Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" (103874 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Joshuadon: 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
I don't think it's harsh, bearing in mind how countries in the west treat people differently from us........ I'm not saying they are saints but they do more than us to protect the vulnerable; children, disabled and old people....

He slapped a vulnerable girl which in our psyche is okay but not in the west's psyche...

You see all sorts of child abuse in Nigeria perpetuated by teachers and parents in the name of discipline... What pains me the most is the thought of bringing a little boy/girl from village to come and be used as a slave in the city...

@ OP, I don't think we should call it ''harsh'' because beliefs in witches is still prevalent in Nigeria and the very vulnerable in Nigeria are usually accused of being witches....

Would you still call it harsh if your sister/ or any female relative was slapped in front of tens of thousands?

She is young girl, poor and vulnerable.... Therefore, she fits into the group that are usually abused in our country..... Go slap Jonathan's daughter and see whether Mopol's bullet wont ricochet off ur skull...

How I wish we empathize more as a people!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Elcemento(m): 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hmmm...God knows best. cheesy cheesy

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by freshness2020: 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

You just said it man. Right before their eyes, they'll see the schools established. Even the UK needs the money.

This Church buys most influential properties even in New York and no one stops us.

People are really gonna need painkillers when the schools eventually starts.

So much witchcraft sympathizers on this thread... SHIOO!
One needs to cover him/herself with τ̲̅ђe precious blood cos a lot of them troll NL..

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by donbenie(m): 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
rattlesnake:
Harry porter

Pure child wircth craft
Harry Porter is a work of fiction. #nitwit

4 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by xkris11(m): 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed thats d implication of not adopting gay/lesbianism
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Mistermamus(m): 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
Man dey lauder money 4 politicians na today dat 1 start. Just dat nigerians so foolish to see it. Be worshipping him lyk say na small god.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Reference(m): 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
Etfash:
That the church has gone materialistic isn't anything to debate.
However, this man understands the principles of wealth creation, far more than any preacher that I know. He understands the principles of giving, hard work and spirituality. He has greater faith than any preacher I have listened to or read about.

With respect to offerings and Tithes. He and his pastors deserve it from the membership. There is none of their branches where you wouldn't find full time pastors. They resume in their offices by 8:00am and close by 4:00pm and sometimes longer. Just the way you and I deserve our salaries by serving our employers, because the pastors fast for, pray for and teach their members, It is only right for the membership to minister to their own needs.

Also, there is NO one that will actually hear and practice what Oyedepo preaches that would be poor in any good thing. Take it from me, that man has good understanding of God.
Although poor understanding of his teachings make some of the membership go materialistic sometimes; I can't deny that Oyedepo teaches the truth.

I don't attend the church anymore because of proximity issues. He however, remains my best author. His faith in God's word dazzles me, his commitment and love for God cannot also be contested... It is only fitting that he becomes an envy of many.

This is simply the truth. He has made a number of mistakes which in his position carries a heavy toll but the principles are solid. Yes disobedience in christianity 'IS AS' bad as witchcraft. It is a pity that the Brits who gave us the language cannot negotiate mere similies. Two, the school like all schools he establishes is to cater primarily for his members and they are always given priority in admission.

Though I donot know his inards, I've heard he is a disciplinarian with somewhat of a quick temper. Most people who negotiate the Nigerianess in us from the bottom to the top will have this trait.

So I don't see what the establishment in the UK has except for the fear of pentecostalism in an increasingly atheist society.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by bishop0608: 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
The sources for the denial of the estabiishent of Winners school in Kent by British Govt have not been established.However, the establishment ot the Church was also challenged but the church is there now and flourishing.The same will become of the School.When God says yes,just know that the issue is done.His ways are not our way after all Hell must be occupied by satan and his agents at the end.If God the almighty should appear some fellows may still insult him let alone man.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
freshness2020:

One needs to cover him/herself with τ̲̅ђe precious blood cos a lot of them troll NL..

One needs to run away from you because you still believe in witches? You the kind that will join mob and stone a 'witch' to death.... What if the accused witch is your mum?

3 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by rhames(m): 6:33pm On Nov 08, 2014
ofiafuluego:
The news dedicated to winners chapel int'l and its plans to establish school in the UK, the BBC introduced under the headline "Nigerian witchcraft Church in bid to open Kent school"

What exactly have Nigeria done wrong to deserve this accolade of embarrassments from the int'l media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-29937091

BBC is a racist organisation. They detest anything African and thats why they have nothing good to report on the continent except wars pestilence riots and all that.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by donbenie(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2014
Kennyfancy:
God is watching u
Guy,go f*#k yourself..
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2014
rhames:

BBC is a racist organisation. They detest anything African and thats why they have nothing good to report on the continent except wars pestilence riots and all that.

lol, maybe we need to stop fighting senseless wars, so there will be nothing to report....... Don't generalize it by saying Africa.... There are countries in Africa that we hardly hear bad news about.... Gabon, Botswana, Ghana, Senegal, Gambia, etc....

