Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life (2375 Views)

Ladies, Different Types Of....... You May Encounter In Your Life Time / 6 Toxic Relationship Habits Most People Think Are Healthy / 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by lalasticlala(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
Below are 6 types of Toxic friends that we will encounter in life:

1. The Promise Breaker

This friend constantly disappoints you or breaks promises, most likely because he/she herself was constantly disappointed during their formative years. Your friend is unable to stop him/herself from repeating that pattern. It is an annoying but comfortable pattern for your friend,and without psychological help, it may be hard for her or him to alter this pattern. You could abandon the friend and the friendship, or you could find a way to detach yourself by lowering your expectations for this friendship.

2. The Double-crosser

This negative friend betrays you big-time. It could happen when someone does something to hurt you, such as spreading a malicious rumor about you. Or it could be an emotional double-cross; for example, when a close or best friend stops speaking to you and you never find out why.

3. The Self-absorbed

Certainly the Self-absorbed is a tamer type of negative friend than the Risk-taker. Still, especially over the long haul, a friend who does not make the time to listen to you will eat away at your self-esteem. For you to feel good about yourself, and for your friendship to thrive, you have to be more than a sounding board. The Self-absorbed does not care; she listens to you only because she is waiting to speak...LOL

4. The Discloser

When you say to this friend, "This is just between us," she nods her head but unfortunately that promise will last only as long as it takes her to get to her phone or e-mail. Although there should be an assumption of confidentiality and trust between friends, this friend can't help herself. Telling this person a secret makes her feel vulnerable and uncomfortable. Like the game "hot potato," she has to pass the hot secret along to someone else in order to relieve the anxiety knowing the secret made her feel. There are also some Disclosers who simply have a big mouth. If someone you know has this personality trait, avoid telling her your innermost secrets .

5. The Competitor

A little bit of competition is healthy and to be expected. An appropriate amount of competition will motivate and stimulate. But too much competition between friends starts to destroy the friendship. One of the primary ingredients in a positive friendship is that one or both friends feel that they can be "themselves" and that they don't have to put on airs or impress one another. Competition implies a race in which one wins and the other loses; those conditions are quite the opposite of what someone typically expects in a positive friendship, especially a close or best one.

6. The Fault-finder

Nothing you do, say, or wear is good enough for this overly critical friend. The Fault-finder was probably raised by extremely judgmental parents who were also rearing equally hypercritical siblings. Being criticized during her formative years laid the groundwork for an overly critical adult. It's a hard trait to reverse, and your friend may even be unaware that she is so critical or that it annoys and upsets you so much. Before labeling this type of friendship as hopelessly destructive, you might want to see if your friend could recognize this excessively derogatory behavior and, with time and help, change that orientation. Otherwise, you may decide that you just have to accept this trait in your friend and realize that it reflects on her, not on you or your friendship.

Which of these toxic friends are you harbouring right now?
Do you belong to any group?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT-DqubButo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT-DqubButo#

Source : http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2014/11/toxic-friends-you-may-encounter.html?m=1
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hmmmmmm ok
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
Oya o
Let them nairaland girls come and lie of how they are selfless and flawless without any of the above points
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by iceberylin(m): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
deb6:
Hmmmmmm ok
what kind of boring comment is this
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
I am a fault-finder butttt I criticise responsibly.
__ and I think I'm surrounded by a lot of competitors. I don't know if it's intentional or not but, I just don't dig unnecessary competition.

iceberylin:

what kind of boring comment is this

your annoyance is that, she took yo spot ba?
__and she didn't even make good use of it...I can imagine how annoying that must be...lol

1 Like

Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by bustyhelen(f): 2:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
98% women r number 4, the discloser
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
folly65:

Oya o
Let them nairaland girls come and lie of how they are selfless and flawless without any of the above points

