Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (79493 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Missonas(f): 9:29am On Nov 09, 2014
hardbody:

No be swear but satelite is so water logged and the roads are so terrible that the area will never get any better. It was fine before you left because traffic and volume of humans was less, today Lagos grows in leaps and bounds and things ever continue to deteriorate in the light of no infrastructure to support the influx of people.
You're right there.that area is congested!cannot be contained.shops everywhere and the road na die!Truth be told there is little the governemnt can do its left for those in the community to coperate and work together.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by chismo007(m): 9:29am On Nov 09, 2014
Make una share okokomaiko pix na cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by sage2(m): 9:30am On Nov 09, 2014
Picture of some parts of VI, Ikoyi and Lagos Island. Lagos has 20 constitutionally recognised Local Government. FIXED.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by rayblast(m): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2014
klem93:
Lagos good sha for pictures taken from the sky
gbam!!ur head too correct
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by lastpage: 9:32am On Nov 09, 2014
See, stop posting all this beautiful pictures of Lagos on the internet! angry angry

Before tonight now, you will see "TRUCKLOADS" of 'those people' on their way to London Lagos! shocked shocked undecided undecided

Lagos is already congested enough.

***Joking nii****

Really, No place Like Lagos!

Lastpage!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by msmon(m): 9:32am On Nov 09, 2014
Amazing indeed!
@OP, you were faster, saw these pictures on one website (can't recall) three days ago and I knew it's a sure bet for FP. Delay defeat equity you will say. *smile.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
fashola is working but its not fashola that build all this things so saying LAGOS is no man's land is not far from the truth
Yes, Fashola did not build them, they were built by your progenitors and your fore fathers developed Lagos. Between, how many mansions do you have in Lagos? Or are you not part of the Nairaland asociation of mansion-owners in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by slimfit1(m): 9:37am On Nov 09, 2014
Don't show us and say lagos is paris let us see mile 12 too.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ikwerreboy(m): 9:41am On Nov 09, 2014
ichidodo:
Beautiful cosmopolitan Lagos....My birthplace...Our No man's land..

You must be stupid. If you like dnt go back to the south east you igbo man. the yorubas will soon take u unaware.

And rememba one day lagos wil b in Oduduwa rep. and no longer Nigeria rep.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Lekison(m): 9:41am On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:
Lagos definitely has the best skyline in the country.

Lagos is beautiful from the sky but on getting close, the story changes...grin
True talk grin
phantom:
Lagos definitely has the best skyline in the country.

Lagos is beautiful from the sky but on getting close, the story changes...grin
True talk
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by matrixme(m): 9:42am On Nov 09, 2014
Ahmeduana:

NOT UNTIL YOU SHOW ME AJEGUNLE, MAKOKO, EBUTE META AND OTHER SLUMS IN LAGOS FOR EVERY BEAUTIFUL CITY THERE IS ALWAY AN HIDDEN foko, bere, itamaya, fagge sabongari and dala!
You obviously don't know what Makoko, the floating slum is inspiring for Lagos. That community is a big share of the future of Lagos. If you know the plans the architect that built the floating school made up from the slum, it would kill you. Google more on the African Water Cities Project (http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2013/03/a-vision-of-floating-cities/)
Also, every city on earth has its fair share of slums. Even the best of them, so what is the big deal?
And to those of you shouting that the city is no man's land, or that it is the Igbo's that brought civilization to Lagos, you're so wrong. Lagos is a modernist Yoruba city where lots of her Yoruba owners have worked progressively overtime to contribute to its present status.
You need to know that it's a big priviledge to have early contact with civilization, and to hold on to knowledge. That is the strenght of the yoruba tribe and indeed, Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:51am On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:

Yes, Fashola did not build them, they were built by your progenitors and your fore fathers developed Lagos. Between, how many mansions do you have in Lagos? Or are you not part of the Nairaland asociation of mansion-owners in Lagos.
lol you sound like a kid who receive fake orientation, it will not do you any bad if you avoid sentiment in your reasoning. Lagos is the collective efforts of the colonial masters who made it a capital and previous nigerian governments who build and create policies that attract investors nationwide and international, and also to the investors who came to invest in lagos wether Igbos, Hausas, Yorubas and other tribes including foreigners. Fashola's duty is to maintain and upgrade the dilapidated infrastructures and create policies that will attract more investors and more developments so when I made that comment I wasn't fooling around. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ichidodo: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2014
Ikwerreboy:

[s]You must be stupid. If you like dnt go back to the south east you igbo man. the yorubas will soon take u unaware.

