Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,274 members, 7,836,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms (39174 Views)

Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / FFK Blasts US Senator Leahy For Calling Nigerian Soldiers "Rapists & Murderers" / See What The World Is Saying About America's Refusal To Sell Arms To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
CityNG:

You didn't answer the question that you quoted.

I ask again.

What specific Nigerian resource is the US milking away?

To learned folks, there's a huge difference between an "investment opportunity" and "milking away".

Iya Sikira alakara is selling akara. I go there and she willingly gives me a discount on her akara. I continue to patronize her because she recognizes me as a staunch customer so it is an investment opportunity.

If I stay their and when she turns her back and I then steal one akara then that is miking away.

In both instances she is free to stop doing commerce with me.
So they invest to d point that they don't lack petrol and sell a gallon of petrol @ 3$ for a country that don't produce petrol
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

So they invest to d point that they don't lack petrol and sell a gallon of petrol @ 3$ for a country that don't produce petrol

Was there strong arming involved?

I mean did the US force any country to sell oil to them.

Is Nigeria unable to stop doing commerce with ANY country where there is no mutual benefit?

I knew this is where you were going but I was prepared to wait you out until you typed it.

When you go to Alesinloye, don't you buy from the cheapest merchant (for the same good)? Is it your business or fault if the merchant is selling at a loss?

We have our own oil and we also buy from various sources not just from Nigeria. We also have refineries where we produce our own petrol. Not sure where you are getting your source.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm sorry, WHAT?? Did you just say that America created Nigeria?

We have the highest percentage of stúpid people in the world.

Missy,
By they, I am not referring to America!
I am referring to Colonialists and Imperialists!

Remember, I was replying to someone who mentioned "Africa".
Also Missy, I did not say Nigeria, I said Countries.

You did not understand what I was saying and you have already started running around with megaphone announcing how stupid you think I am.
Missy, haba!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by onitshaigbo(m): 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
Rashdimuh:
I dnt rili lyk this post, u re makin it luk as if your pple were only dt affected by war in naija, I lost countless of relatives durin d durin d wetie wat in ibadan. There are boko haram insurgents killin lots of pple almost every week,the chibok gals re stil no whr 2 b found.For God sake ur pple started d first coup in naija killin lots of northern and western leaders like Ahmadu bello, Oginni dnt be selfish.

It's offensive to Igbos that you are sugarcoating the crimes against humanity perpetrated against the Igbos. Of all the violence in the history of Nigeria, none can come close to be compared to the atrocities against Igbos in the Biafran War.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by onitshaigbo(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
AMADU77:

blood n killing every day, n that's all u care for " [size=20pt]PAY[/size] "

very patriotic

You can't bring back the dead, but you can compensate the survivors.

My patriotism is to Igboland and Israel only. To hell with Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by lindabon: 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
.....so nigeria is waiting for the u.s to help them solve Nigeria's problem?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by manutdadex(m): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
texazzpete:

You mean the same Boko Haram the US designated a terrorist group ages ago?

Why are most of you so uninformed?
are u defendin the U.S? An hypocrate will declair against somtin in d open and their action is in support. Uninformed?? U should read and disect issue b4 u, and wat do u think d U.S is doin? They are jst want d fulfilment of their prophesy, somtin wey we don counter In Jesus Name? Mtcheew
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by komekn(m): 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
It is an assumption based on hearsay and misinformation that we have made an official requisition request to the USA for arms procurement and were refused it is not proven and or substantiated by any Nigerian and or USA Officials. This discourse is currently lost in cheap gutter politicking by Nigeria politicians.

An official requisition order for arms procurement will be specific about weapon systems types and quantity as well as payment terms. If there are controversial aspects of this requisition it is not unknown for it be a subject of various USA congressional select committees before approval is granted.

Nigeria has not completed any of these formalities with regard to USA arms procurement.

Instead we have continued to use middlemen as opposed to direct government to government procurement with the whole transaction shrouded in subterfuge. The reasons are simplistic but very familiar in the context of Nigeria – CORRUPTION our penchant for kick back, over inflation , superfluous consultation fees makes the USA and indeed most Western nations unattractive on account of high level of probity. This makes the option of China, Ukraine and Russia more amiable to us where such practices are common place.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
noblezone:

Missy,
By they, I am not referring to America!
I am referring to Colonialists and Imperialists!

Remember, I was replying to someone who mentioned "Africa".
Also Missy, I did not say Nigeria, I said Countries.

You did not understand what I was saying and you have already started running around with megaphone announcing how stupid you think I am.
Missy, haba!