5 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by slimfit1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
mightyleks:
if they ask your type to donate to charity Na una go give excuse pass. hypocrites

If I can see what they are doing with it.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by olojaoke1(m): 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
Emi o mo idi ti OKO yi n fi n le lori Oro yi,awon Iyami wa Ni gbogbo ile adulawo. Eni ti won ba Ni ife si,won a se Ni ore.
YOU WANT TRANSLATION
I don't understand why we are.....(making our pri.ck raise for this mata)...witchcraft is in Africa (all over Europa,Americas,Asia).If you are in their good books,they would favour you.
E jowo e je ka sinmi agbaja.
As for the BBC,or any black man taking to heart what they have said,abegii left them alone.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by slimfit1(m): 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
oboman:

lol, maybe we need to stop fighting senseless wars, so there will be nothing to report....... Don't generalize it by saying Africa.... There are countries in Africa that we hardly hear bad news about.... Gabon, Botswana, Ghana, Senegal, Gambia, etc....

Ok now ma
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by MAURI: 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
Most BBC presenters are mere racists. They are just angry that blacks (especially Africans) are the ones God has chosen to preach the final message to the world. They can call us anything they want but if they reject our messages, they will perish forever.

Are you for real!!? Who brought the bible to you in the first place? cheesy But they have since evolved. Where they were a few centuries ago, that is where most third world countries (including Nigeria) presently are.

6 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by freshness2020: 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
oboman:

One needs to run away from you because you still believe in witches? You the kind that will join mob and stone a 'witch' to death.... What if the accused witch is your mum?

Keep sleeping in ignorance!
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Reference(m): 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
crudedude:
I won't be surprised if that school is still opened. They will not understand.

What is government afterall, isn't it the head of a body of people. Get enough people to need that school and it will be granted. It is a game of numbers.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by chacoonder(m): 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
Aliko Dangote-2 private Jets (Africa/Nigeria's Richest man)
Wale Adenuga-2 private jets(2nd Richest in Africa/Nigeria)
David Oyedepo-4 private jets (Not rated) Source of Wealth-Church
This Pastor is nothing but a Scammer.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Jfrezzy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
UK don't joke with them,I know what I saw with them in coventry,I watch the Utube video of him slapping her,a very Hot slap,We should always watch what we do,the world is a small village .

2 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by chacoonder(m): 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
Oyeneku2:
smiley
I still don't know why church members in Nigeria are so gullible.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by ogaofficer(m): 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
iceberylin:

Really enjoying ur diary cheesy

Keep mentioning my moniker, abeg wink
guy man u make it to this place. . . Cnt believe my eyes, this your 4G Gidi gan o o. But you for help me bookspace now.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by M4gunners: 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
bigass:

watch which tongue. He is not Jesus. Even Jesus was abused. Oyedepo is a conman deceiving Nigerians since 1980
Big ass very good name . Aunty i hail oh!
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by smada13(m): 6:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
freshness2020:
...just put Ūя̲̅ ears ground and see dat school established there! Unless God did not sign it!

Hey! don't drag God into this cuz that was not included in Mark 16:15..... God is not into school business.... Got it?

2 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Ama111(f): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
Its nt a new tin,even Jesus went tru dis in d hands of men but ¶̊ tell U̶̲̥̅̊ dis day may d Lord av mercy on U̶̲̥̅̊ all
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by ogaofficer(m): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
Thank GOD for baba ADEBOYE.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Theultimate(m): 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
Here is what they wrote about Nigeria https://www.nairaland.com/1974810/what-insult-bbc-describe-nigeria
They rarely see good things in us. Though, I neither support nor against this post sha.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
donmalcolm21:
I'm not holding brief for Oyedepo but I think BBC needs to stop disparging anything Nigerian, we deserve respect from them because we are no longer their colonist.
Once a colonist is a colonist forever jor.
Cum to fink of it do we respect our self's at d first place ??No
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by prophetfire: 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2014
The treatmnt d brits are giving him is nt too good.hwever one issue I have wit our big naija churches is dis their attitude of establishing things more for the rich.UK school is for the rich only.none for the poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Bishop Jonathan Muthoka Sex Scandal With Niece (See CCTV Footages) / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.