Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,146 members, 7,953,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:14 PM

Top Nigerian Makeup Artists - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists (138561 Views)

MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) / Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by rubby(f): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2009
hi everyone, just came across this thread, pls can someone help me out with Bayo Haastrup of Ijade Egbin' s address, email, phone or office address? i will be most grateful thanks!
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2009
z
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by iruaku13: 11:12pm On Mar 07, 2009
Hello pple,
i'm a huge fan of tara and i respect her alot she is a source for many young ladies out there including myself. There's nothing beta dan self employment as regards flexibility and time and tara brings it closer n closer to our doorsteps.
Their abuja office was opened today n i was there live i just came back from lagos and rushed to the venue even got a free makeover the best part was that the woman herself and MY GOD!!!! she's so down to earth (whoever said she feels to big).
My friend used her for her wedding n she looked fabulous i love their makeup n they r very friendly pple infact i'm enrolling this coming week.

PS: for the address its
Off Aminu Kano Crescent NOT Ademola Adetokunbo
Wuse 2 abuja
Banex Vom Plaza
Beside FRSC building smiley
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Kewade: 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2009
There are makeup artists and makeup artists,Tara, Banke, lise,Bayo, Divine looks ,Behold Africa, and all others are good makeup artists and More importantly Nigerians ,and should all be praised for their efforts.We all have our differents opinions anyway , I can recommend any of them at any time.Am also a well trained makeup artist.Tara, banke ,Lise, Bayo, Yetunde of behold africa are my mentors ,and i do appreciate some of their good works.Thumbs up guys
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by 2lip: 11:56pm On Mar 16, 2009
be careful what u wish for cos u just might not get it all. many people are carried away by polished pictures and exotic looks without bothering to check out details, please make sure you look before you pick a makeup artist.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by adefaces: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2009
OMG!!!!!!!IF YOU ARE A MAKEUP ARTIST ASPIRING OR SIMPLY LOVE MAKEUP WITH GOOD QUALITY MANUFACTURED IN THE US NOT CHINA LIKE SOME SO CALLED NAIJA MAKEUP ARTIST WITH THEIR CHEAP MAKEUP BRANDS AND PACKAGING.YOURE MISSING OUT. ENI BALOGUN OF LISE BEAUTY RANGE HAS DONE IT AGAIN WITH HER LATEST PRODUCT MAKING HEAVY TIDAL WAVES IN LAGOS AND ABROAD,WITH THE NEW 88 COLOUR EYE SHADOW PALETTE.

GOODNESS THE COLOURS ARE AMAZING AND SO INTENSE, PlS ,JUST TRY IT YOU'LL LOVE IT. HER PRODUCTS ARE EVEN BETTER THAN MAC'''  SEEING IS BELIEVING'', AND THEIR BEAUTY REP PACKAGES ARE NOT BAD AT ALL,MY SALES ARE SO GOOD,ONCE MY CLIENTS TRY LISE BEAUTY PRODUCTS ITS A MUST BUY.

YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT ON HER WEBSITE    WWW.LISEBEAUTYRANGE.COM OR GET YOURS TODAY @ THEIR STUDIO ON 52 AWOLOWO RD ,IKOYI LAGOS.
08098LISEUP OR 08026401985

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by esteriajal: 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2009
Another great make-up artist is hadassah, she is based in owerri. this is her no-08023515568.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by beaudiva: 2:07am On Mar 28, 2009
hi all!i think kudos should still go to tara 'cos she made makeup live in naija but the fact also is that alot of good,unknown makeup artists are comin up real fast.i just finished a well illustrated and practicalised makeup trainig with an unknown makeup artist called RM LOOKS.this lady is goooood.i cant believe i can put brush to one's face the way i do now.am a week old as a makeup artist and am ecstatic cos am feeling like a pro.she still trains and i think there's a major one coming up next month.for those of you interested,i think u should call her on 08051402496, 07027003206 and become a pro like me.kudos to the naija makeup artsts,u guyz r doin guuuud.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by uzwu: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2009
@ beaudiva
Are you trying to advertise yourself? grin
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by uzwu: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2009
So many makeup advertisers grin
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by beaudiva: 12:39am On Mar 31, 2009
uzwu:ease up alright.i dont think there is anything wrong with advertising good work.if u are good,bring it on and you'ld surely be advertised.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by agnesia: 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2009
wow, so many make up artists in disguise, as for me and my friends its Bimpe OGUNMAKIN, She did my bridal make up and i looked so classy, yet natural,she's the best as far as im concerned, anybody needs her services this is her num:08063128118
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by 2lip: 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2009
mon cherie,
   i feel the sky is too large for two birds to collide, and think we should talk less about each other in derogatory ways, it doesnt build but destroy,  whoever you maybe if you are good at what you do, keep doing it, youll get to the top, those that are already at the top shouldnt make climbing to the top impossible for others, either by words or actions. we all have our good and bad sides.

