Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? (1358 Views)

Who Are The 3 Best Teachers Of The Scripture In Nigeria? / What Does This Scripture Say Really? / Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by CAPTIVATOR: 10:59am On Feb 20, 2015
TELL us if this scripture is a fabrication ! If its truth , the doctrine of trinity ( the word "trinity" itself is a theological concept, the word "trinity" neva appeared anywhere in the scripture) is UNSCRIPTURAL, 1 COR 8:5,6

New Living Translation
But we know that there is only one God, the Father,
who created everything, and we live for him.

New International Version
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom
all things came
and for whom we live;

This scripture NEED NO EXPLANATION, BUT I WILL COMMENT .

1) this scripture tell us there are how many God ? ONE !

2) as this scripture explains, hw many persons are composed in this ONE GOD ? ONLY THE FATHER ! The FATHER NOT The FATHER, SON AND HOLYGHOST ! BUT ONLY THE FATHER.

Is dis scriptural definition not more clear and direct than the theological One God + One God+ One God = One God nonsense .

But wait , probably that scripture is a fabrication AND IF ITS TRUTH ..... TELL US !

Comments welcomed.
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by kinglekan: 11:09am On Feb 20, 2015
*yawns*
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Alone90: 11:14am On Feb 20, 2015
So are you also saying that we should worship only one God? If yes, then is in it the real teachings of christ while He walks this earth? And finally, is it also tought by other preceeding prophets of God? Pls answer
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 20, 2015
It's a fabrication since it has many inconsistency and contradictions.

Many unrecorded events and so on....

1 Like

Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Rilwayne001: 11:33am On Feb 20, 2015
FrancisTony:
It's a fabrication since it has many inconsistency and contradictions....

I don't get your point here, can you please elaborate.
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by vooks: 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
John 20:28 English Standard Version (ESV)
28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

CAPTIVATOR:
[s]TELL us if this scripture is a fabrication ! If its truth , the doctrine of trinity ( the word "trinity" itself is a theological concept, the word "trinity" neva appeared anywhere in the scripture) is UNSCRIPTURAL, 1 COR 8:5,6

New Living Translation

all things came
and for whom we live;

2) as this scripture explains, hw many persons are composed in this ONE GOD ? ONLY THE FATHER ! The FATHER NOT The FATHER, SON AND HOLYGHOST ! BUT ONLY THE FATHER.

Is dis scriptural definition not more clear and direct than the theological One God + One God+ One God = One God nonsense .

But wait , probably that scripture is a fabrication AND IF ITS TRUTH ..... TELL US !

Comments welcomed.[/s]
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I don't get your point here, can you please elaborate.
Contradictions? There are myraids of obvious biblical contradictions.

Inconsistency? Bible defies common sense; a reasonable freethinking man should be aware of it.
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Rilwayne001: 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
FrancisTony:

Contradictions? There are myraids of obvious biblical contradictions.

Inconsistency? Bible defies common sense; a reasonable freethinking man should be aware of it.

Yes I agree with the above. But why are other christians not seeinh these glaring contradictions and inconsistencies? Perhaps, because they have holy spirit, No?
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Rilwayne001: 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
vooks:

Face the topic

1 Like

Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Emusan(m): 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
TELL us if this scripture is a fabrication ! If its truth , the doctrine of trinity ( the word "trinity" itself is a theological concept, the word "trinity" neva appeared anywhere in the scripture) is UNSCRIPTURAL, 1 COR 8:5,6

New Living Translation

all things came
and for whom we live;

Comments welcomed.

Truth you're about to preach is so far from you, why? you quoted the first part and ignored the last part simply because it against your claim.

This is the full verse 1 Corinthians 8:6 "yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; [size=14pt]and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.[/size] (NIV)

Here it says There is "ONE LORD" and this Lord is Jesus Christ. So going by your analogy then Jesus is God because in Deuteronomy 6:4 we read "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (NIV)

So tell us who is ONE LORD, the Father or Jesus?

Even in your own post you use the word of Trinitarians as you asked "1) this scripture tell us there are how many God? ONE!"
It should be How many Gods(Plural) not MANY GOD(singular). You will modify your post now because of this.

I know you'll appeal to another translation after reading my post.