And rememba one day lagos wil b in Oduduwa rep. and no longer Nigeria rep[/s].
**In Sir Alex Ferguson's accent**
"F#@k Off"...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 09, 2014
James27:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-PvBb9v3hp0A/VF1RpMPkRdI/AAAAAAAAAF4/g-gpB17SCbM/s1600/BODY2.jpg[/img]
Stop spreading virus. Why do you need access to people's computers and emails ?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
lol you sound like a kid who receive fake orientation, it will not do you any bad if you avoid sentiment in your reasoning. Lagos is the collective efforts of the colonial masters who made it a capital and previous nigerian governments who build and create policies that attract investors nationwide and international, and also to the investors who came to invest in lagos wether Igbos, Hausas, Yorubas and other tribes including foreigners. Fashola's duty is to maintain and upgrade the dilapidated infrastructures and create policies that will attract more investors and more developments so when I made that comment I wasn't fooling around. Thanks.
Port Harcourt, Abuja, Calabar are also 'no man's land' using your warped logic. Go to Lagos and tell the aboriginals that Lagos is a no man's land. Eko o ni baje
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by maniie: 9:57am On Nov 09, 2014
fashola is working,he is really trying dont u knw dat is not every area he is capable of touching some r meant to be done by the federal govt which he most nt touch.To me fashola is trying what is Goodluck doing
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 09, 2014
Am sure those saying wow are those who have never been to lagos before. Those buildings u see are located on lagos island whose landmass is a small fraction compared to other places in lagos. Also most of those buildings are built by companies and not any government (except for the bridges), so quit hailing anyone be it federal or state govt. Lagos isn't what is see in the pictures, the only places with such highrise buildings are lagos island(vi, ikoyi, marina) and ikeja. What u'll find in other parts of lagos are the every day slums.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by azimibraun: 10:01am On Nov 09, 2014
With the PDP in power, Kogi can never be like this in 482 yrs.. Kogi the worst state Wada the worst governor ever waseth.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Kei144(m): 10:03am On Nov 09, 2014
If you enter Lagos in a bus by 3-4 am, you see the beauty of Lagos. But when the day breaks and people pour onto the streets and roads, the beauty diminishes greatly. Overpopulation is the bane of Lagos. The Federal government should have made (or should make) effort to develop one major city in every geopolitical zone and catalyze the creation of employment opportunities in each major city, so that one city like Lagos will not continue to be overpopulated.

Unfortunately, in Nigeria, having multiple seaports and multiple international airports are viewed with tribal and political sentiments; yet, these are what made Lagos what it is today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Misogynist2014(m): 10:03am On Nov 09, 2014
I learnt that lagos is about having a biafran as deputy governor. cool

3 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ichidodo: 10:04am On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
fashola is working but its not fashola that build all this things so saying LAGOS is no man's land is not far from the truth
The truth is for Lagos to maintain its cosmopolitan status -a prime ctiteriion to attractin investors,structural beauty and global fame- it must remain NO MAN'S LAND as it has always been since Oba Kosoko ceded prime heartland to the British else we might have a set back up to massive proliferation of brown roof boroughs and slums like Ibadam,Oshogbo and Abeokuta..

3 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 09, 2014
All of these pics are from the island which was the former old western region. Planned by a white man

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 09, 2014
Missonas:

Exactly!just came back from lag last week and was wondering where all the 'beautification of lag' went just like I'm wondering where the op got all these pictures from.The hold up is still second to none!not been to lag in years but i must say that in my area were i grew up(satty) there has been some changes but mehn the changes get more negatives than positives grin
stop hating,we r celebrating out own,mr man pls celebr8 ur own too by posting d pictutrs of ur state(from d sky maybe)
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by watchindelta(m): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2014
no be the same oil money dis 2 gooood governor of lagos n uyo dey use make their state fine so? grin grin but my own delta ummmmm poo tongue tongue tongue my short governor tongue tongue tongue tongue pooo delta state has lost it since 000000000AD
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Natasha2(f): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2014
Wow, very nice pictures. I'll go there someday.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Youngzedd(m): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2014
Kelvin0:
Eko o ni baje grin
#The closer u get the clearer it becomes.

GBAM!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by vanbonattel: 10:09am On Nov 09, 2014
jjlala:
This is Lagos, Nigeria, West Africa, Africa. This is not London, Paris, Moscow, Dubai, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Hong Kong or Tokyo. 

Wow

Lagos is really working.

Nice one

this is a good no mans land grin
the tallest building there belongs to chukwuma nwankwo tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by peculiarabacus(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2014
Its really unbeliebeable....

Patiently waiting for pix like...
Agege
Alimosho

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by lymelyte(m): 10:11am On Nov 09, 2014
bossmini84:
All of these pics are from the island which was the former old western region. Planned by a white man
true
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by vanbonattel: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2014
ichidodo:
The truth is for Lagos to maintain its cosmopolitan status -a prime ctiteriion to attractin investors,structural beauty and global fame- it must remain NO MAN'S LAND as it has always been since Oba Kosoko ceded prime heartland to the British else we might have a set back up to massive proliferation of brown roof boroughs and slums like Ibadam,Oshogbo and Abeokuta..

Gbam!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.