Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Did Paul Invent Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Paul Invent Christianity? (3754 Views)

Dr Paul Enenche's Visit To Agatu Land / TRUTH: Did Paul Say Women Should Remain Quiet In Church?? / Did Paul Really Quote Greek Poets ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 9:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
"But it happened that as I was on my way, approaching Damascus
about noontime, a very bright light suddenly flashed from heaven all
around me, and I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me,
'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?' "And I answered, 'Who are
You, Lord?' And He said to me, 'I am Jesus the Nazarene, whom you are
persecuting.' "(Acts 22:6-cool
This is Paul's account of his encounter with the risen Jesus Christ. Paul said that it was through this event that he stopped persecuting
Christianity, becoming its greatest proponent and evangelist.

Many skeptics assert that Paul of Tarsus (the apostle Paul) hijacked the
early Christian religion, changing the theology from what Jesus
originally taught. Usually offered as proof for this claim are the
doctrines found in Paul's great theological work, his letter to the
Romans. Without a doubt, the book of Romans contains the most
complete exposition of orthodox Christian doctrines. Are these doctrines contrary to what Jesus taught? Do they conflict with the
teachings of the Old Testament from which they were purportedly
derived? If Paul really "invented" Christianity, then one would expect
that his teachings would be different from Jesus, the other apostles,
and disciples.
Paul of Tarsus met Jesus on a trip to persecute
Christians in Damascus. Struck blind for three days, Paul waited for
Ananias (one of Jesus' followers) to heal him. Converted by the
experience, Paul passionately proclaimed the gospel to the Jewish and
Gentile world. This gospel included doctrines including the atonement
of sin through Jesus' death on the cross and justification through faith. Paul, in his letter to the Galatians, indicated that he received this gospel
by revelation of Jesus Christ:
" For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was
preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it
from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation
of JESUS CHRIST." (Galatians 1:11-12).If it were true that Paul received his teaching directly from Jesus Christ,
then surely Jesus Himself would have taught what Paul was preaching.

PAUL'S TEACHING OF THE GOSPEL:

The basis of the gospel is the belief that Jesus died for the sins of
mankind. Jesus clearly indicated that His purpose was to come to die on a cross for the sins of the world. This concept was not a new one, since Isaiah first prophesied that the Messiah would die for our sins. Paul, of course taught this doctrine, as did John, Luke, and Peter. Other crucial doctrines taught by Paul were also taught by Jesus and
the disciples:
1.Belief in Jesus for eternal life
2 Righteousness by faith
3 Justification by faith
4 Forgiveness of sin through faith Repentance

FOR A LIST OF VERSEES, SEE THE TABLE BELOW.
Were Paul's Doctrines Taught by Jesus?

DOCTRINE
FIRST TAUGHT
VERSE
TAUGHT BY JESUS
PAUL OTHERS
Atonement by death on cross
Isaiah
Isaiah 53:5-12
Matthew 10:38, 16:24, 26:28, Mark 8:34, 14:24, Luke 9:23, 14:27, 22:20, John 12:32-33
1 Corinthians 1:18, 11:25, Ephesians 2:8, 16, Colossians 1:20, 2:14 John 1:29, 36, Acts 8:32, 1 Peter 1:18-19, 2:24, Revelation 5:12-14, 7:14

Believe in Jesus for eternal life
Job
Job 19:25-26
Matthew 19:29, Mark 10:29-30, Luke 9:24, John 3:16
Romans 5:21, 6:23, 1 Timothy 1:16, Jude 1:21
Acts 11:17-18, 1 John 5:11
Righteousness by faith
Moses, Habakkuk
Genesis 15:6, Habakkuk 2:4
Mark 11:22, Luke 7:50
Romans 1:17, 3:22, 3:25-26, 4:3, 9, 11, 13, 5:17, 9:30, 10:4, 10,
Galatians 3:6, 11, Philippians 3:9
Hebrews 11:4, 7, 2 Peter 1:1
Justification by faith
Moses
Genesis 15:6, Isaiah 53:11
Luke 7:50, 8:12 Mark 16:16, John 3:18, 5:24
Romans 3:28, 30, 5:1, 18, Galatians 2:16, 3:8, 24
James 2:23
Forgiveness of sin through faith
David
2 Chronicles 7:14, Psalm 86:5, Jeremiah 31:33-34
Matthew 9:2, 6, 26:27-28, Mark 2:5, 10-11, Luke 5:20, 24,
Acts 26:18, Ephesians 1:7, 4:32, Colossians 1:13-14, 2:13, 3:13
Luke 1:76-77, Acts 2:38, 5:31, 10:43, 13:38, Hebrews 10:18-20, James 5:15, 1 John 1:7-9, 2:12
Repentance
Isaiah
Isaiah 1:27, 30:15, Ezekiel 18:32
Matthew 4:17, Mark 1:15, Luke 5:32, 13:3, 24:46-47
Romans 2:4, 2 Corinthians 7:9-10
Matthew 3:2, Mark 1:4, Luke 3:3, Acts 2:38, 17:30, 20:21, 2 Peter 3:9

