Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja (7422 Views)

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation / How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages / Example Of A Scam Job Interview Invite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by 2prexios: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2014
TheCode:

Lolzz... well, I am going to give up on trying to make you see the error of the ways of you and your people. Birds of a feather flock together so your lack of coherence and basic intelligence do not surprise me.

You all claim it is a crime of the highest order to seek paid employment: is 'greenword' your father's company? You take a common marketing job that is not paying its disciples enough to even outdress a motor park tout and paint it as some glorious self-employment opportunity. Is that not a horrible form of self-deceit?

I will say this again with the hope that you would have enough common sense to get the message now: I do not hate you (I dont have the time), I am only filled with disgust at what you and your people do, at the way you scam people into coming to your seminars (yeah, thats the spelling; not seminals). Read the posts on this thread and you shall discover everyone feels the same. In a more civilised part of the world, you all could be arrested and sued for this nonsense.

By the way, bitterness, pain, sorrow, agony, etc best describe you and your people who descend to a despicable level of unethical practices to lure unsuspecting citizens into becoming your marketers.

TheCode, you come across as a loser. You are in the business before, you fail woefully and your anger now know no bounds. There is no truth in you, so you can never take the simplest truth from a stranger. You have twisted the greenword episode as if it happen to you, what kind of human being is this?

When did I told you paid employment is bad?SMH can marketing replace every form of employment in this world? Is the internet mlm? Is Education sector mlm? Is transportation sector mlm? Everyone is bashing MLM here now which is normal, because average Nigerians enjoy condemning than constructive arguments, its the path of least resistance.

But you chose to come after me even when I bless you at the start, trying to avoid confrontations, but the love for mocking others is too rooted in you, so you are here fighting and twisting my point as if I am the cause of your pain for excelling where you are condemning.

I'm thinking you are a loser, you once fail but never blame your stupidity for your failure, you are still wrathful after many years, looking for whom to devour. MLM is voluntary choice, you are not compel into it. I did not enroll you into it, deal with the institution and your weakness, not me.

Meanwhile, you are a very mean and callous soul for describing those young people trying to do the little they know as at the time to better their lot in life as wretched soul. Is your own soul not wretched with that picture in mind? You have only see them for a moment, not for all lifetime.

You do not know what the future hold for them yet, perhaps in MLM or elsewhere, but you mock them in their trying time as wretched x34, as such, may the good God reward you.

Dude I currently run a small-scale private enterprise on the side, and everyone on my team look healthier and dress way better than your 'millionaire networkers'.

I have no problem with those who chose networking as a form of business, but they should BE HONEST about what they do. Simple.

job scammer plc.

I pity whoever does business with your kind, if all the story-twisting and tirade is your interpretation of simple information from a total stranger. You are a killjoy any day an all knowing, "hard to deal with" and perfect and HONEST fellow. But, what you do cannot come to the open.

I can assure you, if you have difference with a partner, you have potential to kill the person or change all dealing records, kill off witness, re-interpret MOU depending on what is at stake after delivery. You can destroy others' reputation in a rage just for fun.

So this may pray against your own success in your "small business world of dainty people" except you change.
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Yeahreen(m): 10:36am On Nov 05, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience. U jst saved a soul...I jst received dis sms nd i'll av started travellin to lag 4rm abj...God Pass All Dese Ppple oooo

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by TheCode(m): 3:38am On Nov 06, 2014
2prexios:

TheCode, you come across as a loser. You are in the business before, you fail woefully and your anger now know no bounds. There is no truth in you, so you can never take the simplest truth from a stranger. You have twisted the greenword episode as if it happen to you, what kind of human being is this?

When did I told you paid employment is bad?SMH can marketing replace every form of employment in this world? Is the internet mlm? Is Education sector mlm? Is transportation sector mlm? Everyone is bashing MLM here now which is normal, because average Nigerians enjoy condemning than constructive arguments, its the path of least resistance.

But you chose to come after me even when I bless you at the start, trying to avoid confrontations, but the love for mocking others is too rooted in you, so you are here fighting and twisting my point as if I am the cause of your pain for excelling where you are condemning.

