Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

He Is HIV +ve - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Is HIV +ve (1561 Views)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? / She Lied I Was HIV +ve To Family To Call Of Wedding (2) (3) (4)

He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 09, 2014
Hi nairalanders! A friend of mine in my office recently confided in me about an issue which has been bothering him for sometime now.
Really dont know what to tell him, cos I'm inexperienced n lack words to direct or counsel him so please I need your suggestions on how best to
advice him. He told me he is HIV +ve n dat his pregnant wife is +ve too.
Re: He Is HIV +ve by iceberylin(m): 1:18am On Nov 09, 2014
Na suicide sure pass undecided

Help stop the spread of Hiv
Re: He Is HIV +ve by spyg1(m): 1:28am On Nov 09, 2014
Let them go to the hospital, a doctor will place the wife on medication and their baby will born free.

Re: He Is HIV +ve by rocgirl: 1:52am On Nov 09, 2014
Your 'friend' and his wife should visit ANY Naca accredited hospitals and clinics to access treatments (which is normally free).
Depending on the severity of declination their immunity might have suffered, they'll be placed on some treatments and given the ARV medications (which they'll be taking for a long time)to help stabilise immunity, among other things.
Bright side: When all these is done, they'll be able to live their lives normally once again.

Re: He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 09, 2014
I have done this test twice and it can be scary as hell and I can only imagine how those who have found out they have it must be feeling. Good thing is the earlier it is discovered the better and the earlier you get help the better.

HIV is different from AID so if you know at an early stage the better it is for you before it becomes full blown AIDS.
It's best to all get tested.

To the OP, they will have to swallow their pride and visit government hospitals especially where access to consultants and extensive counsel and drugs are available since it is still HIV.
The last time I went I saw hundreds of people there too. Pregnant and single folks so I pray they get the help they need early.

Please OP, what you did is risky anyway because with your comments, profile pic and post, anyone could easily have an insight into where you work and the person you are talking about if little information lies around from the info you are giving or have given. Be careful as this is a sensitive issue.

Re: He Is HIV +ve by davdandam(m): 4:52am On Nov 09, 2014
Direct them to a naca centre and tell him to shut the Bleep up if he wants to keep his job. .....not all minds are matured enough to not discriminate against people living with hiv. And this is Nigeria, if them sack am,no court will help him.he should start medications with his wife and live his life jejely.
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 09, 2014
And you are still in the same office with him
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 09, 2014
All dat needs to b saidn has been said; counsel him appropriately
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Tapout(m): 7:35am On Nov 09, 2014
iceberylin:
Na suicide sure pass undecided
Help stop the spread of Hiv

samflexxy:

guys calm down na. .. its not Ebola grin
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 09, 2014
Jenams:
Hi nairalanders! A friend of mine in my office recently confided in me about an issue which has been bothering him for sometime now.
Really dont know what to tell him, cos I'm inexperienced n lack words to direct or counsel him so please I need your suggestions on how best to
wat advise dos he want again. They should prevent mother to child transmission sharp sharp
Re: He Is HIV +ve by xynerise: 10:27am On Nov 09, 2014
So he succeeded in passing the virus to his wife
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
samflexxy:
mehn I'm particularly scared I tell ya!
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Xavier9ja(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
in 2chainz voice i say R.I.P
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
@op go and do test oo
Re: He Is HIV +ve by BreezyRita(f): 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
samflexxy:

Meaning? Na una dey stigmatize abi shocked shocked
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
This is not romantic angry where u dey?
Re: He Is HIV +ve by adepiero: 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thank God for my life... I've done the test four times this year! I guess everyone ought to know their status.

Am really saddened by some ignorant comments i've read so far.

Op! there is no sermon needed for your friend than to advice him to stay committed to his wife and unborn child and use his ARV drugs regularly! having a positive life makes you live longer and its also a wakeup call for him and his wife to move closer to the creator.

Even in his predicament, he can still move mountains and impact to the world before his demise wink

Re: He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
Support him so that he wl not discouraged.
Re: He Is HIV +ve by hugoart(m): 9:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
Your colleague and his wife should go to LUTH if he's in Lag.Or even any govt or accredited private hospital. That's the only way to save his,wife and unborn child's life from HIV.
Nothing so terrible has happened;he has a common disease,very common.
Re: He Is HIV +ve by rattlesnake(m): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2014
Jenams:
go for deliverance and stop telling lies...friend ko friend ni...
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 11, 2014
rattlesnake:
go for deliverance and stop telling lies...friend ko friend ni...

wat is dis one sayin?
Re: He Is HIV +ve by Deejay1000(m): 5:06am On Nov 11, 2014
Dnt be afraid jorr HIV has now qotten a permanenr cure

Picture: Your Pattern Lock Shows Your Relationship Status / Love At First Sight: Is It Possible? / New Method Of Toasting A Girl