2 Likes

Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Emusan(m): 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Face the topic

What Concerns you here? Remember the person who opened this thread didn't say Jesus is not the Son of God so you and him are not the same.
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Yes I agree with the above. But why are other christians not seeinh these glaring contradictions and inconsistencies? Perhaps, because they have holy spirit, No?
lipsrsealed

Holyspirit kor!

It reminds of Biodun COZA who claimed he was showing Ese higher level of grace and consistently had sex with her.

And also the holy milk a Brazilian pastor told his member to suck from his penis. grin
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Rilwayne001: 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
FrancisTony:

lipsrsealed

Holyspirit kor!

It reminds of Biodun COZA who claimed he was showing Ese higher level of grace and consistently had sex with her.

And also the holy milk a Brazilian pastor told his member to suck from his penis. grin

hehehehe grin grin Lord have mercy
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Rilwayne001: 12:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
Emusan:

What Concerns you here? Remember the person who opened this thread didn't say Jesus is not the Son of God so you and him are not the same.

Okay. you can call him anything thats your cuppa.
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Emusan(m): 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Okay. you can call him anything thats your cuppa.

cheesy cheesy After you jump into what doesn't concern you.
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by vooks: 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
If you miss the connection then its highly likely this is above your paygrade and thinking cheesy
Rilwayne001:

Face the topic
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by oaroloye(m): 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
The Teachings of Paul are not reliable, but Jesus never Taught anything like The Doctrine of The Trinity.
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
oaroloye:
The Teachings of Paul are not reliable, but Jesus never Taught anything like The Doctrine of The Trinity.
Keep queit if you have got nothing tangibe to say.

Paul wasn't the one that taught trinity.
It has already been in the bible since old testament and Jesus still reiterated it.

Isaiah 9:6

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

I don't know who da' hell you are, to opine that Paul's teachings isn't reliable. Smh

2 Timothy3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by jdilight(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

New Living Translation

all things came
and for whom we live;

Comments welcomed.

God is a race of Gods as man is a race of men. If you separate the Gods you will get the Father, the son and the holy spirit. The same way if you separate the man you get the man and the woman.

This in simple terms
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by Rilwayne001: 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
FrancisTony:

Keep queit if you have got nothing tangibe to say. Paul wasn't the one that taught trinity.
It has already been in the bible since old testament and Jesus still reiterated it. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, [b]Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

This proves nothing.
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by CAPTIVATOR: 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
Emusan:

This is the full verse 1 Corinthians 8:6 "yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; [size=14pt]and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.[/size] (NIV)

Good! Thanks for quoting the entire verse.

Whom is refferd to as the One God ? THE FATHER .

Whom is refferd to as the One Lord ? Jesus Christ .

IS JESUS THE FATHER ? NO !

Why is the Father reffered to as the one God ? " FROM WHOM all things came , and for him we live" .
Even Jesus " Came Out From the Father" Joh 16:28

Does the verse tell us why Jesus is called Lord? Yes, " through whom all things came, and through whom we live" .

Deuteronomy 6:4 we read "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (NIV)

ERROR ! The tetragrammaton hebrew letters appeared in this verse NOT the fabricated capital " LORD" .

American standard version

" hear 'o Isreal, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah" Deu 6:4.

And Jehovah is the name of the MOST HIGH (Psalm 83:18)
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by CAPTIVATOR: 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Alone90:
So are you also saying that we should worship only one God? If yes, then is in it the real teachings of christ while He walks this earth? And finally, is it also tought by other preceeding prophets of God? Pls answer

Do u know that ?
" there is ONE GOD, THE FATHER " 1 cor 8:6

AND do u remember Jesus said:

" TRUE WORSHIPPERS will worship THE FATHER" John 4:23
Re: IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? by vooks: 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2015

CAPTIVATOR:

Do u know that ?
" there is ONE GOD, THE FATHER " 1 cor 8:6

AND do u remember Jesus said:

" TRUE WORSHIPPERS will worship THE FATHER" John 4:23

(1) (Reply)

Did The Khilaafah End In 1924? Response To ISIS, Boko Haram, Et-al / Liberation City Presents ''Harvest Of The Supernatural" With Dr Chris Okafor / Matthew 24 And The Pre- Trib Rapture - Jack Kelley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.