Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? (4598 Views)

Synagogue: Fashola Orders Church Staff Out / Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Thugnificent(m): 7:55am On Nov 07, 2014
Dapo777:

So God is not powerful enough to prevent the collapse? You are such a lunatic.

I am very sure you must have attributed it to God Fr the few that survived,and dismissed the other people that died and say It's God's plan. Isn't it?

Anyway God doesn't dwell in temples made by man. He dwells in temples made by themselves. grin
What I'm trying to say sir, is that the negligence of the contractors that tragically led to the collapse of the structure could have been avoided . what happened to the church building could happen to a w/hore house or a strip club. the key words here is HUMAN ERROR. calling me a lunatic won't change this fact. God is not mocked, what ever a man sows that shall he reap. RIP to the dead.
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Thugnificent(m): 7:56am On Nov 07, 2014
urheme:

people got killed because they were negligent with their lives, faith in religion or in a pastor is not faith in God, reasoning enhance faith and not the other way round, most religious followers do not think because they have been hypnotised.

man was born to die some days and this should not be attributed to God's anger when a death is tragic, as for tb Joshua and his contractors who have raised substandard buildings in the name of god should not go unpunished for they have breech the laws of our land.

as to the dead, I will say tb Joshua has no contract with any one of then whatsoever, they were in the collapsed building by chance and by their own illegal and voluntary movement, they were looking for god and so they have found god.

answer---a sky dweller does not exist but God exist.

don't ask me for proves.
You took the words right out of my mouth sir +100
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by urheme: 7:59am On Nov 07, 2014
Dapo777:

So God is not powerful enough to prevent the collapse? You are such a lunatic.

I am very sure you must have attributed it to God Fr the few that survived,and dismissed the other people that died and say It's God's plan. Isn't it?

Anyway God doesn't dwell in temples made by man. He dwells in temples made by themselves. grin

it is not God duty's to Prevent buildings from collapsing , it is man's duty. what make you think that a church building with a faulty foundation cannot collapse because it is use for worship?, yes God is not powerful enough to prevent a substandard building whose design and specification runs foul to lay down rules and regulations from collapsing.

God has nothing to do with the tragedy.
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by urheme: 8:08am On Nov 07, 2014
plaetton:

Both are tragedies. Both were caused by wicked men who put profit ahead of lives .
But what makes a church building collapse much more intriguing is that it is supposed to be a sanctuary where people come to feel the presence, the protective power of a loving god.

The tragedy raises serious questions about what we believe, what people are being sold by pulpit p.I.MPs.
If god that you beseech every hour cannot save a person, a believer, from such a horrific and embarrassing death, then what can God really do for you on this earth.

Who needs god, and why?

the god within you is sufficient, you don't need any other god wink
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 07, 2014
plaetton:
@ Reyginus,
What I asking is; by all accounts, shouldn't this tragedy be the bona fide obituary of god?

For, in this tragedy, I saw that mangled corpse of god along with the unlucky 115.
I am wondering if others saw it as well.

But my surprise and shock is that rather than a befitting obituary and requiem for god, My fellow country men have to slay , mutilate and drag the mangled corpse of reason as necessary sacrifice to keep god alive.

To the frank with you, this statement makes little sense. You are not telling me how the actions of one man suggest the extermination of some reality but simply appealing to easy emotions.

Come with something better because the above says nothing rational enough for any generalization.
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 07, 2014
plaetton:

Just kidding.
I avoid mind altering drugs, like religion.
I also avoid drugs altering minds, like irrational deductions.

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 07, 2014
musKeeto:

I get this post. Does this make me gay?
Lol. Make me understand.
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by plaetton: 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
Reyginus:
To the frank with you, this statement makes little sense. You are not telling me how the actions of one man suggests the extermination of some reality but simply appealing to easy emotions.

Come with something better because the above says nothing rational enough for any generalization.
Yes of course.
Take pharmaceutical drugs for example.
Pharmaceutical companies formulate and are supposed put new drugs, no matter how potentially efficacious, to vigorous levels of methodical testing before the drug is approved for safety and general distribution to the public.

Once in a while we get cases where a particular drug, formulated for the treatment of one ailment, is found to cause more serous ailments.
In these cases, the drug is immediately withdrawn from the market. In other words, the drug, even with hyped potentials, is allowed to die.
It only takes one or a few cases of fatality to pull a dangerous drug off the market.

