Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola (26679 Views)

Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo / 2015: Reclaiming The Future: Fashola, Dangiwa Umar, Kukah, Others On The Way / Leading Into The Future. Fashola Hands Over Sec Command And Control Center. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 11, 2014
Fashola is a remarkable governor which makes him a green light potential to transform this country as a president.

I will advice him to rest for the next four and gather the necessary skills/expertise to become a successful president.

If fashola can declare his presidential intention on the day of voting, I will come out to vote but with d presidential candidates we have, am not gona vote.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by IYANGBALI: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2014
efilefun:

You all come here saying trash about him, have you for once controlled those ur people that pour all sorts of trash in the gutter or ain't u guilty of throwing trash on the road? This and many more are the causes of bad roads abii na fashola go come help una pack dirty after una close? The population of Lagos alone is X3 of some states and I could remember FG seizing some funds cuz of the 53 LG issue. If Lagos ain't conducive, am sure you ain't having issues returning to your state
pls ignore that yamirin omo ajaokuta ma mu omi
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by BigBen10: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

But of course.

In an industrial society....government relies on the taxes from the people and from the companies that work within its territory. Thus, it is in the interest that everything works....or else...the industries will run away, the people won't have jobs. and the tax revenues will go down, and that will lead to a govt unable to do anything.(At which point it gets thrown out.)

In a resource dependent society, government is not reliant on the taxes of the people and the industries within its territory...because it really does not depend on their taxes....so industry founders, and jobs get lost. Also, in the name of development projects, millions of naira or pounds or dollars or whatever are spent on projects for which materiel has to be imported....also since we do not have industries...we have to import. Meaning existing industries get stifled....and we lose a lot of jobs...leading to large youth unemployment and a loss of value in education.

Important to our discussion is the corruption aspect. And the tribe. Under a resource dependent economy, government exists to distribute the resources from the sale of oil, which in theory means that such money would be used for development...in practice...it is spent unwisely...because, as we know the money cannot run out.. Subsequently....the closer you are to the seat of power, the more of the money you get. That is why we have the reckless manipulation of religion and tribe in Nigeria. It is all about who gets the oil. And combined with the high youth unemployment and underemployment that the country faces....we have the ingredients for a big explosion.

I daresay your Fashola would be a good leader...however, like most Nigerian politicians, he is an oil dependent leader. He is good in the sense that he appears to distribute the oil money better than others. Otherwise....in terms of industrial development, educational development, self sufficiency and so on....Fashola is a poor leader. He has not been able to say, after 8 years , that Lagos has been developed to a state of complete financial independence from Abuja's oil money. He cannot say how many new industries have relocated to Lagos....industries that use the raw materials in Nigeria BTW....he cannot say if the education system is innovative or is producing innovators.And that is my problem with Nigeria's leaders....both opposition and in power. They are acting as distributors of oil money.....and their people expect them to distribute the oil money well well. Well, that is not what they are supposed to do. God, in his infinite wisdom gave us oil....as the direct and indirect catalyst of our development into a strong and self sufficient nation. But now, nearly 70 years since Oloibiri.....we have as a result of our dependence on oil, become a weak and seriously vulnerable nation. We have become, in short, a nation of resource addicts. And like most addicts, we need higher amounts of the drug for our fix. But the drug is running out...and pretty soon we may have to face life without it.

Nigeria's leaders and people can make our nation great.....and the road to greatness starts by our ending the idea of government as a distributor of good and wonderful oil cakes.

Oil is a curse.

even with lagos IGR you still say he is oil dependent leader?
I think ur analysis is abit flawed.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by IYANGBALI: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2014
wristwatch:
Fashola is a remarkable governor which makes him a green light potential to transform this country as a president.

I will advice him to rest for the next four and gather the necessary skills/expertise to become a successful president.

If fashola can declare his presidential intention on the day of voting, I will come out to vote but with d presidential candidates we have, am not gona vote.
I'm sending this and some other comments to his facebook and e.mail. We must advice the guy so that they don't mess him up politically.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by laurel03(m): 8:56am On Nov 11, 2014
Fashola cant contest 4 senator now because of Tinubu and ur vice presidential is not certain because of religion issue... but if APC win P-election u can become minister or other appointment... aside that till 2019
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by adedayourt(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2014
That's bcus tinnubu hasnt told him what nxt to do.....
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 11, 2014
smallJagaban:
I LIKE THE WAY HE DEPORTED SOME Igbos. HE MAKES THEM KNOW THAT LAGOS IS NOT NO MAN'S LAND.

