Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (70699 Views)

Buhari Town Hall Meeting In US Turns Into An Embarrassment / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by boujaye: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2014
who is Oyebode? a professor that lacks wit, a professor that lack organized public speech. How can a professor at his suppose academic status insult a fellow academic don of a phd status for that matter, more so your president whether you like it or not atleast for now; all becos of his quest for power and to score a cheap political goal. I suggest that Professor Oyebode professorship should be dishonored for gross abuse of his fellow don and office of the president.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by newguy1(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2014
muktarmtt:
u papa will never b a prof so dnt even call any Prof yeye PDP e rat kawai Mtcheew
how did u know ma dad is not a prof.. N in ur own words ur papa can never n b a prof yeye apc. N dude im a fuckin graduate
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by hansad: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2014
eye4eye:
Jonathan has been an embarrassment to Nigeria and Nigerians at large. How can this guy have Ph.D and still does things the way he rules Nigeria? Jonathan embarrasses this country anywhere he goes. Jonathan and PDP are like cancer that we have no choice but to kill that cancer wherever it is found. So this committee convening President must be chase out of power on February 14 at all cost.

Jonathan Must Go!

PDP must be killed and buried!
Jan-jawe-ed Yoruba professor spoke, another jan-jawe-ed eyeforeye quickly responded, other jan-jawe-eds did thumb up. Take note SW Mohammedians: Not all groups in Nigeria are cowards that can be easily intimidated to surrender and get conquered by Mohammedians ravaging from the Sahel region. Despite the war waged against Jonathan govt by Mohammedians, Jonathan has outperformed his predecessors in office. Face to face with a Havard Professor to discuss a topic in their common field, this Jan-jawe-ed Mohammedian professor Oyebode must get stammering and freeze out before long.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2014
To those of you supporting Jonathan. When his tenure ends, and he goes back to lecturing, would you allow your child to be supervised by him, if you have your way?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by IYANGBALI: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2014
manutdadex:
wtf is dis man Well its not ur fault jst thank ur star dat we re in a civilian dispensation. Una go jst dey abuse Gej as una like forgetting he is ur head. God bless Nigeria. God bless Gej and God bless whoeva bcomes our next presido!!!
sule wake up day don break grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by dmozart: 11:44am On Oct 31, 2014
clemz88:
mr man from all what uv listed what I have to say to you is that you are wrong .hez done all he an do n is still working on it .which past president can u say has tackled all and if they actually tackled all uv listed then what went wrong that president jonathan had to come on sit n started working on them all over. Your point is so baseless I must say bacause in the whole world no president can solve every problem.
Of course he is doin well by eating $1.2Bn food yearly while Millions in d country have no food...able bodied men and women hawking gala and plantain chips in d traffic( result) of d huge potholes, graduates with excellent qualifications riding keke and resorting to blogging while touts and looters in leadership positions ,ppl without human compassion and an atom of patriotism fly priv8 jets purchased from their ill-gotten loot. And u r here defending d indefensible instead of the defenseless becos of a few crumbs dat fell from their table. #Dia ris God in everything we are doing#inpeg'svoice#

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by IYANGBALI: 11:44am On Oct 31, 2014
boujaye:
who is Oyebode? a professor that lacks wit, a professor that lack organized public speech. How can a professor at his suppose academic status insult a fellow academic don of a phd status for that matter, more so your president whether you like it or not atleast for now; all becos of his quest for power and to score a cheap political goal. I suggest that Professor Oyebode professorship should be dishonored for gross abuse of his fellow don and office of the president.
eyaaaaaaa,sorry,pele grin
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by ayoodeji(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2014
He is perhaps more embarrassing to professors and the elite for saying his president is an embarassment.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by EldaTimba(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2014
Braggante:

Education
Unemployment
Health care
Infrastructure
Corruption
Impunity
Increase in Poverty
Homelessness
Security

Would you like more?
1. Education: I guess you know the number of universities, polytechnics GEJ built. The alimajaris schools and the improvement in the last NECO SSCE are failure?
2. Unemployment: Are you jobless? If your answer is NO, then that is striked out.
3. You have forgotten our giant strides in Ebola, polio vaccinations so quickly.
4. Infrastructure: Benin-Ore road, ongoing Lagos/Ibadan road, railways are among failure?
5.Corruption: we say he is corrupt, kindly point out "how" with proof. If I say Buhari is corrupt based on rumours, will you accept that?
6. Impunity: GEJ would have jailed this prof Oyebode, Lai Mohammed then
7.Increase in poverty: Yet phone manufacturers flood this country with various android phones. Are the phones free? Increase in poverty also means browsing easily I guess. If I may ask, have you eaten Today? If yes, then there is "NO POVERTY"
8. Homelessness: I guess people are no longer building houses. What of FG's housing scheme.
9.Security: Can you sleep in your home? Do you have to fidget to go to your working place? If your answers are "NO", then you are secure.

