Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? (37304 Views)

Ladies Checkout This Latest Cute And Sexy Hairstyle / Can Someone Explain This Hairstyle To Me (photo) / Would You Rock This Snake Type Of Hairstyle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Alfred234:
i don't think ur hairstyle defines u although it defines some people but not someone like me. i just like my hair so full and rough bcuz i think it makes me look cute but my mom is always shouting at me to comb it or cut it. Sometimes after combing my hair in front of my mom when i get out of the house i'll just make it rough again, i don't have full hair again bcuz i have been pressured to barb it but i plan on keeping my hair and datz why i love my nairaland Dp so much bcuz my hair was so full when i took it.
. Well the hoodie isn't allowing us view the hair properly. Funny you wanna show off your hair with a hoodie covering it. Pretty bright, aren't ya? smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
Thanks OP for this topic......I really don't see why society has decided to streamline our thoughts into believing guys who grow their hair are irresponsible. I get that a lot, well from people who don't know me but i forgive their ignorance.At a time i got almost frustrated answering recurrent questions on if am a model or not.Must i be a model to do any hairstyle i so desire?

Thinking that guys who grow their hair are irresponsible is a FALLACY.I really choose to debunk that notion

Believe in yourself, improve yourself and achieve greatness then people will care less about how your hair looks.

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by thaoriginator: 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
kelvindim:
As in my case, I really do like keeping afros though. It's just something I adore. It makes me look outstanding amongst all my peers way back when in secondary school. All the girls in my class and the next, and the next, they all love my looks. Because of my looks, I find it easy to get a word in edgeways with almost any girl. Cute right? It's just like a booster of courage and high self-esteem to me. It's just so sad I now go with the ”punk-style” hair-do. Anyways, I for one still looks cute in it. Oh! How I miss my afro haircut.

That aside sha, I still don't think that one's hair-do determines his character or attitude. It's in the heart. Who wan bad go bad. Sha me got into a great méss back while I was in secondary school sha. Our Vice Chancellor gave me one heck of a time. She said I most cut my hair oh. For where! I nor cut am kakaka! Then she went forth labelling me a stigma in my class. Come see, class go dey go on, that old lady go find me and a few come class with scissors. See where men dey locate the nearest window. cheesy Till I finish school she nor gree me rest. Anyways sha, she was the worst ordeal I ever came up with while in school then. Thank God nobody go fit come question me as per the kind of hair I carry now.

Old pinshure of my ”curly, non-greasy and oily extra sheen hair,” just had to borrow cupidhero's lines in that. cheesy
O boy u wowor o *jumps bullets nd dodges machete*
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by amakufrancis(m): 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
everyone are complaining of ma afro, its grown though black and shinny, and i always kip it neat. View ma profile and advice me weda to cut it low or not. . . D disturbance don too much.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by celeron40(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Guys, we don't owe this society shit..I've been harrassed for years cuz of my hairstyle(Afro) but ill keep rocking it..Everyone should go in what they are comfortable with..Social pressure shouldn't dictate how you style your hair..skin, afro, plait, punk, mohawk, whatever rocks your boat, go for it..who needs to take orders from bald old men on how we keep our hair?!
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by cc150615(f): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ferdybaba:
Thanks OP for this topic......I really don't see why society has decided to streamline our thoughts into believing guys who grow their hair are irresponsible. I get that a lot, well from people who don't know me but i forgive their ignorance.At a time i got almost frustrated answering recurrent questions on if am a model or not.Must i be a model to do any hairstyle i so desire?

Thinking that guys who grow their hair are irresponsible is a FALLACY.I really choose to debunk that notion

Believe in yourself, improve yourself and achieve greatness then people will care less about how your hair looks.
seconded
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by celeron40(m): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
amakufrancis:
everyone are complaining of ma afro, its grown though black and shinny, and i always kip it neat. View ma profile and advice me weda to cut it low or not. . . D disturbance don too much.
Damn..its fresh nd neat! Cut wetin?
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
I sucked one big black cocck last night and it was a different experience considering the number of o.r.al sex I had given. Its a 9inch, huge and thick monster and hardly does it fit my mouth. The penetration was quite easy due to lubricants and I seriously enjoy everybit of the action. Ladies please share your experience and let the fun begin.

