Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms (39100 Views)

Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / FFK Blasts US Senator Leahy For Calling Nigerian Soldiers "Rapists & Murderers" / See What The World Is Saying About America's Refusal To Sell Arms To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by pobosky20(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2014
Don't we have "common sense" in this country? Are all military weapons manufactured in the US? can't we get same weapons from China,Russia or Isreal?
nb: not all cars can b bought in d US,shey Togo abi Benin no dey?
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by guttentag(m): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2014
My country People Stop deceiving yourself, the truth is this present administration is trying to Blame the US so that people will think elsewhere but I wonder who the Real Terrorists are

Maybe they need the Weapons to conduct a peaceful Election

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by ameheo(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 12, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^^
No sir, oil is not a curse. It is a resource like any other. What counts is what you do with it.

The academic literature on the Dutch disease phenomenon has been around for a long time. Did Nigeria's decision makers do everything within their power to avoid repeating the mistakes of other 'resource cursed' countries? No. Did we the people hold them accountable for this? No.

You say the Norwegians diversified their economy, produce more oil and have fewer children. There is nothing preventing Nigeria from doing any of these things (although its too late now for some of them). You have generated an association or correlation in your mind between oil and economic collapse. Where is the causality there?

I love the way we keep pleading diminished responsibility. Our next excuse will be temporary insanity. angry

No, I am not excusing anyone or pleading diminished responsibility.....I am just saying that resource dependency makes it easier and simpler to import and import.....because the money is always there. Simples.

(And that is my problem with both PDP and APC.....when they talk economics....they talk in terms of how much oil money there is to spend).
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by blakky97(m): 9:36am On Nov 12, 2014
princefunmi:
I am quite sure we can make do with Russian hardware. Or maybe German. And then again there is Isreal. What about China!

Forget this double-crossing two face Americans already.
The main foundation of every autonomous state is good laws and good ARMS. And where there are good ARMS, good laws inevitably follow. And because you cannot have good laws without good ARMS, it is imperative of every intelligent prince to make the availability of good ARMS of paramount concern.... (THE PRINCE BY MACHIAVELLI)

Why do we have an ARMED FORCES when infact we are unarmed? Prototype of the unarmed prophet, who in the real world is always destroyed with his message.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by OLADD: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2014
jireh250:
This reminds me of their refusal to assist with Zmapp...God will always come sure for Nigeria, changing the Ebola story from shame to glory on CNN, such that America asked us how we were able to curb it...please let's look elsewhere.
[color=#006600][/color]

God bless you. So thoughtful and on point.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by tyson55(m): 9:39am On Nov 12, 2014
egift:
Story for mami-water. Keep spraying cluelessness and bringing shame on Nigerians just because you are serving under a Zoologist.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by oluwafemi113(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2014
The truth is USA dont trust this present administration and I think they are trying to save lots of innocent citizens.
USA knows who the real Boko Hara are

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by netmillionaires(m): 9:42am On Nov 12, 2014
What we fail to realize as Nigerians is that this country Nigeria is so corrupt that it's hard to trust anyone. You can never tell who is fooling who. Imagine if you are the government of American and you witness a situation where Nigerian army uses style to give BH APCs and other sophisticated equipment and call it tactical manoeuver. Do we expect USA to still sell out their equipments to us so that it can be handed over to BH and finally be flown over to the US to destroy their country.
I believe that all these BH sponsors whoever they might be are very smart. Since they know that they can't buy equipment for their BH boys openly, they ll buy it for the Nigerian military and advise them that when they go to face BH they should just abandon the equipments and run away and leave it for the terrorists to cart away. I suspect the govt as well as the opposition. They should stop playing politics with the lives of the citizens. The questions are why did the presidency try to buy arms through d backdoor? Could it be that the presidency has an ulterior motive. Why did the Potiskum bomb blast occur just a day to Jonathan's presidential declaration only for APC to call him insensitive because he still went ahead to declare? Could it be that the opposition mastermind the bombing to make him continue to postpone his declaration and finally stop the declaration all together? The govt is accusing the opposition of been the brain behind BH while the opposition is also laying the blame at the door of the presidency. Who is BH and who are their sponsors? Until we know who is using them as a political instrument we don't know who to believe and so should not expect the USA to. Have we forgotten the Sept 9/11 incidence so fast. Osama Bin Laden was trained in the US and he became a pain in the back of the country and the world in general. If USA sold their fighter jet to the BH boy it could find its way into the hands of those it is intended to be used against. And they can use it to bring the war to America... Who do we believe now... #WeNeedDivineIntervention

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Orikinla(m): 9:50am On Nov 12, 2014
It is really interesting to read the report on Mr. Adebowale Ibidapo Adefuye, Nigeria's ambassador to the United States criticizing "Washington for refusing to sell lethal weapons to fight his country's Islamic uprising" according to the Associated Press on Yahoo News. And he was also quoted saying the extremists otherwise would have been defeated long ago if the US had sold the required arms to the Nigerian government to fight the rampaging Boko Haram insurgents in the Middle Belt and northern states of Nigeria. What an irrational statement and clearly shows the ignorance and stupidity of the Nigerian ambassador.

