Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? (2714 Views)

His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary / Help! My Wife’s Mother And Her Friend Are Having My Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 2:28am On Nov 11, 2014
moca:
"My baby" is completely wrong.
Why refer to d baby as urs?

Is that how u hv been viewing d whole ish u now wanna pay her off so she stays clear off u and d baby?

One last thing, parents don't make marital choices for their wards this days and time.
Ur parent's hatred for d lady made u see all she does as bad. Something that would hv been neglected had it been an affair btw u and ur lady will be scrutinized and blown out of proportion cos parents hv already 'labelled her bad and wicked'.
That is how so many of us miss out on true love(who is ever perfect?) cos my parents said otherwise.

Yes, parents should not make choices for their children but there are exceptions to that. They can guide and advise accordingly. Then when they told me she could never make a good partner for me, because of some things they had seen about her, I didn't believe them. I ignored them and continued dating her, to the extent that I had problems with my parents just because of her. I wanted her by all means against their advice. But later when she began to show the stuff she was made of, to show her real character, I realized what they warned me against. That was when I decided to call off the relationship, to protect my own life first of all, because it's only when you're alive and have peace of mind that's when you can talk about love or relationship. Anyway, no need for all the unnecessary details here, but it was never worth it being with her in the long run.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 2:37am On Nov 11, 2014
jadelyn007:
Its obvious you still love dis girl. U neva really moved on

No I don't love her anymore and have moved on.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 2:49am On Nov 11, 2014
kandiikane:

so since the child was born, she has given you the baby and she just went about her own business? Be honest now.

I mean it is good you have been taking care of the child but I hope it was not where you left the girl and your family forced you to take the baby from her hence her hostility towards you. Plus, you are keep her away from her child. What you seem to want do right now is "buy" the child so she won't disturb you about it.

Unless, she has been a bad mother to the child, I don't see why you should keep her away from the child.

The problem with some Nigerian girls is that some think they can trap a man with pregnancy to marry them by all means. That can never never work because marriage is by consent and not by force. So she has ulterior motives. It's by love you marry not by force or because of material considerations or because of money.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 4:26am On Nov 11, 2014
blissonus:
This man is not forty something years,what nonsense? anyway you are even lucky that she's only rude to you!how can you take away a child from its mom,you and your family are wicked and evil and you will definitely get what is coming your way with full force! For the records I don't believe this your story,its not the complete truth,you twisted things to suit you! So u think by paying her off you will escape the karma that is about to hit you,Mr man you can't cheat nature.

So you doubt my age? Waaaoo that's funny. That's actually my age but I look quite handsome and younger than my age, in fact if I didn't tell you, you'll be misled to think I'm 25 or 27 when you see me. That's what most people who see me erroneously think. My younger ones look quite older and lankier.

Well I appreciate your candid views, but you're entitled to your opinion. We shall all reap the consequences of our words, thoughts and actions, so remember you're meant to advise, not to judge or castigate.

Anyway, thanks for your time.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2014
Well Mr GoodlifeNigeria, I believe you may have genuine intentions to want to reach out.

Make it a one time pay off if u have to.

Putting her on a monthly salary will only be opening door for other unforseen issues.

All the best .
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by 1mindchrisr(f): 6:15am On Nov 11, 2014
GoodlifeNigeria:

The problem with some Nigerian girls is that some think they can trap a man with pregnancy to marry them by all means. That can never never work because marriage is by consent and not by force. So she has ulterior motives. It's by love you marry not by force or because of material considerations or because of money.

d moment you decide to have d unprotected u knw what
makes u guilty
hmmm some men mxm

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by kandiikane(m): 11:25am On Nov 11, 2014
GoodlifeNigeria:

how does this relate to what I wrote? You have not answered anything You sound like someone who has been charmed. Give that mother access to her child.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by mutter(f): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
If you love your child -
Please let your child get to know the mother. It is the right of every child to know the mother. You have wronged the child by keeping the mother out of his/her life.
You can never bring back the lost years but it is better to correct a mistake later than never.
Your wife should get to know this woman and you would need to encourage that. I have seen cases where a man died and the family could not be held together because the mothers were at log ahead or had no contact.
Please poster do what is right and noble. Let the child get to know the mothr. The love for you will not deminish but rather increase. Help the women to get to know each other. Help and support this woman how you can because if she goes down it would be a burden and pain for the child. It would be wrong of you to project your own opinion of the woman on the child. Even if the woman had been bad before, life and experiences might have changed that.
The truth is you had absolutly no reason to keep the child from her and the child will always lack this love of a mother.
Remember you might have moved on but your child has not. ..
I pray you have the grace to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
GoodlifeNigeria:
Well first of all I must thank all of you for your comments, suggestions and advice. I'm really grateful to you all for finding the time to contribute to the issue at stake.

I will find time and do my best to reply your questions as soon as I can. Thanks once again and God bless you all.
but you will not reply if she is allowed to see her child or not?
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Natasha2(f): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
Please reply already. Does the child have access to its mother? If no then I believe your story is just painted to make her look bad. Denying a child the right to his or her parent is just wrong too wrong to be right. I think you are feeling guilty for something. If not then why the sudden need to pay her?
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by blissonus: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
You are a child for even trying to convince me that u are in your forties,you are so full of yourSelf so makes you so special that she wants to trap you with pregnancy and why did you not use a condom with her. I know guys like you, u don't have balls,you are nit even fit to be called a man, let me ask you, when u when doing the thing with her did you ask your parents the position wey go use knack am? Na when shit hit fan you ran to mommy and daddy and spare me that carp of you seeing her true colours after, if it wasn't for the pregnancy would you have noticed all those traits you complained about, but you just wanted to look for something to hold against her so that you will fee. Alright with your miserable self, I tell you my dear you will definitely get what is coming you way, when ppl are doing things they don't think of tomorrow and just because you have small change you think you can do anyhow,u better go and make peace with that Lady. Another thing that is bothering me Is why would a woman give up her child so easily like that,this guy is mot telling us the truth! Abeg shift go one side you think say everybody be mumu like u abi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? / Pls Ur Urgent Advice Is Needed To Save A Marriage... / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.