No I'd.I.ot should pm me cos I'm not a cheap slut you can can lure to bed
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
Diffdeef:
Let me cut this thread in 2,the first one should be what my subject is which is "does the kind of hairstyle you keep define who you are? Then the second should be the best hairstyle a guy should stick to? They're quite related so the first one first...Let's begin*

I'm a guy,so I'm focused more on men's hairstyle,people can really put a niggur in a state of confusion,they think the kind of hairstyle an individual rocks defines who he is,attitude/behavior/upbringing/ etc...like most people in our society think a guy that goes on lowcut automatically becomes gentle and things of sort?? Emm and a niggur that goes on punk,afro-punk,mohawk..eem..dada etc is some kind of indecent lousy tout,Lol or some kind of bad niggur who spends most of his time on trivial things?? U know what I mean...earthly things? One of my pal that rocks this grown axx punk hair told me how people ask him if he's a musician or something related? lemme not type much...I just don't fink the kinda hair u rock got anything to do wif u,I know some guys on rugged-type hair buh are cool af...gentle and well behaved,you can only know someone better by being close to the person at least for quite a while not by mere sighting of someone's hair,smh ppl dumb. Emm no 2.

The best hairstyle a guy should stick to?? To you reading this,what's yo best? Mehnn for years I don't know the kinda hair I should stick to,most peeps say lowcut is the best,in a way they think it's more mature than others,buh lowcut no fit me that much!! Keeping my hair grown does,like a mini afro buh yet lots of peeps,my fam too bash me ehh...jumping down my throat...like niggur go get your hair cut!! Altho they know they can't make me,but why do they make it seem like a terrible thing? No be wetin fit me?? That's all...now yall comment...I even heard some gurls say they like guys on lowcut and some also said they like guys wif grown hair and other stylish hairstyle. Confused af smh.
NO but wen u bout 35 to 40 of age dats wen u stick to 1 hairstyle cos u becomin a grownassman by den
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
valmunich:
Honestly, I am big victim of what you just wrote.
I've been growing my hair for a year and half now

Everybody is just complaining, from my parents to most people in school. I'm even asked to leave leshures sometimes, some even term me a cultist undecided

I don't know why people think that the kinda hair one keeps defines him, it's so wrong undecided

That I decide to go low on cutz changes noffin in me, same as growing it . People needs to start changing that silly ideology undecided

true, the mentality of our people is absurd, i have seen police stop and harass a young innocent guy because of his hairstyle. meanwhile the real criminals are on suit and tie.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by kelvindim(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
thaoriginator:
O boy u wowor o *jumps bullets nd dodges machete*
Lol

Thanks bro, I take that as a compliment. smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
Yes and No

Yes, it defines you, your style, the way you look and mostly your intrinsic worth. Either lowcut or afro. It depends on you.

No, because we live in a society where there are lots of prejudices, preconceieved ideas about some sets of people(guys with full hair, guys with earring e.t.c).

(just ask any conservative person about he/she thinks of them.)

i love keeping my hair but my folks (their wahala too much).
There was a time when my dad told it is not moral to keep hair, i was like wtf, is my hair disturbing the peace of the universe? Arguements here and there when it comes to what i like to do with my hair. Mom would say responsible people dont keep their hair. Like seriously?

People complain i look old and mature when i keep my hair but who cares, i like it. If you have something for people that keep hair, thats your problem not mine.

Do what you like, its your head, your body, your life
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
amakufrancis:
yes, make it lower than that. But not so low.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by wisdom43(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Neldrizzy:
My papa say mak i cut am sadsadsad but na plait i de plait am now!

Why on earth will a man plait his hair, if its not demonic.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by charlesopp(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Gals b like u look good on lowcut, yet d shape of ur head b lik coconut..grls are wicked.

