Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? (4982 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Catholic Christians, How Much Do You Know Your Faith?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by zyzxx(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
musKeeto:

Indeed. Irrationality needs a little bit of rationality to be meaningful.

Your rationality*work* produces a result. You do not need faith to plant a seed and watch it grow. You can pray over the soil, fast, pour anointing oil on it if you so desire. That is all superfluous.

Stop praying for 3 months and keep doing the rest of the stuff you'd normally do. Report your results here when you're done. wink
musKeeto:

Indeed. Irrationality needs a little bit of rationality to be meaningful.

Your rationality*work* produces a result. You do not need faith to plant a seed and watch it grow. You can pray over the soil, fast, pour anointing oil on it if you so desire. That is all superfluous.

Stop praying for 3 months and keep doing the rest of the stuff you'd normally do. Report your results here when you're done. wink
cheesycheesy, it called backslide and av done dat b4...u won't want to hear d result. Most of my freind dat we row together @ dat time impregnated ladies, most till nw don't even no d bearing of there life, some are fud to fake prophet. And some are better. If not for God my life will av end up been miserable because I knw d road I walked den and what am upto @ dat time , if serving God can save me from dat, bro it ok for me. thank God.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
musKeeto:

Hell might be being crushed by TB Joshua's building. Or losing my life on the way to Redeemed Convention.

Too bad then. Your little comfort of some weed would be lost. But there's hope. It means more people will join you, pretenders dey for church.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by Kay17: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
UyiIredia:

You are joking if you disagree with the premises. If I were you I would attack the conclusion. The premises are rock-solid facts.

Nope.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
Kay17:

Nope.

Really SMH. Your case bad o. The facts I have stated. as premises are supported by the science. For starters, read up genetic code in Wikipedia.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by theunusualmoon(m): 11:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
musKeeto:

Hell might be being crushed by TB Joshua's building. Or losing my life on the way to Redeemed Convention.
I don't want to derail this thread in a bid to prove to you that GOD exits.Please create a new thread where we can talk about it and I"ll join you there.........If GOD did not stop the persecution and death of the desciples that preached the gospel all around the world,why should he stop you from losing your life on the way to the redeemed camp?
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by curiouslad(m): 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
UyiIredia:

You can know by inference from design. I will list it here.

1) Life is a coded system
2) Coded systems require intelligence to make
3) By inference life requires an intelligent Maker.

Hmmm.
Or maybe life requires MORE than ONE intelligent maker.? shocked grin
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by Kay17: 1:04am On Nov 09, 2014
UyiIredia:

Really SMH. Your case bad o. The facts I have stated. as premises are supported by the science. For starters, read up genetic code in Wikipedia.

Uyi Iredia, it s almost impossible to reasonably argue that the DNA is a code system directly analogous to information and language systems created and familiar with man. And for that reason, your premises and ultimately your conclusion collapses.

1 Like

Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by texanomaly(f): 3:22am On Nov 09, 2014
musKeeto:
No one knows God exists. No one. KNOWS.

Hey sKeeter kiss

There was a time when you KNEW God existed. The fact that you have chosen to no longer believe it, can never change the conviction you once felt. Your mind may have betrayed you, but your heart will always know the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2014
finofaya:

Who are you calling an atheist?! Please.

The name of the christian God is Yahweh. The OP did not mention Yahweh. Show some respect for other religions, Sir.
You still don't understand. The thread if for christains only. Read the topic again. I know you know what you are doing, though. Have fun.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kay17:

Uyi Iredia, it s almost impossible to reasonably argue that the DNA is a code system directly analogous to information and language systems created and familiar with man. And for that reason, your premises and ultimately your conclusion collapses.

Chai ! Please read Signature in the cell by Stephen Meyer. You need some schooling on this ish desperately.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by Kay17: 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
UyiIredia:

Chai ! Please read Signature in the cell by Stephen Meyer. You need some schooling on this ish desperately.

Just for the sake of NL, could you identify and espouse the key points here?
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2014
Kay17:

Just for the sake of NL, could you identify and espouse the key points here?