So in this analogous situation , since the belief in God's protection has been found to have zero efficacy in protecting people from dasasters and calamities, and also has been documented to have very adverse side effects( in this case, a horrific death ) to the consumers of this god drug, would you, or should members of the public be encouraged to continue to consume this non efficacious and potentially hazardous god drug?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Dopeyomi(m): 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
plaetton:

Yes of course.
Pharmaceutical companies formulate and are supposed put new drugs, no matter how potentially efficacious, to vigorous levels of methodical testing before the drug is approved for safety and general distribution to the public.

Once in a while we get cases where a particular drug, formulated for the treatment of one ailment, is found to cause more serous ailments.
In these cases, the drug is immediately withdrawn from the market. In other words, the drug, even with hyped potentials, is allowed to die.
It only takes one or a few cases of fatality to pull a dangerous drug off the market.

So in this analogous situation , since the belief in God's protection has been found to have zero efficacy in protecting people from dasasters and calamities, and also has been documented to have very adverse side effects( in this case, a horrific death ) to the consumers of this god drug, would you, or should members of the public be encouraged to continue to consume this non efficacious and potentially hazardous god drug?

The son of Man comparing God with drugs!

Ju̶̲̥̲̣̅̊st like when yσυ compare Real s*x with m*sturbat*on shocked

Well I've stopped arguing with atheist coz its a waste of time #just passing tHo.. Buh decided to say Hi to my boss #Pr0ton

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Pr0ton: 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
Reyginus:
I also avoid drugs altering minds, like irrational deductions.

what irrational deductions? Advising you stop using a tested and debunked drug that's destroying your common sense?

Only a madman would behave like this. Perhaps the damage in his common sense caused by this drug is too chronic to be cured. And I don't wanna believe you are this man... Think!

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Pr0ton: 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dopeyomi:

The son of Man comparing God with drugs!

Ju̶̲̥̲̣̅̊st like when yσυ compare Real s*x with m*sturbat*on shocked

Well I've stopped arguing with atheist coz its a waste of time #just passing tHo.. Buh decided to say Hi to my boss #Pr0ton

Oga mi.. Long time cheesy
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
plaetton:

Yes of course.

You still have yet to justify your earlier assertion. Let me help you with your analogy.

Our pharmaceutical company on detection of a drug complicating even more the original complications, withdrew the the ones in the market not because they have been prooved to be also dangerous nor otherwise but because they do not know how they will react with the human system. I will explain further.

The reason for withdrawing the other ones already in the market is not because they are dangerous but because they also may be, and to help their business, they had to let the drug die a natural death.

If you were able to read between the lines, you'd have seen that the same way demanding the retraction of the drugs does not entail bad drugs suggesting the death of God because of a bad product of his doesn't entail a dead God. Try to pay attention to your analogy.

A more honest analogy would have been with a company known for manufacturing fake drugs and other companies in the market doing a good job.
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Dopeyomi(m): 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pr0ton:

Oga mi.. Long time cheesy

Sir na lowkey tinz o..

We ju̶̲̥̲̣̅̊st d̶̲̅ε̲̣y manage for here ni.. How Your̶̲̥̅̊ side na
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Pr0ton: 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dopeyomi:

Sir na lowkey tinz o..

We ju̶̲̥̲̣̅̊st d̶̲̅ε̲̣y manage for here ni.. How Your̶̲̥̅̊ side na

My side na managing things too... Still UI things
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Dopeyomi(m): 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pr0ton:

My side na managing things too... Still UI things

Ui keh! Yσυ d̶̲̅ε̲̣y mind tha̶̲̥̅̊t yeye school

Giving admission to people tha̶̲̥̅̊t scored 50 and leaving the ones with higher scores with nothing..

My brother i don relocate to PolyIbadan.. I no fit stay for house again
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Pr0ton: 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dopeyomi:

Ui keh! Yσυ d̶̲̅ε̲̣y mind tha̶̲̥̅̊t yeye school

Giving admission to people tha̶̲̥̅̊t scored 50 and leaving the ones with higher scores with nothing..

My brother i don relocate to PolyIbadan.. I no fit stay for house again

lol... Me still #fighting
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pr0ton:

what irrational deductions? Advising you stop using a tested and debunked drug that's destroying your common sense?

