Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. (1514 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by baseg25(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
It pains me sometime when i look at how hard the president is trying to frustrate the opponent on 2015 presidential general election..
I think our dear president he made on Feb 1, 2011 that I‘ll not contest 2015 election – Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said he has no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015, assuring Nigerians in Diaspora that while he will not contest the 2015 election, he will ensure that this year’s election is free and fair.
The President promised that if voted in for the next four years, he would ensure significant improvement in key sectors of the economy — security, power, education, road, health amongst others.
“Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to addressed and we are working towards that with vigour. But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”
Jonathan said this while interacting with Nigerians mainly diplomats working in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, UNECA, and the African Union, AU, in Addis-Ababa.
While fielding questions from those present at the interactive session on whether Nigerians abroad will vote, Jonathan said: “I would have loved that the Nigerians in Diaspora vote this year but to be frank with you, that is going to be difficult now. Presently, the law does not allow the voting outside Nigeria and so this year Nigerians in Diaspora will not vote but I will work towards it by 2015 even though I will not be running for election.”
On the issue of security, Jonathan said the government was doing everything possible to arrest the situation. He disclosed that all those involved in the October 1 bombing had been arrested and were being prosecuted. He, however, said he ordered the release of the car dealers because they were just businessmen who could not have known that the vehicles were to be used for such heinous crime.
No wonder the Nothern leaders/elders have put a strong question mark President GEJ contesting in 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-TKBGW2SQcMk/Ur446UMxKrI/AAAAAAAA2sI/i3XaA3SGBFg/s1600/jonathan.jpg[/img]

Source : www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by olamibobo(m): 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
Wait and see
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by baseg25(m): 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
olamibobo:
Wait and see
hmhm?
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by Mogidi: 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
[size=13pt]AND BUHARI PROCLAIMED 2011 TO BE HIS LAST ELECTION.[/size]

I think Buhari still thinks we're in 2010, someone should wake that religious bigot from his sleep.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by lorddannie: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
Buhari said so several times, even in tears, but guess what? He is presenting himself to Allah and Nigerians again at a very old age.

Our Ernest prayers as Nigerians is that the baboon and the dog would not be soaked in blood again. embarassed
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by amsad19(m): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Jona-daft lacks d qualities of a good leader. As a president he is not telling the truth datx a disaster
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by baseg25(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
amsad19:
Jona-daft lacks d qualities of a good leader. As a president he is not telling the truth datx a disaster
you have a point.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by fes2ga: 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
Jonathan is a drunk and u should not blame a drunk for reneging on his promise.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by baseg25(m): 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
fes2ga:
hm
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by Chigold101(m): 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
fes2ga:
even if GEJ said that, nothing holds him back from changing his mind. After all GMB also said that 2011 will be his last but here in 2014 he is geting ready for 2015....

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by skyfaze(m): 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
Incase
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by smarthG(f): 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
amsad19:

This same man is gonna rule you till 2019.
You better start making up ur mind because its gonna shock you all.

Nigeria need peace and not a man that promiises war because he is closer to grave and has nothing to loose.

If Buhari has a good work to do, as an elder states man, he can advice n instruct not bringing more confusion for self glory!!!!!!!!!!!

IF SEUN Like let him delete my account like he did my Husbands own. The truth must be said at all cost.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by Deiok(m): 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Gej is never a man of his words. I can assure you that 90% of the promises he makes are never upheld. He is only deceiving those gullible nigerians who are claiming to be smart.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by amsad19(m): 6:22am On Nov 11, 2014
smarthG:

This same man is gonna rule you till 2019.
You better start making up ur mind because its gonna shock you all.

Nigeria need peace and not a man that promiises war because he is closer to grave and has nothing to loose.

If Buhari has a good work to do, as an elder states man, he can advice n instruct not bringing more confusion for self glory!!!!!!!!!!!

IF SEUN Like let him delete my account like he did my Husbands own. The truth must be said at all cost.

Abeg if u get nothing to say don't ever quote me again. I am from Adamawa i know everything that goodluck and his security cabals planned b4 capturing Mubi. If any1 among the jona-daft supporters will give me a concrete reason why ur so called cds Alex Badeh take all his family out of mubi 2hours b4 boko haram attack the town, i will join your group to support Jona-daft.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan : I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Feb 1,2011. by dotcomnamename: 10:12am On Sep 24, 2018
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Rev. Father Mathew Hassan Kukah On Buhari In 2010 / IGP Was Former ADC To Mariam Abacha! / BOKO HARAM Killing: Where Shall We Go From HERE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.