Other Teachings.
Besides the core doctrines of Christianity, Paul taught on many other
theological topics, also taught by Jesus. Below is a list of some of these
teachings (found in the gospels) compared to what Paul taught in his
letters to the churches.

Was Paul Aware of Jesus' Teachings? Teaching Paul Jesus Parable of sower 1 Corinthians 3:6-10
Matthew 13:1-23 Stumbling stone Romans 9:33
Matthew 18:7 Ruling against divorce 1 Corinthians 7:10
Mark 10:11 Support for apostles 1 Corinthians 9:14
Luke 10:7 Institution of Lord's supper 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
Matthew 26:26-28 Command concerning prophets 1 Corinthians 14:37
Matthew 23:34 Lord's return 1 Thessalonians 4:15
Matthew 24:1-51 Blessing of the persecuted Romans 12:14
Luke 6:27 Don't repay evil with evil Romans 12:17 and 1 Thessalonians 5:15 Matthew 5:38-48, Luke 6:27 Pay taxes to authorities Romans 13:7
Mark 12:12-17 No stumbling block Romans 14:13
Mark 9:42 Nothing is unclean Romans 14:14
Mark 7:15 Thief in the night 1 Thessalonians 5:2
Luke 12:39 Peace among yourselves 1 Thessalonians 5:13
Mark 9:50 Peace with everyone Romans 12:18
Mark 9:50 Do not judge Romans 13:10
Luke 6:37

Conclusion:
The idea that Paul invented Christianity out of some theological
vacuum is completely without merit. Although Paul's Letter to the
Romans is radically different from just about any other book of the
Bible, the teachings found in the Book of Romans is also found in the
Old Testament, the teachings of Jesus, and the teachings of the
disciples. So, Paul didn't just make up doctrines to create a new religion. However, he did write the greatest theological treatise of all
time in the Book of Romans. Not only are the core doctrines of
Christianity found outside Paul's writings, but Paul himself taught
many other theological issues that reflect the teachings of Jesus during
His years of ministry. Contrary to the claims of some, Paul did not just
write about some "cosmic Jesus," but described Jesus as a real man who lived and died on planet earth. In conclusion, Paul of Tarsus did
not invent Christianity, but clarified the teachings of the Bible as no
other Bible author ever has. In addition to his great theological
writings, Paul was Christianity's greatest evangelist.

1 Like

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by plaetton: 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
Paul also confessed to being a liar and a cunning man.
I believe him.

Paul's account has much credibility as the account of Mohammed, and Smith, founder of Mormon church.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Rilwayne001: 11:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
I will comment tomao
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
plaetton:
Paul also confessed to being a liar and a cunning man.
I believe him.

Paul's account has much credibility as the account of Mohammed, and Smith, founder of Mormon church.
can you quote the verse were paul confessed as being a lier?

People misinterprete paul,paul latters were teaching,while the rest prophet preach, paul teach what the prophet preaches,preach is like passing a message God instruct you too, it is the same message paul teaches,paul is educated,he teaches with knowledge.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by teemanbastos(m): 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
[size=72pt]u dy ask me?[/size]
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
Rilwayne001:

I will comment tomao
what about this thread
www.nairaland.com/1970166/lying-deity.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by plaetton: 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
malvisguy212:

People misinterprete paul,paul latters were teaching,while the rest prophet preach, paul teach what the prophet preaches,preach is like passing a message God instruct you too, it is the same message paul teaches,paul is educated,he teaches with knowledge.
Paul never quoted Jesus, not even once, because he never knew Jesus nor what Jesus supposedly taught while alive.
Paul even directly contradict Jesus in many instances.

Also, isn't it just a bid odd that Paul's missionary journeys mimmick the missionary journeys of Apollonius of Tyana, a historical figure who would have been a contemporary of Jesus?
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
plaetton:

Paul never quoted Jesus, not even once, because he never knew Jesus nor what Jesus supposedly taught while alive.

