Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] (1843 Views)

This Photo Caused A Huge Debate On Facebook...lol / A Debate On "Sex Before Marriage" / #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by msmon(m): 7:14am On Nov 07, 2014
Hey Romancelander,

This is the first edition of Relationship Debate On Nairaland that will come our way every Fridays, it's a debating thread open to comment from male or female, singles or married. This week's topic of debate is Who Plays The Bigger Role In A Successful Relationship?

WINNER
The person whose comment has the most likes & shares will be adjudged winner of this debate and such comment will be quoted in the next edition.

Being the first edition, I'm reserving the FTC space for Seun Osewa for coming up with this incredible website and I'm strongly looking forward to his comment which will be quoted in the FC space. I'm sorry if that upset the actual person who will comment first on this thread.

Who Plays The Bigger Role In a Successful Relationship?

Please keep your comment simple with valid point(s).

Let's set the ball rolling!
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by msmon(m): 7:15am On Nov 07, 2014
This space is reserved for Seun, please don't trespass.
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by kilokeys(m): 7:18am On Nov 07, 2014
out of respect for d op. lets get ds ball rolling in d right direction.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Speakdatruth: 7:28am On Nov 07, 2014
kilokeys:
out of respect for d op. lets get ds ball rolling in d right direction.
kip wetin rollin? he iz fvckin wastin his time. debate fire!

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by LadyCaty(f): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 07, 2014
charlie are you sure abouh ths.
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by LaurelP(m): 7:40am On Nov 07, 2014
The man
He's the provider, and the protector
Sacrifices much but gets little

1 Like

Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by decode55(m): 7:45am On Nov 07, 2014
in Nigeria, males do basically "everything" in the relationship.

Well, na for those wey dey date sha tongue

Commitment is scary as _shit & sucks like hell undecided

Obviously not for me

1 Like

Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 07, 2014
Will be back to comment.
*runs off*
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 07, 2014
Thank god i catch u here Hava na shey u still day vess with me ni
LadyCaty:
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 07, 2014
ehm lols this guy funny o debate keep

anyways make i day wan corner day observe as they say never despise a little beginning
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Mynd44: 8:00am On Nov 07, 2014
undecided
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 07, 2014
like if you think this debate is a waste of time and mb
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by rawpadgin(m): 8:09am On Nov 07, 2014
definitely the man
whilst both party have roles to play, the man apparently is expected to play the vital roles

here are some reasons to back up my stance:

HE MAKES THE FIRST MOVES- if he doesn't toast the lady there won't be any relationship in the first place

HE MAKES DECISIONS- his decisions are so important, that's why he has to be careful with every decision he makes because his decision will either make or break his relationship

HE IS EXPECTED TO PROVIDE FOR HIS FAMILY AGAINST ALL ODD- often times we hear people say " a man that can't provide for his family is not worthy to have one in the first place, yet we have never heard of anybody saying a woman that can't provide or support his family financially is not worthy to be a wife
& I have seen cases where women file for divorce because the man lost his job, hence couldn't provide for his family but i haven't heard that a man file for divorce because his wife couldn't provide or support the family

HE IS EXPECTED TO BE THE FOCAL POINT OF THEIR SEX LIFE- we all know a perfect sex life goes a long way in strengthening relationship, the man is expected to initiate sex & to satisfy his lady even if it means taking Vega or alomo grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by LadyCaty(f): 8:41am On Nov 07, 2014
samflexxy:
Thank god i catch u here Hava na shey u still day vess with me ni

Am nt bt dnt form d habit of saying wat u dnt knw..
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 07, 2014
LadyCaty:

Am nt bt dnt form d habit of saying wat u dnt knw..
ok ma'am grin

How was your night
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by msmon(m): 9:24am On Nov 07, 2014
I agrEe with you.
To the those who book space, derail and criticize the thread, thanks so much.
rawpadgin:
definitely the man
whilst both party have roles to play, the man apparently is expected to play the vital roles

here are some reasons to back up my stance:

HE MAKES THE FIRST MOVES- if he doesn't toast the lady there won't be any relationship in the first place

HE MAKES DECISIONS- his decisions are so important, that's why he has to be careful with every decision he makes because his decision will either make or break his relationship

Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by LadyCaty(f): 9:31am On Nov 07, 2014
samflexxy:
ok ma'am grin

How was your night

It ws kul urs?
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Mprex(f): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2014
Op na so them dey do debate for your school? undecided

I thought that when a topic is given, those that are "for" or "against" the topic will do the debating
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by sexymoma(f): 9:38am On Nov 07, 2014
Na dis kind thread i dey like winkharborsede. come o.. come put mouth cheesy

1 Like

Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by YungwizzzyPt7: 9:40am On Nov 07, 2014
[size=34pt]Abeg who get toothpaste for here? [/size]
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by msmon(m): 9:42am On Nov 07, 2014
You are right?
The idea is if you choose MAN, it automatically mean that you said "Man Play A Bigger Role In a Successful Relationship" and vice versa. Then, you will raise points to support you stance
You may need to check my signature
I appreciate your comment though but the bold statement make you sound arrogant.
Mprex:
Op na so them dey do debate for your school? undecided

I thought that when a topic is given, those that are "for" or "against" the topic will do the debating
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by cuteniva: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2014
IMO I tink both parties make it work because d relationship won't b successful if both of dem don't agree on d same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by msmon(m): 9:57am On Nov 07, 2014
You have a good point but you have to be specific.
cuteniva:
IMO I tink both parties make it work because d relationship won't b successful if both of dem don't agree on d same thing.
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 07, 2014
LadyCaty:

It ws kul urs?
it was kinda rocky I dreamt I was the president of naija ut I was forced to wake up with my roomiez loud and thunderous snoring
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 07, 2014
LadyCaty:

It ws kul urs?
it was kinda rocky I dreamt I was the president of naija but I was forced to wake up with my roomiez loud and thunderous snoring
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 07, 2014
YungwizzzyPt7:
[size=34pt]Abeg who get toothpaste for here? [/size]
and sponge
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by Tallesty1(m): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2014
msmon:
This space is reserved for Seun, please don't trespass.
Typing
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by FLAWLES(f): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2014
debate? for NAIRALAND? ok
Re: Relationship Debate On Nairaland [Episode 1] by cuteniva: 10:28am On Nov 07, 2014
msmon:
You have a good point but you have to be specific.
ok take 4 instance they both have 2 feel something 4 each other b4 they can date. love is reciprocal. There will b no successful relationship without love,trust n commitment. It doesn't mata if d guy provides or d girl slips wit d guy every nw n den

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Girls / Criteria Required To Marry Ladies Across Nigeria Tribes / Why Are Women Attracted To Men In Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.