Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms (39182 Views)

Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / FFK Blasts US Senator Leahy For Calling Nigerian Soldiers "Rapists & Murderers" / See What The World Is Saying About America's Refusal To Sell Arms To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by SantaMafia: 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
hrhobi1:

Check out Ghana military on wikipedia.
crap! do you have to swallow every crap from some dubious entities. I don't give a fvck what wikipidea or anyone else says. The Ghana Army is one of the best on the continent. i once served in the military so I know what I am talking about. go and ask you fellow nigerian soldiers who were part of the ecomog forces that landed in Monrovia about the heroics played by Ghanaian troops that made the crucial landing at the Freeport of Monrovia possible!
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
noblezone:

They created countries for us.
So were are fighting for positions and supremacy.

The fasted way to peace is to stay apart a bit. Let every ethnic nationality govern themselves.

Yes.

Divide Nigeria into three along the natural river divisions.

Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa kingdom.

Afterwards, if BH attacks the Yoruba kingdom we just rain napalm on the north once and for all.

What good has the north done for Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by oluwasegun007(m): 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
No wonder the fed. Govt turned towads d black market....to hell with US...countries like russia is waiting to sell to you with discount
That is what we have been saying, develop ICT for naija na lie...see d insult S.A & US is sharing to us now...SMH
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
THIS is really abysmal... USA has never be an ally...It high time we start realizing our ability and our huge dexterity...continue dependency on this MOFO won't help..its just a sorry case that we don't learn on time..USA has clearly shown their take on Nigeria since d gay parole..we didn't learn.. Then came Ebola they still sidelined us preferring us to countries that offer more gain...now BH dey send some of their personnel nothing happen.. Our hope was raised wen we heared of dis..they make use of a drone later d drone was declared missing..I was like so BH is technically-oriented to the point they bring down a drone
I won't join any in abusing d president tho he hasnt really show interest in curbing dis crisis..if u like keep abusing it won't in any way help the issue.. Our attention should shift to making him and his cabinet see d fact
We need to start doing d right things. begging them whenever we have prob is nothing but a disgrace to this country when all they do is milk away our resources
If gej could resist their threat to stop the hiv-aids support funds if we dont make gay right. Constitutional,over come Ebola without any help,then gej can show Dem MOFO the kind of liver we naijas got..other than regular soiling of our intergrity
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by MduZA: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
RaptorX:
They had nuclear weapons during the white apartheid government, but it was dismantled before they handed over to the
black led govt in 1994. They dont trust the black man with a nuclear weapon, and i support their decision, i wouldnt support Jacob Zuma having access to nukes either.

the black led government is the one that dismantled those weapons in 1995...why you Nigerians enjoy writing about things you don't have clue of?
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
blakky97:

The main foundation of every autonomous state is good laws and good ARMS. And where there are good ARMS, good laws inevitably follow. And because you cannot have good laws without good ARMS, it is imperative of every intelligent prince to make the availability of good ARMS of paramount concern.... (THE PRINCE BY MACHIAVELLI)

Why do we have an ARMED FORCES when infact we are unarmed? Prototype of the unarmed prophet, who in the real world is always destroyed with his message.

Actually we are armed.

With the prayer of Nigerians.

And the fat politicians know how to call for em.

"We appeal on all Nigerians to pray for .........""

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
THIS is really abysmal... USA has never be an ally...It high time we start realizing our ability and our huge dexterity...continue dependency on this MOFO won't help..its just a sorry case that we don't learn on time..USA has clearly shown their take on Nigeria since d gay parole..we didn't learn.. Then came Ebola they still sidelined us preferring us to countries that offer more gain...now BH dey send some of their personnel nothing happen.. Our hope was raised wen we heared of dis..they make use of a drone later d drone was declared missing..I was like so BH is technically-oriented to the point they bring down a drone
I won't join any in abusing d president tho he hasnt really show interest in curbing dis crisis..if u like keep abusing it won't in any way help the issue.. Our attention should shift to making him and his cabinet see d fact
We need to start doing d right things. begging them whenever we have prob is nothing but a disgrace to this country when all they do is milk away our resources
If gej could resist their threat to stop the hiv-aids support funds if we dont make gay right. Constitutional,over come Ebola without any help,then gej can show Dem MOFO the kind of liver we naijas got..other than regular soiling of our intergrity

