Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process (113468 Views)

Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by LondonCool(m): 3:26am On Mar 29, 2015
Century106,

Thanks for sharing your building project. I am about to commence work on my 5 Bedroom bungalow project very soon.

I will also open a thread to share the progress and get advice from the experts here.

Well done !
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by micbjrex(m): 4:52am On Mar 29, 2015
century106:

I will get back to you on number of trips of sharp sand - need to consult my expense log book.

A total of 162 bags of cement and 5 trips of gravel was used from foundation, to block work, lintel, 3 courses on top of lintel for internal walls and 2 courses for outer walls and for casting of German flooring. A total of 21 + 2 (on the plot) trips of sharp sand was used for block work and block molding, I will get back to you on the number trips for just block work, lintel and German floor.

I molded 169 bags of cement; 28 blocks per bag for 6" solid and 32 blocks on the average for 5" solid block - I was after strong and solid blocks not quantity. You can mold up to 40 blocks per bag for 5" if you want, people do that. So about 5,200 blocks were made, I have about 150 left. So the building consumed 5,000 -- 5,100 blocks from foundation to roofing...

Thanks for your prayers. May my God bless you
. Century106......please give the trips of sand and trips of gravel in tonne (trips of 5 or 10 ton)
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 7:50am On Mar 29, 2015
micbjrex:
. Century106......please give the trips of sand and trips of gravel in tonne (trips of 5 or 10 ton)
For the sand: 7.5 ton. The gravel is in the 10.

LondonCool:
Century106,
Thanks for sharing your building project. I am about to commence work on my 5 Bedroom bungalow project very soon.
I will also open a thread to share the progress and get advice from the experts here.
Well done !
Thanks. The secret is starting it, then watch as God provides you with everything you need to bring your project to a tasteful finish... I will watch out for your thread soon.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by DBAO: 8:48am On Mar 29, 2015
Good work but I always advice German floor to be done before continuation of the block, to prevent lower part of the walls becoming damp and to prevent crack around d edges of rooms..

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by micbjrex(m): 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
@century106......how many trips of 7.5 ton sand did you use from foundation to level ( leave out the trips for moulding)?
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by dgitrader(m): 6:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nice one Op, my eyes have just been opened to the resourcefulness of whole solid blocks and as well as self moulded blocks. I love your concepts. Presently sharing them with my architect right now. If I had know some of ur concepts on blocks+foundation laying, I would have saved over 200k from my last project.
More strength to your elbows. May God continue to bless your efforts.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2015
DBAO:
Good work but I always advice German floor to be done before continuation of the block, to prevent lower part of the walls becoming damp and to prevent crack around d edges of rooms..
Thanks and for the advice too. The way this was done was thought through and given that the land is dry, I agreed to go this way...

dgitrader:
Nice one Op, my eyes have just been opened to the resourcefulness of whole solid blocks and as well as self moulded blocks. I love your concepts. Presently sharing them with my architect right now. If I had know some of ur concepts on blocks+foundation laying, I would have saved over 200k from my last project.
More strength to your elbows. May God continue to bless your efforts.
Thanks a lot and may God bless your efforts too and see your project to a very tasteful and exquisite finish. I will mold blocks for any project of mine, any day. You will get better, strong blocks, less wastage and good account for your spending.

micbjrex:
@century106......how many trips of 7.5 ton sand did you use from foundation to level ( leave out the trips for moulding)?
No vex for me abeg, I still need to consult my expense log book to determine number of trips for works from foundation to level - I'm far from where I can get that until Wednesday. But let's do a guesstimate; a trip of sand was usually used to mold 10 - 12 bags of cements and I molded 169 bags. So approximately 15 - 16 trips was used for block molding so 7 trips was used for the work from foundation blinding, block work, German floor, lintel, to level. Hope this helps
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by micbjrex(m): 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2015
thank you century106......appreciated
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 10:43am On May 12, 2015
To the glory of God, work on the parapet (fascia cornice) has started. Went wood shopping yesterday and that's the design I chose. Simple eh?
After costing, I'd be spending N480,000 for the entire parapet work. But I have an open mind for a little extra should anything come up during the work.

