Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (70681 Views)

Buhari Town Hall Meeting In US Turns Into An Embarrassment / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by mecusbosco(m): 11:13am On Oct 31, 2014
Lanister:

Your ignorance is chronic and malignant. Only a chronic and malignant deliverance can deliver that. Just to know that you are less of an ambitious person. I am certain youve never been to school or a drop out.

Ph.D sociology can be diversified. In fact, you can have phd sociology in public governance, health, crime, guns, environement, in economics, in mathematics, in any course.

If you have a Phd in Sociology of Health and have a Masters in Public health, you can work in health institutions and earn more pay. You can be a political sociologist. Anything in sociology. So what are u saying?

Back to the Topic: We have Ph.D with pedigree and Ph.D just for fun. Jonathan had the Ph.D for fun and not for continuous research purpose. And in fact, what is re-searchable in the zoo. Are we animals?

Nigeria needs Ph.D holders in sociology with specialization in public governance, public policies, politics, environment, industry, economics and health. Not Ph.D in animals.

OGA you are still saying the same thing aren't you? Since he didn't have his Ph.D in Sociology specializing in public governance, why is he being called names as if that's where he specialized.

Bad radiance to bad rubbish....
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Okudiover(m): 11:14am On Oct 31, 2014
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool Frank talk by an academic. I feel this professor dude because GEJ is from his constituency (University)......then again having a Ph.D in zoology may have informed his (GEJ's) leadership style and quality. I will look for George Orwell's Animal Farm novel because there are similarities to this polity. When you remember GEJ saying "stealing s not corruption" and the Pigs at the Animal Farm saying "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others" you can't help but wonder if Nigeria is not on the brink of self destruction like the animal farm.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by fammy101(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2014
I.T.K .............prof ( mind ur biz)
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2014
Shugakay:
Mind you, that Prof. spoke intelligently,if you listened carefully you will notice that his words were carefully selected and delivered his points accurately. Have you listened to amiable president speak? How intelligent are his words and decisions? Please call a spade a spade, stop being bias/PPM in this. GEJ is a PH.D holder and our President, no doubts but he isn't acting as the masses expected.
You sound intelligent. Shallow minded people would always celebrate mediocrity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by muktarmtt(m): 11:16am On Oct 31, 2014
newguy1:
What d mess does dis yeye professor mean as if he himself is not an enbarassment to to d brilliant minds in nigeria.using style to show is surport to apc. After all oga jona didnot say he got is phd in human relation or governance. Back off dude jona for 2015
u papa will never b a prof so dnt even call any Prof yeye PDP e rat kawai Mtcheew
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by maxit2(m): 11:18am On Oct 31, 2014
JayKaba:
PhD degree is not a certification of intelligence. It only takes the knowledge of an aspect of a singular discipline to obtain a PhD. A PhD holder in Sociology for example would definitely not know how to solve the least Calculus problem. GEJ does not have a PhD in management or "governance" so his PhD degree should not be a subject of reference when trying to castigate his style of leadership.

Bro like it or not. I think you have a PHD in sense of reasoning....

This old dirty professor is one them folks that takes delight in nonsense. The world is not where it is today because of Ph.D holders like himself.
The people who discovered MOST of the basics of science and technology were lab attendants/apprentice.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Mclee: 11:19am On Oct 31, 2014
Ilekokonit:
Jonathan is an Embarrassment to Ph.D Holders - Unilag Professor of Int Law

Start watching at 1min 29secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWbHLgiieeE?t=1m29s

