Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,752 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:29 AM

When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You (2903 Views)

A 'runs Girl' Is In Love With Me: How Do I Send Her Away? / How To Celebrate Val When Your Lover Is Not Around / Excorting Your Friend's Lover! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by hotangel2(f): 7:46am On Sep 25, 2005
Picture this. You have a best-friend, who is of the opposite sex, Both of you are sooo close that people mistaken you for couples. You have days in which you hang out, time of the day you call each other. You literally tell each other everything. You tell him/her about the day, people u wished were dead, how you had a boner in the office (as a guy cheesy).. and so many other stuffs.

Well, your bestfriend, now got a girl or guy that likes him/her which means s/he now has a boyfriend/girlfriend. Automatically that means he has to withdraw from some of the things you both do. S/he tells you S/he is in love with his/her new boyfriend/girlfriend and also tells you that, his/her boyfriend/girlfriend has decided on days they'd hang out and all that... (since you both tell each other everything, he told you about how they went out and how the girl/guy was soo nice and all that stuff). You as a best friend would say... "awww that's sooo cute".

Number One Question: do u really mean that? The awwww that's soo cute phrase

Anyways my question is, What do you if you were in this kind of situation, where your best friend's new girlfriend or b/f has changed almost everything you and your best friend do? It's like, you will no longer have to watch movies together every friday night because your bestfriends has to go out with his/her boyfriend/girlfriend.

Don't say, if your best-friend is really your best-friends, s/he will have time for you. This aint about him/her neglecting you because of his/her girlfriend. It's just that he now has someone else to satisfy, which will mean that he has to supply two people.

Number Two Question:
Do you tell your bestfriend that you don't like the way his/her girlfriend/boyfriend has changed everything about you two? Or do you just live with the fact that, s/he now has a girlfriend/boyfriend and you should get used to it.

Talk now people!

1 Like

Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by CimonJorr(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2005
In life, there's nothing like clarity...

There's a clear difference between best-friends and people who are dating [boyfriend/girlfriend]

From what you've described, I can infer that although you may have not come out and stated/accepted/or faced reality that you and this your best-friend were dating, that was apparently the case, because all the activities you've described are what people who are dating do..

Now the guy has gone and found someone who he wants to date.. who he can come out and claim publicly that:

"yes, this is my girlfriend, and not just a "friend"...

You shouldn't.. you can't expect things to remain the same.. that would be cruel of you..

My advice to you..

GET A LIFE..  tongue tongue tongue

He's obviously gone and gotten one..

ps.. It  would be curious to know how long you and this your erst-while paddy [let me not use best-friend here] had known yourselves, and why you guys never considered dating formally, since it appears that you were doing 'almost' everything else..  tongue [Cosmo]

1 Like

Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by hotangel2(f): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2005
Ohh Antonio... This isnt about me. I just dreamt this story up, and decided to ask y'all. I hope u belive me. smiley
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by nike4luv(f): 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2005
thats the same thing happening to me..i feel neglected sometimes cry and when we hang out, his gurl thinks we are together but we are just best friends

true talk i dont feel good when he tells me about her, i dunno if its jealousy or what o wel, and if anything happens something like a fight between them i have to give good advice because if i dont, hes gonna think i dont want him to have a girlfriend, i feel confused sometimes though but as CJ said.. i gatta get a life and we hang out when we wanna hang out..owel

i think this is the same thing that happened in brown sugar innit?

yes..i feel neglected and jealous as if i wanna bite the girls head off but nope..i gatta be mature rolleyes
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by bijorium(m): 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2005
yes..i feel neglected and jealous as if i want to bite the girls head off but nope..i gatta be mature 
I find that quite amusing grin
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by angelak(f): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2005
This is hilarious!
jealous/feel neglected because he/she has a boyfriend/girlfriend?
That means you have eyes for that guy/girl! I don't believe in boy/girl close, just friends relationships! I think it's a facade.

Most people that i know that claim that they are in just good friends relationships. end up dating the person, or mistakenly kissed/ had intercourse with the person rolleyes

You can have male friends, but why do everything together! till people think you're dating? .