Ebube dike

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:38am On May 15, 2015
Start of day 3: parapet wood work

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 4:13pm On May 22, 2015
Parapet construction done! Thank God.
Next stage: Roofing
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by freshvine(f): 7:45pm On May 22, 2015
Keenly following. Congrats
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by MANGAM(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2015
I don mis many tins o. Never too late anyway
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by olumidazz: 12:56am On May 30, 2015
Well done guy keep it up
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:23am On Jun 04, 2015
MANGAM:
I don mis many tins o. Never too late anyway
olumidazz:
Well done guy keep it up
freshvine:
Keenly following. Congrats
Thanks all. @MANGAM, it's never too late my brother
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:24am On Jun 04, 2015
The Roofing woodwork started yesterday (03/06/2015) - thank God

The height of the roof is going to be 20ft (it's high, I know but appropriate for this house). Meanwhile the parameter (100 by 150ft) fencing is on going and plans are under way to start the BQ sooon. The BQ will be a two unit of 1 bedroom apartment designed by me.

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:38am On Jun 04, 2015
The BQ floor plan

3 Likes

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
century106:
The BQ floor plan

Century106, I like this BQ design.. What is the external dimensions of the BQ building?
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by NL1960: 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
century106:
The BQ floor plan

I noticed that the toilets are being accessed from the halls. Any reason for this?. I thought they could have been accessed from the bedrooms.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by skyps(m): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nice job bro. Can 5m possibly complete this your building from the foundation excluding BQ?
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
NL1960:

I noticed that the toilets are being accessed from the halls. Any reason for this?. I thought they could have been accessed from the bedrooms.

I guess so that the Visitors can also use it.. since it's not en-suite.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2015
mufutau55:

Century106, I like this BQ design.. What is the external dimensions of the BQ building?
Thanks.

Hajji M.
The external dimensions are 47ft by 35 1/2ft sir. It can be modified to contain only 1 unit of 1 bedroom flat and a self contained unit to give a dimension of about 43 by 20ft

NL1960:

Hajji already gave you the right and only reason for the position of the toilets.

skyps:
Nice job bro. Can 5m possibly complete this your building from the foundation excluding BQ?
Excluding the BQ 5m will complete the main building, a little more you will get a more standard finish...

Thanks all
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by NL1960: 10:20am On Jun 05, 2015
century106:
The external dimensions are 47ft by 35 1/2ft sir. It can be modified to contain only 1 unit of 1 bedroom flat and a self contained unit to give a dimension of about 43 by 20ft

Hajji already gave you the right and only reason for the position of the toilets.

Excluding the BQ 5m will complete the main building, a little more you will get a more standard finish...

Thanks all

How much can possibly complete this BQ as it is. I like the design.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 11:51am On Jun 05, 2015
NL1960:

How much can possibly complete this BQ as it is. I like the design.
1.5 to 2M should give it a good finish. Less money can do the job too but with minimal finishing...
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 4:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
century106:
It can be modified to contain only 1 unit of 1 bedroom flat and a self contained unit to give a dimension of about 43 by 20ft.

Thanks for the dimensions. Do you happen to have the above modification handy.. I will appreciate it if you do. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
century106:
1.5 to 2M should give it a good finish. Less money can do the job too but with minimal finishing...

You sure about this cost.. if so, it will be real nice. Please don't forget to give us the cost analysis of your BQ when the project starts.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
mufutau55:

You sure about this cost.. if so, it will be real nice. Please don't forget to give us the cost analysis of your BQ when the project starts.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
I'll be sure to update the cost every step of the way when the BQ construction takes off after the completion of the roofing work on the main building...
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
century106:

I'll be sure to update the cost every step of the way when the BQ construction takes off after the completion of the roofing work on the main building...

Thank you sir. We can surely learn from it.

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by skyps(m): 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
Patiently waiting to know the cost of roofing

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2015
skyps:
Patiently waiting to know the cost of roofing
On a good day soon, I will update the cost so far, but I have spent N351,500 N358,240 already on roofing woods, N20,200 on 4 & 3" nails... The carpenters charged N150,000 for woodwork, ceiling nogging, installation of roofing sheets and pvc in some rooms

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by skyps(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
century106:

On a good day soon, I will update the cost so far, but I have spent N351,500 already on roofing woods. The carpenters charged N150,000 for woodwork, ceiling nogging, installation of roofing sheets and pvc in some rooms

Thanks for the reply bro, God bless you. It appears the entire roofing will consume a million plus
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 6:52am On Jun 07, 2015
skyps:

Thanks for the reply bro, God bless you. It appears the entire roofing will consume a million plus
Yes and I'm hoping it doesn't pass 1.5M... I will be using metcoppo for the roofing. Thanks and God bless you too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? / The History Of Stamped Concrete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.