I think you should mention more so that I can enlighten you on GEJ's style of leadership

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2014
hifaif:

And what is constituted authority? Hope you know it includes the police too? If you have insulted the police before or have seen somebody do so without you chiding the person, then, you are an hypocrite.

If you see me in real life, liver will fail you to say a word.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by molas02: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2014
if i am d president i will order d arrest of dis Oyebode for ultering such statement against d president......d man is stupid
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Franchise21(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2014
Dis is just a politically motivated statement. Clearly PDP vs APC. 2015 go too sweet. I hope it produces a season film
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Jhulyan(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2014
hifaif:

It is democracy, bro. He is not a coward like you.
Its ur generation tht is full of cowards...ebony swine!!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by manutdadex(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2014
IYANGBALI:
sule wake up day don break grin
well am nt sure if u re high on some cheap weed...y dat word sule?? Must show ur imaturity here?
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by newguy1(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2014
Omimah:

Buhari an illiterate? You are the illiterate here, for thinking because he didn't attend any university he is an illiterate. Literacy is not necessarily having a degree. I'm sure you will pick Patience Jonathan if you are asked to pick the literate between her and Buhari. In the Department of Dramatic Arts OAU, you have a person like Jimi Solanke without a degree teaching even MA students. He has the skills, having been taught by people like Ola Rotimi, Wole Soyinka, Yomi Ogunmola, etc. I remember reading somewhere where Prof. Ahmed Yerima hugged with tears in his eyes the late Laide Adewale, who I'm sure didn't have a degree, that taught him practicals in drama in Ife.
Buhari has his records as a former Governor, minister and Head of State.
dude thank u for dis write up, now can u equate dis set of people u mentioned above with buhari in term of exposure, see we a brilliant even extral ordinary person to b president. @lest i was too young to know how is first reign as nigeria head of state was but with what i have heard people didnt really appreciate him. Secondly he has d same ideallogy he had den n see buhari nko only ambition is to win against pdp its not like he is d mesiah we have been waiting for, he is so far from it.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by mecusbosco(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2014
EldaTimba:

1. Education: I guess you know the number of universities, polytechnics GEJ built. The alimajaris schools and the improvement in the last NECO SSCE are failure?
2. Unemployment: Are you jobless? If your answer is NO, then that is striked out.
3. You have forgotten our giant strides in Ebola, polio vaccinations so quickly.
4. Infrastructure: Benin-Ore road, ongoing Lagos/Ibadan road, railways are among failure?
5.Corruption: we say he is corrupt, kindly point out "how" with proof. If I say Buhari is corrupt based on rumours, will you accept that?
6. Impunity: GEJ would have jailed this prof Oyebode, Lai Mohammed then
7.Increase in poverty: Yet phone manufacturers flood this country with various android phones. Are the phones free? Increase in poverty also means browsing easily I guess. If I may ask, have you eaten Today? If yes, then there is "NO POVERTY"
8. Homelessness: I guess people are no longer building houses. What of FG's housing scheme.
9.Security: Can you sleep in your home? Do you have to fidget to go to your working place? If your answers are "NO", then you are secure.

I think you should mention more so that I can enlighten you on GEJ's style of leadership

Please tell him. When someone is kidnaped, we wait for the president to come and bring the kidnapped back. Even when they refused to lock their various houses. Next time, they will allow their foods to burn on fire so that the president can come and bring the food down. It will get to that some day trust me.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by louiskay(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2014
Jonathan is an educated illiterate............ Sided by another killer brand of an acclaimed bs.c holder............. Sincerely dis prof is without doubt very korrect.... Gej is truly a cute disgrace to ph.d holders in 9ja........... The level of ur education should determine the level of ur sanity and sensibility in all aspect of life............. Afterall u ve seen read and researched on issues that should be able to re sharpen ur Life........ Gej indeed is a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by hansad: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2014
boujaye:
A president that can rule Prof. Oyebode country from a sick bed in Saudi Arabia for months with Oyebode keeping quiet, a Sani Abacha, an IBB, a Buhari, these have been the choice of Oyebode extremist people for leadership in Nigeria. Oyebode Cowards.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by ajaerochyms(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2014
eye4eye:
please mr president is going no where u have to speak for ur slf and ur family,we love him and we must keep him take it or live it Jonathan has been an embarrassment to Nigeria and Nigerians at large. How can this guy have Ph.D and still does things the way he rules Nigeria? Jonathan embarrasses this country anywhere he goes. Jonathan and PDP are like cancer that we have no choice but to kill that cancer wherever it is found. So this committee convening President must be chase out of power on February 14 at all cost.