It's all envy. If he wasn't a foolish and very stupid prof., he would know that he is insulting the leader of a supreme country. The so called stupid man is occupying Nigeria's most respected position and is the most popular Nigerian. You are just an academician only know in your university and will probably die in penury. Useless man.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 31, 2014
Everybody taking cheap shots at the president just because the man couldn't care less. The highest office in the land has been brutally subjected to the most mundane forms of insults and abuse, all to no purposeful end. Professor whose only claim to fame is riding on students' a.s.ses now comes here to spew trash. You can criticize the man's style of leadership if you want, his policies et al. But an attack on his person is just malicious and petty especially for a supposed university don. Now who is the disgrace here? Imagine a unilag student coming on tv to attack the professor's personality, your guess on the outcome is as good as mine. Stick to topical issues in your critique my dear 'dounce' and stop trying to score some cheap political points. Your paymaster Tinubu and his cohorts will never smell that office even if GEJ doesnt return. The funny thing is that all these cheap shots are winning him sympathy votes already. I would love to have GEJ square off with a credible candidate in the coming polls, but all that is wishful thinking. The stunning reality on ground is far different from the ideal situation and honestly, I dont see it changing at least for now. If there is one thing I like about this govt it is the fact that power is changing hands from the Jerry Ganas and other old cargos to fresher hands, some inexperienced though but they will learn.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by ademega(m): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2014
In d last few weeks i discovered that people are tired of this our Mr president. Am not saying Jonathan can't win next year election ,he can ,but he will need to do a kind of korokoro eyes rigging .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by mko2005: 11:21am On Oct 31, 2014
pring:
Am so surprised people are supporting this mess called the president.
How can people call a spade the opposite.
Haven't we reached the elastic limit?
granting perdon to ex convicts, no respect for the rule of law, power has becom worse, roads are more dangerous, fuel subsidy froud n farook is still a house member, ndume still in Senate, david mark coming for 5th term in democracy, his wife proven to be fool n stack illiterate yet she makes decisions for the country.
Are we this fools.
damm a country.
Instead of supporting this prof. So that this devils can change. Some people call him names.
Using the money for democratic development to sponsor TAN all over NTA, AIT etc.
Good governance is a visible thing and not on the media.
Can our children be proud of us?
Can we have statue of Jonathan in a any Nigerian city?
People should have a rethink.
If you understand economics you will know that good economic policies sometimes if not all the time can't be seen or felt on a short run basis.
Only two Months ago, Nigeria overtook South Africa as the continent’s largest economy after it overhauled its gross domestic product data for the first time in more than two decades. According to verifiable figures for 2013, released by Nigeria’s statistics bureau, Nigeria’s GDP hit $503bn (£307bn) – nearly double previous estimates and well ahead of South Africa at around $350bn.
This pushed Nigeria up 12 places to become the 24th largest economy in the world – on par with Poland and Belgium and ahead of Argentina, Austria and Iran. This is a huge achievement. For the past two decades, South Africa remained the largest economy in Africa. This development was not achieved overnight . It was a result of the direct dynamic approach of this same ph.d President in terms of greater investment in entrepreneurship and private sector participation.
The anticipated resultant effect of this is the attraction of more foreign investment to Nigeria. It is also a development that would motivate local investors to invest in Nigeria. The Diasporas also have been boosted by this development so in the coming months Nigeria would receive greater local and international attention in terms of investments.

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by pring: 11:21am On Oct 31, 2014
A president that tells us to put our faith in God, pray for our future n belive in luck is a failure.
India, China, Singapore, Japan etc (they dont even believe in jesus. They worship idols n bhuda ) did not pray or hoped in luck or God to be better rather they worked hard, improved thier academic system, tackled corruption.
Here politicians join hands with pastors to wash our brains n loot more money.
use private jets at the expense of the masses.
Lets pray for Nigeria nonsense.
Is high time we woke up.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by maxit2(m): 11:22am On Oct 31, 2014
Lanister:

Your ignorance is chronic and malignant. Only a chronic and malignant deliverance can deliver that. Just to know that you are less of an ambitious person. I am certain youve never been to school or a drop out.

Ph.D sociology can be diversified. In fact, you can have phd sociology in public governance, health, crime, guns, environement, in economics, in mathematics, in any course.

If you have a Phd in Sociology of Health and have a Masters in Public health, you can work in health institutions and earn more pay. You can be a political sociologist. Anything in sociology. So what are u saying?

Back to the Topic: We have Ph.D with pedigree and Ph.D just for fun. Jonathan had the Ph.D for fun and not for continuous research purpose. And in fact, what is re-searchable in the zoo. Are we animals?