NAME THE COUNTRIES THAT AMERICA HAS COLONIZED. THEN DEFINE IMPERIALISM.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 13, 2014
zeroshadow:

This is madness, dude! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by pazienza(m): 7:29am On Nov 13, 2014
When folks come here to boast of how they crushed Biafra, i laugh, for we all know that Biafra was crushed by the British and her allies. Without those weapons from the whites,Aba boys with their indigenous crude weapons would crush and over run poorly trained Nigerian soldiers within days.

When Ojukwu proudly said that Biafra had the strongest Army in Black Africa, that was what he meant,and he was right. Nigeria without the Western weapons would be over run by Biafran forces with indigenous crude weapons within days.

I hope, the US and her allies would keep this up, lets see how strong a nation that imports weapons, truly is.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by TolaniLuv: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2014
N
OgologoDimkpa:

GEJ have come to stay.
Send the message clear to your old and expired GMB.
You and your ilks planned dissuading GEJ from declaring via killing of innocent children through your Bokoharam
but it did not stop him.

Whether GEJ read Zoology or not is immaterial in this matter; the fact still remains t
hat there is no vacancy in ASO ROCK.

Corruption did not start with GEJ and was present when your old and expired presidential candidate GMB was in power.

You guys should stop gambling with innocent lives just to discredit GEJ.
Call your Bokoharam boys to other.

GEJ till 2019!!

Personally, I think you lack common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
MissMeiya:

NAME THE COUNTRIES THAT AMERICA HAS COLONIZED. THEN DEFINE IMPERIALISM.

No ma. I wont.

You are already out of point and I wont indulge you.

You misunderstood me and you are still are.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
DRealGeesam:
Hmmmm. But seriously there LOTS of countries that are willing to sell to us and dont give a damn about USA policies, why cant we patronize them.

Blaming USA for our whoas is getting stale, we are at war, we cant keep being the cry baby of the world.

It is also high time our government start investing heavily in Research and Development. Who says we cant build our own weapons?

South Africa has nuclear weapon, North Korea that is far poorer than Nigeria has good weapons development programs. What are we still waiting for

Money being spent on pilgrimage, should be diverted into Research and Development, In technology and medicine. Of what national benefit is the pilgrimage our government spends billions on, sending thousands of people to Mecca and Jerusalem.

We had better wake from our silly slumber

How can a country be so blessed and rich as Nigeria and we cant invest in weapons developments, then why do we have so many first class engineers in the first place?

I was at the Airforce Industries, Kaduna about 4 years ago. Honestly things are still archaic there. We are not at par with this decade at all.

USA is world power today, because they invested in research and development not sponsoring their people on pilgrimage to mecca and jerusalem.

NIGERIA!!! WAKE UP!!!

Haba!

Post advert today and ask nigerians to volunteer in weapons development and see how you will be flooded with ideas and men of great knowledge

It wont be easy as ABC, but it is not that difficult too if there is visionary leadership. FACT: India is already sending men to space and probes to the moon and Mars (they where the first to discover water on the moon) yet they got independence only 13 years ahead of Nigeria
We claim we are rich but no materials or nobody wants to sell their arms.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
manutdadex:
are u defendin the U.S? An hypocrate will declair against somtin in d open and their action is in support. Uninformed?? U should read and disect issue b4 u, and wat do u think d U.S is doin? They are jst want d fulfilment of their prophesy, somtin wey we don counter In Jesus Name? Mtcheew
Do you enjoy Nigeria?... Go and manufacture ur ammunition. See grammar!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by manutdadex(m): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
ferdimako:

Do you enjoy Nigeria?... Go and manufacture ur ammunition. See grammar!
in d issues of life, grammar plays no role, dats y d likes of PEJ are where there are! Go ask ur oga Hon Pat!
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by texazzpete(m): 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
manutdadex:

If that's what you took from my comment, it's clear you need a copy of this book

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by manutdadex(m): 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
texazzpete:

If that's what you took from my comment, it's clear you need a copy of this book

its a pity u can only see errors in people's rite ups, and dats wat u will b known for!
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by texazzpete(m): 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
manutdadex:
its a pity u can only see errors in people's rite ups, and dats wat u will b known for!

I'm not even talking about the errors in your grammar. I'm talking about your inability to comprehend written English. Go and read what I wrote earlier and see if the conclusion you jumped to makes any sense.

PS: I'm known for so many things...I care nothing for what the likes of you think of me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by jpphilips(m): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

you must be an illiterate to think that the yanks don't produce petrol.
I don't blame you guys shaa, it only brings me closer to reality that education in Nigeria is a disaster.
You think you produce more oil than the yanks since 2010?
Can Nigeria even see a drop of oil without the help of FDI.