Also, isn't it just a bid odd that Paul's missionary journeys mimmick the missionary journeys of Apollonius of Tyana, a historical figure who would have been a contemporary of Jesus?
, Paul indicates that Jesus came into the world, and that he himself saw Him. In addition, Paul states that Jesus was a man made of flesh,ate and drank, bled, was crucified, died, and was raised from the dead. These are not the kinds of things that happen to some ghost Jesus. In virtually every book he
authored , Paul clearly makes reference to
Jesus the man, who lived and died on earth.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by plaetton: 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
malvisguy212:
, Paul indicates that Jesus came into the world, and that he himself saw Him. In addition, Paul states that Jesus was a man made of flesh,ate and drank, bled, was crucified, died, and was raised from the dead. These are not the kinds of things that happen to some ghost Jesus. In virtually every book he
authored , Paul clearly makes reference to
Jesus the man, who lived and died on earth.

He never ever quoted Jesus.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 11:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
plaetton:

He never ever quoted Jesus.
Parable of sower 1 Corinthians 3:6-10
Matthew 13:1-23
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 11:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
parable of the sower.
1 Corinthians 3:6-10. 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives
the growth. 8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. 9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building. 10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let
each one take care how he builds upon it.

Compere it with jesus parable of the sower:

Matthew 13:1-23. The Parable of the Sower.
13 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat
in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds
came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered
because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.” 10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” 11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not
have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand. 14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. 15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’[a] 16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you
hear but did not hear it. 18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not
understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown
in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once
receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word,
they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the
deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word
and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a
hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by plaetton: 12:09am On Nov 05, 2014
Unbelievable!

Should I call you a liar, disingenuous, or fraudster?

So this is the very best you can do to rebut my claim that Paul never ever quoted Jesus?

BTW, something interesting caught my eye in the quited passage.
Did Paul just say " Apollo watered it" ?
This is incredible.
So Paul believed in the historicity of the god Apollo? grin
Wow!

Now, since Paul was inspired by Jesus/god to reveal truth, we should therefore assume that his reference to the god Apollo was also Jesus/ god inspired too.
Right sir.
Can we then assume, based on Paul's reference to Apollo, that Christianity is in part the religion of Apollo?

1 Like

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 12:18am On Nov 05, 2014
plaetton:
Unbelievable!

So this is the very best you can do to rebut my claim that Paul never ever quoted Jesus?

This is incredible.
Wow!

Now, since Paul was inspired by Jesus/god to reveal truth, we should therefore assume that his reference to the god Apollo was also Jesus/ god inspired too.
Right sir.
Can we then assume, based on Paul's reference to Apollo, that Christianity is in part the religion of Apollo?
what do you understand by the verse i qoute?
I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it
grow.

It just like"i planted a seed satan watered it,but God has been making it grow. Exacltly what jesus is saying in the parable of the sower.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 12:26am On Nov 05, 2014
plaetton.

You ask,did paul qout jesus? And i first give you answer, that paul meet jesus(more than qoute)you still ask again, i present two verse,one from paul and the other from jesus, they were saying the same thing, correct me if am wrong, what els do you want? Remember paul even had a conversation with jesus christ.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by plaetton: 12:42am On Nov 05, 2014
malvisguy212:

grow.

It just like"i planted a seed satan watered it,but God has been making it grow. Exacltly what jesus is saying in the parable of the sower.
Complete baloney.
You seem to have your own little version of Christianity where you twist everything as it suits you.

Paul's reference to Apollo watering a plant that God helps to grow puts Apollo as virtuous character that helps god.

The important thing here is that Paul believed in Apollo, in the same way that he believed that he saw Jesus.

So, its either of two things:
1. Either Paul was truly divinely inspired, in which case the god Apollo is also real and should be worshipped by the followers of Pauline doctrine.
Or,
2. Paul was a delusional character and conman who also believed in the mythologies and superstitions of his era, including the superstitions of Apollo and it's striking similarities with the myths of Jesus.

Did you know that Apollo was of a virgin birth too, and that he was called the saviour of mankind ?

Do you know that portraits and statutes of Mary suckling her young child Jesus were originally based on those of the goddess Venus suckling her infant Apollo?

Now I clearly see where Paul is coming.
Paul used his cunning to smuggle the pagan worship of Apollo into the budding Christian movement in 2 and century Palestine.

I have maintained that what Paul, Constantine and early Roman church fsthers successfully did was to surreptitiously paganize Christianity by hiding paganism inside the false flag of Christian doctrines.