I'm thinking you are a loser, you once fail but never blame your stupidity for your failure, you are still wrathful after many years, looking for whom to devour. MLM is voluntary choice, you are not compel into it. I did not enroll you into it, deal with the institution and your weakness, not me.

Meanwhile, you are a very mean and callous soul for describing those young people trying to do the little they know as at the time to better their lot in life as wretched soul. Is your own soul not wretched with that picture in mind? You have only see them for a moment, not for all lifetime.

You do not know what the future hold for them yet, perhaps in MLM or elsewhere, but you mock them in their trying time as wretched x34, as such, may the good God reward you.

I pity whoever does business with your kind, if all the story-twisting and tirade is your interpretation of simple information from a total stranger. You are a killjoy any day an all knowing, "hard to deal with" and perfect and HONEST fellow. But, what you do cannot come to the open.

I can assure you, if you have difference with a partner, you have potential to kill the person or change all dealing records, kill off witness, re-interpret MOU depending on what is at stake after delivery. You can destroy others' reputation in a rage just for fun.

So this may pray against your own success in your "small business world of dainty people" except you change.

Hehehehehe.... 2prexios, I dont need to prove anything to you. Think what you may, it doesnt change a thing about me. Y'all a**es have already been busted on this thread, stop ranting and trying to save face.

The bit about paid employment is among y'all doctrine; stop pretending.

Since 001BC, scamming people has been the preferred job for loosers for obvious reasons. Do you now see the irony of your post?

I have no problem with networking/MLM and those that choose to engage in it. BUT deceiving people by sending out bogus interview invitations, and lying to their faces about how much money that is being made, is certainly not cool. It's phony; hence, a scam. The least they owe the public is an apology for the deceit yet they keep behaving like they just did one a huge favour by bringing one to a seminar that would lead one straight to heaven. But of course you dont see anything wrong with that, Mr. total stranger. You dont understand why anyone would be peeved by that - how could you?

I know you are going to misconstrue my sentences again, including the metaphorical parts. This is going to be my final reply to you because, seriously, you come across as one with very limited mental capacity.

Me, I'm outta here (but not outta naijasinglegirl blog wink )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by 2prexios: 7:52am On Nov 06, 2014
I am more informed of this industry than you, very well, cause I have the patience to learn to understand and not to rejoice with prejudice. Patience is a virtue, prejudice is fooly. It is by choice to construct or condemn. Initially, you are the one who want my attention by first calling me names just to disgrace me with your campaign of calumny, making generalizations and thinking I will cower at your rants. Did I? I believe in what I am doing, I don't need you to believe me. My place is at the front joor. I dont trivialize or trample on the aspirations of others once its legit before the law of the land, I am not your kind who hunt about for whom to disgrace, rather I add value to any issue that appeals to me. Money exchange hand with MLM products daily, you can package your frustration about the industry as ebook and sell it or for free. With or without your campaign of calumny, MLM thrives. You are the loser, no one know what you do.
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by nonnystar(f): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2014
Yemisi63:
...my sister and I eventually located the venue. The top floor of a rusty looking two storey building.

We opened the door and found about 18 people sitting in different plastic chairs in one unpolished room. Most of girls looked like SSCE holders, the boys, motor park touts. The supposed interviewer and 2 of his colleagues were giving a motivational speech.

I walked inside squeezing water from my wig after I marked my attendance.

Rich dad, Poor Dad, and Who is Warren Buffet, were written on the board.
The speaker in his ugly looking shoes was just talking nonsense.
It was not an interview, a lecture nor a recruitment conference.
I remembered those scam text messages I usually receive from yahoo boys inviting me for 'briefing/the interview' at Mushin.
That was when I realised I had carried my legs and entered their Ikeja branch for their supposed 'briefing'.
At that point I knew I was f***ed. I just wanted to take off my wet wig and hang it on their standing fan to dry.

"Young Lady, you and your friend are an hour late! Have you ever heard of Warren BuffET?" The speaker asked me with particular emphasis on the 'et'.
"I have never heard of him" I replied.
"What of Bill Gates?"
"I don't know him."
"Wale Haardenugua?"
"I don't"
"Dangote?"
"Nope."