It will be a waste of time since I've repeatedly made my points on various threads only to be misunderstood. However, while premise 2 MAY be contended on the basis of it been based on humans making coded systems like computers; premise 1 is a scientific fact that was already cemented even before the DNA was discovered. I'm surprised you will even dare deny it.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by Kay17: 10:59am On Nov 10, 2014
UyiIredia:

It will be a waste of time since I've repeatedly made my points on various threads only to be misunderstood. However, while premise 2 MAY be contended on the basis of it been based on humans making coded systems like computers; premise 1 is a scientific fact that was already cemented even before the DNA was discovered. I'm surprised you will even dare deny it.

Which was equally unsatisfactory. I remember you kept hammering that the human brain in its isolated physical state was not conscious and other long winding claims.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2014
Kay17:

Which was equally unsatisfactory. I remember you kept hammering that the human brain in its isolated physical state was not conscious and other long winding claims.

If you deny that life is a coded system I can understand your confusion in discerning 'long-winded claims' and perfectly rational statements.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by Kay17: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2014
UyiIredia:

If you deny that life is a coded system I can understand your confusion in discerning 'long-winded claims' and "perfectly rational statements".

Ok!
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
Kay17:

Ok!

Please Google with the terms 'signature in the cell pdf'. You'll find the book.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by honourhim: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
texanomaly:

Hey sKeeter kiss

There was a time when you KNEW God existed. The fact that you have chosen to no longer believe it, can never change the conviction you once felt. Your mind may have betrayed you, but your heart will always know the truth.

So true. God bless u my dear. They are just deceiving themselves.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by mazaje(m): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
honourhim:

So true. God bless u my dear. They are just deceiving themselves.

You are the one actually deceiving your self by following the wrong god. . .there is no god but Allah and Mohamed is his last messenger. . .
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by BraveGuy: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
mazaje:

You are the one actually deceiving your self by following the wrong god. . .there is no god but Allah and Mohamed is his last messenger. . .
@ mazaje....
[size=14pt]Are you oblivious to this thread by Seun?[/size]
https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each

Why do you seem to troll and provoke unnecessarily? We live in a FREE world where everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions; why do you seem to always want to impose your god on others?

If you find it too hard to abide by simple advice to tolerance, why don't pack your pen and start your own website where anyone who uses it must comply into following your god?
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by BraveGuy: 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
Back to the OP....
theunusualmoon:
How come some of us are privileged to experience GOD while some aren't.
Could it be because they have shut their hearts completely and refused to let GOD in? Or could it be that we are simply the chosen generation?
Tell us how it feels to know GOD exist?

#1. It's a privilege to know and have a relationship with the Almighty God. But why do some believe (and are ready to die by that belief system) and others simply don't?

To be honest, it is a mystery, which we may never be able to resolve on this side of life.

Even within the Church, people's belief system have their levels. For example, some still believe that God's temple is the physical cathedral and they look after it and behave themselves like angels when they enter the building, yet Jesus says WE (the totality of our persona) are the temple of God, and these people don't care what they do with their body - fornication, cheating, hatred, idolatry, covetousness, etc.

But an insight is here:
Matthew 13:11 - "He answered and said unto them, Because i[b]t is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given[/b]."

Why? Because you are a disciple (you chose to follow) and they are not.

#2. It is also re-assuring that one is not living an aimless and empty life.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by mazaje(m): 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
BraveGuy:

@ mazaje....
[size=14pt]Are you oblivious to this thread by Seun?[/size]
https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each

Why do you seem to troll and provoke unnecessarily? We live in a FREE world where everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions; why do you seem to always want to impose your god on others?

If you find it too hard to abide by simple advice to tolerance, why don't pack your pen and start your own website where anyone who uses it must comply into following your god?

Be quite pls, can't you see him trying to condemn another person for his unbelief?. . .Nothing wrong in letting him know that he is wasting him time worshiping a false god. . .there is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his last messenger. . .You will rot in hell for your unbelief. . .
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by BraveGuy: 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
mazaje:

Be quite pls, can't you see him trying to condemn another person for his unbelief?. . .Nothing wrong in letting him know that he is wasting him time worshiping a false god. . .there is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his last messenger. . .You will rot in hell for your unbelief. . .

