Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants (1090112 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants Call 07037300634 / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources {fupre} 2015/16 Applicants / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by benstuber(m): 2:43am On Jan 11, 2015
UI has won d battle for 2014 but not the war,,I cnt belive I would remain at home afta scoring 69 in pume,my junior brother nw wld be leavin home soon while I remain here jonzing,its my fault sha...no problem,I swear,I must gain that scholarship this year even if it means taking morphine to read..**to pple who fell behind in 2014,RUN FASTER,dnt surrender,dnt be afraid,,,Everybody should read harder,beat the newcomers with ur experience..

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ogunsinamayowa(m): 7:07am On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:

Didn't see your reply o

k. i dont know what happened to d email. it longer log in......... i will send you another mail through different email. and for ur question: i dont have credit but d7. i dont think it's that serious becus i have chosen it as part of my jamb combo...... whats ur take?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ogunsinamayowa(m): 7:16am On Jan 11, 2015
benstuber:
UI has won d battle for 2014 but not the war,,I cnt belive I would remain at home afta scoring 69 in pume,my junior brother nw wld be leavin home soon while I remain here jonzing,its my fault sha...no problem,I swear,I must gain that scholarship this year even if it means taking morphine to read..**to pple who fell behind in 2014,RUN FASTER,dnt surrender,dnt be afraid,,,Everybody should read harder,beat the newcomers with ur experience..

what course did u chose last year? and why cant u change ur course when u got ur mark. 69 no be small mark O
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by benstuber(m): 7:24am On Jan 11, 2015
ogunsinamayowa:

what course did u chose last year? and why cant u change ur course when u got ur mark. 69 no be small mark O
medicine,I did change but nothing show,I cnt blame UI cos I knw wer the problem came from.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 11, 2015
Dopeyomi:

Same here bRo.. Might opt in for Direct entry later nd I might just proceed with HND.. No time bRo!
Fembleez1:

Yap bro,for now it is UI until jamb exam,anything might happen after jamb,only God knows the future sad
Alright.

UI has taught me vital life experience- that I should be 'content' of whatever comes way.
If I had accepted their admission in 2013, and still sought for another course in 2014, I will not be here today.
Lol! I rejected, and was feeling too big.

I can relate this scenario with people gunning for job after graduating; they should accept whatever is in stock for them no-matter how infinitesimal the salary could be.
Success is about winning and winning not using a stone to kill two birds, though some lucky ones do. smiley

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by quivah(f): 8:49am On Jan 11, 2015
horpeyemmi66:

Lady the thing is this, our test was normal(they examined us based on what they taught us), but the exam was something else entirely; we were examined on few things they taught and the things they didn't. Take for example a day or two to the Final exams a Biology Lecturer was still teaching us things( Phylum Pterigota and Apterigota: Winged and Wingless insects) he knows would not even appear in the 70 questions they would set. Putting asides the fact of how Voluminous LAUTECH's syllabus and also juggling it with the UTME.

...I wouldn't have written the PUTME if not for the SMS gotten from them prompting us to register. I just went ahead to write it to fufill righteousness . My dear sister you and I know there are a lot of illogicalities, 316, 332, 323 all in Medicine, lets leave out people who got there by their toils and swots. There is this friend of mine who had 345 going for MedLab and was whisked to Biology, he even had more than some of this "Medicine people".
I am not against the guys who hit 400, 390...are they not supposed to select from the highest to the lowest?

How many times have you heared a Medical Student(Nursing, MedLab, Med/Surg, albeit some of them are supposed to be there) of LAUTECH wining a prize, getting this scholarship or that?

Its because they are fans of "GIGO", churning mediocrity. If you see any 2012/2013 PDS student confront them with my calumny.

Concerning the PUTME score, last I checked I wasn't informed PUTME would be a criteria for admission via Pre-degree for crying out loud, it was extortion and crowd control. They have a space of 5,000max per new academic year, they've admitted close to 9,000; SMH.

I was at the Students affairs building to complain, and all they could tell me is "go and study Medicine in your father's state, catchment area disqualified you" Weird abi? . If Ondo State had Medicine, I would have longed gone.
Heb 4:16 "Therefore let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our times of need." (Weymouth New Testament)
1. you are funny! predegree no be ssce o.. you don't just expect only what you are taught.. that's why you need past questionsundecided
as for a lecturer teaching you stuffs he knew he won't set! c'mon! you are not in lautech just to pass an exam! you need to acquire knowledge . And mind you, there are examination officers who set questions.. not all lecturers drop questions .. especially those junior lecturers! they give room for their senior ones! so don't blame him.
he's concerned with impacting knowledge not just for the sake of passing an exam.