Paganism survives and strives today thanks to Paul, constsntine and other Roman figures.

The largest pagan movement in the world is called the church.

Thank you Paul.

2 Likes

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by plaetton: 12:47am On Nov 05, 2014
malvisguy212:
plaetton.

You ask,did paul qout jesus? And i first give you answer, that paul meet jesus(more than qoute)you still ask again, i present two verse,one from paul and the other from jesus, they were saying the same thing, correct me if am wrong, what els do you want? Remember paul even had a conversation with jesus christ.
Paul never quoted Jesus. That remains a fact.

As per your twisting, I.must say that you suffer great delusions of faith.
The extent you go to twist facts in favour of your beliefs are simply amazing.

1 Like

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 05, 2014
plaetton:

1cor. 11:24 = Luk 22:19
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 05, 2014
plaetton:
Unbelievable!

This is incredible.
Wow!

Right sir.

No! Paul said Apollos not apollo. Take note of the "s" ending the name Paul mentioned.

He was not talking about apollo the sun god. of course that only exists in mythology.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by plaetton: 3:08am On Nov 05, 2014
JMAN05:

No! Paul said Apollos not apollo. Take note of the "s" ending the name Paul mentioned.

He was not talking about apollo the sun god. of course that only exists in mythology.

Funny.

And who was Apollos that you think is distinct from the god Apollo?
One of god's angels?

1 Like

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by abdulwastecx(m): 3:41am On Nov 05, 2014
malvisguy212:

grow.

from that twisted logic, God really need the help of a satan to water a seed and thesane god is omni powerful......I see

1 Like

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Ahijobuzuzu(m): 4:56am On Nov 05, 2014
plaetton:

Funny.

And who was Apollos that you think is distinct from the god Apollo?
One of god's angels?
Book of ACTS 18 vs 24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born ar Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
Read through to verse 27 and 1 Cor 1vs 12. U people read up? What's wrong with u people

3 Likes

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Abdulsalam20(m): 6:36am On Nov 05, 2014
malvisguy212:

paul is a lier and a fraudster
1. "For if the truth of God hath more
abounded through my lie unto his
glory; why yet am I also judged as
a sinner?" (Rom. 3.7)

HE ADMIT TO BE A CAMELION
2. "I made myself servant unto all,
that I might gain the more. And
unto the Jews I became as a Jew,
that I might gain the Jews; to them
that are under the law, as under
the law, that I might gain them that
are under the law; To them that are
without law, as without law, that I
might gain them that are without
law. ... I am made all things to all
men , that I might by all means
save some. And this I do for the
gospel's sake" (1 Cor. 9.19-23).

HE ACEPT ROBING CHURCHES ROBING ANOTHER

3. And he admits to the church of Corinth: " I
robbed other churches ... to do you
service" (2 Cor. 11.cool.

paul is an antichrist so as all christians

1 Like

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2014
plaetton:

Paul never quoted Jesus. That remains a fact.

As per your twisting, I.must say that you suffer great delusions of faith.
The extent you go to twist facts in favour of your beliefs are simply amazing.
1 Corinthians 11: 23-26 For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the
Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread, and, after
he had given thanks, broke it and said, “This is my body that is for
you. Do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way also the cup,
after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do
this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the
Lord until he comes.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2014
abdulwastecx:

from that twisted logic, God really need the help of a satan to water a seed and thesane god is omni powerful......I see
God dos' not need the help of satan,however,what satan is doing is strenghten the faith of the believer ,unknowing to satan.Many things that people consider to be bad are, in fact, useful in our
spiritual growth. The Bible says that trials in our lives produce perseverance, which helps make us mature and complete. These trials also increase our faith - a "refining by fire." The Bible tells us that "all things to work together for good to those who love God."
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 7:24am On Nov 05, 2014
Abdulsalam20:

paul is a lier and a fraudster
1. "For if the truth of God hath more
abounded through my lie unto his
glory; why yet am I also judged as
a sinner?" (Rom. 3.7)

HE ADMIT TO BE A CAMELION
2. "I made myself servant unto all,
that I might gain the more. And
unto the Jews I became as a Jew,
that I might gain the Jews; to them
that are under the law, as under
the law, that I might gain them that
are under the law; To them that are
without law, as without law, that I
might gain them that are without
law. ... I am made all things to all
men , that I might by all means
save some. And this I do for the
gospel's sake" (1 Cor. 9.19-23).

