Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? (2967 Views)

IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? / Truth or Fabrication : Resurrected Saints From Tombs In Matthew 27:52 / Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by Oluwalala(m): 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
The pastor his opinion
The Imam his belief
The priest his doctrine
The flock their prey

If heaven could judge us
Just for a moment
Let earth give account
I tell you, none of us will stand

We don't know what is true anymore
We don't know who to believe
They all interpret God in their ways
Is religion an exaggerated Truth or
A well packaged lie?

1 Like

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by urcutecrush(f): 2:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
A well packaged lie

3 Likes

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by Oluwalala(m): 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
urcutecrush:
A well packaged lie

How so?
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by urcutecrush(f): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
Oluwalala:

How so?
Google is your friend
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by Infomizer(m): 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
urcutecrush:
A well packaged lie

Sure it's well packaged?
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
Oluwalala:

How so?

Well, no religious truth has ever actually been proven to be true.

1 Like

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
Oluwalala:

How so?

And they have all had a long time to do so.

1 Like

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
urcutecrush:
A well packaged lie
the only like is believing that life can be explained without reference to a God.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:

Life being created is based on the repeated evidence of people designing coded systems.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:
Life being created is based on the repeated evidence of people designing coded systems.

That is not true.
That is an example of a religious truth that has been overwhelmingly found to be false and discarded by enlightened humanity.

We have walked this kindergarten path too many times , and it's not worth repeating .

First, your logic is self-contradicting because a creator also has to have been designed and created. Not so?
When you say that your phantom creator is uncreated, self-existent and blah blah, I don't know how you can live with the contradiction that stares you in face.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:

That is not true.
That is an example of a religious truth that has been overwhelmingly found to be false and discarded by enlightened humanity.

We have walked this kindergarten path too many times , and it's not worth repeating .

First, your logic is self-contradicting because a creator also has to have been designed and created. Not so?
When you say that your phantom creator is uncreated, self-existent and blah blah, I don't know how you can live with the contradiction that stares you in face.
The creator doesn't have to be designed and I must say that
It's worth repeating because the logic is lost on you. Life demands a creator.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:

The creator doesn't have to be designed and I must say that
It's worth repeating because the logic is lost on you. Life demands a creator.

Just listen to yourself.
" life demands a creator, but a creator doesn't need to be created ". shocked sad
Two propositions, but but different rules.

I really feel embarrassed when I read things like this.

undecided
Please I am tired of these , ehhm ,, ehhm...
I don't even know what to call it anymore.
Just stop embarrassing whatever it is you represent.

Lets not derail this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:

Just listen to yourself.
" life demands a creator, but a creator doesn't need to be created ". shocked sad
Two propositions, but but different rules.

I really feel embarrassed when I read things like this.

undecided
Please I am tired of these , ehhm ,, ehhm...
I don't even know what to call it anymore.
Just stop embarrassing whatever it is you represent.

Lets not derail this thread.

If u were truly tired of these things you wouldn't have responded to me. Look at you all your argument is is nothing going but attempts to make me feel silly while presenting nothing. Living things create coded systems and life needs an explanation, hence a creator God. You have failed to show that this is untrue.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by urcutecrush(f): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Infomizer:

Sure it's well packaged?
I won't say xo but wen ppl are dying for it.
What should we call it......
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:

If u were truly tired of these things you wouldn't have responded to me. Look at you all your argument is is nothing going but attempts to make me feel silly while presenting nothing. Living things create coded systems and life needs an explanation, hence a creator God. You have failed to show that this is untrue.

Of course, life needs an explanation, a careful ,patient and methodical study. Not wishful thinking to satisfy our primitive egos or fears.

Again, listen to yourself, " life needs an explanation, hence a creator". shocked
Can't you see how infantile this logic sounds?

I mean, honestly, by this silly logic, we can also say that thunder and lightening needed an explanation, hence an angry god.
Would this be right sir?

Or,
Someone has been eating my cookies, hence it must be the cookie monster.