2. mls and MBBS need high scores ..I'm telling you! those that entered with 320+ know person.. and during my time, putme was advisable cause you can be given double admissions. so you get to pick the one you want. putme wasn't a criterion ... I still know many who didn't do it and were given admissions! you got scared I guess! but its all in the past now aite?

3. lol students' affairs? for what? for the school's admission! nah!

4. that's lautech for you! they dont follow quota
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damitism: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2015
@francistony You rejected what? Na u ooo!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by quivah(f): 8:53am On Jan 11, 2015
@yemmi .. the school used me and some of my friends do wayo too. but we later got to know the system. unlike other schools, who give out a particular cut off mark for a Dept.. lautech doesn't do that .. you just aim high and hope for it esp in courses like MBBS/mls. cause you really can't know if you met their requirement.. except you want use leg

like I said you've been given another chance to pick another UNI
. ..

as far as I'm concerned, its just like every other state uni..aside the cut off mark issue!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 11, 2015
Damitism:
@francistony You rejected what? Na u ooo!
tongue I didn't do C.O.C after beating Geology cutoff mark and had wrong jamb combination.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Tundeajani(m): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2015
quivah:
@yemmi .. the school used me and some of my friends do wayo too. but we later got to know the system. unlike other schools, who give out a particular cut off mark for a Dept.. lautech doesn't do that .. you just aim high and hope for it esp in courses like MBBS/mls. cause you really can't know if you met their requirement.. except you want use leg

like I said you've been given another chance to pick another UNI
. ..

as far as I'm concerned, its just like every other state uni..aside the cut off mark issue!
are you gunning for ui now?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by quivah(f): 9:13am On Jan 11, 2015
Tundeajani:
are you gunning for ui now?
you wan see old mama for 100l tongue
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Tundeajani(m): 9:15am On Jan 11, 2015
quivah:

you wan see old mama for 100l tongue
you young sisi,,,,,
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Tundeajani(m): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2015
quivah:

na the course wey I dey run comot from na hin another person wan put head hang!

dude! from pharmacy to microbiology don't dare settle for less. I'm not saying mcb is the less but the gap is freaking much.. because you can't have Genevieve, you decided to settle for eniola badmus

biochemistry is okk and pick UI! lasu tuition increment is certain in the future! is it your vegetable business you will use to pay 250+ tuition or better choose lautech thensmileysmiley

read and study hard with huge determination!, you can still go for pharmacy... don't kill your dream because your olodonessundecided UI no talk say them no go fit give you pharmacy.

you know I lav uwink
i have this strong feeling lasu fees wil be back to 350k after apc wins in lagos state.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 9:43am On Jan 11, 2015
quivah:

1. you are funny! predegree no be ssce o.. you don't just expect only what you are taught.. that's why you need past questionsundecided
as for a lecturer teaching you stuffs he knew he won't set! c'mon! you are not in lautech just to pass an exam! you need to acquire knowledge . And mind you, there are examination officers who set questions.. not all lecturers drop questions .. especially those junior lecturers! they give room for their senior ones! so don't blame him.
he's concerned with impacting knowledge not just for the sake of passing an exam.

2. mls and MBBS need high scores ..I'm telling you! those that entered with 320+ know person.. and during my time, putme was advisable cause you can be given double admissions. so you get to pick the one you want. putme wasn't a criterion ... I still know many who didn't do it and were given admissions! you got scared I guess! but its all in the past now aite?

3. lol students' affairs? for what? for the school's admission! nah!

4. that's lautech for you! they dont follow quota

...I've learn't some indelible lessons nevertheless. At least I know I had an A in LAUTECH's PDS when converted to percentage. They can continue their "GIGO" nah them palava.

#greatest omo Ibadan!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ogunsinamayowa(m): 10:17am On Jan 11, 2015
benstuber:
medicine,I did change but nothing show,I cnt blame UI cos I knw wer the problem came from.