What Nigerian resource is the U.S. milking away?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
CityNG:

What Nigerian resource is the U.S. milking away?
Former president of USA said few months ago that African expecially Nigeria is an investment opportunity for USA
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by RaptorX: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
MduZA:

the black led government is the one that dismantled those weapons in 1995...why you Nigerians enjoy writing about things you don't have clue of?
Even if that is the case which i doubt, who made the black led govt dismantle the nukes, is it not the western nations primarily the US? Or you guys dismantle it out of the goodness of your heart? So you dont want
to be a nuclear power and be treated with the respect accorded to nuclear powers.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by skyface00(m): 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
hmmmm though i felt about usa refusal 2 sell weapons 2 Nigeria , but d killing of yusuf and the manners of army killed BH memeber on the street taken them down from a pickup and shootin them one after d other its scarying, i guess thats one of the reason they turned against anytin uniform, they can just take them in a close door and waste them, Nigeria govt need 2 learn from this....its everywhere on internet even some of d army was saying dis one never die shoot am shoot am.....common they should be a professional not a thugz

guess usa dont trust Nigeria govt anymore, they were on ground wen the issue of girls kidnappin and i guess after seeing the way our govt run things and lack of sincerity at the part of the govt, all the Nations of the world that came to help us find our girlz left silently back to their country.......

God bless Nigeira

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by wakslawjoe: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hmmm so cold but I think NIGERIA must go back to RUSSIA... very sad it's well I rep Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
noblezone:

They created countries for us.
So were are fighting for positions and supremacy.

The fasted way to peace is to stay apart a bit. Let every ethnic nationality govern themselves.

I'm sorry, WHAT?? Did you just say that America created Nigeria?

We have the highest percentage of stúpid people in the world.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by MduZA: 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
RaptorX:
Even if that is the case which i doubt, who made the black led govt dismantle the nukes, is it not the western nations primarily the US? Or you guys dismantle it out of the goodness of your heart? So you dont want
to be a nuclear power and be treated with the respect accorded to nuclear powers.

SA wanted to be in the same path with the UN ....
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
egift:

First Nigeria will not scatter. Secondly, Jonathan is not transparent and excessively corrupt - nobody in his right mind make a deal with such person.

How can one justify smuggling money to South Africa to procure illegal arms when there legitimate ways to get it? Why is Jonathan afraid of the Front gate? Why must he always enter his good neighbour's house by jumping over the fence at the back-yard? Why is he exporting his Stealing-Is-Not-Corruption style of Government to other countries?

The Zoologist must be voted out before he sinks this nation with anarchy and corruption.
Any one who thinks GEJ is the architect of Nigeria's misery must be f**king blind.Nigeria as a whole stinks.The partial legislators,bigoted press,ethnocentric citizens,dishonest trade people, greedy and materialistic teachers and lectures and lying elders -did he cause all that?corruption?
Nigeria is synonymous with corruption even during the first republic. vote GEJ out i agree.vote who in nko?-buhari? i laugh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by echarlz(m): 4:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
When U add inept leadership to the fact that we are own enemies, that's what U get. That envoy knows not what he was saying. Check out http://www.naij.com/322013-why-usa-refused-to-assist-nigeria-with-boko-haram.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
wakslawjoe:
Hmmm so cold but I think NIGERIA must go back to RUSSIA... very sad it's well I rep Nigeria
if it where that easy.their are hidden prices to be paid for such help.Nigeria is yet to reciprocate Russia's aid during the civil war. That apart,i think the main issue with usa giving Nigeria arms is that our military has this attitude of turning them on their civilians eg the used gunboats purchased during Niger delta crisis to bomb out whole communities they termed as collaborators. That and the fact that the nearer naija approaches 2015,the more it looks that she may implode. few world powers especially usa would like to be accused of fueling the conflict in light of what is happening in Iraq.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
goodluck is totally confused,nigeris is too big for him simple

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Ogbon400: 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
It is unbelievable that after more than 4 years of US sponsored terrorism, this Nigerian Ambassador does not have a clue as to why the US Government refuses to sell weapons to Nigeria.

