Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? (45716 Views)

Young Guys With No Facial Hair, How Do You Cope? / Want To Remove Your Grey Hair Naturally? Then This Simple Tip Will Help You / What Is The Best Way To Return Grey Hair To Black ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2014
The inspiration for this thread comes from Lizzymomma's thread on bearded ladies and their travails.

It seems as though more and more young men (myself inclusive) are greying up prematurely. I am on the right side of 30 at the moment but judging by the frenetic rate at which my black hair's being displaced, i could be all grey by the time i cross to the "other side" shocked

Initially, i used to be bothered about all the snide remarks about being an old man, being accused of age falsification and all that, and i was even tempted at a point to start dyeing my hair. However, i now take all the unpleasant remarks on the chin as i can't quarrel with nature abeg grin

So, greying young men, how do you cope?

Ladies, would you consider marrying a young man who has the hair of a 60 year old?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 09, 2014
chei mba oo grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2014
EroticAngelina:
chei mba oo grin

grin

But why not, EroticAngelina? What if he possesses lots of admirable qualities? Surely you wouldn't disregard those on the basis of early grey hair, would you?

2 Likes

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2014
BlueMurder:

grin

But why not, EroticAngelina? What if he possesses lots of admirable qualities? Surely you wouldn't disregard those on the basis of early grey hair, would you?
hehehe if he is good, I can still marry him, but we will have to do something about the Grey hair grin maybe dying it or something!
my dad has not yet grown grey hair, na my husband go come dey grow grey hair? lol funny.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 09, 2014
Lmao...it's the hair season.

Can't wait to see threads about ginger hair, bald head, fvcked up hairline, nappy hair, and that strong naija hair Lil Wayne alluded to in "a milli."

This should get interesting. cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2014
EroticAngelina:
hehehe if he is good, I can still marry him, but we will have to do something about the Grey hair grin maybe dying it or something!
my dad has not yet grown grey hair, na my husband go come dey grow grey hair? lol funny.

cheesy Very funny the way you put it though.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks: while i'd gladly trade my grey strands for black ones, my barber insists that he would do anything to have grey hair shocked

I think it's genetics; my dad was all grey before he turned 45!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by GboyegaD(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2014
It isn't any crime greying early. I haven't met anyone complain about my hair greying and I think it is almost natural as most of my colleagues are already getting. I believe it is a sign of knowledge and wisdom.

5 Likes

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2014
SirShymex:
Lmao...it's the hair season.

Can't wait to see threads about ginger hair, bald head, fvcked up hairline, nappy hair, and that strong naija hair Lil Wayne alluded to in "a milli."

This should get interesting. cool

Yes Boss! In the meantime though, what's your view about the subject matter?
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2014
Yes

It's fashion cheesy

People add colour to make their's look that way so why should I not admire a natural tint hair

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2014
GboyegaD:
It isn't any crime greying early. I haven't met anyone complain about my hair greeting and I think it is almost natural as most of my colleagues are already getting. I believe it is a sign of knowledge and wisdom.

You're right. Knowledge and wisdom...now that's deep.

1 Like

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 11:56am On Nov 09, 2014
Odilafta:
Yes

It's fashion cheesy

People add colour to make their's look that way so why should I not admire a natural tint hair

Wow! Different dimension. Very interesting.

1 Like

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by corisande: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2014
Grey hair on a young handsome dude looks so cool wink
to me

And Yes! Why would grey hair stop me from marrying a person I like

30 Likes

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
BlueMurder:

cheesy Very funny the way you put it though.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks: while i'd gladly trade my grey strands for black ones, my barber insists that he would do anything to have grey hair shocked

I think it's genetics; my dad was all grey before he turned 45!
ewo!! grin someone's gonna get grey hairs soon..grin u! so ur gonna get grey hairs too?
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
BlueMurder:

Yes Boss! In the meantime though, what's your view about the subject matter?

I think it has more to do with genetics, or hormonal problems.

So it's part of life and nothing to worry about, unlike bearded chics. grin

Anyway, just look after it, and turn it into afro like Wole Soyinka the dapper don! grin

7 Likes

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
I dye my entire hair white

2 Likes

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Grey hair for me is associated with being wise and intelligent and I find intelligent men attractive..........Paired with a nice face and body, it can be very, very hot and sexy
So, grey hair is definitely sexy in my book

Striktlymi comes to mind
He's one man that carries off the grey look so well

27 Likes

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
EroticAngelina:
ewo!! grin someone's gonna get grey hairs soon..grin u! so ur gonna get grey hairs too?