'k. where is the problem came from?..... is it possible to change course immediately after d release of post utme? I mean before ui release their merit list. and when did u change ur course? is it after ui released their first batch? please I need ur response.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by benstuber(m): 10:44am On Jan 11, 2015
ogunsinamayowa:

'k. where is the problem came from?..... is it possible to change course immediately after d release of post utme? I mean before ui release their merit list. and when did u change ur course? is it after ui released their first batch? please I need ur response.
u wld be able to change ur course immediately d cutoff mark for each course is out,u can change to ur desired course provided u meet up wit d requirements,,note that it doesn't guarantee admission as it did in my case...as for my problem, its personal.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Fembleez1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
ogunsinamayowa:

k. i dont know what happened to d email. it longer log in......... i will send you another mail through different email. and for ur question: i dont have credit but d7. i dont think it's that serious becus i have chosen it as part of my jamb combo...... whats ur take?

I don't realy understand your answer but send a message to my second email adefemi.george@yahoo.com
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Fembleez1(m): 2:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hi guys. Kinwayne was nominated, 'Best New Comer' in literature section for this month, kindly click on this link
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014
to vote him if you feel he is the 'Best New comer'.

I Would be humbled and highly appreciative to see your votes. Thanx and God bless.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Saintbado(m): 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
hi guys, just found dis thread and I tot it will be useful to me. I am aspiring for physiotherapy pls keep me updated .
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by owoh00(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
Owoh joshua.

Study in the PHILIPPINES, cheap and affordable in whatever course you are pursuing. NO JAMB, NO POST UME IS REQUIRED, just only your WAEC, NECO OR GCE IS required, contact me on my cell if you are interested +639153876180
Master, BSc and PhD is available in any course of your choice, I will direct you to meet with my elder sister at ABUJA for trust worthy sake.
Philippines embassy is one of the easiest in the world, and your visa is 90% guaranteed when applied for.

A GOOD ADVICE FOR ALL. Please........ Malaysia is no longer the best place for Nigerians to study, because of the high rate of racial discrimination, and killing of Nigerian students for the misconduct of other Nigerians whose business is drug and Internet fraud.

Even if you are not interested in going to study in Philippines. Please just don't go to Malaysia..!!!!! Unlest you have a different agenda.

I know many of you will be asking is Philippines safe for study? I will ask you too, Is the camp of bokoharam safe to leave in? THE ANSWER TO THE BOTH QUESTION DEPENDS IN THE REGION OF THE COUNTRY ARE STAYING.

I will make sure you are STUDYING in a city not prone to floording nor earthquake.

But if you have the money for first word countries then you will need to write ILET, SAT OR TOEFL, but that is out of my reach, I can't assist anyone on that.

If you will have to pay $ 30,000 per sem in med school in USA. Philippines is not more than $4k. and lesser for none medical courses

Philippines have a good and affordable education, but America and UK have the best. And the question is, can your parents afford it??
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
Tundeajani:
i have this strong feeling lasu fees wil be back to 350k after apc wins in lagos state.
Lol. Do you think 350k is exorbitant. undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Tundeajani(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

Lol. Do you think 350k is exorbitant. undecided
tony omo baba olowo,,,na u ooooo
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by braivheart: 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
Admission seekers you might find this helpful http://modeducation.info/fair2015/index.php?ref=MOD14241273
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Vcojuro: 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
Pls what is the quota u.I admitts for its medicine and
surgery programme. Is admission based on merit.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by taiocol: 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
Im@gine TAIOCOL posting here again embarassed
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 12, 2015
Vcojuro:
Pls what is the quota u.I admitts for its medicine and
surgery programme. Is admission based on merit

Of course, admission is on merit.
Why would you even ask that

The quota is up to a hundred, maybe 110+ tops.
I think.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ogunsinamayowa(m): 7:20am On Jan 12, 2015
Fembleez1:

I don't realy understand your answer but send a message to my second email adefemi.george@yahoo.com

alright. i mean, i have d7 in crs. u can add me on whatsapp: 070*******
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by SegunFlames(m): 7:43am On Jan 12, 2015
taiocol:
Im@gine TAIOCOL posting here again embarassed

are u writing
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by taiocol: 8:41am On Jan 12, 2015
SegunFlames:

are u writing

Yes
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by SegunFlames(m): 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
taiocol:

Yes

Best of luck man.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by taiocol: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
SegunFlames:

Best of luck man.

Still contemplating on which school, 260 above I switch to university of Port Harcourt while 200 to 259 I stick to my UI.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (617) (Reply)

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.