Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (70667 Views)

Buhari Town Hall Meeting In US Turns Into An Embarrassment / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 31, 2014
Braggante:

And I doubt if he very much cares about how high you hold him now. By your reasoning, anyone who speaks for the people, or demands better govt is an APC stooge. That is a very silly reasoning since there are many other political parties in Nigeria at the moment.
I believe the Professor made his mind known, your attack should be at his comments and not at him. He has made his bones long before you were conceived, and with the way you reason, I doubt if you will ever achieve close to what he has.

It is a fact, GEJ has failed as a leader. He may be better as a farmer, a husband, a lecturer or even a class rep, but as a president, be sincere with yourself, he is a big mistake which should be corrected in 2015.

Ps: I am non-partisan.

I didn't even see your comment before replying Pro01

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by tolustx(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2014
Who is d professor sef. Who knws him if not jst students he lectures. And I guess most of dem must be laughing and mocking him for his folly. He does not deserve any honour / respect because he has shown no form of respect or honour for d office of d president. If not for constraints of the constitution, ds guy shud ve been ripped of his right to speech.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by jamace(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2014
FearGodinall:
just read your comments again and ask yourself wht your've read. I weep for my beloved country.
Ehe, what is wrong with my statement? In those crude days of OBJ democracy, the man knows where he would have been by now.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by deletrue: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2014
Dlionsheart:
Is there no other way that this so called professor can show his support for APC than insulting the president and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria??

What is the minimum qualification stipulated by our constitution for the office of the president in Nigeria??
Did a PhD degree amongst the qualification??

how discipline is this professor on this
Bros., na their way be that. You no know apc again? They are only displaying the characteristics of failed people.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Cheeun(f): 10:26am On Oct 31, 2014
Hmm na today? He has been an embarrassment since 13BC grin Very clueless somebody! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by donsijemichael: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2014
JayKaba:
PhD degree is not a certification of intelligence. It only takes the knowledge of an aspect of a singular discipline to obtain a PhD. A PhD holder in Sociology for example would definitely not know how to solve the least Calculus problem. GEJ does not have a PhD in management or "governance" so his PhD degree should not be a subject of reference when trying to castigate his style of leadership.
dont mind them d point still remain all haters of GEJ their 10th generations can neva produce a president shki na
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2014
SlimBrawnie:
Examination is not the true test of knowledge neither is a Ph.D a yardstick for determining leadership and good governance.
You think so shallow. You really have to brace up because you're still young.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2014
Rockyheight:
He should know how to address a man who has achieved what he can not dare dream about.
Akin Oyebode is a fulfilled man, having attained the highest level, professorship, in his career as an academic.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2014
my PDP people please don't be annoyed about what the prof said..

Sai jonathan is the best presido naija has ever had..

let hater keep hating while we keep on stalkin up $$ on our jet.. wink wink

we've set up a committee to look into what the prof said already.. grin grin

no mind my english abeg.. i no get money to go school.. cool

abeg apc people no like my comment o,, or else i go make sure say we withdraw all the police including the vigilante in your area cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by n1bogo: 10:28am On Oct 31, 2014
Lol I want to know if Ph.D is a criteria for leadership.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Shugakay(f): 10:28am On Oct 31, 2014
splasher:
How intelligent are you"Prof" Oyebode? The way you try insulting the President of this great country you sound like a dullard to me. How did you get your Ph.d? I guess by some wishy-washy thesis that can't rank among your peers. Please keep silent if you don't have intelligible contributions to make.
Mind you, that Prof. spoke intelligently,if you listened carefully you will notice that his words were carefully selected and delivered his points accurately. Have you listened to amiable president speak? How intelligent are his words and decisions? Please call a spade a spade, stop being bias/PPM in this. GEJ is a PH.D holder and our President, no doubts but he isn't acting as the masses expected.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by nationwide1(m): 10:29am On Oct 31, 2014
I don't like abusing people but the so called professor is an embarrassment to his children and UNILAG for his lack of common sense.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by deletrue: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2014
See as this prof. dirty sef. Hardship is working on him. If you like post another thread, no appointment for you. You can continue with your hardship.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by ugborakson: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2014
Mr. Proffessor you are the embarassment. Your speech does worth your person, know that Jonathan is the peoples president and not your self centered thinking about him.

