Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? (38592 Views)

"What My Fiance Did For Me After Breaking My Leg In An Accident". Photos / A Facebook User Discovers His Ex-Girlfriend is HIV Positive After Breaking Up / My Fiance Is Leaving Me , Cause I Let Out My Painful And Biggest Secrets To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by iSellUsedCars(m): 3:25am On Mar 23, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders, my 22yr old fiance who came to my place just a day ago got a call from her family doctor that her attention was urgently needed prior to some tests that were conducted on her 2 days back. I had to tell her to go see her doctor immediately as it could be something very important, so she left.

She calls me up some hours later to tell me her doctor says she's HIV positive. My head spun and I started thinking of where I must had gotten it from! We've been intimately together for 4years, and we make love as often as we feel like although our busy schedule hasn't made us see for up to a month now.

As I got the news, I felt so restless and just had to go join her at the hospital so they could carry a test to confirm my status. It came out negative. I promised her to always be by her side and wouldn't leave her cos of the disease. I trust her a lot and I believe she must have contracted it through sharp objects her makeup business exposes her to like razor blades.

Dear nairalanders, I need your advice. It's 3am in the morning, and she's called thrice already; she's depressed and suicidal right now. Pls air your matured and helpful opinion. God bless you.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Kbeaut(f): 3:33am On Mar 23, 2016
Comfort her. Let her know that her illness doesn't define or change who she is. Not only that but it's 2016 & with the advances in medicine she can live a long normal life, so she shouldn't worry. & also you can take prep so you can still have sex but will NOT be affected. So there is nothing to worry about as long as you both are responsible. & most importantly let her know that your love for her will not change and you will get through this together. The most important part is for her to understand that having HIV doesn't make her any less than anyone else. We are all human, we all bleed the same. Even with HIV her blood is still the same color as yours, no?

171 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by SirAweezy(m): 3:35am On Mar 23, 2016
In as much as she needs you right now... Stop giving her hope for marriage, don't say anything just be neutral, it's a phase it will pass on its own.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by sben2308(m): 3:36am On Mar 23, 2016
Am still lost cuz how could she and u not have wen u been intimate .I suggest u go to another clinic for test cuz there maybe a mix up along d way .It may be d doctor or nurse mistake .

58 Likes

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by iSellUsedCars(m): 3:42am On Mar 23, 2016
Kbeaut:
Comfort her. Let her know that her illness doesn't define or change who she is. Not only that but it's 2016 & with the advances in medicine she can live a long normal life, so she shouldn't worry. & also you can take prep so you can still have sex but will NOT be affected. So there is nothing to worry about as long as you both are responsible. & most importantly let her know that your love for her will not change and you will get through this together. The most important part is for her to understand that having HIV doesn't make her any less than anyone else. We are all human, we all bleed the same. Even with HIV her blood is still the same color as yours, no?

Thank you. I'm comforting her but it's not easy. I'm going with her for her first counseling in the morning. I promised neverr to leave her regardless. But it's not easy; i've lost appetite and i'm sleepless. I'm not letting her see my weakness cos I feel she needs all the strength she can get from me. I'm just confused.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:43am On Mar 23, 2016
I hope it is still at the early stage? Ask her get what could have gone wrong. It could be the sharp objects you mentioned and try to ask her if she was intimate with anyone in your absence. But the major thing now is to seek advice from her doctor or any other good doctor what she can be doing to suppress it. So sad!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by iSellUsedCars(m): 3:45am On Mar 23, 2016
sben2308:
Am still lost cuz how could she and u not have wen u been intimate .I suggest u go to another clinic for test cuz there maybe a mix up along d way .It may be d doctor or nurse mistake .

I insisted they took the test again. We've not been intimate for a month now. Thus, she probably just contracted it. I'll try another clinic in the morning however. Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 23, 2016
It's possible she has it and you don't, just be positive and your outlook will rub off on her, and let her get on antiretroviral ASAP . No hope lost bro, Magic Johnson still lives.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by iSellUsedCars(m): 3:48am On Mar 23, 2016
modelmike7:
I hope it is still at the early stage? Ask her get what could have gone wrong. It could be the sharp objects you mentioned and try to ask her if she was intimate with anyone in your absence. But the major thing now is to seek advice from her doctor or any other good doctor what she can be doing to suppress it. So sad!

Well I love her so much that I'll rather convince myself she got it through a sharp object. Trust me, she's not in the best frame of mind to query her. I'm just confused as to what my next step should be.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by iSellUsedCars(m): 3:51am On Mar 23, 2016
blueseacats:
It's possible she has it and you don't, just be positive and your outlook will rub off on her, and let her get on antiretroviral ASAP . No hope lost bro, Magic Johnson still lives.