Most of you who are only privileged to attend roofless classes should learn to behave in public, just read the comments and post emoticons where you think you deserve an opinion.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by jpphilips(m): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2014
onitshaigbo:

It's offensive to Igbos that you are sugarcoating the crimes against humanity perpetrated against the Igbos. Of all the violence in the history of Nigeria, none can come close to be compared to the atrocities against Igbos in the Biafran War.

Bros it was a war not some boys scout movement, in 1967, humans have no rights.
Most of the Human rights charter implemented today are post 1967, the biafrans are mere victims of war.
Yes there are some human rights charter of the late 40's, 50's and early 60's but implementation and sanction took a longer time.
get over it!!
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by jpphilips(m): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2014
komekn:
It is an assumption based on hearsay and misinformation that we have made an official requisition request to the USA for arms procurement and were refused it is not proven and or substantiated by any Nigerian and or USA Officials. This discourse is currently lost in cheap gutter politicking by Nigeria politicians.

An official requisition order for arms procurement will be specific about weapon systems types and quantity as well as payment terms. If there are controversial aspects of this requisition it is not unknown for it be a subject of various USA congressional select committees before approval is granted.

Nigeria has not completed any of these formalities with regard to USA arms procurement.

Instead we have continued to use middlemen as opposed to direct government to government procurement with the whole transaction shrouded in subterfuge. The reasons are simplistic but very familiar in the context of Nigeria – CORRUPTION our penchant for kick back, over inflation , superfluous consultation fees makes the USA and indeed most Western nations unattractive on account of high level of probity. This makes the option of China, Ukraine and Russia more amiable to us where such practices are common place.

A US official said something like that last week, he made a funny remark at the end that Nigerian officials have no knowledge of international politics, he said middle men arm dealers hardly purchase NATO rounds and hardwares it is negotiated directly by government and their senate will have to approve if there is merit of need.

He equally lamented that the Nigerian officials are lamenting over what they don't understand.
Just read the comments here and have a feel of the kinda block heads on the streets of Nigeria.
so shameful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Orikinla(m): 9:34am On Nov 14, 2014
jpphilips:

A US official said something like that last week, he made a funny remark at the end that Nigerian officials have no knowledge of international politics, he said middle men arm dealers hardly purchase NATO rounds and hardwares it is negotiated directly by government and their senate will have to approve if there is merit of need.

He equally lamented that the Nigerian officials are lamenting over what they don't understand.
Just read the comments here and have a feel of the kinda block heads on the streets of Nigeria.
so shameful.

Thank you very much.
It is really an ordeal discussing with intellectually re-tarded people on Nairaland, because their ignorance is appalling.
Bending backwards to tolerate them is sometimes a waste of time. So, just leave them to wallow in their stupidity.
The Nigerian ambassador to the US, is one of the stooges in the PDP who were appointed based on just being loyalists of the ruling party and not based on merit. He is as incompetent as the cabinet that appointed him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
jpphilips:

you must be an illiterate to think that the yanks don't produce petrol.
I don't blame you guys shaa, it only brings me closer to reality that education in Nigeria is a disaster.
You think you produce more oil than the yanks since 2010?
Can Nigeria even see a drop of oil without the help of FDI.

Most of you who are only privileged to attend roofless classes should learn to behave in public, just read the comments and post emoticons where you think you deserve an opinion.
Just because. I said USA don't. Produce oil that means am an illiterate
U are an epitome of stupidity and shallow thinking
I even attended a roofless school smh.. if ur family members and people. Around u attended or are attending such schools dat doesn't implies that everybody also indulge in such get that into ur fast-draining brain
People like u that find it easy to label someone illiterates don't have anything to show for "high level of education" peradventure if u even had any
People like u live on stipends
Buy 100 card, subscribe for 10mb then come here to form
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by lavatoz(f): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yours is the only post that makes sense on the thread.

In South and North Korea....they both had no domestic weapons programme by 1960....everything was imported.

Now, both of them do.

In an oil rich society like Nigeria....investing in technology is something that is despised.....after all we can use our oyel kudi to import what we need.

So we refuse to invest in local technology, we refuse to invest in technical people, and we refuse to invest in technical education.

Instead we use our oil money to remain dependent on foreign powers through imports (sigh).

Oil is a curse.

Hello
I just wanted to add again that one of the reasons this country is still an independent dependent is b/c of the degradation of certain professions. We don't encourage our children to aspire into these professions and we don't support them with adequate funding into their training. Now we seem like beggars constantly asking the US for this or that. I think we should use this as a challenge to encourage science and technology's effectiveness in this country. Even if we are to import weapons why US. Are they the monopoly of nuclear weapons? They are already making 'yanga'. There are others na only dem dey?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lagos State Labour Party Secures Court Order Compelling INEC To Transmit Results / Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP / Dino Melaye And Saraki Looking Dapper As They Step Out For An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.