Creativity is a gift.rather than painting others grey.and getting nowhere,spend ur time polishing your gift/ creativity,and you will shine like a star.
ive been in the industry for 3 years and i seriously enjoy what i do, and  passionate about it, i eat , sleep , and dream make-up. cos it is my first love. been priviledged to work with some of the best hands in the industry (modela, blooms-uk,and MBF) .
and have learnt that a make up artist constantly polishes her skills with the latest trends in the industry, and should be professional about his/her jobs.
professionalism is service delivery, what you have to offfer, not what you have to say.  kudos to all hard working make up artist. wink
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by flawlessme: 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2009
Good words said there my sis.

We should give it up to all the artists out there.Sky is the limit for artists in naija.But one thing i'd like to say is as a woman when i see things that are good i do recommend it to others and also give kudos.Ive been an artist for @ least 4and half years now.But i notice a lot of other makeup artist dont upgrade or attend workshops to improve their skills, I recently attended a makeup upgrade class and i was glad i did.Theyre alot of techniques springing up constantly that we dont know about, I learnt 4yrs ago from one of the big names in the industry.But wish i had learnt different.Im not here to make others look bad or advertise for others.But i can proudly say the job i did this past thursday after the upgrade class i took recently was not looking like my work, i mean i impressed myself so much i called my upgrade school up and started praying for her wink.For the 1st time in 4 years i'm too damn proud to be a makeup artist and not share my experience.Dont just learn once ,experience the work of different hands and techniques and improve your skills,get more jobs and be appreciate for your good work,

Anyways if youre interested in the upgrade class,heres the number to call; 08026401985 or 08098547387
Theres a new class coming up, so if youre interested call em up soon

Sky is the limit!!!
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by 2lip: 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2009
Need a Professional Make up artist to cover all your events?
Specialties:
• Bridals,
• Fashion,/pageants,
• Photographers and Models portfolio,
• Glamour and Advertorials,
• Men(masculine)
We are strictly professional, doing our best to please you and leave you with a smile.
Our Rates ;  Affordable, can travel to any location in Nigeria
Contact information ; No1 Oseni close off Modupe Johnson Surulere.
                Phone : 08023332971 or 018983836

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by kendra47: 10:05am On Apr 05, 2009
Hello ever1, and FLAWLESS,great words r spoken about ur comments,
pls let them know sky's the limit>>>>!
just to share my thots as a makeup artist and to let those that are in the state of confusion have a better view @ what we are and what a makeup artist is all about.due to my experience out here in nigeria.I've learnt with quiet a few and i think my skills improved much better @ lise beauty

If u wanna learn the latest trends and techniques in make up,I suggest you try Lise beauty training class .
Because youre training with one of the best with over 10yrs experience and expertise and IN all She is a certified make up artist from New york doing great things and sharing her knowledge and trains her classes herself too ,so u get to ask more than enough questions .

I'm also a lise beauty sales representative:their packages are luvly and they have a fascinating range of products i'm yet to come accross.We all have our fans and likeness,mines is LISE!

Lise beauty Range
52 awolowo rd ikoyi Lagos,08098liseup 0r 08027744016 0r 08026401985
They have a class monthly i think, but it depends on d students, Hv a nice sundy smiley
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by sweetpeas: 10:31am On Apr 07, 2009
@ Allechant makeovers
Do u need that professional, experienced and classy touch to your special events
1.weddings
2. Fashion shows
3. Adverts
4. Tv programmes
5. Any occassions.
We also provide ushers and brides maids
Call 08022935480.
U will be glad you did.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by 2lip: 7:14pm On May 03, 2009
smiley make up is beautiful, simply amazing!!!
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by atunbi1(m): 4:13am On May 15, 2009
nairaland big well well!

Tara herself come talk her grammar, obviously someone told her about the write up her and its good she came to clear the air. Kudos to the guy wey give me the contact details for nigezie. I am now thinking of taking out some slots.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by ruonaj20(f): 12:42pm On May 23, 2009
i giv kudos 2 my boss yetunde of behold africa, she"s 3 much, as 4 me,am good 2, u cn pls get me on 08030674564, or sylviaj20@yahoo.com, en i promise ul neva regret it, tanx,
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Gorgeous3: 8:13pm On May 24, 2009
Makeup artistry in Nigeria has come a loooooong way kudos to Tara and Banke who publicly gave dignity to the art in Nigeria.Im sure there were makeup artists in Nigeria b4 them but they were the 1st known names in Naija,so all kudos to them.Im a lover of makeup,beauty and fashion so im giving my 2kobo on Naija artists round the globe to help any bride or student or celebrant out there.This is solely my opiinion annd i dont know any of the artists personally.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Gorgeous3: 8:49pm On May 24, 2009
1.Tara(Nigeria): one of the pioneers in Naija is a born motivational speaker and excellent teacher.I think she's not done makeup for clients in a while because of her products and brand so her makeup isnt that bunz but her students and assistants are very good.7/10