Soon?! You didn't read the OP well. About 40% of my hair is already grey.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mizchief:
Grey hair for me is associated with being wise and intelligent and I find intelligent men attractive..........Paired with a nice face and body, it can be very, very hot and sexy

Striktlymi comes to mind

Thank you for your kind words. I used to think ladies have a problem with young men with greys. Probably because I currently am 'babeless'. Your mention has given me a different perspective.

@topic

I started going grey quite early. My first strand of grey appeared in my teens but then it wasn't obvious. It became obvious in my late twenties, primarily because of the stress of work. Pretty soon I should have an all grey beared.

At first I used to be bothered about it, considering that my immediate elder brother is yet to have a strand of grey hair but as time went by I got used to it and now I try to make the most of it by making it look a bit stylish.

Though my mum advised that I shave not to scare ladies away but I believe in being with someone who would accept me irrespective of my appearance. If a lady can't accept me when I am grey then I don't want her if I have no greys.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
SirShymex:

I think it has more to do with genetics, or hormonal problems.

So it's part of life and nothing to worry about, unlike bearded chics. grin

Anyway, just look after it, and turn it into afro like Wole Soyinka the dapper don! grin

Lol @ the bolded. Like someone pointed out in that thread, it's just somewhat awkward.

Yeah, Soyinka rocks the grey like he was born with it.
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
krall:
I dye my entire hair white

Really? Any particular reason for doing that?
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mizchief:

Striktlymi comes to mind

WOW! It's nice to know that some ladies find it attractive. *EYE OPENER*

1 Like

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by BlueMurder(m): 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
striktlymi:

Thank you for your kind words. I used to think ladies have a problem with young men with greys. Probably because I currently am 'babeless'. Your mention has given me a different perspective.

@topic

I started going grey quite early. My first strand of grey appeared in my teens but then it wasn't obvious. It became obvious in my late twenties, primarily because of the stress of work. Pretty soon I should have an all grey beared.

At first I used to be bothered about it, considering that my immediate elder brother is yet to have a strand of grey hair but as time went by I got used to it and now I try to make the most of it by making it look a bit stylish.

Though my mum advised that I shave not to scare ladies away but I believe in being with someone who would accept me irrespective of my appearance. If a lady can't accept me when I am grey then I don't want her if I have no greys.

@ 1st bolded: mine started much later, at 28
@2nd bolded: BRAVO!

3 Likes

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
My first boyfriend was already greying at 24, he also had grey strands on his beard
He was (is) super sexy with the greys here and there
So, I kind of grew to like men with grey hair because of him

striktlymi:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
BlueMurder:

WOW! It's nice to know that some ladies find it attractive. *EYE OPENER*
Attractive and super sexy

I'd be very "greytful" if the first grey strand will pop up now
I saw a lady last week who was all grey at 25 and I was like "boy, if only I can cut off that head and place it on my neck" grin

1 Like

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mizchief:
My first boyfriend was already greying at 24, he also had grey strands on his beard
He was (is) super sexy with the greys here and there
So, I kind of grew to like men with grey hair because of him

Super cool! That implies the current bf or hubby does not have grey hair?
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
BlueMurder:

Really? Any particular reason for doing that?
so that the color is uniform.
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
striktlymi:

Super cool! That implies the current bf or hubby does not have grey hair?
Not a single strand
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mizchief:

Not a single strand

grin
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
BlueMurder:

Lol @ the bolded. Like someone pointed out in that thread, it's just somewhat awkward.

Yeah, Soyinka rocks the grey like he was born with it.

Yeah, you just have to be proud of your hair except you have got a fvcked up a la receding hairline lol.

I think my brother has a few strands of grey hair as well. Even my own hair always look a tad bit brownish whenever I leave it to grow into flat top (one of my sisters also has the same type of hair as mine). Nothing serious, just genetics.

1 Like

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by bunmioguns(m): 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
undecided
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by ggrin(f): 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
shocked cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole / Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo) / My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.