Nigeria needs Ph.D holders in sociology with specialization in public governance, public policies, politics, environment, industry, economics and health. Not Ph.D in animals.
Guy you be complete mumu individual. My only hope and prayer is that you die this way.

Someone made one of the nicest and intelligent point on this thread and all you could do to prove your "intelligence" was to visit Dictionary.com lookup some lame words and use it in very unrelated context.
Niggga drop dead please!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by muktarmtt(m): 11:23am On Oct 31, 2014
MudRaker:
And with all your phd you will vote for an ab0ki biggot general
Yeah nd he is better dan anybody in ur village if u have one may b dey on rocks bibig fool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 11:26am On Oct 31, 2014
sadewun:
I pity those abusing the so call freedom of speach in domocracy. Just for one to downgrade one's oponent does not warrant unguided ulterances. The unfortunate thing is that the so call Prof may even be prof in yoruba Education or even religious knowledge and he feels on top of the world hence uttering all form of false optimum political propaganda in order for his party to be credited when they are not characterise political wise. Anyway we are Nigerians and 2015 saga will soon be over and we would know who is who. For this abuse, note that mr. Presidents was a good student when he was in UNIPORT as testified by our lecturers. Hence watch your words.
Make we hear word jo. Mention one military regime, even with their tyranny, that didn't face criticism from some civilians?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by mecusbosco(m): 11:26am On Oct 31, 2014
size38:
GEJ is truly a disgrace to all Ph.d holders in Nigeria. Some of us with Bs.c and PGD are better and can as well do better if given the opportunity like the one given to GEJ

Where did they release this one from? You just open mouth and talk anyhow. "If they give u opportunity" Where will you see the opportunity when you are here gossiping about the No.1 citizen of your country.. Chai! I pity you shaa.

We always think we can do better than the next person. When I was doing my IT in the bank, I used to get angry at the managers eating fat salary while we that get the business get N20k monthly. I always behaved like u saying I can manage this branch and do this managers work so why will he be collecting this kind of amount. But when the responsibilities of managers comes, we run away. "Vicarious Liability"

Mr. Man grow up and find something to do to feed your kids....

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by deletrue: 11:27am On Oct 31, 2014
Omimah:

Akin Oyebode is a fulfilled man, having attained the highest level, professorship, in his career as an academic.
A fulfilled man is a real man not this type who talks like a deviant. He is like those failed apc people whose confussion is on the increase. In fact that prof. is without clear direction arising from frustration due to hardship. A poverty ridden prof. Very skinny person. He should be told that he will not be offerred any appointments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by ooshinibos: 11:30am On Oct 31, 2014
manutdadex:
wtf is dis man Well its not ur fault jst thank ur star dat we re in a civilian dispensation. Una go jst dey abuse Gej as una like forgetting he is ur head. God bless Nigeria. God bless Gej and God bless whoeva bcomes our next presido!!!

Jonathan works for us , the country , so we are free to criticise him ..Jonathan ebele goodluck is not our God , we voted him in and we can vote him out as well

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by omoiseselagba: 11:31am On Oct 31, 2014
eye4eye:
Jonathan has been an embarrassment to Nigeria and Nigerians at large. How can this guy have Ph.D and still does things the way he rules Nigeria? Jonathan embarrasses this country anywhere he goes. Jonathan and PDP are like cancer that we have no choice but to kill that cancer wherever it is found. So this committee convening President must be chase out of power on February 14 at all cost.

Jonathan Must Go!

PDP must be killed and buried!
SIGNED,SEALED AND DELIVERED!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Ilaje44(m): 11:31am On Oct 31, 2014
TheNaijan:
Disgrace to PHD holders?Really? Give him the post and he may screw up like the rest! Anyway, this is not about him...
Even Obama and Clinton had low ratings, they have been called dumb and made un-smart decisions...and yet they went to the [b]best Universities in the world(Ivy league) and graduated with high grades in respectable courses...
Not all smart people are good leaders... And not all PHD holders are generally smart...For example: A PHD holder in English, Igbo, etc may not have lower IQ as a PHD holder in Mathematics... This doesn't make the person with the PHD in Mathematics a good leader either... The person with a PHD or even just a degree in Igbo or Yoruba may be the better leader...
Besides,Good Luck Jonathan was better than Obasanjo and most of Nigeria's old so-called leaders... It's him that raised issue about population control and all that... He is clearly under-performing...but Nigerians should first take a good deep and unbiased look at histroy I'd prefer him to most others...

