Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software (16759 Views)

How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? / FG Enforces Ban On Foreign Computers: HP, LG & Samsung To Lose / NCC Steps In To Reduce Internet Service Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by briantext(m): 9:29am On Oct 30, 2014
Ok
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by psychologist(m): 9:29am On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 30, 2014
manutdadex:
y wont they spend dat amount?? Wen all they teach in our universities are Qbasic,fortran, these are insultin!! Qbasic shud b tut in sec skool. When u spend less dan 30mins a wk in a computer lab and all ur programmin na inside note....wat kind of result were u expectin Too many irrelevant courses in our educational system!

That's why graduates of CSC in Nigeria step out in the labour market looking confused ...their heads has been filled with fortran and basic computer jack
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by AJOT99(m): 9:31am On Oct 30, 2014
OK oooo
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Goahead(m): 9:31am On Oct 30, 2014
irunobo2:
My boyfriend and I decided to try a new adventure today and we fvcked on the balcony. It was very sweet and I wish it could go on all day. He has an 8inch and my pusssy is still tight enough to lubricate his dicck. Ladies please share your intimate experiences. Let the fun begin smiley
8inch Wtf? by the way is here the right place to share your sexcapede?
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Trailblazer1(m): 9:31am On Oct 30, 2014
okzcorp:
I only picked one phrase in this article "Easier said than done".
Another pessimistic fellow.
Please, what do you enjoy staying negative?

It only leads to depression.
Ask a psychologist.
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by CoCoLav(f): 9:32am On Oct 30, 2014
manutdadex:
y wont they spend dat amount?? Wen all they teach in our universities are Qbasic,fortran, these are insultin!! Qbasic shud b tut in sec skool. When u spend less dan 30mins a wk in a computer lab and all ur programmin na inside note....wat kind of result were u expectin Too many irrelevant courses in our educational system!

Very irrelevant! Imagine still asking a secondary school student to make an abacus! In this day and age how relevant is that?
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Cheeun(f): 9:33am On Oct 30, 2014
grin
okzcorp:
I only picked one phrase in this article "Easier said than done".
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by nijanigga: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2014
Nigeria can't feed itself, wants to reduce dependency on software. Hello? people, it's like a child who wants to start running after few crawls.Nigeria is a sickened country.
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by ZinoFego: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2014
We need Power Suppy!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2014
Let Nigerian software developers create something like Microsoft Paint first before we take them serious.
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2014
nijanigga:
Nigeria can't feed itself, wants to reduce dependency on software. Hello? people, it's like a child who wants to start running after few crawls.Nigeria is a sickened country.
pig. Troubled soul.
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by okzcorp: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Another pessimistic fellow.
Please, what do you enjoy staying negative?

It only leads to depression.
Ask a psychologist.

When your optimism in cases like this makes you richer than Bill, let me know.

If you want to improve such sector, you don't start from the media, you start from grassroot I.e the university or even secondary school. Then I can get optimistic.

Just like one has rightly said; you don't develop such sectors by teaching fortran and Qbasic and expect the person to build gigantic softwares.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Cheeun(f): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2014
Lwkmd! You two ehn grin
psychologist:
bello angry
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by omowolewa: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2014
A nice move by the Federal Government. However, quality & Security of software should not be compromised.

However, FG should remember that software do not necessarily pass through the boarders like automobiles, thus, it will be difficult to control.

I believe only a competition by quality, upgradeability, compatibility and userfriendliness will achieve the set intention.

South Africa and India remain the nations to contest with in software sector, so they should study their policies.
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2014
mcdokwe:
Good one.

I see a Nigeria on its way to total independence and all facets of human endeavour. We got all they have and therefore all it takes.

As we push towards this, I advice they should not be in a hurry lest they leave unnecessary back doors which the west might want to explore to rubbish their efforts.

yes we can

PS. Seun pls remove the Islamic declaration from my profile. I am not comfortable with it.

Did you comment in the Islam section? grin grin
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Cheeun(f): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2014
It's a nice dream. undecided
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by lawrenceunaa: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2014
Nice grin we need competition and its only competition that make the current network provider brazen up undecided
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Urine: 9:45am On Oct 30, 2014
I've been in the industry for a while now and stories like this always crop up from time to time. It's easier said than done, solve the problem with electricity first and see what will happen.
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by manutdadex(m): 9:46am On Oct 30, 2014
CoCoLav:

Very irrelevant! Imagine still asking a secondary school student to make an abacus! In this day and age how relevant is that?
realy annoyin...am hopin d likes of Qbasic,fortran will b scrap next section to d likes of c and java
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 30, 2014
I think while noteworthy, this is foolhardy.. how well is Nigerian Software fairing on the International Scene.. I don't mean Ghana and Cotonu.
even small useful utilities for backing up, zipping files etc.. that have made millions for individuals worldwide.. you won't find one of Nigerian origin. how can you compete with International Expertise when you cannot climb over the fence?
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by mcdokwe(m): 9:48am On Oct 30, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Did you comment in the Islam section? grin grin
on a front page new Islamic year thread.
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by IBEXY(m): 9:50am On Oct 30, 2014
Fix the power supply issues and watch the IT sector grow. Simple.
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Talkcentral: 9:51am On Oct 30, 2014
see this senator sha

Photo: Can You Guess The Senator Who Did This Flip?

>>>http://www.ngnews247..com/nigerian-politics-news/can-you-guess-the-senator-who/
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Anyi3(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2014
irunobo2:
My boyfriend and I decided to try a new adventure today and we fvcked on the balcony. It was very sweet and I wish it could go on all day. He has an 8inch and my pusssy is still tight enough to lubricate his dicck. Ladies please share your intimate experiences. Let the fun begin smiley
ok
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2014
this one no go work.......

i no go patronize them.....

spamin tinz on mind!
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by hephzi1991: 9:58am On Oct 30, 2014
nigerians do not only import softwares, we import unnecessary and irrelevant things in the believe that our own locally produced r low class. Until how whole mentally is redefined we will continue to import everything importable unless there is a ban on it.
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by okzcorp: 10:03am On Oct 30, 2014
lawrenceunaa:
Nice grin we need competition and its only competition that make the current network provider brazen up undecided

The use of the Vocab "brazen", is it right?
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Khalifa04: 10:04am On Oct 30, 2014
irunobo2:
were omo, ki la so ki ni so (i pity u)
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by Seandeeds(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2014
It's all about the zeal. If we want to do it sure we can. well, perhaps not in my generation. China started decades ago, look at them today. Our problem is corruption and nonchalance. Let's learn from the Ebola campaign, if we apply the same determination we applied to ebola, we can do anything. Faith

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by DaySpringer: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2014
What will make this vision a success is competition.

Set up a competition for software creation and attach a huge prize money to it
Re: Nigeria In Massive Push To Reduce Dependency On Foreign Software by dammytosh: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2014
gbodimowo:
It will not happen, we are too antagonistic against our own

It is already happening bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SOLD! Lenovo Y520 Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 4gb Dedicated Core I7 7th gen SOLD! / What Are The Advantages Of Using A Chromebook Over A Regular Laptop? / Using Computer Keyboard Short Cut (tips 'n Tricks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.