Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Rochas Declares For Presidency. - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Declares For Presidency. (58662 Views)

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by abagoro(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
fixmeon:
Rochas, ur on ur own, the igbos are not agitating for presidency for now. Let GEJ finish his tenure n the igbos will massively support him cos his is our own. How far imo with substandard road networks that are failing rt now, under hu's administration? GEJ MUST FINISH HIS TENURE & THE IGBOS ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND HIM.

I will shock you people soon with, Jonathans substandard roads of less than 3montgs. Rochas is a legend.
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by jomoh: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
Anaskie:
Wow. That's a very nice analysis. I'm sure this was planned by the APC chieftains.
Quite brilliant though.

Themandator:

Theory. First travel to Rivers state,ask randomly people's opinion about Amaechi being against Jonathan then come back here. ..it is not by propaganda

Freest:

Are you kidding me You spoilt it all by calling Edo... You have no idea!!!

gingger:

Speak for urself.. Am an Edo man.. We d way oshiomole is doing.. I doubt if APC will come into power both in d presidential level n d state level .. We ve a lot of PDP in Edo state .. Ain't a supporter of any party.. All I want is good leadership.. Be it APC or PDP.. I don't give a damn..

leofab:
what do you mean by the above? Will APC field more than one candidate for the final election?

That's what is called permutation in politics.

You try as much as possible to neutralise your opponents stronghold while trying to keep yours intact.

The motive is not to absolutely win the state or zone but to at the least be able to have something to show. Even bayelsa is not totally his.

When you unsettle your opponents stronghold they lose concentration on your own in the process of settling theirs.
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by millionaireman: 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
booqee:
it doesn't rhyme joor. I prefer okorocha/fashola with fashola as vice

in fact I don't know why fashola don't wanna run for president

From the southwest and the rest of Nigeria, knowledgeable people and people who know the importance of justice and equity for a country support Gov. Rochas Okorocha for APC presidential ticket.

Any Rochas/Fashola or Rochas/Kwankwaso or Rochas/Atiku or Ngige/Buhari in APC presidential ticket shall land APC in Aso Rock May 2015. Why? Justice rings bell before the ears of good people - except before the ears of devils.

The north and Southwest have together ruled Nigeria since independence, until fate gave Aso Rock to Jonathan from the southsouth.

It is the turn of the Igbo to take up the presidency of Nigeria once GEJ leaves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by christopher123(m): 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
He is the only dude that is apc can sell any other person is a nightmare

This will make or mare apc
Let us see

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by millionaireman: 3:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
Some people from the SW seem to have the belief that if Buhari becomes president in 2015 with a VP from the SW, before long Buhari shall leave and a Southwestener shall become president. But that is easier said than done.

Truth is that if Buhari leaves before eight years, the north must insist on retaining the presidency after that; and north must get what it wants, even more than eight years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Sweetlemon(f): 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
millionaireman:

From the southwest and the rest of Nigeria, knowledgeable people and people who know the importance of justice and equity for a country support Gov. Rochas Okorocha for APC presidential ticket.

Any Rochas/Fashola or Rochas/Kwankwaso or Rochas/Atiku or Ngige/Buhari in APC presidential ticket shall land APC in Aso Rock May 2015. Why? Justice rings bell before the ears of good people - except before the ears of devils.

The north and Southwest have together ruled Nigeria since independence, until fate gave Aso Rock to Jonathan from the southsouth.

It is the turn of the Igbo to take up the presidency of Nigeria once GEJ leaves.

AMEN My brother!

But I'm not comfortable with the pick up and trailer stuff though. Some things shouldn't just be said when you are in high places unless you make it clear it's just a joke.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by petnuel(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
“I heard that some of them are boasting of money, but tell them that Rochas has come; any day you hear that PDP brought money with pick-up, tell me so that I will bring money with trailer. All these PDP leaders in South-East, if you put their money together, it is not equal to half of my money.”

Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by millionaireman: 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sweetlemon:

AMEN My brother!

But I'm not comfortable with the pick up and trailer stuff though. Some things shouldn't just be said when you are in high places unless you make it clear it's just a joke.