My 'classmates' were all staring at me with pity in their eyes. I was amused when I noticed the naive guy beside me was attentively scribbling notes of all the speaker said.
Basically, the theme of the 'briefing' was to discourage us from seeking paid employment so we could partner with them. The guy in charge told us salary is for losers and the system of working for people had collapsed as far back as 1971. He was going to train us how to become our own BOSS and overnight millionaires.
That was rich coming from a man who looked like poverty ambassador.
Occasionally my sister would give me side glances and both of us would burst into laughter. The speaker colleagues noticed our behaviour and took over with the presentation. The first thing he did was switch our seats. Then he unplugged the standing fan and told us ingrates don't deserve to be this comfortable.
Imagine! Standing fan is now a luxury.
He called me a member of PDP (People Discouraging People from success according to him) and told my sister to keep off from me if she needed to be chosen for the 'final interview'. My sister suddenly became cooperative and I thought she had been hypnotised.
Normally, I would have walked out or shot them but I stayed back for these three reasons.

1. I needed a story for Naijasinglegirl's blog.
2. I was anxious to see where it was going to end. Probably the 'motivational speakers' were going to ask for offering.
3. I was expecting refreshments at the end of the briefing.

All along they never mentioned the name of their company, what exactly they do to make money, how we come in and how they were going to help us. After another hour of talking TRASH, he stated only a quarter of us would be lucky enough to be called for the final phase the next day. A 5-question psychometric test was given to us and my sister and I intentionally answered all my questions wrong.
The company's name 'BOSS RESOURCES" was written on the question paper.

They told us only the serious ones would be contacted the next day. That marked the end of the interview, briefing or whatever it was.
I couldn't believe I wasted my time, transportation money and got beaten in the rain for that nonsense. I looked up the company on Nairaland and found out they were scammers who had the intentions of milking dry all of us. This was a company that had its details only on OLX of all websites
We were still in traffic when both of us received our invitation sms. If they were indeed genuine, how come I made it to the final stage after the insubordinate attitude I put up there?

This is a summary of the post culled from

http://naijasinglegirl.com/this-is-what-happened-to-me-at-a-scam-job-interview-in- ikeja/
hahhahahahahahahhahahaha Laugh wan kill me oooo, chaiii ur reply was the best reply I have ever seen, Lol, that serves them right
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Anyi3(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2014
2prexios

I have no problems with any man's hustle. Everybody should be free to chase their dreams. However your freedom ends where another person's starts. My only problem is when you tell someone lies to get the person involved. If the business is legitimately lucrative, why don't you stick to the truth and let people decide?
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by 2prexios: 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Anyi3:
2prexios

I have no problems with any man's hustle. Everybody should be free to chase their dreams. However your freedom ends where another person's starts. My only problem is when you tell someone lies to get the person involved. If the business is legitimately lucrative, why don't you stick to the truth and let people decide?
That's exactly what I do preach. It might take time, but one will definitely get there. Presently, I am helping a retiree build his business. He bought into the hype and was at a loss as to how to dispose his products. So I am putting him thru. The two of us are involve from within, so nobody is deceiving another. He met me because he did not give up even when the person that enrolled him has abandon him. The person that enrol me has abandon me now, but I hang on to understand the business, and now I have connected good people from within. What my upline told me is half-full truth, it takes me to make it true or false. Thanks bruv.
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by presh24(f): 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
udysweet:
grin
Funny people,you see dem everywhere:iyana isolo,cele,okota,egbe da,abule egba,mushin road,lawanson road,ikeja(na dem hq be dat) and evn gbagada! I don't even wait to open all those dem "HR" "e-recruiter" msg. One called me long ago,naim I ask:please are you one of those HMO(health mgt org) she said :no we're HME(health mgt engineering) I died! Lol. I think she deliberately did dat to encourage me to come,lik dis one is genuine!
Look closely at their dressing sef,u will see roaches coming out from their "coats" even the lady among dem,one wore a tulip skirt in a wrong way and attached a flower to d side of her hair ,like dos indian movies(who d hell dresses that way for a supposed aptitude test\interview?)
Job no dey naija but God go connect us to d one wey be our own,can I get an "Amen"
Amen to dat...av falling into their hands twice and at d end they asked us to pay 10k for d licence for d so called presentation immediately dey called money dat was wen I left
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Sholy9ja: 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
Cnt stop laffin hahahahaahhahahahahhaa
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by 2prexios: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
obinna002:
Your very lucky I don't know you in person, could have dealt with you,
Why? Is that how you go about dealing with people?
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by justi4jesu(f): 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
Yeahreen:
Thanks for sharing your experience. U jst saved a soul...I jst received dis sms nd i'll av started travellin to lag 4rm abj...God Pass All Dese Ppple oooo