Boko-Haram is a CIA run program aimed at destroying Nigeria as a state and as a result the US wants to make sure that their death squads are not defeated by the Nigerian Military.
Nigeria must immediately turn to Russia and China and restrict as much as possible any “political ties” with Washington. If nothing is done immediately, the Boko Haram death squads will be in Abuja for the beginning of the presidential elections.
I call on the Nigeria military to immediately shoulder its responsibilities in order to put an end to this incompetent regime who appears incapable to provide security to the people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by uboma(m): 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
CityNG:
The Nigerian ambassador is a dweeb.

Unlike in Nigeria where everything goes, we are a country of law.

It's againt US policy to sell certain arms to states that has a record of violating the human rights of its citizens.

EOD.

Aside violating human rights, we have moles in the government who are supporting these terrorists. The weapons will eventually get to the hands of the terrorists, no wonder our soldiers are at their mercy. Nigeria as a whole needs a complete overhaul...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Ogbon400: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
A transitional authority headed by a retired General must immediately be established before total chaos breaks out. This transitional authority will be as inclusive as possible and will act as a war cabinet.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Ogbon400: 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
uboma:

Aside violating human rights, we have moles in the government who are supporting these terrorists. The weapons will eventually get to the hands of the terrorists, no wonder our soldiers are at their mercy. Nigeria as a whole needs a complete overhaul...

You are right, there are so many traitors both in the GEJ administration and in APC
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by BlackTechnology: 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ogbon400:
A transitional authority headed by a retired General must immediately be established before total chaos breaks out. This transitional authority will be as inclusive as possible and will act as a war cabinet.

Unnecessary

What GEJ needs to do are

1) Approach other nations for weapons

2) Setup branches of defense ministry through out all public/ private higher institutions in order to encourage them in weapons development by promising to give them defense contract if they develop advanced weapons and the defence ministry should organize an annual 2weeks weapons show.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by uboma(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2014
CityNG:

Yes.

Divide Nigeria into three along the natural river divisions.

Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa kingdom.

Afterwards, if BH attacks the Yoruba kingdom we just rain napalm on the north once and for all.

What good has the north done for Nigeria?

The North has not contributed positively to Nigerians and the country. Come to think of it, before Olusegun Obasanjo took over the political reign, Nigeria had been for the most part under the control of Northern leaders. What resulted from their rule? Good road networks mostly in the North, siphoning our resources to their foreign accounts and so on. The list is enormous that i will just break down if i continue. They couldnt even control the Almajiri system in their own part.

Oh how greatly the Northerns have contributed in ruining our country Nigeria. And they still want to rule again. They should just hang on for now. we are not ready for them yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Litmus: 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
I used to advocate China as an alternative source for Nigeria for arms procurement but I'm increasingly unsure since the two powers - US and China - are doing an awful lot of cosying under Obama. I can foresee a situation whereby although China and America may never be close friends and may see themselves as rivals, in decades to come, they may opt for controlling the world. In other words, I'm thinking we shouldn't automatically superimpose the Cold-war world order on an emerging Sino/US world order. Even in the short term, i can foresee China conceding the needs of Nigeria to a grater or equal American concession to something China finds more pressing or of greater National interests.