HE ACEPT ROBING CHURCHES ROBING ANOTHER

3. And he admits to the church of Corinth: " I
robbed other churches ... to do you
service" (2 Cor. 11.cool.

paul is an antichrist so as all christians
you dont even understand what you are saying, in romans3,paul was reffering to the jews,he use himself as an example.
Romans 3
God’s Faithfulness
3 What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? 2 Much in every way! First of all, the Jews have been entrusted with the very words of God. 3 What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? 4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written: “So that you may be proved right when you speak
and prevail when you judge.”[a] 5 But if our unrighteousness brings out God’s righteousness more clearly, what shall we say? That God is unjust in bringing his wrath on
us? (I am using a human argument.) 6 Certainly not! If that were so, how could God judge the world? 7 Someone might argue, “If my falsehood enhances God’s truthfulness and so increases his glory, why
am I still condemned as a sinner?”
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by malvisguy212: 7:28am On Nov 05, 2014
abdusalam20.

Help your brothers here.
www.nairaland.com/1970166/lying-deity
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Rilwayne001: 8:26am On Nov 05, 2014
malvisguy212:
what about this thread
www.nairaland.com/1970166/lying-deity.

Too many posts on that thread!

1 Like

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Rilwayne001: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2014
“Therefore let us abandon the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to more maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works but of faith toward God” – Hebrew 6:1

This^^ is probably the most brazen attack by Paul on the Christianity taught by Jesus. In this verse, Paul had the temerity to imply that Jesus' teaching was immature, while he, Paul was the smart alec to take Christianity to the next level.How right Paul proved to be, for his heretic perversion of Jesus' mission has now become mainstreamChristianity.

As evident from his harangue quoted above,Paul disparaged Jesus' teaching as “repentance from dead works”. But what were the “dead works” Paul denounced ? His rants in his other epistles provide the answer – “works of law”:

“For all who rely on works of the law are cursed” – Galatians 3:10

“For no human will be justified in his sight by works of the law,since through the law comes knowledge of sin” – Rom 3:20

“For we believe that a man is justified by faith even without works of law” – Romans 3:28

The “law” of course being traditional Judaic law which Jesus wholeheartedly supported:

“Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.Truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away not an iota,not a dot will change from the law until all is accomplished.Whoever changes one of the least of the commandments, and teaches men so (e.g. Paul), shall be the least in the Kingdom of heaven” – Mathew 5:17-19

“It is easier for heaven and earth to pass away, than for one dot of the law to become void” – Luke 16:17

1 Like

Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by macof(m): 9:29am On Nov 05, 2014
Shey na today tongue dey inside mouth?
Of course not!

Paul is father of christianity
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Emusan(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

I will comment tomao

You will comment because there's no rules that prevent you to like in Islam section.

Yet none of you can raise alarm that seun should allow others to visit Islam section.

How will you feel if you think something is wrong in the OP but for you to click REPLY a form pop up says:
Are you a Christian?
Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?
Do you believe Jesus died for your sin?
Do you believe Jesus is Lord?

I agree... or No...

Then you click No...and FOREVER you can't reply, quote, or create any thread in this section, how will you feel?

This is what non-Muslims are facing right now in Islam section and you come here with gut to say I WILL COMMENT TOMORROW instead of you to hide yourself somewhere because of INTOLERANCE of Seun.

I comment on a thread yesterday before I know the it was moved to Islam section and you quote my post BUT I COULDN'T reply it because I'm forever BANNED in Islam section SIMPLY because I REJECT Muhammad's claim.
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Rilwayne001: 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
Emusan:

You will comment because there's no rules that prevent you to like in Islam section.
Yet none of you can raise alarm that seun should allow others to visit Islam section.
How will you feel if you think something is wrong in the OP but for you to click REPLY a form pop up says:
Are you a Christian?
Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?
Do you believe Jesus died for your sin?
Do you believe Jesus is Lord?
I agree... or No...

embarassed embarassed Pele embarassed

Then you click No...and FOREVER you can't reply, quote, or create any thread in this section, how will you feel?

I'll either create another moniker and aaccept the condition or mail the mod to please allow me to accept it with my moniker, that is if i can't sleep without posting or opening thrreads here,
There are several other sections on Nairaland (about 20sections), why should I be obsessed and hold seun for restricting me of access to just only one.

If you notice me I stop opening thread on this section because of the restriction...

