Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,806 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? (5723 Views)

Jesus And St. Paul Condemned Islam, Foretold The Coming Of Muhammad. / Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin / Jesus Appeared Live At The Sacrament Of D St.paul's Catholic Church Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by olanje: 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
Dear Friends
kind regards
I have been doing some research on the various World religions and this includes Islam.
Upon researching Islam, it is said that Prophet Mohammed is the messenger straight after Jesus Christ.
St Paul was mentioned as the foremost messenger after Jesus Christ's ascension into Heaven.
WHAT IS THE ISLAMIC VIEW ON ST. PAUL?
I have heard differing things from differing sources and now I am bringing my enquiry here.
If you could help me with this question I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
Islam does'nt recognise paul as an apostle of christ.

Same way Jesus never recognised him.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
olanje:
Dear Friends
kind regards
I have been doing some research on the various World religions and this includes Islam.
Upon researching Islam, it is said that Prophet Mohammed is the messenger straight after Jesus Christ.
St Paul was mentioned as the foremost messenger after Jesus Christ's ascension into Heaven.
WHAT IS THE ISLAMIC VIEW ON ST. PAUL?
I have heard differing things from differing sources and now I am bringing my enquiry here.
If you could help me with this question I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in anticipation
Thank you brother, with my little knowledge, in the new american standard bible JOHN 16:12-13
he said jesus (peace be upon him ) said .I have many more thing to say to you, but you cannot bear them now, but when he the spirit of truth come he will guide you, he will not speak of his own initiative but whatever he hears,he will disclose to you what is to come.
If you critically analyse this words
The quran was reveal to prophet through Oangel gabriel not as a whole but through speaking to him, infact the first verse was reveal in a cave. when the prophet hears a strange voice saying READ in the name og your lord.
The content of holy quran is beyond anyone's initiative. the embryology physiology hydrology and so on.
On the aspect of what is to come, it was reveal all that will happen from now to the here after. in quran boadly written was how human will be resurrected go give account of there deeds on the day of judgement.
The prophet also give account of the signs of end time to be the following;
man dressing like women, homosexuality,children born outside wedlock, violence and killings that those killing will not know why they are killing and also those been killed. inbalance in the proportion of male and female that a man will av a choice of many female to choose from and among the major signs are the rise of a beast and coming back of jesus, sun rise in the west and settles in the east.
Looking at all this, and following what jesus ( peace be upon him said) john must also hear from God directly and should have knowledge of what is to come.
Please if you av anything on this as in John's I will love to av them. Thanks brother

1 Like

Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by SirHouloo(m): 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
afolag:

Thank you brother, with my little knowledge, in the new american standard bible JOHN 16:12-13
he said jesus (peace be upon him ) said .I have many more thing to say to you, but you cannot bear them now, but when he the spirit of truth come he will guide you, he will not speak of his own initiative but whatever he hears,he will disclose to you what is to come.
If you critically analyse this words
The quran was reveal to prophet through Oangel gabriel not as a whole but through speaking to him, infact the first verse was reveal in a cave. when the prophet hears a strange voice saying READ in the name og your lord.
The content of holy quran is beyond anyone's initiative. the embryology physiology hydrology and so on.
On the aspect of what is to come, it was reveal all that will happen from now to the here after. in quran boadly written was how human will be resurrected go give account of there deeds on the day of judgement.
The prophet also give account of the signs of end time to be the following;
man dressing like women, homosexuality,children born outside wedlock, violence and killings that those killing will not know why they are killing and also those been killed. inbalance in the proportion of male and female that a man will av a choice of many female to choose from and among the major signs are the rise of a beast and coming back of jesus, sun rise in the west and settles in the east.
Looking at all this, and following what jesus ( peace be upon him said) john must also hear from God directly and should have knowledge of what is to come.
Please if you av anything on this as in John's I will love to av them. Thanks brother

Mind you, the apostles were asked not to leave Jerusalem till they receive the comforter and they received the Holy Spirit a week after ascension. How do you want me to believe you then when the Holy Spirit has been at work for more than 500 years before prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and He is still at work till now.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
SirHouloo:

Mind you, the apostles were asked not to leave Jerusalem till they receive the comforter and they received the Holy Spirit a week after ascension. How do you want me to believe you then when the Holy Spirit has been at work for more than 500 years before prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and He is still at work till now.

Are you saying the holy spirit was unavailable before jesus was born?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

God communicate with his creation throught the prophet in the old testement,for God to reconcile us back to himself,he take up human flash,dwell in it, after the job has been done "it is finish" he promies us the helper, which is the holy spirit,to guide us and gives us the power to continue healing from were he stop.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:
Islam does'nt recognise paul as an apostle of christ.

Same way Jesus never recognised him.
jesus was the one that appoint paul. Muhammad is a fals prophet from the pit of hell.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
jesus was the one that appoint paul. [s] Muhammad is a fals prophet from the pit of hell. [/s]

angry
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
God communicate with his creation throught the prophet in the old testement,for God to reconcile us back to himself,he take up human flash,dwell in it, after the job has been done "it is finish" he promies us the helper, which is the holy spirit,to guide us and gives us the power to continue healing from were he stop.