Political campaign is not all about hitting hard against your opponents, it entails injection of humour into the campaign, that was what the trailer and pick-up talk was about - humour.
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Mancity26(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
Jenams:
“I heard that some of them are boasting of
money, but tell them that Rochas has come; any day you hear that PDP brought money with pick-up, tell me so that I will bring money with trailer. All these PDP leaders in South-East, if you put their money together, it is not equal to half of my money.”
See the kind of man governin a state! Nigeria is in trouble!
Embezzler of public fund is liable to die young. He boast of money as if he is federal govt, where will he get the trailer of money if not our mis-used fund. Am Ibo but I don't support crime, I wish him success if he can overcome GMB, Kwankwoso nd co in primary election
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Sweetlemon(f): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
millionaireman:

Political campaign is not all about hitting hard against your opponents, it entails injection of humour into the campaign, that was what the trailer and pick-up talk was about - humour.

I hope so. It seems so sha
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by kaboninc(m): 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
millionaireman:

It is comment like this that instead of uniting us divides us, as long as the entire length of all the oceans of the world put together. If I want an Igbo man to become President, definitely not Rochas even if Nigeria occupies the whole world! Look for COMPETENCE brother and not NEPOTISM!
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by petsam11(m): 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
millionaireman:

Political campaign is not all about hitting hard against your opponents, it entails injection of humour into the campaign, that was what the qqtrailer and pick-up talk was about - humour.
Mehn! You must be a politician...I like that!!!
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by drnoel: 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
talktimi:
By Francis Igata

ENUGU — Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, yesterday, declared his intention to run for the 2015 presidential election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

In an emphatic statement, the Governor said, “I will be Nigeria’s President in 2015.”

He made the declaration at a rally organized by the Enugu State chapter of the APC at the Igbozurume Hall, in Emene, Enugu State.

The governor said Jonathan was not an Igbo man and that the PDP-led government had consistently marginalized the people of the South-East.

According to him: “Jonathan is not from the South-East, the Vice President is not from here, the Senate President, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, the Inspector General of Police, IGP, and the security chiefs, none of them is from the South-East. Igbo people have no place in Nigeria. How can we say that PDP belongs to Ndigbo?

“Niger Bridge is 419, Enugu/Onitsha and Port-Hacourt Express way are all evidences of their hatred for Ndigbo; they don’t remember the poor, all our leaders in PDP are only interested in their pockets, they don’t care about our children’s education.

“We are angry and we said we have to come out; in Imo State, poor people are happy now, they study from primary to university without paying penny; our God party is bigger than their God, if what they are doing to the poor people here is good, let them continue but if it is bad, God will uproot them.

In 2015, I will be the president of Nigeria, I have gone to Kaduna, I have gone to Lagos, I am in Enugu today, they are already afraid; they are now calling for dialogue. If they are discussing those contesting for presidency on the platform of APC, Owelle will be the first, Buhari and then Kwakwanso; they said it was zoned to the North, I told our party, when did the meeting take place? I also met with my brother Ngige and we zoned it to Ndigbo.

“APC is an emergency party for new Nigeria, if PDP is doing well, I would not have joined APC, when God wants to do something, he does it from anywhere, it doesn’t matter whether Nwobodo, Ken, Nwodo, Ekweremadu are with us or not.

“I heard that some of them are boasting of money, but tell them that Rochas has come; any day you hear that PDP brought money with pick-up, tell me so that I will bring money with trailer. All these PDP leaders in South-East, if you put their money together, it is not equal to half of my money.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/rochas-declares-presidency/

Rochas is really a confusionist. I am laughing with all my legs thrown up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Walspring: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
talktimi:
By Francis Igata

ENUGU — Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, yesterday, declared his intention to run for the 2015 presidential election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

In an emphatic statement, the Governor said, “I will be Nigeria’s President in 2015.”

He made the declaration at a rally organized by the Enugu State chapter of the APC at the Igbozurume Hall, in Emene, Enugu State.

The governor said Jonathan was not an Igbo man and that the PDP-led government had consistently marginalized the people of the South-East.

According to him: “Jonathan is not from the South-East, the Vice President is not from here, the Senate President, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, the Inspector General of Police, IGP, and the security chiefs, none of them is from the South-East. Igbo people have no place in Nigeria. How can we say that PDP belongs to Ndigbo?

“Niger Bridge is 419, Enugu/Onitsha and Port-Hacourt Express way are all evidences of their hatred for Ndigbo; they don’t remember the poor, all our leaders in PDP are only interested in their pockets, they don’t care about our children’s education.

“We are angry and we said we have to come out; in Imo State, poor people are happy now, they study from primary to university without paying penny; our God party is bigger than their God, if what they are doing to the poor people here is good, let them continue but if it is bad, God will uproot them.

