Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. (11141 Views)

My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice / Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by andyanders: 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
eleko1:
Sheathe ur sword,forgive and forget.He probably leave due to economic(Financial issue or whatever is it.We a ll read bout the story of 3 teens abandoned by their parent in a boarding sch few months ago)dnt mind ignorance advised that flow from kids,Ur dad isn't a sperm donor.Believe me that he's thinking bout u all,most especially Ur mum.I pray Ur mum live long to reap the fruit of her labour and may the Wisdom that established Joseph/Daniel establish U and ur brotha,U'll find favor in d sight of God and man.If Ur dad appear today,embrace him,cook for him(accept him back like a prodigal son)and shame the devil.NEVA GIVE UP

Good contribution

She should learn to forgive and try to bring the family back.Sometimes you find out that most broken homes come from devils manipulation in order to destroy the a home with future. Devil saw that if he gives peace by having your parents stay together ,could mean that you guys would become something and your parents would enjoy.

Op should forgive and try to bring the family together and they all need to go for deliverance so that the children don't suffer broken homes during their own homes because most broken homes affect the children and you find out that the children start experiencing same problems their parents were having that led to their separation. God will help you to forgive and work bring your parents together. Find your Dad to know why he left.You can do your private investigation without letting your mother know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by eleko1: 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
God bless U too.May Ur wisdom never turn to foolishness.@ OP,pls dnt flow with unGodly/ignorance advised,another man can't be Ur dad,forgive him biko.I pray and believe GOD for UR RESTORATION and REUNION of ur family.ALL THINGS WORK OUT WELL FOR U IJN
andyanders:

Good contribution

She should learn to forgive and try to bring the family back.Sometimes you find out that most broken homes come from devils manipulation in order to destroy the a home with future. Devil saw that if he gives peace by having your parents stay together ,could mean that you guys would become something and your parents would enjoy.

Op should forgive and try to bring the family together and they all need to go for deliverance so that the children don't suffer broken homes during their own homes because most broken homes affect the children and you find out that the children start experiencing same problems their parents were having that led to their separation. God will help you to forgive and work bring your parents together. Find your Dad to know why he left.You can do your private investigation without letting your mother know.

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 9:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
eleko1:
God bless U too.May Ur wisdom never turn to foolishness.@ OP,pls dnt flow with unGodly/ignorance advised,another man can't be Ur dad,forgive him biko.I pray and believe GOD for UR RESTORATION and REUNION of ur family.ALL THINGS WORK OUT WELL FOR U IJN

Amen, thanks.

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by eleko1: 10:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
U need to hear from the horse's mouth.I believe one/2 peeps in ur family knw bout Ur dad whereabouts.Apart from this,dnt fold ur hands and continue with the status quo.U have to hit the ground running(only if u Understand what I mean)U'll triumphy over this
Ayoolajumoke:

Amen, thanks.
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 9:51am On Feb 11, 2015
eleko1:
U need to hear from the horse's mouth.I believe one/2 peeps in ur family knw bout Ur dad whereabouts.Apart from this,dnt fold ur hands and continue with the status quo.U have to hit the ground running(only if u Understand what I mean)U'll triumphy over this

Thanks brother but I don't just think I want to know anything about him again because no matter what might have happened between him and my mum, his children shouldn't be brought into it at least he didn't have issues with the children... I don't think I need him again though.
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by kemiola89(f): 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ayoolajumoke:

Thanks brother but I don't just think I want to know anything about him again because no matter what might have happened between him and my mum, his children shouldn't be brought into it at least he didn't have issues with the children... I don't think I need him again though.
Deep down you are still hurting! In other for you to have peace of mind you have to let go of whatever grudge you're holding against him and be free minded. Don't let his action define who you are!

The only way for you to get back at him is to become successful and treat him better than he deserves, trust me his conscience would arrest and imprison him for life.
Talking from experience.

5 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ayoolajumoke:
It's been fifteen years ago that my dad left my mom with three kids, two boys and a girl, my younger bro was only 6months old and I was only three years old.