Nigeria's greatest problem has always been naivety not corruption. All are corrupt at least to the extent of Nigeria but Nigeria practices a sort of naive corruption.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Ogbon400: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
echarlz:
When U had inept leadership to the fact that we are own enemies, that's what U get. That envoy knows not what he was saying. Check out http://www.naij.com/322013-why-usa-refused-to-assist-nigeria-with-boko-haram.html

There are indeed corrupt elements within the military, however it is crystal clear that Boko Haram is foreign backed destabilization force heavily sponsored by Western intelligence services. Just like in the case of Slavery in the 17th,18th,and 19th century when a number of African chiefs were closely cooperating with the white man in the enslavement of their people. Boko Haram's rear base in Chad and that's the reason why you have French and US special forces deployed near N'jamena. This also explains why France asked the Chadian President last month to arrange a ceasefire between Boko-Haram and the Nigerian military.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Ogbon400: 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Unnecessary

What GEJ needs to do are

1) Approach other nations for weapons

2) Setup branches of defense ministry through out all public/ private higher institutions in order to encourage them in weapons development by promising to give them defense contract if they develop advanced weapons and the defence ministry should organize an annual 2weeks weapons show.

Mosul, the second largest Iraqi town was overrun by ISIL(the equivalent of Boko-Haram) in June thanks to the complicity of corrupt elements in the Iraqi Government. Given the incompetence and corruption of the current administration,this can also happen in Nigeria.As things are today, a “capture” of Abuja or Kaduna by the Boko Haram death squads cannot be ruled out.
The GEJ regime is finished and totally discredited and the Armed Forces must act immediately to prevent the disintegration of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

Former president of USA said few months ago that African expecially Nigeria is an investment opportunity for USA

You didn't answer the question that you quoted.

I ask again.

What specific Nigerian resource is the US milking away?

To learned folks, there's a huge difference between an "investment opportunity" and "milking away".

Iya Sikira alakara is selling akara. I go there and she willingly gives me a discount on her akara. I continue to patronize her because she recognizes me as a staunch customer so it is an investment opportunity.

If I stay their and when she turns her back and I then steal one akara then that is miking away.

In both instances she is free to stop doing commerce with me.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
uboma:

Exactly Sir, an astute post as usual.