Do you endorse that statement?, because it sounds very much like yours. undecided

Where would you draw the line and stop with this juvenile and primitive mode of reasoning?

Isn't it better to start with uncertainty and then gradually learn your way to the certainties of existence , rather than starting with primitive certainties and then acting like a rabbit in a cage when your certainties begin to crumble with doubts?

7 Likes

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by Oluwalala(m): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
I jus think somwhere along the line- we all got it wrong
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by Infomizer(m): 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
urcutecrush:

I won't say xo but wen ppl are dying for it.
What should we call it......
Hate the player, don't hate the game...grin
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:

Of course, life needs an explanation, a careful ,patient and methodical study. Not wishful thinking to satisfy our primitive egos or fears.

Again, listen to yourself, " life needs an explanation, hence a creator". shocked
Can't you see how infantile this logic sounds?

I mean, honestly, by this silly logic, we can also say that thunder and lightening needed an explanation, hence an angry god.
Would this be right sir?

Or,
Someone has been eating my cookies, hence it must be the cookie monster.

Do you endorse that statement?, because it sounds very much like yours. undecided

Where would you draw the line and stop with this juvenile and primitive mode of reasoning?

Isn't it better to start with uncertainty and then gradually learn your way to the certainties of existence , rather than starting with primitive certainties and then acting like a rabbit in a cage when your certainties begin to crumble with doubts?

You don't read well. I pointed out that living things create coded systems and that hence life demands a creator since we know that living things are coded systems. You made an earlier straw man of my argument and tackled that.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
Oluwalala:
I jus think somwhere along the line- we all got it wrong
There is one irredeemable fact in all the mess: there is a God.

1 Like

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:

You don't read well. I pointed out that living things create coded systems and that hence life demands a creator since we know that living things are coded systems. You made an earlier straw man of my argument and tackled that.
Same analogies.
Rain falls from the sky, hence there must be a big bucket of water hanging in the sky.

1 Like

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:

Same analogies.
Rain falls from the sky, hence there must be a big bucket of water hanging in the sky.

I made a mistake. Living things are coded systems. So we infer a creator since intelligence is required to make coded systems.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
^^^
Again, isn't it more reasonable that we patiently, as we have been doing, study to see how rainfalls form, rather than running of, as you are, to sacrifice our children to angry rain gods that terrify us with thunder and lightening?

You way of reasoning long died off with the dodo birds.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 10:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:
^^^
Again, isn't it more reasonable that we patiently, as we have been doing, study to see how rainfalls form, rather than running of, as you are, to sacrifice our children to angry rain gods that terrify us with thunder and lightening?

You way of reasoning long died off with the dodo birds.

No. It's based on inductive inference which is the basis of the scientific method. Living things (humans( repeatedly make coded systems. Since living things themselves are coded an intelligent Creator had to have made them.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:

I made a mistake. Living things are coded systems. So we infer a creator since intelligence is required to make coded systems.

What the hell is coded system?
Have you of the term resonant frequency or harmonic resonance?

The universe is only comprehensively understood only in terms of energy, vibrations and frequencies.
The universe has a resonant frequencies through which all master resonate, and which is the driving force for all vibrations of matter.

The earth has her own harmonic resonance through which all life on earth resonate. It is this resonant frequency that propelled the first organic molecules to aggregate in forming the first proto life, and continued to guide evolutionary treck to self recognition and awareness of ourselves.
Having self awareness now means looking at our past to learn.
It should not be a fearful surrender to our egos and fears.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:

What the hell is coded system?
Have you of the term resonant frequency or harmonic resonance?

The universe is only comprehensively understood only in terms of energy, vibrations and frequencies.
The universe has a resonant frequencies through which all master resonate, and which is the driving force for all vibrations of matter.

The earth has her own harmonic resonance through which all life on earth resonate. It is this resonant frequency that propelled the first organic molecules to aggregate in forming the first proto life, and continued to guide evolutionary treck to self recognition and awareness of ourselves.
Having self awareness now means looking at our past to learn.
It should not be a fearful surrender to our egos and fears.

