Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now (85234 Views)

Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Why Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Wife Anita Divorced The Christ Embassy Pastor / Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by PStacks(m): 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
AdeniyiA:
in as much as you have some valid points concerning the disintegration of the head church after the death of the GOs,
did you ever ask if God is through with him? if not that some churches have gone commercial, the position of an overseer is not like that of politics ,where the outgoing office holder can choose his successor. This is strictly God's business
I believe that since the church was handed over to him nd has since being waxing strong,it would surely wax stronger when Adeboye is gone .God owns redeem not Adeboye

Does God really have a business?
Or do men just call their business God's business and extort other men, get rich at their expense because they are gullible?
Maybe its God's business run by man and for man!
Who take's God's Profit?
Some churches makes more money than Commercial banks, maybe Banks too are God's business.

I wish Nigeria Goodluck sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Orikinla(m): 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
OP, you're ignorant of the foundation of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).
The church belongs to God and not Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye and so only God will choose the next GO and not Pastor Adeboye. And no amount of posing and posturing by assistants to the GO can change this fact.

Happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by S3un(m): 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nursy:
Y d 2? Ecwa members don't like the catholic church.

To d topic: Op u wan make the man die ne?

ummm..actually, I some times don't like some Catholic activities BT all d same..let's say am different
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Bluffly: 4:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

Okay sir,

I hope I can do this but not now. I'm typing from my phone. Maybe later, hopefully. But, look up the word "bewitched" in the Greek and see for yourself.
I can't seen to correlate. But you can always reply at your comfort
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Opsygirl(f): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
God knows the best
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Godsate: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
God that appointed him after the death of the founder and sidelined those that were desperate for the position is on the throne. The same God know how to handle it. God know the end before the beginning. God owned RCCG. My prayers is for the elders to follow the will of God. Once the elders obey the will of God, all other thing will fall on place and God will backup the GO.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Etianwanokon: 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
SUCCESSION SHOULD COME FROM GOD. THE CHOOSEN ONE WILL BE FROM GOD AND NOT ADEBOYE.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Chibokgame: 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
Well inasmuch as it's your sole opinion.
1)
I also believe that there are somethings you don't know as s stranger in another man's house.
2)
That spiritual and sacred matters are not discussed at the dinning table.
3).
But for your information to dispersed your fears.
The position of Pastor Adeboye'S successor has since been revealed.

And it is sacredly in record but known to some sacred people, buy let me tell you that even the man in record has not been informed but he is on the watch til the due and appointed time.
You can only pray for him if you are so concern.

It's well with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by miketayo(m): 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Melahou:
What can you say about the catholic church in the event of the death of the pope?

the pope is not the founder of catholic church. Jesus is so if the pope dies another cardinal steps up dere
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by IYANGBALI: 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
Godsate:
God that appointed him after the death of the founder and sidelined those that were desperate for the position is on the throne. The same God know how to handle it. God know the end before the beginning. God owned RCCG. My prayers if for the elders to follow the will of God. Once the elders obey the will of God, all other thing will fall on place and God will backup the GO.
that time people eye never open,how much was redeemed church worth dat time compare to this day?how many parishes den?you guys should just go and get ready for the royal rumble dat will happen after daddy g o,s demise.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Ayatullah(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
DEATH WILL DO IT
Adeboye will not hand over.............only death will take the vast wealth of the church away from him, then we shall witness the Naira Struggle within the Church. It will be a big battle.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by nikky5(m): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
Pls spare me this time. Why has pastor Adeboye become a controversial issue on NL? Did he own RCCG? Was the church not handed over to him by God? Will God leave His church to disintegrate when daddy goes home or have you become God's surrogate? God owns the church and not Adeboye. Pls leave God to do His thing as it pleases Him.You salvation is God's concern and not Adeboye. He is saved. Are you>

3 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Boss13: 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
This topic might sound irrelevant today but it's an inevitable situation that cannot be avoided. For now, let assume that the RCCG hierarchy do have a succession business plan just like every organization and this plan will be effected when the General Oveseer pass away. However, there might be a risk of disorganization and such risk must be factored in. I will also want to assume that the general overseer must have started communicating to the board of trustees in RCCG who his successor is else the dispute that will materialize will be a huge embarrassment for the organization.

I also want to draw the attention of those citing God owing RCCG, please quit such utterances. We have told too much lies about this God that the earth centre is boiling. RCCG is a man made organization established by man, with the presumed view of preaching the gospel.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by farem: 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Goshen360:

If that's the case, why do you argue with someone who was so much with rccg and almost ordained as deacon? In your opinion, you think you know rccg more than such person? I know what I'm saying baby. Don't worry, we're cool. grin
What does the bolded trash mean? There are a lot more people who are not 'ordained' and are more versed than your so-called 'almost ordained' or ordained. There are many empty 'ordained' bible-wise and RCCG admin-wise. Talk another thing
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by nora544: 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
Adeboye will give the church to one of his sons, because business will always stay in the family

So why it should be that he search for a new head.

RCCG is no church it is a business because when it is a real church he will not take the money from the poor and enrich himself.

He is the best how he make it.

I know the real story how he got the church and not the fake story he teach about God sorry he is a God of man and no real Man of God because who is a real christian and know the situation in nigeria will speak against the goverment to help the people not working together with the president.