It isn't easy living without a father, my mom did all she could to bring us to where we are now, sometimes we go on empty stomach, bought clothes for us twice in a year and so many things that didn't make a good living, she works most times as a maid just to make sure our education is secured (she never remarried ). I feel bad whenever I see my friends talk about their dads and I curse my dad each time I remember everything we've been through that even made me hate men.

All hope isn't lost as I'm now in my second year in the University, wishing to make my mom proud of me. I thank God for blessing me with that kinda mom.

Anybody from a broken home can as well share his/her experience.
U dont need 2 curse him ok. Just study hard 2 excel in sch 2 make ur mum proud. Sooner or later he ll come back begging. Just forgive him & move on. I believe its a blessing in disguised. Its well with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
Thanks

Amen to your prayer.
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by ehix89(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

Thank you bro! My thought exactly, he is just a sperm donor, and someone was telling me sometime ago that he will come back to his family when we are grown ups, I was like WTF, he dares not.
You don't breed so much hate, love superceeds all, hope you are better for it now?
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
ehix89:
You don't breed so much hate, love superceeds all, hope you are better for it now?

Yeah I am, thank you.
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by ehix89(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

Yeah I am, thank you.
my pleasure
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by bossman44: 12:00am On Feb 13, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:
It's been fifteen years ago that my dad left my mom with three kids, two boys and a girl, my younger bro was only 6months old and I was only three years old.

It isn't easy living without a father, my mom did all she could to bring us to where we are now, sometimes we go on empty stomach, bought clothes for us twice in a year and so many things that didn't make a good living, she works most times as a maid just to make sure our education is secured (she never remarried ). I feel bad whenever I see my friends talk about their dads and I curse my dad each time I remember everything we've been through that even made me hate men.

All hope isn't lost as I'm now in my second year in the University, wishing to make my mom proud of me. I thank God for blessing me with that kinda mom.

seem u not asleep yet.. Wud u be my chat buddy tonight?
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by cris07(m): 1:20pm On May 16, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:

Uhmm, good for you. You didn't lose anything bcoz both of them provided for your needs, at least you see both of them often. lol, I bet you wouldn't want to experience mine.
can i knw u pls...?
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Titilayooni(f): 9:03pm On May 17, 2017
A child from a broken home would never want to make the mistake his/her parents made. It is often said that children from broken homes do not make good spouses but I don't believe that is true. As I grow older,am not interested in what happened btw my parents but I just want to take care of them(do my part as an only child)and leave them to God for not fufilling their duties as parents..cos I promised my unborn child"divorce won't be an option for mum&dad" cos a broken home affects a child psychologically,I was just a lil bit lucky.

3 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by cris07(m): 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:

I dare not neglect her, thanks sir kiss
I dare not neglect her, thanks sir.
jumoke
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
cris07:
jumoke
Yes sir
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by KevinDein: 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:

Yes sir
How are you?
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by asjay(m): 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:

may you become a great mother to your children....Amen
May your mum live long to witness your greatness....Amen
I pray for you today, may you become a source of joy to your mother and I pray you end up in a good family,never suffer this again..... Amen

But dear, one thing I have discovered about peeps from broken homes is dat they are somehow deficient either in character or other ways so don't let whatever you are going thru get to you . Be positive always and don't let your past determine or dictate your future. Don't let the anger, the pains you have been thru or other negative things make a monster ( in any way). Don't think all men are bad or irresponsible . Above all love God and be good
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by cris07(m): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:

Yes sir
mo fo fun e o... Can i knw u?

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by thotianna: 7:08am On Sep 20, 2017
Op how far? Has ya self centered irresponsible papa come back?
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by ImaIma1(f): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2017
Op just live your life and leave your dad. Don't worry about the things you cannot change.

Besides there are some people that have both parents living together but life is still hell. Having both parents is good but it does not guarantee a better life.

Make up your mind to be a better parent and spouse to yout kids and partner. There are people out there that have a blissful marriage and family. Aim at being one of them.

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
thotianna:

That's too harsh ma'am, way too harsh!