Any man i get to date , had better drop such a close friend who is always with him ,unless his not interested in me.
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by vexxy(f): 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2005
Someone had feelings if the other party is jealous that he/she is now in a relationship. Of course s/he is not going to spend all that quality time with a friend when they are working on building a relationship.

It also sounds like the "best friends" were actually more like "dating friends but one was in denial."

If they were truly only friends then the one would be happy that the other has found a partner (and truly be happy for that person).
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by nike4luv(f): 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2005
its not that you are not happy for him, its just your level of relationship as friends will be decreased because hes gonna change hands innit?
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by vexxy(f): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2005
I don't think the level of friendship will decrease as much as it will be re-defined.
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by nike4luv(f): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2005
he calls me like 10times a day but when he gat a girlfriend he calls like 2times and i'll be worrying where he is and plus he would be keeping some stuff from me cry
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by vexxy(f): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2005
Awe, I'm sorry, Nike. I wish it wasn't happening to you. But as far as him not calling, like they say: No news is good news.

I know that you are worried about him because that's what friends do. I hope it works out in a way where everyone is happy. But while his relationship is still new he will be more attentive to his girlfriend, as he should be. I'm sure you'd want the same from your boyfriend. undecided
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by nike4luv(f): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2005
ya but i never forget him..
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by vexxy(f): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2005
I'm sure you wouldn't! But he probably needs time to get acquainted with his girlfriend. I don't think that means he likes you any less or has lost interest in your friendship.
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by nike4luv(f): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2005
i'm making this too much personal now..i'll stop
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by eveseh(f): 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2006
i cant do nothing about that becos i know my best friend need to
enjoy herself too
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by mide2(f): 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2006
I have a close male friend like that, but there was no feeling other than being good friends, he got himself a girlriend and that didnt get at me one bit, we go out in party when we can, talk on phone for hours when his sweethrt isnt there, cause she'll be wanting his attention. And i even tease him about it, like hope wifey/sweet sixteen (like he calls her) no dey want you. And he'll reply, with smthg like, It's too early for that, we only do it at night or smthg like tht.
But when i met my hearthrob, i was the guilty one cause i literally fashied him, can spend all the time with my man, but i still talk to him on phone and see him when we both can. But honestly we are still best of friends.
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by Youngpo413: 6:36pm On May 30, 2015
hotangel2:
Picture this. You have a best-friend, who is of the opposite sex, Both of you are sooo close that people mistaken you for couples. You have days in which you hang out, time of the day you call each other. You literally tell each other everything. You tell him/her about the day, people u wished were dead, how you had a boner in the office (as a guy cheesy).. and so many other stuffs.

Well, your bestfriend, now got a girl or guy that likes him/her which means s/he now has a boyfriend/girlfriend. Automatically that means he has to withdraw from some of the things you both do. S/he tells you S/he is in love with his/her new boyfriend/girlfriend and also tells you that, his/her boyfriend/girlfriend has decided on days they'd hang out and all that... (since you both tell each other everything, he told you about how they went out and how the girl/guy was soo nice and all that stuff). You as a best friend would say... "awww that's sooo cute".

Number One Question: do u really mean that? The awwww that's soo cute phrase

Anyways my question is, What do you if you were in this kind of situation, where your best friend's new girlfriend or b/f has changed almost everything you and your best friend do? It's like, you will no longer have to watch movies together every friday night because your bestfriends has to go out with his/her boyfriend/girlfriend.

Don't say, if your best-friend is really your best-friends, s/he will have time for you. This aint about him/her neglecting you because of his/her girlfriend. It's just that he now has someone else to satisfy, which will mean that he has to supply two people.

Number Two Question:
Do you tell your bestfriend that you don't like the way his/her girlfriend/boyfriend has changed everything about you two? Or do you just live with the fact that, s/he now has a girlfriend/boyfriend and you should get used to it.

Talk now people!

best friends with the opposite sex?
B!tches keep deceiving their boyfriends.
Re: When Your Best Friend's Lover Is Drawing Him/Her Away From You by tpiar: 2:31am On Jan 13, 2016
wish your best friend well.

(1) (Reply)

I Hope Your Relationship Crashes So Soon So I Could Pop Some Wine: / If You Were To Choose / I Feel My "Bad" Ex Is On The Winning Side Nd I Am On The Losing Side.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.