Hello, did I hear you say Jonathan is better than Obasanjo? Can you please elaborate on how and where Jonathan has surpassed Obasanjo? I don't live in Nigeria, but I have been opportuned to visit Nigeria as time permitts me to. I visited Nigeria during Obasanjo, Yaradua, and Jonathan times, and also comparing the economical indices, I would rate Obasanjo very much above Jonathan. If not for death, Yaradua could have probably best Obasanjo, but definitely not Jonathan.

The thing I hate most about Obasanjo is his unforgiving nature, in that area, well, Jonathan indeed has really beaten him hands down considering how he and his minions have been fighting seen and unseen enemies.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by pring: 11:32am On Oct 31, 2014
mekula:
Everybody taking cheap shots at the president just because the man couldn't care less. The highest office in the land has been brutally subjected to the most mundane forms of insults and abuse, all to no purposeful end. Professor whose only claim to fame is riding on students' a.s.ses now comes here to spew trash. You can criticize the man's style of leadership if you want, his policies et al. But an attack on his person is just malicious and petty especially for a supposed university don. Now who is the disgrace here? Imagine a unilag student coming on tv to attack the professor's personality, your guess on the outcome is as good as mine. Stick to topical issues in your critique my dear 'dounce' and stop trying to score some cheap political points. Your paymaster Tinubu and his cohorts will never smell that office even if GEJ doesnt return. The funny thing is that all these cheap shots are winning him sympathy votes already. I would love to have GEJ square off with a credible candidate in the coming polls, but all that is wishful thinking. The stunning reality on ground is far different from the ideal situation and honestly, I dont see it changing at least for now. If there is one thing I like about this govt it is the fact that power is changing hands from the Jerry Ganas and other old cargos to fresher hands, some inexperienced though but they will learn.
Must everything be about politics. Are u enjoying the present day Nigeria? Is this country progressing? Dragging 3rd position on Polio worst hit countries with Somalia n Pakistan a good record? How is electricity in your neighborhood? How is the road around you? Do u kn Nigerian Unemployment index?
Let call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Akainzo(m): 11:34am On Oct 31, 2014
natureblack:
can't be said any better.

I stand to be corrected,GEJ is the most insulted president in the world.

Might it be connected to him also being the most clueless? Or that he has so much "potential" considering his touted PhD but the output has not shown any indication of a thought process associated with people that have carried out research work that a PhD would have required.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 31, 2014
P.h.d = permanent head damage..

hmmm.

its well
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by foluberry(f): 11:34am On Oct 31, 2014
I don't agree

N.B
Call for delicious and hygienically prepared fruit salad as appetizer and dessert for all occassions.

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by hansad: 11:34am On Oct 31, 2014
eye4eye:
Jonathan has been an embarrassment to Nigeria and Nigerians at large. How can this guy have Ph.D and still does things the way he rules Nigeria? Jonathan embarrasses this country anywhere he goes. Jonathan and PDP are like cancer that we have no choice but to kill that cancer wherever it is found. So this committee convening President must be chase out of power on February 14 at all cost.

Jonathan Must Go!