Are you trying to curse me or what?!
[size=15pt]Those who bless me will be blessed by God and anyone who curses me will be cursed by God....[/size] Think again and pick your choice. grin
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by honourhim: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
mazaje:

I wish you believe in the allah that you are talking about than the no-God deceit you are living in.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by honourhim: 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
BraveGuy:

Are you trying to curse me or what?!
[size=15pt]Those who bless me will be blessed by God and anyone who curses me will be cursed by God....[/size] Think again and pick your choice. grin

My brother dont worry yourself. The guy is an atheist, he is just trying to play their usual game by employing the allah whatever, but i know them too well. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
If the Christian god was real, wouldn't there be a possibility of Satan winning in the final war? Judging that the bible claimed Satan is a very intelligent angel and even God admitted at some point. All the billions of souls Satan has amassed all these years is enough to put fear in God and his followers.

Satan is the smarting thing in existence besides God. I don't see why he would even attempt a losing battle unless he knows more then us, and he knows he somehow does have a shot. Were not as smart as him and even we know not to fight an undefeatable opponent, so it only goes to reason that Satan, being more intelligent than any of us know's that there is some possibility (even if its a slim one) that he might win, otherwise he wouldn't even go into the battle, cause it would lead hell, and Satan isn't stupid.

Lets assume God of the bible is real
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by honourhim: 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
ifeness:
If the Christian god was real, wouldn't there be a possibility of Satan winning in the final war?

God is real. We are not debating it pls. Where did you read about the final battle?
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
honourhim:

God is real. We are not debating it pls. Where did you read about the final battle?

You mean you haven't heard about the final battle? Battle of Armageddon you guys are going to fight with Satan.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
And to answer the Op's question : If God were real,all other thousands of Gods would be real and there will be too much war in heaven.
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by theunusualmoon(m): 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
BraveGuy:
Back to the OP....

#1. It's a privilege to know and have a relationship with the Almighty God. But why do some believe (and are ready to die by that belief system) and others simply don't?

To be honest, it is a mystery, which we may never be able to resolve on this side of life.

Even within the Church, people's belief system have their levels. For example, some still believe that God's temple is the physical cathedral and they look after it and behave themselves like angels when they enter the building, yet Jesus says WE (the totality of our persona) are the temple of God, and these people don't care what they do with their body - fornication, cheating, hatred, idolatry, covetousness, etc.

But an insight is here:
Matthew 13:11 - "He answered and said unto them, Because i[b]t is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given[/b]."

Why? Because you are a disciple (you chose to follow) and they are not.

#2. It is also re-assuring that one is not living an aimless and empty life.
Nice.......I especially like #2

1 Like

Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by honourhim: 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
ifeness:

You mean you haven't heard about the final battle? Battle of Armageddon you guys are going to fight with Satan.

And i asked a simple question. Where did you read about it?
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by mazaje(m): 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
honourhim:

I wish you believe in the allah that you are talking about than the no-God deceit you are living in.

What ever. . Keep wasting time believing in a dead Jewish man, You will rot in hell for your unbelief in Allah and his last messenger. . .
Re: Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? by theunusualmoon(m): 8:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
@ ifeness..............
"and he knows he somehow does have a shot. Were not as smart as him and even we know not to fight an undefeatable opponent, so it only goes to reason that Satan, being more intelligent than any of us know's that there is some possibility (even if its a slim one) that he might win, otherwise he wouldn't even go into the battle, cause it would lead hell, and Satan isn't silly."
Truth is, he may not be as little(in terms of strength) as we think he is.But let's face it, if he is capable of winning then he couldn't have been successfully cast out of heaven.
He lost the first battle,despite his cunningness and strength........He'll LOSE AGAIN.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Had A Dream That Jesus Is Back / END TIME! Pastor, Wife Preaching Naked Stating That Adam And Eve Were Created N / How To Create Magickal Servitors To Serve You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.