Simple question

Rilwayne001:

Yes or No undecided
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
SirHouloo:

(please whoever will be giving comment in this section should do so with courtesy. We were just explaining things.)
My brother some jews do not believe jesus because they consider the time difference. if you take time to study the quran as in what it says about the past, present and the future and all the teachings it encompasses you will find out the truth.
As we believe jesus (pbuh) was sent just like moses, joseph, abraham, av u ever take time to research what went wrong btw moses and pharaoh its not just about slavery but to belive there is no other God except Allah. Abraham also what was his teachings to his pple. May Allah give us a better understanding of his words.
Thanks.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by chosen124: 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
jesus was the one that appoint paul. Muhammad is a fals prophet from the pit of hell.
well said
Mohamad is a false prophet, Islam is not a religion it is a spirit and it is the spirit of anti Christ

1 Like

Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

angry
there is no way God will apoint someone that will come and contradict his teaching.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
there is no way God will apoint someone that will come and contradict his teaching.

Is'nt the bible a contradiction itself?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Simple question

Yes or No undecided
the holy spirit was available, but never was it written in the old testement that the holy spirit dwell parmamently in someone, it was after jesus ascended to heaven that the holy spirit lives on the disciple parmamently.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
chosen124:

[s] well said
Mohamad is a false prophet, Islam is not a religion it is a spirit and it is the spirit of anti Christ [/s]

undecided
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
the holy spirit was available, but never was it written in the old testement that the holy spirit dwell parmamently in someone, it was after jesus ascended to heaven that the holy spirit lives on the disciple parmamently.

How come John was strengnthed with the holy spirit even before he was born?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by herald9: 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
see them throwing punches at each othergrin

mah just watchgrin
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Is'nt the bible a contradiction itself?
there are 3 way to understand the bible,
1.the word of God
2.the holy spirit inspired word
3.the openion of men. Men are not perfect, we make mistake,however,the mistake is not a contradiction on salvation.

But the quran which muslims claim allah write it himself,send it to muhammad was filled with sooo many eror.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
herald9:
see them throwing punches at each othergrin

mah just watchgrin
grin grin

We aint doing any punching sire.

And we aint playing any match cheesy
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
chosen124:

well said
Mohamad is a false prophet, Islam is not a religion it is a spirit and it is the spirit of anti Christ
God bless you. Check this thread and see how allah lied.www.nairaland.com/1970166/lying-deity
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
there are 3 way to understand the bible,
1.the word of God
2.the holy spirit inspired word
3.the openion of men. Men are not perfect, we make mistake,however,the mistake is not a contradiction on salvation.
But the quran which muslims claim allah write it himself,send it to muhammad was filled with sooo many eror.

Are there contradictions in the bible or not?

I asked your bros this same question a day ago, he was just stammering.

help him please
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

How come John was strengnthed with the holy spirit even before he was born?
John was filled with the holy spirit, the spirit did not dwell in Him parmamently.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Are there contradictions in the bible or not?

I asked your bros this same question a day ago, he was just stammering.

help him please
are you blind to read were i mention the opinion of men? Men are not perfect.but the quran state that allah change his prophecy on many occation.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
John was filled with the holy spirit, the spirit did not dwell in Him parmamently.

HOW ABOUT THIS

Psalm51:10-13 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me ] . Do not cast me from your presence or take your [size=15pt] Holy Spirit [/size] from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
are you blind

Behave yourself undecided

to read were i mention the opinion of men?
You mean those who wrote the bible were using theur opinion?

Men are not perfect .but the quran state that allah change his prophecy on many occation.

Whatis the need of NT if the bible God didnt change His opinion?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

HOW ABOUT THIS

Psalm51:10-13 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me ] . Do not cast me from your presence or take your [size=15pt] Holy Spirit [/size] from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you.

Psalm 51:10-13New International Version (NIV) 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. 13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
so that sinners will turn back to you.

The contex was "david pray for purity" the holy spirit dos not dwell in him parmanatly,if the holy spirit dwell in him, he wuld'nt av pray this prayer.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by herald9: 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin

We aint doing any punching sire.

And we aint playing any match cheesy
Hehehe I hear you...

abeg continue joor... am awaiting a T.K.O

cheesy
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Behave yourself undecided

You mean those who wrote the bible were using theur opinion?

Whatis the need of NT if the bible God didnt change His opinion?
God did not write it himself, he inspire men to write it,
some written was for the reader to understand.

God promies the messaiah in the old testement, and the promies come to pass in the new testement.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:

The contex was "david pray for purity"

Why do you pray despite claiming that you have holy spirit?

the holy spirit dos not dwell in him parmanatly,
Your first claim was that the holy spirit was uavailable untill Jesus ressurect from the dead is'nt it? undecided

Why are you changing your word again?

Whether it dwells in him or not, The holy spirit dwelled in him, YES or NO

if the holy spirit dwell in him, he wuld'nt av pray this prayer.

You are a joker undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
herald9:

Hehehe I hear you...

abeg continue joor... am awaiting a T.K.O

cheesy

grin grin

No T.K.O

I'll freak out very soon if they persist to be a cantankerous bellicose grin
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
God did not write it himself, he inspire men to write it,
some written was for the reader to understand.

And you think God could inspire confusion or watch men write his inspiration in a way the reader will get confused and splits into 41000 sect/denomination

God promies the messaiah in the old testement, and the promies come to pass in the new testement.

Why did'nt the messiah come immidiately after the transgression of Adam
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by olanje: 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
cool I quite apprec8 all ur contributions so far, I realy enjoy most of ur comments... Pls I wil apprec8 more if we can all argue constructively and not bashing on one another, let's respect each others faith

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iwe Orin Mimo On Mobile / Did God Create Money? / Happy Pentecost Sunday To All Faithful Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.