Just stick to wat u think fits u!
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Alfred234(m): 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
evegran:
. Well the hoodie isn't allowing us view the hair properly. Funny you wanna show off your hair with a hoodie covering it. Pretty bright, aren't ya? smiley
Lol don't insult me with style jor i didn't want to show off my hair with dat pix i was just saying that my hair was full when i took d pix... Too bad d hoodie is covering it.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by amakufrancis(m): 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
missberrypop5:
yes, make it lower than that. But not so low.
ok thanks i will. . .
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by amakufrancis(m): 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
celeron40:
Damn..its fresh nd neat! Cut wetin?
lol, cut the hair la.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
I'm sorry but if I saw a grown a.s.s man with braids or conrows, I'll just assume you going through some sort of mid life crisis. undecided

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Guruenny(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
With my own point of view a good appearance is a letter of recommendation sme pple look gud with afro while sme pple look disgustn depending on d way dey maintain deir hair.we all av different kind of hairs wch cud differentiate d kind of hairstyle suitable for somebody like smeone dat have a tough and hard hair wud find it difficult to keep lot of hairs if only d person cud maintain it,it wud b ok.smeone dat has oily hair can make do with different kind of hairstyle be it afro or low cut like mine below I prefer d both it dosnt justify wu I am since I gve it proper treatment

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by brainpower(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
Personally I don't have anything against it but I think the problem is mostly about maintenance.
For instance what are their reasons for condemning you? When you keep afro, you have to always comb it to make it look good thereby carrying combs in your pocket everywhere you go and since guys don't always carry bags the comb will be showing from your pocket. So how does it look being seen always with a comb? And the other reason the older folks don't like it is that they feel that most kind of jobs they think is good do not allow people to keep any kind of hair that will attract too much attention. So personally, I feel there should be a limit that's if you are now working but as a student you can do what makes you happy but it can't be allowed in the medical school. Even till now, people don't really see most celebrities as responsible even though they make a lot of money.
So keep it tidy and moderate, not a situation where if you enter anywhere the bad smell of your hair is what fiils the room. So different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hmmmm....whether u keep ur hair or not, ur character will not hide even if u try. So many badt guys on lowcut and good guys on gallas or even mo-hawk......just keep it neat and tidy.

One of my brothers used to plait his hair back in d 90's.....to d extent dat he'd retouch and set d hair sef.....buh now story don change. he rocks an afro now.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by WASMOG(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
Am a victim too, I was forced to start scraping my hair when I secure a job in a security company, I just wish God can provide another job 4 me where I will be free to keep my afro.

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by pzworld: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
 Think you got what it takes to be a model then this casting is for you, auditions for models (5.10ft and above) comes up Saturdays 6th and 13th December 2014. For a fashion show organised by an affiliated event company PZ ENT.. Interested participant should call Mr. Dary: (Modellas Modeling Agency) 08131865746. There is also series of musical video shots on the line up and for models interested in red carpet events coverage and other media related presentations. send your CV together with a cover letter (Application) to: Pzentertainment world@gmail.com , For enquiries call: 0813-1865-746.. . Good luck
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by yhermmie(f): 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
kelvindim:
Lol

Thanks bro, I take that as a compliment. smiley

I visited ur profile but didnt like ur pics and i'm not a goat

U look cute though kiss
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by WASMOG(m): 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
Am a victim too, I was forced to start
scraping my hair when I secure a job in a
security company, I just wish God can provide
another job 4 me where I will be free to keep
my afro.

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
To an extent,take for example,if u look at dos yahoo boys of those days,most of d time dere hairstyle looks alike and secondly befoe you start keeping ur hai o doing wotever to ur hair u tink of it and wot influence ur tinking is d kind of person u r,so in a way and sometime it affect ur hair style bt dee r exception for instance some people dnt hav money for barbing dere hair and some pple wu hav medical conditions and deir doctor hav advised dem nt to clear their hair and so many reasons and also wot u do with ur hair is also influenced by ur temperament which also form ur personality
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Youngsage: 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Guys, can you rock this haircut? If no, why? (pic) smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1873183/guys-rock-haircut-pic
Share your views cheesy
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Keluong(m): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Interesting, my parents are also complaining about my haircut, so at what age should parents stop forcing children to cut their hair. I ve created a thread for it here
www.nairaland.com/1969879/what-age-should-parents-stop#27949536
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by oluwasegun007(m): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Of course na....imagine u go for an interview with plenty beards on your face or u go do dried when you no say u get strong face go visit your future inlaw for the first time...I rest my case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Is This Jeans For Female? / Man Tattoos The Nigeria Coat Of Arms On His Back / What Other Colour Goes Well With Burnt Orange?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.