Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Is There Any Real Atheist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Real Atheist? (2453 Views)

No Real Atheist In Nigeria / Christians, Is There Any Real Theological Base For Polygamy? / Do You Know The Names Of Any Real Men Of God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by honourhim: 9:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
Idrismusty97:
When theist says "Atheists hate god" they are literary saying "Let's dodge an argument we know we can't win by accusing them of having an emotional reaction to God instead of a rational criticism of us." cheesy

The issue about God is not one of who wins argument or not. I dont even need to argue God with anybody. My own is to preach the gospel to you. whether you believe it or not is entirely your business. The whole thing is like a race. If you are on the right track you will be happy you did at the end of the day and if you are on the wrong track, you also face whatever consequences at the end of the day.
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by michaelwestern(m): 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
onetrack:

I have never believed.

Then i dont really think my post was directed to you.

have a nice week.
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by onetrack(m): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
michaelwestern:

Then i dont really think my post was directed to you.

have a nice week.

Well, it was directed at atheists, so I responded. No big deal.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by onetrack(m): 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
ultraGM:

What! You just skipped my question unanswered
Its like I have your balls in my hand

Where did you address me?
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by plaetton: 9:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
michaelwestern:

This is exactly my point.

Must God do good everytime for him to exist?

If God decides to allow the so called pilgrims die, does that stop him from being God?

Must God answer prayers everytime for him to be God?

however, there are steps to follow to receive things from God.

Huh?
The point is that you believe that he answers prayers, protects and guards. Don't you?
Our point is that is that prayer is a form of self-service for believers.
There is no god, and deep inside your mind , you fear that, that is why you pray fervently.

Steps to follow to receive from god?
Bullshyt.
I assume that those 115 lucky(?) victims followed steps too to RECEIVE mortar, concrete and iron from god on Sept 14th, huh?

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by abdulaz: 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

The morning star was never created. In the beginning, there were Gods.
the world was created by MANY GODS. The God people are claiming to be worshipping doesn't own the world alone, which means different forces control this very world.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by honourhim: 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
michaelwestern:

This is exactly my point.

Must God do good everytime for him to exist?

If God decides to allow the so called pilgrims die, does that stop him from being God?

Must God answer prayers everytime for him to be God?

however, there are steps to follow to receive things from God.

You are right bro.

Whether my father/mother is good or bad, he/she is still my father/mother and i still love him/her. It is not his/her goodness or "badness" that determines whether he is my father/mother or not. My father may be a bad person in the eyes of some folks out there, but to us his children, he is a wonderful dad, a great dad.

Likewise, whether God is good or bad in the eyes of someone out there, he is still my heavenly father my God, my life and my all. A good and great God and I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
michaelwestern:

What definition of God did you read in the bible?

in the old testament God was good to the righteous and judgemental to the wicked and their generations.

There are many ways i can explain the presence of evil in the world but thatz not why i opened this thread.

My point is that how does God being good or not disprove the existence of God.

How does Superman or spiderman being good or not disprove their existence? The same can be said of all fictional characters! Who cares if your imaginary skydaddy is good or not. That is just one of many basis for disproving the existence of a "god". Like someone said "When we use the many shortcomings and contradictions of your god in our arguments, we are simply pointing out and mocking the absurdity of your beliefs." I will also leave you with this quote;
" 'You can't judge God by the same standards as man'. In that case, why is it that I keep getting told that God is good? Are there two meanings of the word 'good', one of which forbids murder, deliberate starvation, infecting people with disease, and so on, and another which allows these things? I suggest that there is already a word for the second meaning. That word is 'evil '. If you think that it's OK to worship an evil god, that's your business, but you can't expect me to do the same." — Tim Maroney.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by Weah96: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
honourhim:

The issue about God is not one of who wins argument or not. I dont even need to argue God with anybody. My own is to preach the gospel to you. whether you believe it or not is entirely your business. The whole thing is like a race. If you are on the right track you will be happy you did at the end of the day and if you are on the wrong track, you also face whatever consequences at the end of the day.

Arrogance and pride. Now you know what happens when people die? Are you a native doctor?

Hahaha.