Thank you. I'm going with her in the morning for counseling. I'm sure the drugs would be administered.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 23, 2016
iSellUsedCars:

Well I love her so much that I'll rather convince myself she got it through a sharp object. Trust me, she's not in the best frame of mind to query her. I'm just confused as to what my next step should be.
...... That is a good stance you have taken. At this point all that matter is COUNSELLING and pls still visit another hospital for another test, just to be sure.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 23, 2016
iSellUsedCars:

Thank you. I'm going with her in the morning for counseling. I'm sure the drugs would be administered.
Pls do, am not sure, but it should be actually.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by menix(m): 4:04am On Mar 23, 2016
OP, u need slap just as i needed some years back..
She said she was HIV positive nd i was lost in love probably because i neva collect kpekus, had 2 days sleepless night because i wanted to convince myself to continue.

As i tell am my mind, she just dash me slap cry comot..

my advice; u know u cant marry her abii, just give her the support she needs now while preparing to take a long walk..

oga, u will be deceiving urself if u say u trust a gal in this 21st century, sharp object ko invisible needle nii......

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by agarawu23(m): 4:46am On Mar 23, 2016
iSellUsedCars:
Fellow Nairalanders, my 22yr old fiance who came to my place just a day ago got a call from her family doctor that her attention was urgently needed prior to some tests that were conducted on her 2 days back. I had to tell her to go see her doctor immediately as it could be something very important, so she left. She calls me up some hours later to tell me her doctor says she's HIV positive. My head spun and I started thinking of where I must had gotten it from! We've been intimately together for 4years, and we make love as often as we feel like although our busy schedule hasn't made us see for up to a month now. As I got the news, I felt so restless and just had to go join her at the hospital so they could carry a test to confirm my status. It came out negative. I promised her to always be by her side and wouldn't leave her cos of the disease. I trust her a lot and I believe she must have contracted it through sharp objects her makeup business exposes her to like razor blades. Dear nairalanders, I need your advice. It's 3am in the morning, and she's called thrice already; she's depressed and suicidal right now. Pls air your matured and helpful opinion. God bless you.
why did you quickly came into conclusion that was where she contacted it from ? [size=15pt]do not trust ladies[/size], its one of the 10 commandment but God forget to put am.

Questions for u.
1. Since both of you have been together for 4 years, have u guys been having sex without or with protection ? I know the answer already and that made u rushed to the hospital to know your status.

2. When did she join the make up business? , is it after you guys didn't meet close to a months cos that space might be little but unexpected things can happen between that period. Who knows if she had a quickie with another guy lipsrsealed

3. Do u ever think this might even be a 'test' from her. Cos I respect her boldness for telling u the real result of her HIV test. Is the doctor yours or hers?

4. Can you marry a HIV positive lady?

You still need to go for another HIV test weeks later to be sure you are negative abi you no nack her after you guys haven't seen each other close to month?

HIV/AIDS is real. Always use CONDOM, e no cost na #50

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by sparko1(m): 4:58am On Mar 23, 2016
iSellUsedCars:
Fellow Nairalanders, my 22yr old fiance who came to my place just a day ago got a call from her family doctor that her attention was urgently needed prior to some tests that were conducted on her 2 days back. I had to tell her to go see her doctor immediately as it could be something very important, so she left. She calls me up some hours later to tell me her doctor says she's HIV positive. My head spun and I started thinking of where I must had gotten it from! We've been intimately together for 4years, and we make love as often as we feel like although our busy schedule hasn't made us see for up to a month now. As I got the news, I felt so restless and just had to go join her at the hospital so they could carry a test to confirm my status. It came out negative. I promised her to always be by her side and wouldn't leave her cos of the disease. I trust her a lot and I believe she must have contracted it through sharp objects her makeup business exposes her to like razor blades. Dear nairalanders, I need your advice. It's 3am in the morning, and she's called thrice already; she's depressed and suicidal right now. Pls air your matured and helpful opinion. God bless you.

Just because you did a test for three or five days later and found out you are negative may not mean you are, you need to take the test in the next three month and finally in the next six month to finally confirm you as negative.

My advice to you, stay away from sex not just between you and your fiance, but any other person for that matter to avoid spread or even increase the viral load.

My advice to her, that she contracted the virus does not make her less of a human being, she can live and even have a happy home by managing the virus. she is very luck that she found out very early, the viral load may still be very low which means, its still very easy to manage.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Niyinficient(m): 5:06am On Mar 23, 2016
Bro, u need to chill for sex for d now.....carry out anoda test to ascertain ur status......love d girl.....show hermore love bt don't sex her!