First understand my argument. Coded systems are systems built around a code. eg computers Re based on codes in their storage drives. Fuel dispensing machines are built around codes in their counter, arithmetic involves working with codes in the form of number etc. Living things are coded systems to built around codes in their DNA.

Since we know it is intelligence that is required to make coded systems we infer an intelligence behind life since it is a coded system too.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:

No. It's based on inductive inference which is the basis of the scientific method. Living things (humans( repeatedly make coded systems. Since living things themselves are coded an intelligent Creator had to have made them.
Are snowflakes living things?
Are they designed?
Do you see codes, mathematical codes imbedded in a snowflake?

Why does the " PROCESSES" scare you lazy brains.

Why are you afraid of studying processes, and would rather conjure magic to explain simple things.
I thing you are just intellectually too lazy to carefully, patiently and methodically study the process of nature.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Is energy coded system?
Pls answer.

When I get home, I will post a video of how energy vibrations act on matter to form intricate patterns and codes.

No intelligence, no god required.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:

Are snowflakes living things?
Are they designed?
Do you see codes, mathematical codes imbedded in a snowflake?

Why does the " PROCESSES" scare you lazy brains.

Why are you afraid of studying processes, and would rather conjure magic to explain simple things.
I thing you are just intellectually too lazy to carefully, patiently and methodically study the process of nature.

snowflakes aren't coded systems please. Like Kay 17 and like before you are failing g at showing how my inference to God is wrong.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:

First understand my argument. Coded systems are systems built around a code. eg computers Re based on codes in their storage drives. Fuel dispensing machines are built around codes in their counter, arithmetic involves working with codes in the form of number etc. Living things are coded systems to built around codes in their DNA.

Since we know it is intelligence that is required to make coded systems we infer an intelligence behind life since it is a coded system too.

You keep repeating the same kindergarten logic.
I repeat, since water falls from the sky, we also have assume that a god in sky is either sheding tears or his water bucket is leaking.

Stop this merry-go-round.

3 Likes

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by AgentOfAllah: 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:

I assume by code, you're referring to the DNA. Your extrapolation is superfluous, and has nothing logical about it. Non-living things are also made of complex codified patterns. If I freeze molten gallium nitride (GaN) for example, it solidifies into a 3D chain of zinc-blend hexagonal crystal lattices with definite shape and dimensions. This code was achieved just by the process of cooling GaN. Yet it is senseless to claim that because loss of heat causes codes in GaN, every thing exhibiting code is as a result of temperature loss.

1 Like

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:
Is energy coded system?
Pls answer.

When I get home, I will post a video of how energy vibrations act on matter to form intricate patterns and codes.

No intelligence, no god required.

We've been there. I am well aware especially after our last discussion where Deep Sight was involved that free energy can result in intricate patterns eg snowflakes, sand dunes and water vortices etc. But they never result in coded systems. In coded systems there is no physical law that binds elements of the code. For example; in the code 1+1=2 no physical law binds the digits 1+1 to 2. Likewise no physical law binds the words sugar to the actual sugar. only immaterial mind explain that part.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 11:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

I assume by code, you're referring to the DNA. Your extrapolation is superfluous, and has nothing logical about it. Non-living things are also made of complex codified patterns. If I freeze molten gallium nitride (GaN) for example, it solidifies into a 3D chain of zinc-blend hexagonal crystal lattices with definite shape and dimensions. This code was achieved just by the process of cooling GaN. Yet it is senseless to claim that because loss of heat causes codes in GaN, every thing exhibiting code is as a result of temperature loss.

You are mistaking complex patterns for codes. Not all patterns are codes. In your example the zinc blend hexagonal lattices represent nothing else so they aren't codes. DNA OTOH codes for a the chemicals guanine, thymine, cytosine or adenine depending on the pattern.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Convetousness? / Charm For Gamble (lotto) / Are You An Angel ? Let’s Find Out If You Are An Angel In Human Flesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.