Why do people like you just believe that no one can ever be perfect or at least try to , it amazes me.
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
Land For Rent...Interested Applicants...
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
this guy always make FP...
this guys always makes FP...
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by diksucker(f): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
D DOUBLE CROSSER! I once had such as a girlfrnd. i gave ha a vivid description of how massively huge my ex was down there and how good he waz wit it. she said i de try o, dat she doesnt like it huge dat she prefers it smal or moderate. i waz shocked to meet her in my ex guys house one wk end lik dat. she waz on a nite gown, she obviously had slept ova to taste d huge pipe she claimed she detests.
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by diksucker(f): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
emusmith:
Land For Rent...Interested Applicants...
And u hav to buy all 3 plots of land?
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
__ and I think I'm surrounded by a lot of competitors. I don't know if it's intentional of not but, I just don't dig unnecessary competition.

__and she didn't even make good use of it...I can imagine how annoying that must be...lol
You are a fault finder? Those kind of peeps are hard to please o...Hmm
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
diksucker:
And u hav to buy all 3 plots of land?
1 plot= 1 million. 2 plots = 2 million. 3 plots = 3 million. wink
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
emusmith:
You are a fault finder? Those kind of peeps are hard to please o...Hmm

I'm not hard to please joor...but I'm a perfectionist...I have symptoms/traits of OCD
__ very detailed human being.

1 Like

Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

I'm not hard to please joor...but I'm a perfectionist...I have symptoms/traits of OCD
__ very detailed human being.
Beautiful Girls Are Always Right. lipsrsealed
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
diksucker:
D DOUBLE CROSSER! I once had such as a girlfrnd. i gave ha a vivid description of how massively huge my ex was down there and how good he waz wit it. she said i de try o, dat she doesnt like it huge dat she prefers it smal or moderate. i waz shocked to meet her in my ex guys house one wk end lik dat. she waz on a nite gown, she obviously had slept ova to taste d huge pipe she claimed she detests.
You aroused her curiosity. It's hard when you say such things to a girl friend and expect a little from her curiosity.
When my neighbour friend always prevent me from touching her phone...My Curiosity got the password and saw all manners.
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
[size=80pt]K[/size]
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
diksucker:

Mtcheew. Dick, dick, dick. undecided
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by diksucker(f): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
emusmith:
You aroused her curiosity. It's hard when you say such things to a girl friend and expect a little from her curiosity.
When my neighbour friend always prevent me from touching her phone...My Curiosity got the password and saw all manners.
wow. like wat & wat?
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by diksucker(f): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
VickyyB:

Dont mind ha. she 2 lik am
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
diksucker:
wow. like wat & wat?
Hmm! If I tell you, you won't believe me...
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
diksucker:
Dont mind ha. she 2 lik am

Lol. Goodluck for both of you. smiley
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
VickyyB:

Nice pair of eyes...
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by iceberylin(m): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
__ and I think I'm surrounded by a lot of competitors. I don't know if it's intentional of not but, I just don't dig unnecessary competition.

Lol...so you too go criticize me cry
But i usually make good use of it abi wink
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by diksucker(f): 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
emusmith:

Hmm! If I tell you, you won't believe me...
yarn me tori, i no go tel anoda peson
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by remsonik(f): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
I have very few friends not up to ten, the rest are acquaintances. I love my very few circle of friends,no hassles no stress we just dey flow normal and want the best for each other.
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
All embarassed
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
diksucker:
yarn me tori, i no go tel anoda peson
E get wetin I wan tell you wey you know know...
Girls phones full of shitzz since 1936...
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
emusmith:
Nice pair of eyes...

Thanks
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by diksucker(f): 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
emusmith:
E get wetin I wan tell you wey you know know...
Girls phones full of shitzz since 1936...
Guys own worst
Re: The 6 TOXIC Friends You May Encounter In Life by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
none.. she is worse than these angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Secrets Women Never Tell Their Men / Who Should Be In Control Of Sex In A Relationship? / Decliamer. My account was hacked,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.