Get it right man!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by jaybee3(m): 10:31am On Oct 31, 2014
ugborakson:
Mr. Proffessor you are the embarassment. Your speech does worth your person, know that Jonathan is the peoples president and not your self centered thinking about him.

what's his approval rating bro?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by macherie1: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2014
JayKaba:
PhD degree is not a certification of intelligence. It only takes the knowledge of an aspect of a singular discipline to obtain a PhD. A PhD holder in Sociology for example would definitely not know how to solve the least Calculus problem. GEJ does not have a PhD in management or "governance" so his PhD degree should not be a subject of reference when trying to castigate his style of leadership.
It is expected that for you to have achieved the feat of holding a PHD, you must be able to show a certain degree of decorum, self respect and common sense. These attributes are not limited to any field.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by emmasege: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2014
gabicon:
John maxwell said ''Leadership is influence nothing more nothing less'' education is and enhancer of leadership it simply broadens ones perspective. GEJ must have thrived as a teacher in uni port but follows don't want to be taught they want to be led. If he weren't a good lecturer he would probably have been fired from his lecturing job, I really do not think we should quantify leadership with a level of education I therefore do not support the stance of the professor and also he should remember that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.
Point of correction! Jonathan was never a University lecturer, go check his profile very well. He was rather a lecturer in College of education despite the fact that he "earned" his PhD in the days when PhD was rarer in Nigeria. And I stand by what the Prof. said, GEJ is an embarrassment to PhD holders, and his PhD supervisor should be ashamed of his product wherever he is today. His spoken English is even far below the level of a BSc holder.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Braggante(m): 10:32am On Oct 31, 2014
ugborakson:

Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by sadewun: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2014
I pity those abusing the so call freedom of speach in domocracy. Just for one to downgrade one's oponent does not warrant unguided ulterances. The unfortunate thing is that the so call Prof may even be prof in yoruba or even religious knowledge and he feels on top of the world hence uttering all of form of false optimum political propaganda in order for his party to be credited. Anyway we are Nigerians and 2015 saga will soon be over and we would know who is who. For you to abuse mr. Presidents was a good student when he was in UNIPORT as testified by our lecturers. Hence watch your words.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by maclatunji: 10:34am On Oct 31, 2014
baccaspace:
SSCE holding President Da Silva, Fmr President of Brazil did extremely better than all the previous administration and incumbent University trained President.
Primary 3 trained Jacob Zuma is far better that University trained and PHD holder Jonathan

If what you say is true, we might need to look at our educational system again. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nairabeezie(m): 10:34am On Oct 31, 2014
Please how can i contact Nairaland Admins? most of them are not active and they dont reply their mails

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by chemali: 10:34am On Oct 31, 2014
It's amazing the way anyone who attacks Jonathan is ridiculed without looking at the substance of what is being said. Did he have a basis for saying what he did? Yes. Is he wrong to have made the statement? No. He is entitled to his opinion. No one victimises Donald Trump for insulting the president of the most powerful country in the world. It's the weak who fears criticism.
GEJ's words and actions have always brought his PhD to question. The fact someone with credibility voiced this out should not give GEJ's butt lickers sleepless night. Focus on the message!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Braggante(m): 10:34am On Oct 31, 2014
deletrue:
See as this prof. dirty sef. Hardship is working on him. If you like post another thread, no appointment for you. You can continue with your hardship.

Obviously you don't know Prof Oyebode. Kindly use google. His family is very successful, and made it through using their brains outside politics, a task that may be difficult for you at the moment.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Bitojoe(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=Ilekokonit post=27598027]Jonathan is an Embarrassment to Ph.D Holders - Unilag Professor of Int Law

Start watching at 1min 29secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWbHLgiieeE?t=1m29s

[/quote

remember,those who abuse his/her superiors will never attain to their level of leadership.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2014
sleinadczar:

Na democracy cause all these things, if na military regime wey we D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅, plenty people for D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅ consider their comments.

