Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November (14938 Views)

The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 / Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by iconize(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
Eagles Begin Training in Uyo for Ghana Friendly

THE home-based contingent of the Super Eagles will begin training in Uyo Tuesday for their international friendly against Ghana, which has been arranged by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) as part of the ceremonies for the opening of the ultra-modern Akwa Ibom International Stadium.

Players invited for the game against the Black Stars on November 7 were expected to arrive at the Le Meridien Hotel, Uyo, yesterday for the game, which will also afford the Stephen Keshi-led technical crew the opportunity to look closely at the home-based stars, as the Eagles prepare for the crucial African Nations Cup qualifier against Congo next week.

Speaking on the game at the weekend, Keshi, who was earlier sacked by the NFF, said he was honoured to be recalled to the national team, but insisted that the focus is on the forthcoming Nations Cup qualifiers against Congo Republic and the final game against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa, which will also take place in Uyo.

"We have the players who can do Nigeria proud in the remaining qualifiers and I know somehow we will make it to the finals and retain our trophy," he said.

Among the players expected in camp Monday for the friendly against Ghana are goalkeepers: Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United); Daniel Akpeyi (Warri Wolves); and Theophilus Afelokhai (Kano Pillars).

The defenders are Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars); Idris Aloma (El-Kanemi Warriors); Chima Akas (Sharks FC); Nelson Ogbonna (Heartland FC); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves); Erhun Obanor (Bendel Insurance); Bright Esieme (Enyimba FC); and Umar Zango (Kano Pillars), while the midfielders are Christian Pyagbara (Sharks FC); Charles Henlong (Giwa FC); Joseph Nathaniel (Sharks FC); Stanley Dimgba (Warri Wolves); Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars); Chinedu Udeaga (Enugu Rangers); Kingsley Sokari (Enyimba FC); and Tony Edjomari (Nasarawa FC).

Current leading marksman in the Glo Premier League, Mfon Udoh of Enyimba FC, is in the strike force, which also has Christian Obiozor (Enugu Rangers); Gbolahan Salami (Warri Wolves); Osaguona Ighodaro (Enugu Rangers); and Emem Eduok (Dolphins FC).

Meanwhile, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has named Egyptian, Ghead Zaglol Grisha, as the centre referee for next week's 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying showdown between Nigeria and Congo Brazzaville in Pointe Noire.

Grisha will be assisted by compatriots, Tahssen Abo El Sadat Bedyer (Assistant Referee 1), Ahmed Abou Elela (Assistant Referee 2) and Mahmoud Ashor (Reserve Referee) during the match in Congo's Atlantic City.

The African body also named Aboubakar Alim Konate from Cameroun as Commissioner, while Moroccan Naciri Abdelali will be Security Officer.

CAF has also disclosed that the crucial game will start at 3.30 p.m. Congo time, which will be 2.30 p.m. in Nigeria.

Coach Keshi's 25-man squad for the battle is expected to arrive at the Eagles' Bolton White Apartments camp in Abuja from Sunday.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by JiggamanGh: 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
Tonylyte:

U are not innovative in your punchlines...that eba jibe is achaic and i dont even see that as a punchline. Punchline is when u can easily identify a black goat in the middle of the night before a ghanaian.

Another punchline would be, Nigerians will do anything for money including using their mothers for juju, chopping their fathers for pounded yam and egusi or selling their sister into prostitution.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by Emaoto: 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
Good evening my Ghanian brothers and Nigerians too am from Cross River State and am happy to be on Nairaland as a first timer. Thank u. Now regarding this issue, EGYPT, NIGERIA, GHANA, CAMEROUN, TUNISIA, IVORY COAST and ZAMBIA are currently the top football playing nations in Africa. Why is this? In my next post i will explain. There is still room for more insights.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by JiggamanGh: 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
Emaoto:
Good evening my Ghanian brothers and Nigerians too am from Cross River State and am happy to be on Nairaland as a first timer. Thank u. Now regarding this issue, EGYPT, NIGERIA, GHANA, CAMEROUN, TUNISIA, IVORY COAST and ZAMBIA are currently the top football playing nations in Africa. Why is this? In my next post i will explain. There is still room for more insights.

Remove Zambia and add Algeria
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by Antell95(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Remove Zambia and add Algeria

hope to see you tomorrow!!!
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by JiggamanGh: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Antell95:

hope to see you tomorrow!!!

I wanted the real super eagles, I guess we will use these guys as appetizer.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by LeoSanchez(m): 12:26am On Nov 07, 2014
so.. Does keshi still plan on using injured mikel??
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by LeoSanchez(m): 12:38am On Nov 07, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Another punchline would be, Nigerians will do anything for money including using their mothers for juju, chopping their fathers for pounded yam and egusi or selling their sister into prostitution.
OMG.. Is dat what u saw on the movie
Well if so all i see is Ghanaians 'eff' blipin anyfin dat comes dia way wearing a skirt.. Feeding dia little infants wif some thick black stuff and make den have a kinda yam leg n thick face like god of war..
ow no wonder d name goes Black Stars
And artist desperately getting loan to sing wif a Nigerian upcoming artist just to get popular..
honestly if u guys dont feel intimidated why r u always the one to start the crazy topic abt winning Nigeria bah blah blah even when we neva talk anyfin
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by JiggamanGh: 1:00am On Nov 07, 2014
LeoSanchez:
OMG.. Is dat what u saw on the movie
Well if so all i see is Ghanaians 'eff' blipin anyfin dat comes dia way wearing a skirt.. Feeding dia little infants wif some thick black stuff and make den have a kinda yam leg n thick face like god of war..
ow no wonder d name goes Black Stars
And artist desperately getting loan to sing wif a Nigerian upcoming artist just to get popular..
honestly if u guys dont feel intimidated why r u always the one to start the crazy topic abt winning Nigeria bah blah blah even when we neva talk anyfin

What the fork did this niiga just say. Stop smoking that kush.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by LeoSanchez(m): 7:35am On Nov 07, 2014
JiggamanGh:

i will as soon as your country stop selling
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by LeoSanchez(m): 7:37am On Nov 07, 2014
JiggamanGh:

and i do have a question
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by tonididdy(m): 8:40am On Nov 07, 2014
I can't believe no one can provide a kickoff time for this match not even on the world wide web
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by iconize(m): 9:14am On Nov 07, 2014
Daniel Amokachi is likely to handle this match.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by iconize(m): 10:38am On Nov 07, 2014
I think the match is 6:30Pm Nigerian time.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by Antell95(m): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2014
tonididdy:
I can't believe no one can provide a kickoff time for this match not even on the world wide web

Its 6:30 pm
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by iconize(m): 11:50am On Nov 07, 2014
Injustice

Nigeria would be thrashing Ghana with her home based squad.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November by iconize(m): 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
Honeric01 and semid4lyfe, there's an existing thread that already made the Frontpage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WAFU Cup: Ezenwa Voted Best Player In Super Eagles Win Vs Sierra Leone / John Ogu & Chiugo Welcome A Baby Girl (Photos) / "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.