FASHOLA, BEST GOVERNOR EVER RULETH IN HIS GENERATION

dude am a yoruba man. This comment of urs is sick. We are talking about building a great Nigeria, u r talkin abt tribalism. Fash is not a tribalist but u are sir.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 11, 2014
IYANGBALI:
I'm sending this and some other comments to his facebook and e.mail. We must advice the guy so that they don't mess him up politically.

Nice move sir
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by focus7: 9:07am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 11, 2014
BigBen10:

even with lagos IGR you still say he is oil dependent leader?
I think ur analysis is abit flawed.

Wot IGR?

The goal of course should be that Lagos

1) Eventually achieves a state of self sufficiency that it won't even need money from the FG.

2) That Lagos gets an IGR probably up to a trillion naira per annum.

And as for Lagos, so also for the states. The oil money was meant to make each and every state self sufficient, industrial powerhouses....not oil dependent go to Abuja every month servants.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by OLADD: 9:12am On Nov 11, 2014
IYANGBALI:
says who?just watch. Leadership lomo grin
[/color][color=#006600]

Which leadership position? As far as Nigeria is concerned, there are four topmost leadership positions vis-a-vis President, VP, Senate President and Speaker and by available evidence, Fashola has been schemed out of all.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 11, 2014
smallJagaban:
I LIKE THE WAY HE DEPORTED SOME Igbos. HE MAKES THEM KNOW THAT LAGOS IS NOT NO MAN'S LAND.

And it caused your blood thirsty party Anambra guber election. Am sure next time you will be careful to tolerate other tribes cos in them lies your strength.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by KLand(m): 9:13am On Nov 11, 2014
FASHOLA: you will have my vote if you would go for presidency. You won't succeed as vp....
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 11, 2014
Firefire:
With six months left in his tenure, Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has said he did not know what his next step in politics would be.

Fashola, who said this during an interview with Channels Television, noted that in spite of the efforts of the Peoples Democratic Party, his party, the All Progressives Congress, would retain Lagos State in 2015.

When asked what his next step in politics would be, he said, “I don’t know honestly. I do well in multitasking. I have a job to do that runs until May 2015. And up till now people haven’t stopped asking me and my government for services. My mandate expires on the 29th of May and I’m going to give my best shot until the very final hour.”

He added that that he hoped that his successor would be able to do better than he has done.

On whether he would influence the emergence of the next governor of Lagos, Fashola said it was left for the electorate to decide.

“I’ve met those who are running for governor on the platform of my party and I think all of them are good enough to lead us but the ultimate choice of who will lead us will depend on the larger body polity and the registered voters,” he said
...I know one thing for sure Fashola will NEVER be the President of Nigeria,nor the Vice-President...
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Uniqueteco(m): 9:34am On Nov 11, 2014
Rest from politics.
At right time, patriot Nigerian will call you back . You are right
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by oluwasegun007(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2014
What an honourable man, leaving tje stage when the ovation is loudest....from an armature politician I say you are a role model for consideration.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by taiwoflb: 9:40am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by anonimi: 9:40am On Nov 11, 2014
But he surely knows his FINANCIAL future, nor be so
Over N3 trillion down the drain in eight years with very little to show for it shocked
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by sherbol: 9:41am On Nov 11, 2014
LET ME START BY ASKING YOU THIS QUES. DO YOU LIVE IN LAGOS?HAVE YOU BEEN TO LAGOS? THEN, WHY ARE YOU SAYING THERE IS MASSIVE CORRUPTION IN LAGOS?YOU SAID HIS POPULARITY DOES NOT GO BEYOND LAGOS AND A FEW SOUTH WEST STATES,THIS SHOWS YOU DONT HAVE YOUR FACTS AND FIGURES.BTW 2012 & NOW, I HAVE BEEN TO ALL THE STATES IN THE SOUTH EAST AND FASHOLA POPULARITY IS BEYOND THE SOUTH WEST REGION.PLZ SHUT UP IF YOU DONT NO WOT TO SAY. DO YOU NO WOT IS HAPPENING IN UR STATE AT ALL?I HATE WEN SOME UNINFORMED FELLOW JUST OPEN MOUTH AND SAY RUBBISH.WOT DO U NO ABT LAGOS GOVT?
JudismphD:
What a confused man, under a confused platform with a confused ambition. What political future again? With the massive corruption in your state, and communal wealth of Lagosians shared with his godfather Tinubu for future patronage. Fashola popularity do not go beyond Lagos and few South West states. Those deceiving him to be relevant in National polity are only doing so to polish his ego. The event of 2015, vituperation and mob followership of opposition that will characterize Lagos election will as a result of fashola disconnect with the very poor of the state he made every effort to strangulate.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by teendog(m): 9:43am On Nov 11, 2014
smallJagaban:

Useless respond frm a clueless slowpoke,is that d topic?
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 11, 2014
Anything you decided will be supported by Lagosans. We will support you with our prayers and out votes. I am proudly APC..!
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2014
fitzmayowa:

The best way to hide stup1dity is to always remain quiet if you don't have anything tangible to say...What's the attack on igbo for

May God heal your tribal sickness...Amen
Yeeee!
Oro O!
Ikunle o!
Yabbis of life

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by mikeapollo: 10:55am On Nov 11, 2014
If every Nigerian would think like me, You have no political future!
I can never vote for a man that would increase tuition fee in federal universities to millions of naira per session, all in the name of turning those schools into ''world class'. He has denied potential university admissions to thousands of students during his 3 year madness of increasing tuition fees in LASU without a just reason. What is compensation for thousands of students who missed admission because of the tuition fee hike?
I dont want a person that would be flexing muscles with medical doctors while patients are dying in hospitals. I don't want a mad person that would wake up drunk and say he has sacked all 700+ medical doctors in the state. Such lunatic can equally wake up and say he has sacked all the medical doctors in federal govt hospitals in the country!
I don't want a person that would respect the voice of his godfather more than the voice of teeming dying masses.

I don't want a greedy corrupt govt that would use every capital projects like roads and bridges to exploit the masses of the people. Jakande built the Lekki Expressway without extorting money from Lagosians. A thief now adds just one lane to the road and is extorting N120 as toll. Same for the Ikoyi bridge....a project funded with government! What a fraud!

Mediocre and incompetent people always rule us in this county because Nigerians have become cheap and people are easily carried away so we worship mediocrity.

Within a shorter period of time, Ibikunle Amosun has performed much better in Ogun State than the arrogant and anti-masses Fashola in Lagos

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by edgyslim: 10:56am On Nov 11, 2014
Fashola...A man after my own heart

#No_homo
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Firefire(m): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2014
Demdem, Billyonaire, Ibnsultan, egift, Obiageli, ngeneukwenu, Aresa, Ekoile, Ekoile1, Gbawe, Barcanista and members of APC covens do you by chance know Fashola political future

Abi na so ee go end for am ?
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Demdem(m): 11:13am On Nov 11, 2014
Firefire:
Demdem, Billyonaire, Ibnsultan, egift, Obiageli, ngeneukwenu, Aresa, Ekoile, Ekoile1, Gbawe, Barcanista and members of APC covens do you by chance know Fashola political future

Abi na so ee go end for am ?

He is old enough and mature to make decisions for himself and family.
I trust his judgement, let him be.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by thaoriginator: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2014
smallJagaban:

grin
grin
grin
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by benniet(m): 11:22am On Nov 11, 2014
JudismphD:
What a confused man, under a confused platform with a confused ambition. What political future again? With the massive corruption in your state, and communal wealth of Lagosians shared with his godfather Tinubu for future patronage. Fashola popularity do not go beyond Lagos and few South West states. Those deceiving him to be relevant in National polity are only doing so to polish his ego. The event of 2015, vituperation and mob followership of opposition that will characterize Lagos election will as a result of fashola disconnect with the very poor of the state he made every effort to strangulate.
You're there speaking stupid grammar while Lagosians are busy enjoying the dividend of democracy that your clueless president can not boast a tenth of. If your president runs against Fashola in a free and fair election,he will make history as the incumbent president that got the least ever vote,not enough to win even his village Otueke. Fools like you be saying rubbish about Fashola when all you shameless president can boast of as an achievement in 5yrs of being president are the blood and tears of innocents as a result of his gross incompetence. Apprentice president and his coursed supporter.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by stebell(m): 11:22am On Nov 11, 2014
As long as he is being projected to pair wit Buhari, then I see no future for him.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by folu4real(f): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2014
you are never a politician just that you are fortunate to be the Governor of Lagos State. (such a lucky man)
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by segxi1960: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2014
Vie for President.

Nigerians would support you.

Free yourself of the jagaban.
Re: I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2014
Mogidi:
I just hope Fashola can untie the apron strings that bind him to Tinubu. About time he becomes his own man.

Fashola is his own man, asides the other unsavory aspects of his administration. i will only say this. It is Politics and you cannot expect the Ideal in a less-than ideal environment. I don't think he has done exceptionally well. i think he has beyond our timid expectations and sadly we only caught a glimpse of what can be achieved in Lagos during the past 15 years of APC. Fashola can be more than his ovation stands currently. I understand that while you can criticize insult and demean the Office of the President, one must not utter a letter of any word in the negative when it comes to BRF. He is a stellar example of what Governance is and how it should work. but I still stand on the bedrock of sustainable empowerment for the future generations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supporting Buhari Was A Serious Mistake — Fawehinmi / "Bishop Henry Sado Buys N36,000 Phone With Buhari’s Money" - Diasporareporters / Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.