Adeboye is the CEO of the RCCG churchcompany so the next CEO will be one of his sons.

3 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Boss13: 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
nikky5:
Pls spare me this time. Why has pastor Adeboye become a controversial issue on NL? Did he own RCCG? Was the church not handed over to him by God? Will God leave His church to disintegrate when daddy goes home or have you become God's surrogate? God owns the church and not Adeboye. Pls leave God to do His thing as it pleases Him.You salvation is God's concern and not Adeboye. He is saved. Are you>

God is not a man, please stop referring to it as him. Likewise, God does not own RCCG. The organization should be owned by its members, that is if your are one, and managed by board of trustee headed by Rev. Adeboye. However, I think the reverse is the case, churches here in Nigeria are owned by board of trustees, which at most times is just a single man who controls the affairs of the organization and does not carry the members along. Often times, they confuse members by claiming it is owned by God or they are ordained by God.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by lomprico(m): 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Melahou:
What can you say about the catholic church in the event of the death of the pope?
We are discussing rccg here not d catholic church!
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

But Pastor Adeboye already made the church, RCCG a political church. Ask me how & I'll tell you.
HOW?
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by doffman: 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by helphelp: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
So what if im put person and im and the person come kpai same day nko..

Just saying

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by adekennis(m): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
laplace12:

Bro, where You read this news from?
From church members
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Godsate: 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
IYANGBALI:
that time people eye never open,how much was redeemed church worth dat time compare to this day?how many parishes den?you guys should just go and get ready for the royal rumble dat will happen after daddy g o,s demise.
Some people also challenged the emergence of Pastor Adeboye when he was announced as the GO then. But God gave signs to let people know that He was the one that appointed him and backed him up. God will surely back up the next GO and silence anyone or group that want to challenge the plan of God for His church. Like I said, my prayer is for the elders to comply with the will of God and do what God is going to tell them to do. Jesus is Lord.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by cautious: 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

Listen, I don't just argue without knowing what I'm saying. I'm too big for that. I know RCCG more than you can imagine. I used to be a member but no more.

The question is, If I, like Paul goes to a place to preach and my home church is in Jerusalem and I collect donation from where I am preaching to give to my home church, Jerusalem.

Does that = to that church where I'm preaching remitting their revenues to me or to Jerusalem?

You are right sir! Paul held the churches accountable to their doctrines, not their money. Preach Christ, he told them but he didn't set up a structure to control their money. Where that is practiced today, it is out of apostolic order.
Yes, Paul raised offerings for the Judean Christians due to a crisis situation they had and took the money back to Jerusalem from gentile churches but he didn't institute a scheme to collect funds from the churches. They gave to him as they purposed in their hearts. No compulsion, no 10% mandatory collection etc. Just freewill donations

3 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by wengerjay(m): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
No room for second term?
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Lancier(m): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
Do you know Insurance is the modern day creator and protector of wealth?

We at InsuranceDirect2U in association with STACO Insurance Plc can provide you with world class insurance services to safeguard you in Nigeria's challenging environment.

Our Services:
Motor Insurance,Fire and Special Perils Insurance,Goods In Transit,Personal Protection Plan,Burglary Insurance,Home Insurance,Personal Accident Insurance,Building Insurance,Workmen Compensation,Marine & Aviation Insurance,Engineering & Construction Insurance,Oil & Gas Insurance etc.

Our rates and premiums are quite competitive and affordable. We also offer we flexible payment plans and advisory services.

For inquiries, call LANCIER on 08033054437 or ping me. BB Pin: 32522912. You can also email me on lancier224@yahoo.com.

INSURE WITH US TODAY to safeguard against the unforeseen.

InsuranceDirect2U...Quality Insurance Services Guaranteed.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by wellmax(m): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
cramjones:

Congolese and Nigerian refugees are different. The link does not show any picture I posted. For your information, those pictures are from your beloved Nigeria that have been ravaged by Boko Haram, while an incompetent president lingers on!

-CramJones

Now you are beginning to annoy me. I say the second pic you posted was for Congolese refugees not Nigerians. Deny this again, and I'll conclude you are as daft as your president.

refugeeresettlementwatch./2013/03/02/shall-we-call-lexington-ky-little-congo/

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Sabado(m): 5:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
How will this change the price of Garri in Ogbomoso...?
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by mployer(m): 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
Chibokgame:
Well inasmuch as it's your sole opinion.
1)
I also believe that there are somethings you don't know as s stranger in another man's house.
2)
That spiritual and sacred matters are not discussed at the dinning table.
3).
But for your information to dispersed your fears.
The position of Pastor Adeboye'S successor has since been revealed.

And it is sacredly in record but known to some sacred people, buy let me tell you that even the man in record has not been informed but he is on the watch til the due and appointed time.
You can only pray for him if you are so concern.

It's well with you.

Bro where did You get This info?

somebody said the succesor dey beer parlour the drink as of now, is that part of the gist?
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by wellmax(m): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Do I Wake Up With Mysterious Marks On My Body? / Cameroonian Pastor Caught Having Three-some With 2 Married Women, Paraded Unclad / 8 Signs You Are Under A Powerful Love Spell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.