Information is power....You would have wasted your hard earned money but we for like hear your own personal experience oh...lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Christeety: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2014
2prexios:
Hillarious indeed. Sometimes back, we were discussing TB Josuah and miracles and healing for HIV. A man express a strong reservation. Then I narrated a story my friend told me about a broke hiv positive fellow who had been surviving on gnld product. when the gnld guy couldnt continue providing the drug for the hiv guy, he took him to sinagog and miracle happened, acodin to my friend. The man I was speaking to ask me to stop for a sec., he said once upon a time his wife was semi paralized and no drug prove effective until they tried gnld. my wife is so strong now thanks to those people, he said. I am not in gnld though a networker. It is a nitche of business, you may not like their idiosyncracies, it is not a scam sir, if it is gnld.

I see no reason why GNLD shouldn't come out plain.if they are 4real. Y must they alwayz use a fake company address inviting them for test/interview. Infact i believe, if its indeed a good business/org as they claim, its name shd speak for it. People google everyday 2 check if NNPC nd d likes r recruiting. They don't shout.
Mtschew....Hungry people telling me to forget salary work in order to network nd travel 2 South Africa nd d likes when obviously he/she hasn't been there.
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Christeety: 10:09am On Nov 07, 2014
2prexios:
I am more informed of this industry than you, very well, cause I have the patience to learn to understand and not to rejoice with prejudice. Patience is a virtue, prejudice is fooly. It is by choice to construct or condemn. Initially, you are the one who want my attention by first calling me names just to disgrace me with your campaign of calumny, making generalizations and thinking I will cower at your rants. Did I? I believe in what I am doing, I don't need you to believe me. My place is at the front joor. I dont trivialize or trample on the aspirations of others once its legit before the law of the land, I am not your kind who hunt about for whom to disgrace, rather I add value to any issue that appeals to me. Money exchange hand with MLM products daily, you can package your frustration about the industry as ebook and sell it or for free. With or without your campaign of calumny, MLM thrives. You are the loser, no one know what you do.

Truth be told, the only issue most peeps have with GNLD is that they are not straight. Y deceive pple with numerous sms calling 4 interviews. If its such a lucrative business, people should be the one rushing after it.
They need to come out plain. So that only people who actually have interest in networking stuff can participate. Imagine someone travelling down to Lagos all the way from Benin with high hopes only 2 get there and be dissappointed. Its really not fair.#My tot#
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by 2prexios: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2014
Christeety:

Truth be told, the only issue most peeps have with GNLD is that they are not straight. Y deceive pple with numerous sms calling 4 interviews. If its such a lucrative business, people should be the one rushing after it.
They need to come out plain. So that only people who actually have interest in networking stuff can participate. Imagine someone travelling down to Lagos all the way from Benin with high hopes only 2 get there and be dissappointed. Its really not fair.#My tot#
Thats true, nothing but the truth. But the gimmick is, they are targeting the ripe workforce available in the labour market, other than experienced hands because, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Meanwhile most people that are always baited by gnld are boys and girls looking for clark & janitorial jobs or sales rep. They don't have option but to do what they were offered at that crossroad of life as the best. I give it to them, they tried to do something with their time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mainone Cable Company Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Npower Device Collection Is For The Non Graduates Npower Training Scheme / Please How Do I Get To ICAN Student Centre, Amuwo Odofin From Agege Or Ikeja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.