3 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
ImaIma1:
Op just live your life and leave your dad. Don't worry about the things you cannot change.

Besides there are some people that have both parents living together but life is still hell. Having both parents is good but it does not guarantee a better life.

Make up your mind to be a better parent and spouse to yout kids and partner. There are people out there that have a blissful marriage and family. Aim at being one of them.

Thanks for this ma'am, the advice too. Jah bless you plenty.
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by forlahkhe: 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
My story is similar to urs.....i soooo much miss my mum.

quote author=Temibassie post=27726070]Op,I feel your pain because I also come from a broken home,the only difference is that my dad didnt abandon us but honestly my dear mum(God bless her soul) went through hell raising the 3 of us singlehandedly, depriving herself of basic comforts of life just to make sure we turn out well. Sadly she died shortly after I graduated and till date,I ask God why He permitted her to leave when it was time for her to reap the fruit of her labour.
As for my dad,I don't hate him(though it takes the grace of God not to do that) but he cannot impose His needs on me,I assist him when/if I want.
My advice to you,is to face your studies,(ranti omo tio oje) and God will perfect that which concerns you and always pray for good health and long life for your mom,she deserves to live in comfort after all the stress.
Peace!!![/quote]

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by MrMcJay(m): 5:00am On Sep 25, 2017
thotianna:

As a married woman, you should learn to mind your business and tend to matters that concern you.
If you must talk, it's important you exercise restraint over your tongue and process your words before you spit them out.

You should consider the actual meaning, the intended meaning and the connoted meaning.

5 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by cris07(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:

Yes sir
i jus mailed u...
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by TheEminentLaity: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
You must have graduated by now ... Better to live with single moms than dads that I know. You look great by the way, hope you are doing good?

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
You must have graduated by now ... Better to live with single moms than dads that I know. You look great by the way, hope you are doing good?

I should have graduated but ASUU and funaab choose to delay me a bit, so I have a semester left, we just resumed.
Yes I'm fine, thank you.

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by TheEminentLaity: 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
Oh right. Keep your head up and good luck cool
Ayoolajumoke:

I should have graduated but ASUU and funaab choose to delay me a bit, so I have a semester left, we just resumed.
Yes I'm fine, thank you.

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by thotianna: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2017
MrMcJay:

As a married woman, you should learn to mind your business and tend to matters that concern you.
If you must talk, it's important you exercise restraint over your tongue and process your words before you spit them out.

You should consider the actual meaning, the intended meaning and the connoted meaning.

I am not interested in your opinion. Stop quoting me to tell me what you think.

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Tysam302: 3:01am On Jan 22, 2018
I can't help but break down while reading posts like this , I mean how on earth could a father be so mean to his own fruits and the wife he got married to, I'm happy for you sis , sure you will take good care of your mum and siblings. I bet you don't wanna hear my story also , it might make you hate men even more, and as regards being raised by a single parent, maybe it's all about predestination as some people will say.
All the same we thank God for life , here we are doing great stuffs that even children that got the best parental support couldn't do.
Re: What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 22, 2018
Ayoolajumoke:

That's too harsh ma'am, way too harsh!

That’s not harsh actually. From the post you put up, is he not self centered and irresponsible?

Or because he is your father that term can’t be used to describe him?

When you bring your issues to a public forum you have given the public the right to voice their opinions.

I have read the regular African advice for reconciliation, and how it’s the devil’s manipulation that people are giving you here.

But the truth is, a responsible man will not leave his children to starve to even if he hates their mother.

Your father doesn’t love you and your siblings, I won’t bring your mum into this, because his behavior towards her tells it all.

You guys shouldn’t waste your emotions on him, move on with your life, and when it’s time for traditional marriage if you like pay your dowry to him in the name of father, when he hasn’t earned that title.

Make something of yourselves and support your mother, then do your future children a favor by marrying a good and kind man.

Forget all this he must be God loving story, if a man is first of all kind, he will not be able to watch another person suffer.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman / If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart / Advice For Relocating To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.