You're ruining any chance of a conversation by claiming to know everything, having read it in a book that we too have read.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by honourhim: 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Weah96:

Arrogance and pride. Now you know what happens when people die? Are you a native doctor?

Hahaha.

You're ruining any chance of a conversation by claiming to know everything, having read it in a book that we too have read.

You ve only spoken within the limit of your knowledge so i dont expect you to speak beyond what you know. My personal experiences are not up for debate because your words cannot invalidate those experiences in my life so i ve got no time to waste on irrelevances. Thanks.
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by plaetton: 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
honourhim:

You ve only spoken within the limit of your knowledge so i dont expect you to speak beyond what you know. My personal experiences are not up for debate because your words cannot invalidate those experiences in my life so i ve got no time to waste on irrelevances. Thanks.
I am always happy when a Christian mentions personal experiences that cannot be validated by anyone else as their reason to believe in god.

But I am always surprised when they deny that god is created and exists in their minds.

Holding contradictory opinions or viewpoints = cognitive dissonance.

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by honourhim: 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
plaetton:

I am always happy when a Christian mentions personal experiences that cannot be validated by anyone else as their reason to believe in god.

But I am always surprised when they deny that god is created and exists in their minds.

Holding contradictory opinions or viewpoints = cognitive dissonance.

This does not describe my stand with God. Believe what you like.
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by AgentOfAllah: 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
Yes of course! All atheists are fake atheist wannabes, who are merely expressing religious bigotry in the religion of blasphemism.

OP I hope this well established fact about atheists helps you sleep well at night...lol

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by Weah96: 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
honourhim:

So your gospel is empty, huh? It crumbles upon closer scrutiny.
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by honourhim: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
Weah96:

So your gospel is empty, huh? It crumbles upon closer scrutiny.

Your opinion. It doesn't change anything. Thanks.
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by ojimbo(m): 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
i may one day become a full developed atheist. But for now, am a proud agnostic,
i will rather die than to believe in religion

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by honourhim: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
ojimbo:
i may one day become a full developed atheist. But for now, am a proud agnostic,

Its like you choose your belief based on what you see others do or based on your likes and dislikes. No be like that o bros.
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by michaelwestern(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
ojimbo:

why?
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by michaelwestern(m): 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
AgentOfAllah:
Yes of course! All atheists are fake atheist wannabes, who are merely expressing religious bigotry in the religion of blasphemism
did you read OP

[/quote]OP I hope this well established fact about atheists helps you sleep well at night...lol[/quote]
i never made a general assumption about atheists.
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by Weah96: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
honourhim:

Your opinion. It doesn't change anything. Thanks.

Not mine, but yours. You're the one trying to prevent your precious gospel from being scrutinized.
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by AgentOfAllah: 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
michaelwestern:

did you read OP
Yes

i never made a general assumption about atheists.
Yes you did. Read what you wrote again:

It seems that most atheist on nairaland believe in God but they think he's a wicked God
Re: Is There Any Real Atheist? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
michaelwestern:
It seems that most atheist on nairaland believe in God but they think he's a wicked God.

when trying to disprove the existence of God, their arguments will always be that why will a good God allow evil?

God is omnipotent and sovereign so whether he decides to do good or evil does not disprove His existence.

So for the so called atheists who are really just angry at God;

worry about yourselves first. before considering how a good God can send people to eternal damnation in hell, first consider if you are willing to burn eternally because of your incomplete knowledge about God.

know that God has the power to do whatever he likes whether good or evil, you cant dictate to God how you want Him to behave.

God has the power to send you to hell permanently irrespective of whether He's a good or bad God. So like i said earlier, worry about yourself.

When will you learn to write about so many things that are better than your god? Life is too beautiful to waste on an imaginary god.

Just like you said,lets worry about ourselves rather that worry about hell fire/horror tales. Why is it that anything associated with your god is blackmail and negative?

What ever power your god possess should be channeled into making the planet a better place,otherwise it is of no use to us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am An Igbo, I Am A Jew : Remy Ilona(Photo) / Apostle Suleiman: The Beginning Of The Fall Of Christianity / Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.