2.Banke(Nigeria): She's very good with her work though she tends to make everyone look alike but i guess its what works for her.Quite pricey but worth it.8/10

3.Unveil(Nigeria):She's good too but her brows to me come off too sharply arched but overall she's good.5/10

4.Divine Looks(Nigeria):Chidinma is very very good and her geles are simply gorgeous like my name, =0).8/10

5.Crystal Eyez(USA):Bisi Dada Essien is fantastic with makeup but her gele is just there.Be sure to give her a pic of the look you want as she's really into high fashion looks.6/10

6.Kemi Makeovers(UK):Kemi is very very good with her artistry and her geles are superb as well .Her makeup applicationis near flawless, 8/10

7.Segun Gele(USA):Thi guy is the gele maestro himself and can tie anything out of a gele.His headgears 9/10 makeup 5/10.

8.Modella,Ijade Egbin,Bimpe Ogunmakin e.t.c(Nigeria):For your high fashion makeup for runway/catwalk,they are the ones to turn to 7/10.

9.Lise:She is good too but i think she's quite unprofessional considering her face-off with Banke about products in City People a while ago.I mean its obvious you get your products from the same company so why the beef Lise??6/10.

10.BeyondFaces,Ewar:They're also good.6/10

My personal opinion people.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by adefaces: 12:15pm On May 31, 2009
Hi, Gorgeous, Nuff said about the artists in naija and all the makeup artist out there.They r all really good & all very creative with their signature styles,This is starting point for them.Obviously you dont live in Naija or in Lagos so I think its really unethical to judge and score them based on wat u think,which i presume @ least a few pple here can really look deep on your scores and know who u really r.Do we know u or how professional u are to judge others? You are really a bad example if u r a professional makeup artist. People like u are the ones that try to kill other makeup artists image, I have other makeup artist that i like too,Banke,lise,unveil,ewar & many more,they all have their styles,products and personality and their customers love them for who they are!
That was ur opinion,but who r u to judge,This is their 9-5 jobs not a competition. sad
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Toniahat(f): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2009
Hi,everyone,please does anyone know of a nice makeup school in Abuja,apart from the new house of Tara?
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by mrsb(f): 10:24am On Jun 01, 2009
Banke is def the best and a really nice person too.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Pepeye(f): 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2009
Bayo Haastrup isn't bad
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Ese4lyf: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2009
Ewar is also very good.  Her makeup is very subtle, yet brings your natural beauty to the fore.  I did my training under her and I learnt a lot, eventhough I'm yet to break even.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by mercy1986: 11:46am On Jun 08, 2009
banke or no banke, i dont no her and i have never see her in any Nigeria Makeup Artists tongue shocked
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by ruonaj20(f): 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2009
i give kudos 2 my boss.behold africa, tara is good 2, but u can try me, call me on 08030674564
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by noria(f): 3:49am On Jun 12, 2009
yes we shuld encourage young onoe u can try beautycook.her no is 08055519211,08025118559or her face book page aotese@yahoo.com,omontese akhetuamen[center][/center][img][/img]
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Gorgeous3: 11:16am On Jun 12, 2009
AdeFaces, i'll address your points accordingly.
1)I am based in Nigeria,i travel the world on jobs and im a wedding planner and makeup lover hence my slightly indepth knowledge of the wedding industry in Nigeria and Nigerian makeup artists. smiley
2)I just looked through the thread and clearly noted you highlighted LISE in all your entries.You're either LISE herself or her staff.
3)I've met Lise on one occassion and truthfully i dont have anything against her.I felt forums like this were meant for one to write their honest personal opinions, prove me wrong,
3a)Im an ardent reader of City People(no apologies) and came across the writeup,did my lil research and felt LISE was unprofessional.
4)Anybody anywhere can use any vendor or makeup artists they deem fit these are my PERSONALLLLLL OPINION.
5)You talk about judging and defaming people's image?? (that was very wrong of you-i gave my PERSONAL FEEDBACK NOT JUDGEMENT!!!.Exactly what did you try to do with your thread about Tara and that response to TJFaces??
6)Im not a makeup artist ,dont dream to be one but i respect them all.I respect people that go for their dreams.
7)Through the advanced help of technology and internet though im based in Naija,Facebook allows me to view makeup artists portfolios through their profile.

In essence people whoever you choose to go for concerning makeup,ask for their portfolios and if still in doubt ask for a makeup trial/consultation.

AdeFaces, I've been given constructive feedback in my 10 years of wedding planning and do you know what i sit and assess he feedback and run with the ideas that makes sense to me not cry wolf, , na wa o, grin
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Gorgeous3: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2009
*TJFaces= Tj372000.oops!!

AdeFaces, you actually tainted Banke,Tara and Beyond Faces' reputation on your page 2 thread and you're talking, ohmydays!!, grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. / Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / Want Hair Growth? Use Weed: !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.