Jonathan Must Go!

PDP must be killed and buried!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Ilaje44(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2014
mko2005:

If you understand economics you will know that good economic policies sometimes if not all the time can't be seen or felt on a short run basis.
Only two Months ago, Nigeria overtook South Africa as the continent’s largest economy after it overhauled its gross domestic product data for the first time in more than two decades. According to verifiable figures for 2013, released by Nigeria’s statistics bureau, Nigeria’s GDP hit $503bn (£307bn) – nearly double previous estimates and well ahead of South Africa at around $350bn.
This pushed Nigeria up 12 places to become the 24th largest economy in the world – on par with Poland and Belgium and ahead of Argentina, Austria and Iran. This is a huge achievement. For the past two decades, South Africa remained the largest economy in Africa. This development was not achieved overnight . It was a result of the direct dynamic approach of this same ph.d President in terms of greater investment in entrepreneurship and private sector participation.
The anticipated resultant effect of this is the attraction of more foreign investment to Nigeria. It is also a development that would motivate local investors to invest in Nigeria. The Diasporas also have been boosted by this development so in the coming months Nigeria would receive greater local and international attention in terms of investments.

God help us

Well, it's great news that after we have rebased our economic data, we are now the biggest economy in Africa. What I would advice you to do is, to visit some of the countries you mentioned, and come back to Nigeria if you will still be shouting we are the biggest economy in Africa. Nigeria has got a long way to go, and this government has done not much to put us on the right path. That our economy has been growing is not the merit of Jonathan's economic policies, but the reforms put forward by his predecesors especially Obasanjo. This I believe you wont doubt if you are still going to hold on to your following statement: "...good economic policies sometimes if not all the time can't be seen or felt on a short run basis."

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2014
pring:
Must everything be about politics. Are u enjoying the present day Nigeria? Is this country progressing? Dragging 3rd position on Polio worst hit countries with Somalia n Pakistan a good record? How is electricity in your neighborhood? How is the road around you? Do u kn Nigerian Unemployment index?
Let call a spade a spade.

My brother, this has little to do with playing politics. Things have improved in many areas, fewer fuel scarcity bouts, fewer university strikes, better roads since the advent of this democratic republic (1999 till date). Better airports and safer skies, more stable currency, though still weak but more stable. More business and job opportunities e.g. nollywood, music and arts, trade and imports, growing local contents in terms of manufacturing e.g Innoson, Stallion motors, globe motors e.t.c better funding for education, though more needs to be done, better welfare for civil servants, better and more accessible healthcare(we are far from being there yet, but we are growing), generally we have a far bigger economy.

Power is still abysmal at least in many areas, corruption is becoming more evident, heightened insecurity in some areas. But to say Nigeria is worse off generally, would be the height of ingratitude and malice.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2014
ilugunboy:

Why are you contradicting yourself? undecided

Mr. Man, do you know what contradiction means? Your meaningless one-liner does not indicate wit, as you might delude yourself into believing. What exactly is your point,?
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by EldaTimba(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2014
mecusbosco:

Please tell him. When someone is kidnaped, we wait for the president to come and bring the kidnapped back. Even when they refused to lock their various houses. Next time, they will allow their foods to burn on fire so that the president can come and bring the food down. It will get to that some day trust me.
They criticize GEJ on a sector not knowing his achievements. Imagine Bacanista saying GEJ did not implement his Subsidy promise. Thank God for Ngwakwe who schooled them. GEJ is the best President Nigeria has ever witnessed
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by tkconcept(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2014
All these ppl who just run their mouth anyhow! as a well enlightened and educated ph.d holder. i least expect this from him. Insulting your number citizen on public t.v. why not proffer solutions to the issues. and indirectly let everyone figure that the government of the day is not working? this is just playing to the gallery. i bet you he won't do any better if he was the president. Long live Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by zolarade(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
Chai! Dia is God oo
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by EldaTimba(m): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omimah:

The blind can see and the deah know that he has failed.
I may have just a Bsc, but I know how sound I am. Read across literature, politics, economics, history, diplomacy, sociology, law, philosophy, drama, etc to make me relevant. I don't just read withing the field I got my Bsc. What does Jonathan read? This is the same question a political scientist, Prof. Ayo Olukotun asked in his column in the Punch last year. Obama and Cameroun, though busy, but always take delivery of cattons of books which they always read. The other day a US-based PR tried to deceive us with Jonathan reading a book in a dark room.
Simple question, u nor fit answer. How has he failed? Name 5 key SECTOR where he hasn't PERFORM at all.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by dmozart: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
stanislaus67:
I can't believe this is happening . hw soon we have forgotten. OK... "GEJ is clueless" "GEJ is over ambitious " "GEJ is this and GEJ is that" and most recently,GEJ is a disgrace to PhD holders". I repeat, 'Hw soon we have forgotten'. In the recent past some bad elements at the eve of GEJ's victory at the polls vowed to make the country ungovernable for him. 'THEY' made good their threats by ACTIONS,WORDS, DEEDS AND OMISSIONS. Here we are my fellow Nigerians, amidst all these turpsy-turvy orchestrated by these Bad elements, castigating a man who is making sincere efforts to give us a better life. It would have been a different ball game if he enjoyed some level of
serenity in his administration.
Let's bear this in mind,u dont have to insult him.Allow the polls to do that, except you are afraid he will win and therefore resorted to insults. Vote wisely
Did they make the govt ungovernable by stealing $20Bn?
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by HopeAlive14(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
Abuse, hate, curse, deride, disrespect, insult, bemoan, grumble, be bitter, develop high blood pressure and sleepless nights, backslide from PDP to APC (or vice versa), etc... all you can.

GEJ remains Nigeria's President and No. 1 citizen AND IS seeking re-election for another four years and is likely to win! I think it will be more profitable to channel every negative energy to positive prayer for the President and all our future leaders.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by lacasa: 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ɨƚɑ., Ɨƚɑ., Ɨƚɑ.,

Isn't it Obvious!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ilaje44:

Well, it's great news that after we have rebased our economic data, we are now the biggest economy in Africa. What I would advice you to do is, to visit some of the countries you mentioned, and come back to Nigeria if you will still be shouting we are the biggest economy in Africa. Nigeria has got a long way to go, and this government has done not much to put us on the right path. That our economy has been growing is not the merit of Jonathan's economic policies, but the reforms put forward by his predecesors especially Obasanjo. This I believe you wont doubt if you are still going to hold on to your following statement: "...good economic policies sometimes if not all the time can't be seen or felt on a short run basis."

Delusional thinking on the part of those who would ascribe every success recorded to obj. The telecomms reforms you lot so credit obj for was conceived and started by Abacha, yet we do not see anywhere he is credited for it. Praytell, what did obj do? Now they will say debt forgiveness.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by EldaTimba(m): 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Braggante:
It's a shame that some Nigerians fail to see the depths of underdevelopment we have sunk into. We are here celebrating and fighting for a government that is performing below mediocrity, while other nations move on. It is scary. When shall we summon the courage to call a spade a spade and demand what we want?

If we become unfortunate to have this govt rule for anothe 4 years, Im sure these pro-GEJ people will return here and will be the first to start criticizing the govt.

Are we blind to see that this country is regressing under PDP/GEJ? Can we not see the increased poverty and unemployment killing us, and the govt has neglected to do anything meaningful about it? Can we not see how education has been starved of attention, putting in jeopardy the future of the country? It's been PDP since democracy, yet no end to corruption, tribalism in govt, poverty and insecurity. Foreign respect for Nigeria has decreased to an embarrassing proportion, yet we are here trying to excuse the govts ineptitude and nonchalance. When shall we learn people?

Our power for change is in our votes, our voices. PDP has had its chance and has ruined our country. Lets see what another party has in plan for us. We shouldn't be afraid of change. Let's say enough is enough.
I can't see increase in poverty because most of my church members are buying cars. Teachers in Ondo State are living in their houses, I eat 3 times a day. On education, we are better than EVER. If you doubt me, ask a 3 years old child what a noun means. 30 years ago, can 3 year know what noun is? Nigerians now break academic records in US university and you say we are worse off.
About you votes, it won't change anything.

But wait, when do Nigerians start THINKING VOTES counts? When GEJ assumed office I guess.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by ican2020: 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
[size=14pt]Professor Akin Oyebode
You just own Big Award.[/size]
[size=50pt]The Most Useless Professor In Africa[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

FBI Indictment Of Abba Kyari, Hushpuppi (US Court Documents) / Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) / Soldiers Carrying Abu Ali On Their Shoulder & Hailing Him (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.