In 2015, I will be the president of Nigeria, I have gone to Kaduna, I have gone to Lagos, I am in Enugu today, they are already afraid; they are now calling for dialogue. If they are discussing those contesting for presidency on the platform of APC, Owelle will be the first, Buhari and then Kwakwanso; they said it was zoned to the North, I told our party, when did the meeting take place? I also met with my brother Ngige and we zoned it to Ndigbo.

“APC is an emergency party for new Nigeria, if PDP is doing well, I would not have joined APC, when God wants to do something, he does it from anywhere, it doesn’t matter whether Nwobodo, Ken, Nwodo, Ekweremadu are with us or not.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/rochas-declares-presidency/

Imagine this statement from someone that wants to become president soon.. I hope we Nigerians can see that all these new parties are have same blood with pdp
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by dmozart: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
debbie:
OKOROCHA,OKOROCHA,OKOROCHA....how many times did i call you? please leave this your super story and come and finish the abandoned projects in owerri.you have succeeded in making owerri look even messy and funny.All the roads you constructed are crying for mercy,the round abouts in owerri all look funny,chukwuma nwoha road,imsu/transfigurationroad,orji roads,all the roads in prefab,inside the town......imsu back gate is now a den of robbers,there is no single drainage in owerri( at least aladimma,prefab and urrata)..To those who dont know what i am talking about,biko keep quiet........if you come to owerri,all you see is half-done projects!
Though you have done somethings,no doubt about that,but for you to go for presidency.....MBA OOOOO
You speech always sounds sweeter than what you do..making promises you can never fulfill,yet you want to be the president of Nigeria.
Please first of all redeem your image in imo state and finish what you have started.

Anyway for record sake,below are the achievements of OWELLE ROCHAS OKOROCHA (ORO)

1. Sacking of 10,000 youths employed by ohakim.

2. Sacking of over 300 Imo workers from ITC.

3. Sacking of all Concorde staff. The big question is; how many times will concorde be reconstructed in Okorocha's administration?

4. Sacking of all the development centers staff and scraping them.

5. Sacking and scrapping Imo state investment promotion Agency (ISIPA).

6. Sacking all staff and scrapping IROMA.

7. Sacking all ENTRACO Cadets.

8. Sacking all city sweepers.

9. Sacking all staff of wonder lake development corporation, e.t.c.

The statistics shows that ORO has sacked more than 300,000 imo citizens 4rm employment. Does it mean that he doesn't like the poor? Hmmm!

10. Destroying Ama JK park.

11. Selling of government owned companies to his brother and relatives in the guise of lease. E.g ITC Adapalm, Concorde and Imo Municipal transport company, Imo municipal was set up by Ikedi Ohakim's administration.

12. Decieving Imolites over free education of which 80% admission is given to non-indegenes while 20% to Imo students. The truth is that Federal government is funding primary 1 to JSS3. While the billions claimed to be spent on free education is a pure scam.

13. Claims of spending 4billion Naira on school uniforms, sandals and canvas to students, whereas only few schools and students in urban area benefited from it.

14. Misusing over N1.8Trillion (allocation) from 29th May 2011 to date as many uncompleted projects are scattered everywhere. The total not even upto 100Billion naira.

15. Improverishing Imolites by doing all the contrats alone through his surrogates.

16. ORO have repeatedly told Imolites that part of his achievements is construction of 305 modern school buildings in the 305 INEC wards in Imo state. But investigation has shown that not up to 30% of the projects have been completed. ORO why?

17. None of the 27 general hospital projects embarked upon by ORO has been completed for about three and half years of his administration, ORO why?

18. Awarding of juicy contracts to family members, e.g Installation of solar energy street lights from control post roundabout, through Bank road and Wethral to Aba road to his elder sister Geraldine at a unit cost of N1million for a pole. ORO Habaa!

19. Award of contracts for the construction of roundabouts to his surrogates at a staggering and whooping sum of forty million naira for a mere roundabout. Chai!