Senseless post.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2014
sadewun:
[s]I pity those abusing the so call freedom of speach in domocracy. Just for one to downgrade one's oponent does not warrant unguided ulterances. The unfortunate thing is that the so call Prof may even be prof in yoruba or even religious knowledge and he feels on top of the world hence uttering all of form of false optimum political propaganda in order for his party to be credited. Anyway we are Nigerians and 2015 saga will soon be over and we would know who is who. For you to abuse mr. Presidents was a good student when he was in UNIPORT as testified by our lecturers. Hence watch your words.[/s]

I honestly hope you are not a University graduate with this your manner of reasoning.....
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2014
Lanister:

Your ignorance is chronic and malignant. Only a chronic and malignant deliverance can deliver that. Just to know that you are less of an ambitious person. I am certain youve never been to school or a drop out.

Ph.D sociology can be diversified. In fact, you can have phd sociology in public governance, health, crime, guns, environement, in economics, in mathematics, in any course.

If you have a Phd in Sociology of Health and have a Masters in Public health, you can work in health institutions and earn more pay. You can be a political sociologist. Anything in sociology. So what are u saying?

Back to the Topic: We have Ph.D with pedigree and Ph.D just for fun. Jonathan had the Ph.D for fun and not for continuous research purpose. And in fact, what is re-searchable in the zoo. Are we animals?

Nigeria needs Ph.D holders in sociology with specialization in public governance, public policies, politics, environment, industry, economics and health. Not Ph.D in animals.

Guy, you're the ignorant one. He simply cited an example,and your talking all the jargons in your mouth. Will a person acquire the knowledge of solving calculus simply because he has PhD in sociology? That was his question.

Now you said there is PhD Sociology in health,right? So they can manage Diabetic ketoacidosis, perform surgeries and do other things doctors do?

You said Nigeria needs Ph.D holders in sociology with specialization in public governance, public policies, politics, environment, industry, economics and health, right? How many countries have such as their presidents?

The issue is never about qualification. It's about innate leadership skills and acumen. GEJ doesn't really have much of it, but that still doesn't warrant all the insults being poured out on him. No matter how dull a president is, with sound ministers and advisers, he can still deliver. GEJ's advisers are either not very good, or he doesn't listen to them.

Despite all these, GEJ still deserves some respect. He has professors in his cabinet (Minister of power and former minister of health) who might have been sounding like this UNILAG prof till they were appointed ministers. I can assure you that this prof won't do anything extraordinary if he's appointed minister of justice, interior,information or any other minstry.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by josite: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2014
let us be real real.jonathan is performing at the mediocre level.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2014
nikpet2:
if you want my respect, you gonna have to work for it..

anyways teamFishermanGEJ till naija get sense

grin grin

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by JEITO: 10:38am On Oct 31, 2014
Would this man have had the guts to say this in 1983,84 or 85

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Dagah2: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2014
Lanister:

Your ignorance is chronic and malignant. Only a chronic and malignant deliverance can deliver that. Just to know that you are less of an ambitious person. I am certain youve never been to school or a drop out.

Ph.D sociology can be diversified. In fact, you can have phd sociology in public governance, health, crime, guns, environement, in economics, in mathematics, in any course.

If you have a Phd in Sociology of Health and have a Masters in Public health, you can work in health institutions and earn more pay. You can be a political sociologist. Anything in sociology. So what are u saying?

Back to the Topic: We have Ph.D with pedigree and Ph.D just for fun. Jonathan had the Ph.D for fun and not for continuous research purpose. And in fact, what is re-searchable in the zoo. Are we animals?

Nigeria needs Ph.D holders in sociology with specialization in public governance, public policies, politics, environment, industry, economics and health. Not Ph.D in animals.
U are so daft to hv asked what is researchable in zoology.I bet u neither hv any of d PH.D's..dat of fun nor pedigree,o yes nobody in your family do hv it.
And to answer ur other question,yes we are higher animals.Now my question to you,which of the other presidential aspirant can boast of d pH.D in ur acclaimed wonder course....sociology.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by kingsley247: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2014
My president are you allowing everybody to be insulting you. Your d number 1 and commander of d arm forces. Your trying your best inspite of all dis problem tat they ar giving u since u took office from them. Pls one thing I wl like u to do for me is to teach dis man tat is insulting u on video from unilag a lesson tat he wl nt forget so tat others can accord d office of a president some respect. How can they be insulting u and ur leaving them just like tat. Do dis for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo / Nigerian Military Release Photos From The Battle In Konduga / Spot The Difference Ganduje Vs Kwankwaso Bridge In Kano.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.