Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,032 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

How Healthy Is Office Romance? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Healthy Is Office Romance? (6874 Views)

Office Romance... Advisable? / Love And Work- Office Romance / Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by enpopa(m): 12:00am On Aug 14, 2006
Having an affair with someone who is not your wife is sin in God's eye and you lose your respect if things go sour.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Oracle(m): 2:48am On Aug 14, 2006
thatz right enpopa
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by woleprof(m): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2006
As undecent as it may be, sometimes its irresistible grin grin
i mean very tempting
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by lioness(f): 9:10am On Aug 14, 2006
see ya teeth cheesy cheesy
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by crito(m): 10:34am On Aug 14, 2006
not healthy at all it could destroy business.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by woleprof(m): 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2006
crito:

not healthy at all it could destroy business.

meaning what angry angry angry angry
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Chay(f): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2006
I went out with someone for about ten months and fell hopelessly in love with him. Found out he didn't feel the same but was just pretending all the while, now am stuck with seeing him everyday. Thankfully, am over it now but it was hell trying to get over him. I must say its quite unhealthy and not advisable at all.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Kaycea: 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2006
It is the easiest way to stay stunted on your job.there are high chances of distraction and unprofessional attitudes from both of you in office.

Beware
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by alabiyemmy(m): 12:45am On Jan 05, 2007
@ Chay

What does it mean to be hopelessly in love with someone? Does it mean you were hopeless but you stayed on loving him or what?
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by lioness(f): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2007
lmao
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by afrika(f): 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2007
I will speak out of experience, i have dated my co worker in the same office and it was fun at the beginning but when i realised the shit i was was when i met another person whom seem to be the all and all i needed in relationship

imagine,
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Onyinboy(m): 8:55am On Jan 11, 2007
it is too bad and unhealthy to have a reletionship with a lady /girl in the same establishment.it results to disrespect and lack of concerntration on the basic purpose of your being in the office.
in some cases ,while doing your job ,her presence might have negative influence on you.seeing her very often can cause you to have a thougth of her.

cool
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by ejisky: 10:43am On Jan 11, 2007
Office relationship is quite risky. Recently in my office a guy met me and asked me out. I refused cos from all he said it was very obvious that he wanted 2 get down with me. He told me he was still single and he wanted a wife. I blatantly refused. Last week i found out that he was married!!!!!!!!! Had it been i agreed 2 his proposal i wld hav ,  Its better to look else were other than the office,
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Tonyblu(m): 11:47am On Jan 12, 2007

Not healthy at all.

The odds outweighs the evens.

UNLESS: if the two get married later then it's ok; but one person may hav to get a job elsewhere.

But it's unhealthy for a fling or stuff.

Not advisable.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by VOR(m): 12:35am On Jan 13, 2007
For me it worked out, for the lady I worked with and ended up going out with is my wife.
We have the most beautiful child from our union.

I would however say that it certainly enhances the relationship if you don't work together.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Tonyblu(m): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2007
@VOR

I must say, very luvly yours was.

I believe if the parties will focus on moving to the next level, eg. marriage, then it is GOOD!

Cheers.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by ehie007(m): 10:35am On Jan 15, 2007
office romance is fun if both parties can code it properly.

in a case were ur departments are far apart from each other for instance in a bank were some one in the I.T is dating some one in the banking hall. there is every opportunity to code ur office romance.u only communiocate through email,messengers and intercom, and u only see urself outside the office blocks and do ur thing.

on the other way round office romance is quite bad in the case were the boss is dating a lady. its gets into the lady's head and she start misbehaving looking at her coleagues as surbodinates.

if its a guy dating his superior lady in terms of rank i think its will not turn out to be too bad. just have the fun while it last if coded very properly.

but be careful any thing can happen.

remember guys its something that is quite irrestitable. am sure a lot of us here in this forum might have done it one way or the other.

as for me am not into one yet but if it comes my way, ?
i wish i could get a superior lady in my office to date me i wouldnt mind o! wink
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by uchetobi(f): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2007
why should you be involved in coded runs that can ruin your career if it comes to the pen. Rule no one never miss business with pleasure. So the answer is office romance? TOTALLY UNHEALTHY for you and your career
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by ehie007(m): 11:50am On Jan 15, 2007
well uchetobi thats ur own opinion. what am driving at is that office romance is a reality and it works for some people but not for most people.
am not saying its healthy but the reality is that a good number of people get away with office romance with no wahala. its just a proper understanding btw both parties.

doesnt work for every body sha!

1 Like

Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by deejay1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 15, 2007
its unhealthy yea it is coz its ganna b a messy end with d 2 parties involved sad cry
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by toyboy1(m): 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2007
its only productive if marriage will be the end result of it all, else wahala is just u r abt starting,

Was in one n wen it packed up i had to seek transfer to a branch far away from the gal cos of the bad blood it created within the office. it even divided us
(staffers) in to 2 camps n all that.

more over its against that golden but silent Rule, never mix business with pleasure
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by gentleone(f): 1:45pm On Jan 15, 2007
VOR:

For me it worked out, for the lady I worked with and ended up going out with is my wife.
We have the most beautiful child from our union.

I would however say that it certainly enhances the relationship if you don't work together.

i agree with u,my husband and i too used to work in the same place and i must confess that i did get jealous sometimes when he's in the midst of our female colleagues. i also used to feel somehow when they yab him, these are things that i'd have laughed at as normal colleagues o.
really, its not the best, it causes unnecessary headache cause you start worrying over what ordinarily you wont worry about.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by niceuzor: 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2007
men its risky o,i dont think its right in the sight of God.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by gentleone(f): 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2007
niceuzor:

men its risky o,i don't think its right in the sight of God.

not right in the sight of God?
haba, its not that bad!
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Radiant(f): 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2007
A real fast quickie and back to work isn't so unhealthy wink grin grin grin
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by waleleader(m): 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2007
Radiant:

A real fast quickie and back to work isn't so unhealthy wink grin grin grin
Innit ?
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Radiant(f): 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2007
Yup! wink grin grin grin
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by waleleader(m): 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2007
@radiant,
u might even find Mr right at work if u search properly
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Radiant(f): 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2007
A permanent Mr right or a temporary one? wink
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by waleleader(m): 8:36pm On Jan 15, 2007
Radiant:

A permanent Mr right or a temporary one? wink

it all depends on what ure looking for, so which one do u want?
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Radiant(f): 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2007
A temporary one for now wink grin grin grin
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by niceuzor: 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2007
@gentleone

Your name sound gentle but i dont know u really gentle?
but i guess u are.

Haba why will u say is not that bad?well thank God u know

is not right in the sight of God.

see ya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Become A Clearing Agent / Which Profession Do You Think Has Been Failing In Its Role In Nigeria? / NAFDAC Closes 27 Water Factories Due To Non-compliance With Regulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.