PLEASE DONT EVEN QUOTE ME FOR ONE SILLY COMMENT,YOU ARE SURELY ON YOUR OWN

YOURS TRULY
PAID Pdp pay per post stooge!!! Working really hard for your money. TANJAWEED!!! Ji sike ! #in PEG's voice# God will see us
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by dmozart: 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
adehsenior:

All those accusing Jonathan about Boko haram insurgency are just trying to give the dog a bad name,if the northern elites are serious about ending boko haram insurgency the will do that,i don't want to believe boko haram are ghost, they are people well known by the northern elders,we all know it's an islamic jihadist movement(saying this without apology), i believ when boko haram started springing up in 2009 Jonathan was not the president then,even when Mohammed Yusuf the then boko haram leader was killed,Jonathan was not responsible for his death,so please let leave Jonathan out of this and let Babangida and his Islamist Apologist Buhari call their boys to order and let's see if peace will not return to this country.
So what should the President do?
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by micolaj: 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
maimalari:
I wish u success Mr okorocha. U deserve to be president. Please remember to make education free all over Nigeria as u have done in your state. Oh Nigeria is about to receive a blessing. ###dancing##
dancing as well
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by talktimi(m): 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
abagoro:

So you copied my thread and changed the title.
are you on drugs ?
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Jbossrymes(m): 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
abagoro:

Every wise Nigerian knows that Jonathan coming back in 2015 will lead to the biggest catastrophe in African history. A religious, ethnic and political war that will last forever killing at least 20million. To save Nigeria Jonathan has to go peacefully. Obasanjo warned him already.
this is why some of u are called slaves, cowards, so u mean because of fear of northerners GEJ should not contest?? Its like u be one of those aboki-born imolites

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Aluweezy(m): 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
I don't enjoy discussing politics at all but I school in imo state, and the FUTO/Fedpoly nekede road is really bad and is yet to be repaired, and I believe the road is a federal road. rochas doesn't look like someone who can hold power in the south-eastern states talk more the country

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Marlboro1: 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
Raiders:
I thought he was going for reelection as governor of imo. Good luck to him
Just couple of days ago, he reassured Imo people he is not going anywhere but will go for second term. Imo people want Rochas to complete his projects already started by returning. But seems to me he is not focussed as to his future. Presidency for him is a pipe dream. APC has no chance in Igbo land and he ought to have learnt that lesson from Ngige.
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Luckysimo111(m): 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
This man lack focus
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by HINCO(m): 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
grin shocked
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by PointB: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
If Rochas get's the ticket, I'll have no choice than switch my alliance. Blood is always thicker than water, until then it's GEJ till 2019! I aint voting any born to rule, especially a bigoted ex-dictator!

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by spankyflex(m): 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
mcshol:
u see urself? U prefer GEj to tell u things u want to hear abi. Pls don't use statements as criteria. I fear for nigeria. Where are we really heading to with dis mentality.
really disappointed man;what should we use?
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
Iykopee:

My guy na lie.. Didnt some1 boast of borrowing money to purchase a nomination form? So how's dat person better than okorocha?
Your comparison is faulty. Buhari did not boast of having money, I was referring to Okoracha's statement of using money as a criterion to canvass for support instead of ideologies and laid out plans on how he intends to make Nigeria better if voted as president. Money shouldn't be the criterion for canvassing for support but it is just unfortunate that that is the language South Easterns understand
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
Wow, i'm definitely voting for him.
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Iceman296: 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
chisco82:

Meen! This statemoent got me laugh tire.

Aswear. The Man na Craze Person!
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by brightoinmcs: 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2014
I just like this man for his passion and optimism. I'll become APC fan if he eventually gets the ticket ahead of Buhari after their primaries.
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Fourwinds: 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
dis man is not serious y not emulate d likes of Fashola and Oshiomhole and go for 2nd term before thinking of presidency.
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by DeWisedon(m): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
IF TO SAY I BE POLITICIAN, I FOR BECOME ROCHAS OKOROCHA
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
always knew that's why he decamped from Apga.in as much as i know this would annoy my kins,i dare say we Igbo's aren't ready or better still it isn't the right time for igbos to rule Nigeria. we have previously paid for doing the right thing at the wrong time -eg the first coup,aguyi taking over at a time of great igbophobia,declaring succession only when we faced total destruction as a race. We must first develop our economy in the south east and consolidate our position such that we become indispensable to Nigeria(or at least some regions).We are just beginning to find footing politically in Nigeria since after the war .gej played a good part in this development.besides the northern and south west parts of Nigeria dont trust us wholly yet.our south south brethren are beginning to identify with us,we shouldn't do anything to jeorpadise it.mostly,for once we igbos should sit on the fence and watch other parts struggle it out.the patient dog the say eats the biggest bone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ayodele Fayose Asks Atiku To Accept Defeat, Return To Dubai / Ernest Shonekan Buried In ₦30 Million Vault, ₦8 Million Casket / Nnamdi Kanu's Outfit To Owerri As He Visited Earlier Today (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.