Only a madman would behave like this. Perhaps the damage in his common sense caused by this drug is too chronic to be cured. And I don't wanna believe you are this man... Think!
Lol. Please help me answer. Can you say a law is dead because a person failed to obey it?
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Dopeyomi(m): 7:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pr0ton:

lol... Me still #fighting

For Ui

Is there more list to come
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by plaetton: 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
Reyginus:
Lol. Please help me answer. Can you say a law is dead because a person failed to obey it?

What a false analogy.

The drug analogy is the best analogy.
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by wiegraf: 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
Err, mr thugnificient, whose god can do no wrong, who created man?
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Pr0ton: 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
Reyginus:

Lol. Your illustration doesn't fit in the argument. It only favors your view. The drug illustration is useful as it gives a clear analogy of the use of God.

You discard a drug when you notice it doesn't work for what you deem it ought to work for. You see it as incompatible with your illness. Same thing goes with God. When you use Him and doesn't work, He's not compatible with the problem, and He needs to be discarded. But when you persist in the use of the same drug, your only doing more harm to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Pr0ton: 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dopeyomi:

For Ui

Is there more list to come

I dunno if there'll be more list. I've already made up my mind to take the next JAMB
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Thugnificent(m): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
wiegraf:
Err, mr thugnificient, whose god can do no wrong, who created man?
lol is that the trick question?
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
plaetton:

What a false analogy.

The drug analogy is the best analogy.
Lolol. Tell me, why is it false? And also try to deal with other areas I commented on.
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pr0ton:

Lol. Your illustration doesn't fit in the argument. It only favors your view. The drug illustration is useful as it gives a clear analogy of the use of God.

You discard a drug when you notice it doesn't work for what you deem it ought to work for. You see it as incompatible with your illness. Same thing goes with God. When you use Him and doesn't work, He's not compatible with the problem, and He needs to be discarded. But when you persist in the use of the same drug, your only doing more harm to yourself.
Lol. Let me follow your suggestion like I followed plaetton's.

Do you discard every type of a particular drug in the market when you notice that the one you bought is fake? As in, would you push for the destruction of Paracetamol in the market because a particular brand of Paracetamol you bought doesn't work for you?
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Dopeyomi(m): 8:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pr0ton:

I dunno if there'll be more list. I've already made up my mind to take the next JAMB

⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴̴͡k⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ bro!

Like yσυ do say we've got to take charge of ourselves..

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by plaetton: 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
Reyginus:

Do you discard every type of a particular drug in the market when you notice that the one you bought is fake? As in, would you push for the destruction of Paracetamol in the market because a particular brand of Paracetamol you bought doesn't work for you?
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by plaetton: 9:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
Reyginus:

Correction.
We are talking here about god, the cure-all drug.

Let me give you another drug example.

Let's say that are being persuaded to buy this drug being sold and promoted as being able able to cure an entire host of deadly diseases, as well being used for inoculation against measles.

But before you buy the drug , you witness right before you that people who had already used the drug were getting measles at an alarming rate. Some had even contracted other diseases that ensured a very painful and agonising death.

So, would you be insane enough to go ahead with taking this drug, or would you, your family and your friends run far far away from it?

If the drug doesn't cure or help prevent any illness, should that drug not be allowed to die, and company allowed to go bankrupt?

Pls answer, and stop your usual rigmarole.
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Pr0ton: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
Reyginus:

I initially didn't want to reply your post, but I later felt like.

Well then.

The particular brand of Paracetamol is God. So what other brand(s) do we have?

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by wiegraf: 11:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
Thugnificent:
lol is that the trick question?

No. Do you have an answer?
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by Thugnificent(m): 1:06am On Nov 08, 2014
wiegraf:

No. Do you have an answer?
of course I do Wiegraf, God (Yahweh ) created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him male and female he created them.
Re: Synagogue Tragedy: The Obituary Of God Or The Obituary Of Common Sense? by wiegraf: 2:53am On Nov 08, 2014
Thugnificent:
of course I do Wiegraf, God (Yahweh ) created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him male and female he created them.

Then he abandoned them. That's not responsible, is it? So why are you blaming this solely on man? Especially considering your version of the creator, which is omnixx.x?

Let's see, I create an earthquake, (proxy or no even,) it kills a couple of hapless folk. I now bear no responsibility?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Sunday For C/s Members,prophet G O Fakeye Is Dead Founder C&s Churh Ayo Ni / The Garden Of Eden Is In This EXACT Location. Secrets Declassified. / Tupac Speaks On Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.