Why would they sell high grade weaponry to a country that routinely looses weapons, aircraft's and military vehicles to the enemy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by drehdinho(m): 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
The numerous and powerful cabals we have in Nigeria have contributed to the presently moribund state of this nation.
I have taken my time to read most comments right from the first page. Many of us still don't understand how the governance of an average country is run. Politically, the North are the strongest amongst the ethnic groups of Nigeria. The truth is bitter, I would have loved to write the truth so sharply but I will rather do that in proverbs.
The fact is that Nigeria is a corrupt nation. No one is to be trusted. Our leaders have sold this country. And they know it.
Why don't we have terrorists in countries like Ghana, South-Africa, Chad and some other African countries.
Our leaders have taken oath with the devil however, the oath has been broken by them.
Nigeria case can be likened to a popular Yoruba mythical story titled:
OLURONBI
Oluronbi made a vow with Iroko that if Iroko grants her wealth ,she will give to Iroko, her only child(a very beautiful child). Iroko fulfiled her own side of the deal, Oluronbi got what she wanted. However, on her part, Oluronbi failed. Subsequently, she had her only child mysteriously turned into a doll right in her face.
Terrorists don't just strike without reason. I'm highly convinced that it's our leaders that invited them by their own hands.
The weapon deal with South-Africa failed, the weapon deal with U.S failed. And many people still think all these are normal. Many think these countries in questions hate Nigeria or they are wicked. We need to have tangible knowledge on international relation, how it operates. In international relations, 90% facts of pacts or agreements are hidden from public accessibility,especially when such have its bearing on security. So therefore, don't be quick to judge Jonathan on whatever challenge(s) Nigeria suffers now.
For those saying that Nigeria should turn to Russia, China bla! bla! bla!, even if Nigeria does that, we are still going to get 'denial' as our result.
I am afraid that Nigeria Army is compromised. It's not that the BH can't be stopped. But their are many facts behind this which are glaringly known by our leaders.
We should just plead to God that God touch the hearts of our leaders. They are self-centered. They fight one another to the detriment of the masses.
Some powerful people in Nigeria don't want Jonathan as the president and they wanna do everything,anything to turn his government upside-down. Forgetting that this unhealthy conflict will only negatively affect the masses.
I pray that God saves Nigeria this time.(Amen)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
drehdinho:
The numerous and powerful cabals we have in Nigeria have contributed to the presently moribund state of this nation.
I have taken my time to read most comments right from the first page. Many of us still don't understand how the governance of an average country is run. Politically, the North are the strongest amongst the ethnic groups of Nigeria. The truth is bitter, I would have loved to write the truth so sharply but I will rather do that in proverbs.
The fact is that Nigeria is a corrupt nation. No one is to be trusted. Our leaders have sold this country. And they know it.
Why don't we have terrorists in countries like Ghana, South-Africa, Chad and some other African countries.
Our leaders have taken oath with the devil however, the oath has been broken by them.
Nigeria case can be likened to a popular Yoruba mythical story titled:
OLURONBI
Oluronbi made a vow with Iroko that if Iroko grants her wealth ,she will give to Iroko, her only child(a very beautiful child). Iroko fulfiled her own side of the deal, Oluronbi got what she wanted. However, on her part, Oluronbi failed. Subsequently, she had her only child mysteriously turned into a doll right in her face.
Terrorists don't just strike without reason. I'm highly convinced that it's our leaders that invited them by their own hands.
The weapon deal with South-Africa failed, the weapon deal with U.S failed. And many people still think all these are normal. Many think these countries in questions hate Nigeria or they are wicked. We need to have tangible knowledge on international relation, how it operates. In international relations, 90% facts of pacts or agreements are hidden from public accessibility,especially when such have its bearing on security. So therefore, don't be quick to judge Jonathan on whatever challenge(s) Nigeria suffers now.
For those saying that Nigeria should turn to Russia, China bla! bla! bla!, even if Nigeria does that, we are still going to get 'denial' as our result.
I am afraid that Nigeria Army is compromised. It's not that the BH can't be stopped. But their are many facts behind this which are glaringly known by our leaders.
We should just plead to God that God touch the hearts of our leaders. They are self-centered. They fight one another to the detriment of the masses.
Some powerful people in Nigeria don't want Jonathan as the president and they wanna do everything,anything to turn his government upside-down. Forgetting that this unhealthy conflict will only negatively affect the masses.
I pray that God saves Nigeria this time.(Amen)

Nigerians have short memories. Remember Bring Back Our Girls? America sent troops to Nigeria and discovered the ROT in our government and military, and the fact that they are behind Boko Haram. Remember all the reports of how unenthusiatic the Nigerian military was to cooperate? How they kept dragging their feet, kept releasing sensitive information to the public and sabotaging rescue efforts?

Now the villagers are revealing that they are being killed by terrorists and military alike. Investigations into human rights violations and reports coming out. So the military decides to start releasing detainees and dashing them small naira to make up for it.

Useless government.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by confusion247(m): 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
egift:

First Nigeria will not scatter. .so that peace will reign.

That's the right thing to say.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by confusion247(m): 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ogbon400:

Mosul, the second largest Iraqi town was overrun by ISIL(the equivalent of Boko-Haram) in June thanks to the complicity of corrupt elements in the Iraqi Government. Given the incompetence and corruption of the current administration,this can also happen in Nigeria.As things are today, a “capture” of Abuja or Kaduna by the Boko Haram death squads cannot be ruled out.
The GEJ regime is finished and totally discredited and the Armed Forces must act immediately to prevent the disintegration of Nigeria.
Disintegration is the best option and the only way out of fake united one Nigeria predicament.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Is Favourite As WTO Narrows Aspirants To 2 Tuesday / Lagos Shuts Christ Embassy, Mosques, Hotels, Other Churches Over Noise Pollution / Update On The Second Niger Bridge (Muhammadu Buhari Bridge) (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.