Seun is the owner of Nairaland and he is responsible for his decision. We all know what you guys do whenever you come to the Islamic Section, you visit the section to insult us by calling us names (terrorist, Bh, and all sort of names like that), some of your minions will even come to open thread that are offensive/provocative. If you guys stop at insulting us alone it would have been okay, but you would go ahead insulting those who we held in high esteem, you are not exempted, you do insult the prophet (saw) insult God almighty thinking you are insulting the name Allah. that alone is enough for me to support seun's decision..

Our threads dont make FP again, why? because of you people offensive words But with the restriction, everything is going on smoothly, is'nt it?

This is what non-Muslims are facing right now in Islam section and you come here with gut to say I WILL COMMENT TOMORROW instead of you to hide yourself somewhere because of INTOLERANCE of Seun.

Must you comment on the islamic section
There are non-muslims that can comment on the section is'nt it?

mazaj accepted the condition, is he a muslim?
other non-muslim dat accepts the condition are they muslims?
Does dat make tthem a muslim?

It is only when you are obsessed with Islam, when you cant do without talking about islam that you will accept the condition. So why crying fowl all around.

Before you entered the IS you rread the instruction that "islam for muslims, even the mods are muslims"
So are you a muslim?
must you comment there?

If its a must then accept the condition...biko undecided

I comment on a thread yesterday before I know the it was moved to Islam section and you quote my post BUT I COULDN'T reply it because I'm forever BANNED in Islam section SIMPLY because I REJECT Muhammad's claim.

Why don't you mail seun about it
Re: Did Paul Invent Christianity? by Emusan(m): 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:
“Therefore let us abandon the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to more maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works but of faith toward God” – Hebrew 6:1

This^^ is probably the most brazen attack by Paul on the Christianity taught by Jesus. In this verse, [size=14pt]Paul had the temerity to imply that Jesus' teaching was immature,[/size] while he, Paul was the smart alec to take Christianity to the next level.How right Paul proved to be, for his heretic perversion of Jesus' mission has now become mainstream Christianity.

Even though I have told you time again and again that Paul isn't the writer of Hebrew YET you never yield to it.
@Bold-Let's see whether the writer of Hebrew abuses Jesus of immaturity or you're the one displaying your ignorance.

"Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God," Heb 6:1 (NIV)

A good English student can apply h/her knowledge here get what the verse is saying, this is the reason I quote NIV for you

As evident from his harangue quoted above,Paul disparaged Jesus' teaching as “repentance from dead works”. But what were the “dead works” Paul denounced ? His rants in his other epistles provide the answer – “works of law”:

“For all who rely on works of the law are cursed” – Galatians 3:10

“For no human will be justified in his sight by works of the law,since through the law comes knowledge of sin” – Rom 3:20

“For we believe that a man is justified by faith even without works of law” – Romans 3:28

I use to say it since Allah is a deceiver and Muhammad believe nothing wrong with lying then Muslims will never stop lying and the TRUE GOD hate lies.

You intentionally accused the writer talking about "WORKS OF LAW" when the NEXT verse provided details of what verse 1 means.
This is verse 1&2 together
"Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,
2. instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.(NIV)

Here the writer talked about:
1. Instruction about baptisms, who gave this instruction? Jesus! Matt 28:19-20
2. The laying on of hands (Baptisms of the Holy Spirit) even though Jesus didn't say it as laying hands, John 7:38-39
3. The resurrection of the dead, did Jesus teach anything like it? YES! Matthew 22:31-32, Mark 12:25-26, Luke 20:35-38, John 5:21-25.
The four Gospels record Jesus teaching the resurrection of the dead, does the writer accuse Jesus? Not only that Jesus teaches resurrection of the dead but Jesus also demonstrated it by raising people from dead.
4. and eternal judgement, who teaches this? Jesus Christ! John 3:18

The “law” of course being traditional Judaic law which Jesus wholeheartedly supported:

“Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away not an iota,not a dot will change from the law until all is accomplished.Whoever changes one of the least of the commandments, and teaches men so (e.g. Paul), shall be the least in the Kingdom of heaven”– Mathew 5:17-19

“It is easier for heaven and earth to pass away, than for one dot of the law to become void”– Luke 16:17

Do they fulfil law or obey law?

I only show you how you misinform your audience in that book of Hebrew you quoted above NOT to talk about the teaching of Apostle Paul on SALVATION THROUGH FAITH.

Paul never slander Law BUT teaches SALVATION BY FAITH, hope you can see the difference?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Do U Know sang this Song? / "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS / Ose Ti Nkan Bale Tan(soap To Use To Open Way When Things Become More Difficult)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.