PDP must be killed and buried!
supporter of APC Yoruba professor spoke, another supporter of APC eyeforeye quickly responded, other supporters of APC did thumb up. Not all groups in Nigeria are cowards that can be easily intimidated and conquered by Mohammedians. Despite the war waged against Jonathan govt by Mohammedians, Jonathan has outperformed his predecessors in office. Face to face with a Havard Professor to discuss a topic in their common field, this supporter of APC Mohammedian professor Oyebode must be stammering.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 31, 2014
mko2005:

I[b]f you understand economics you will know that good economic policies sometimes if not all the time can't be seen or felt on a short run basis.[/b]
Only two Months ago, Nigeria overtook South Africa as the continent’s largest economy after it overhauled its gross domestic product data for the first time in more than two decades. According to verifiable figures for 2013, released by Nigeria’s statistics bureau, Nigeria’s GDP hit $503bn (£307bn) – nearly double previous estimates and well ahead of South Africa at around $350bn.
This pushed Nigeria up 12 places to become the 24th largest economy in the world – on par with Poland and Belgium and ahead of Argentina, Austria and Iran. This is a huge achievement. For the past two decades, South Africa remained the largest economy in Africa. This development was not achieved overnight . It was a result of the direct dynamic approach of this same ph.d President in terms of greater investment in entrepreneurship and private sector participation.
The anticipated resultant effect of this is the attraction of more foreign investment to Nigeria. It is also a development that would motivate local investors to invest in Nigeria. The Diasporas also have been boosted by this development so in the coming months Nigeria would receive greater local and international attention in terms of investments.

God help us

But we are seeing the impact already. Boost in bilateral trades and e-commerce, huge foreign investments going on now, improved and better living conditions, more investment and job opportunities for enterprenuerally minded folks. We still have a long way to go, yes but we are surely moving forward. Power sector needs revamping, corruption is on the increase, hence the need to step up action.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 31, 2014
Beef
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 31, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
Lanister:

. Nice analysis,man.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 11:36am On Oct 31, 2014
deletrue:
A fulfilled man is a real man not this type who talks like a deviant. He is like those failed apc people whose confussion is on the increase. In fact that prof. is without clear direction arising from frustration due to hardship. A poverty ridden prof. Very skinny person. He should be told that he will not be offerred any appointments.
You're too childish to be engaged. Do you know what fulfillment in one's career is? An army officer that gets to the rank of General; a civil servant that reaches Permanent Secretary, a lecturer that becomes a Professor, etc are fulfilled.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by pring: 11:36am On Oct 31, 2014
mekula:
Must everything be about politics. Are u enjoying the present day Nigeria? Is this country progressing? Dragging 3rd position on Polio worst hit countries with Somalia n Pakistan a good record? How is electricity in your neighborhood? How is the road around you? Do u kn Nigerian Unemployment index?
Let call a spade a spade.
At least for a greater Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 31, 2014
pro01:

If you read between the lines of my post, you would have easily discerned that my point isn't about the prof's opinion about how the country is being governed - or about his "indictment" of Jonathan's leadership capabilities. People are free to criticize government figures and policies. Even Obama receives scathing criticism daily from those who are not impressed by his leadership.

My point is SOLELY about Oyebode's disparaging reference to Jonathan's hard-earned PhD as an "embarrassment" to all PhD holders. If you can't see anything wrong with such a nonsensical and senseless assertion, then. . .

pro01:

I used to hold the professor in high esteem many years ago when he often demonstrated deep knowledge of international and constitutional law, and a good grasp of topical issues in the polity. Unfortunately, senility must have set in rather early, and the good old professor has reduced himself to pitiful wantonness in speech, manner, and comportment in recent times.

Reliable sources allege that Professor Oyebode has joined the list of "Yoruba Intelligentsia" who have soiled their hands (and brains) with Bola Tinubu's and the APC's corrupt patronage. The combined effects of early onset senility, elements of tribal prejudice, and the in-flow of easy money from the opposition's coffers have ignited mental degradation and outright degeneracy in this once scholarly, once respectable old academician.

This wanton outburst ridiculing the president's PhD (in the specialist field of Zoology) merely because of Oyebode's SUBJECTIVE evaluation of the president's leadership is a shameful indictment of Oyebode's mental state. He has just shown himself to be a disgrace to professorship worldwide.

Why are you contradicting yourself? undecided
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2014
There is a mad man who lives where I live he has PhD but he is senseless human is it because GEJ is d president make e go sit down for bush abeg leave GEJ alone

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) / Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust / SARS Headquarters On Lockdown After Arrest Of Sacked DSS Boss In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.