Well, u neva can tell if dis is some kind of a joke or sumtin, since you guys blaun severally and u still claim u trust her!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by missyadorable(f): 5:06am On Mar 23, 2016
Op,if you have ever had unprotected sex with her and tested negative doesn't mean you are indeed negative.Do a confirmatory test 3 months after...you could be in the window period.

Don't rejoice yet!

This is why God admonished us to stay from from fornication and adultery but people of the world will not agree

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 23, 2016
No be only sharp object, she contacted it through orange.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Jostico: 5:52am On Mar 23, 2016
comfort watin? cry you nor wise? guy you only have 1 life to live if you're lucky you get a miracle.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by jmichlins(m): 5:57am On Mar 23, 2016
Guy this is hiv we are talking about here the king of viral diseases and it has no cure. Just be there for her and try find out how it happened and do not try kissing at all no matter how you want prove love to her not to talk of the main act oga na suicide you want try. In life we come alone and go alone

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Princecruiz(m): 6:00am On Mar 23, 2016
Hey bob, the first rule of safety is "urs first". Secure urself first by taking another test elsewhere, if still negative, be glorious to God and give her the necessary moral support. Thereafter, be as realistic as possible with urself in decision making.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:41am On Mar 23, 2016
She needs you now than ever before. So sad.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by GogetterMD(m): 6:42am On Mar 23, 2016
Your sequence of events should go thus.
1. Repeat your screening in 3 months time
2. Like someone said, it wouldn't harm for her to repeat her test somewhere else
3. If you love her, marry her. There are a lot of serodiscordant couples out there(pne partner negative and the other positive), and they are able to keep it that way, even having kids.
4. Being positive is not the end of the world. You could live a near normal life provided you get quality care, which is provided almost for free in many states in the country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 23, 2016
1. Run
2. Do thanksgiving in your church
3. Do not marry this girl for any reason at all. Because you will live a life of regret..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by uckennety(m): 7:31am On Mar 23, 2016
SirAweezy:
In as much as she needs you right now... Stop giving her hope for marriage, don't say anything just be neutral, it's a phase it will pass on its own.

Damn I will marry her after we reduce her viral load @ cdc

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by refiner(f): 8:17am On Mar 23, 2016
so sad!

op pls do be careful!...aids no be beans ooo

my fellow youths pls do stay away from premarital sex!...d demerit outweighs d merit!

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by LuveU2(f): 8:20am On Mar 23, 2016
Automatic cancellation of marriage if its me. A no fit shout abeg.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Abortions: 8:39am On Mar 23, 2016
U 2 should qo 2 a different Clinic 4 a final test 2 confirm it all.....If her result comes out positive 4 the second time then count yourself a victim too...Cos HIV ain't choosy my brother!!!

And don't u forqet 2 call God cos he makes way where there's none!!#Believe

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by sweetilicious(f): 8:40am On Mar 23, 2016
agarawu23:
why did you quickly came into conclusion that was where she contacted it from ? [size=15pt]do not trust ladies[/size], its one of the 10 commandment but God forget to put am.

Questions for u.
1. Since both of you have been together for 4 years, have u guys been having sex without or with protection ? I know the answer already and that made u rushed to the hospital to know your status.

2. When did she join the make up business? , is it after you guys didn't meet close to a months cos that space might be little but unexpected things can happen between that period. Who knows if she had a quickie with another guy lipsrsealed

3. Do u ever think this might even be a 'test' from her. Cos I respect her boldness for telling u the real result of her HIV test. Is the doctor yours or hers?

4. Can you marry a HIV positive lady?

You still need to go for another HIV test weeks later to be sure you are negative abi you no nack her after you guys haven't seen each other close to month?

HIV/AIDS is real. Always use CONDOM, e no cost na #50
Exactly what i wanted to ask. Go for the test again with her. HIV is real. But here, you need to be more of support to her if she truely was. This is why its good to hold yourself and be careful.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 23, 2016
Op, U tink say HIV na malaria? Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by agarawu23(m): 8:51am On Mar 23, 2016
sweetilicious:
Exactly what i wanted to ask. Go for the test again with her. HIV is real. But here, you need to be more of support to her if she truely was. This is why its good to hold yourself and be careful.
the truth is how many of us is ready to hold ourselves ?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by SirAweezy(m): 8:53am On Mar 23, 2016
uckennety:

Damn I will marry her after we reduce her viral load @ cdc

Nice one! I pray you won't change your mind.... I commend your spirit I must say!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

At Last, We Wedded / South African Lady Weeps Over Her 3rd Ex Who Is Getting Married / She Is Choking Me With Love, Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.