Only ignorant fools are criticizing the US and they are the idiots in the southern states and outside Nigeria who don't have any clue on the facts that the CIA found out on the brains behind the Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria. The US knows that the Nigerian government is implicated in the insecurity in the north with Boko Haram having access to the military depots of the Nigerian army and President Goodluck Jonathan cannot be trusted with Shekau making his videos in open savannahs and the Nigerian air force claiming not to know his whereabouts?
You wonder what has happened to the signals unit of the Nigerian army, because simple military intelligence is enough to end the insurgency destroying thousands of innocent lives and properties worth billions of naira in northern Nigeria.

The administration of President Goodluck Jonathan watches as AK 47 guns are freely carried and used by nomadic Hausa Fulani herdsmen in the Middle Belt and other parts of Nigeria and his Minister of Defence cannot stop the illegal use of these deadly arms against harmless civilians who are mostly farmers who feed the nation and the government watches as these defenceless and powerless farmers are attacked and murdered in their villages and farms without arrests and no prosecution of the marauders on rampage in the Middle Belt and northern states. Then sophisticated arms are exchanging hands in the Niger Delta as the so called militants are still attacking and kidnapping foreign workers and you wonder what happened to the Amnesty truce for which billions of dollars have been spent on the pacification of the Niger Delta militants whose leaders have become instant multimillionaires from questionable government contracts awarded by President Jonathan.

The US also saw how President Jonathan deployed a battalion of soldiers to frighten and bully voters during the gubernatorial elections in Ekiti and Osun states of All Progressives Congress (APC), the opposition party and saw how trucks of bags of rice from the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) supplied political bribes to the hungry poverty stricken voters to rig the election in Ekiti and the denouncement of that election by the highly esteemed Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka is enough for the US to dismiss the fake results. And who is Ayo Fayose of the PDP compared to the APC's Kayode Fayemi, whom the US and international community have known for years as Director of the Centre for Democracy & Development, a research and training institution dedicated to the study and promotion of democratic development, peace-building and human security in Africa. He was a prominent leader of the Nigerian opposition to military rule in exile and was responsible for the founding and management of the opposition radios – Radio Freedom, Radio Democracy International & Radio Kudirat and played a central role in the opposition’s diplomatic engagements in exile. And this is the person that President Jonathan manipulated the electoral process in Ekiti to defeat in favour of Ayo Fayose. Who is Fayose in the democratic struggle of Nigeria? Even where was President Goodluck Jonathan when Fayemi, Tinubu and other comrades were marching against the draconian tyrants of military misrule in Nigeria before 1999? And this is the kind of government that the US should sell arms to?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by dustydee: 9:52am On Nov 12, 2014
The same US sells weapons to oppressive regimes like Saudi Arabia. I am with Nigeria on this one.

But Mr Ambassador, truth be told, our military does not know what human rights is all about given the way they treat the ordinary man on the street.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by jireh250: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

God bless you. So thoughtful and on point.

Amen and thank you smiley
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by seansifo(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2014
We need to get it straight. If there's any country yo watch of for in 15/20 years time then the country is definitely Nigeria. As for the US, they don't what such to happen and that's the reason they are doing all they can to see our beloved country scatter. They said i. "Nigeria will divide come 2015 and they are doing a'll they can yo make it a reality but unfortunately our politicians insensitiv. During the Ebola outbreak us refused to assist but Go. In is mercy saw us through. Just of recent they (us) declared our beloved present the richest president in the world (WTF) Unfortunately our politicians and some of us are holding onto the claim which we all know it nothing but lies. Now they (us) refused to do businesses with us.

if only we can stand as one, believe me the world will be begging to do business with us in 15 years time

Reason why the US has always refused to assist Nigeria
1) they have come to a point where they've got nothing to new to offer to the world
2) they see potentials in africa (Nigeria)
3) if they are not the ones sponsoring the boko boys definitely they got hands in it because I'm sure by now we all know the boko boys are been sponsored by outsider but with the help of insider (if there's no insider even with our ak47 we would had defeated them long ago

conclusion weather the American or our selfish politicians like it or not, NIGERIA will STAND and they shall hide their faces in shame

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by mbulela: 9:57am On Nov 12, 2014
GodsMercy1:
My beloved brother, I know you can do better than this. You know from your heart, you're not the one typing this. I pray God give you a good heart devoid of politics. God bless Nigeria.
Of course God will bless Nigeria with a leader not this clowning,spineless impostor that arrived via an accident of nature. I wonder how we expect a man who has no track record of leadership to suddenly transform simply because he now sleeps in Aso rock? This man called Jonathan had a track record of mediocrity and he is only acting true to type presently.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by nigerianvenom(m): 10:00am On Nov 12, 2014
egift:
Story for mami-water. Keep spraying cluelessness and bringing shame on Nigerians just because you are serving under a Zoologist.

ur stupidity had a beginning but it has no end.
partisanship shouldn't override ur ability to reason

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by mbulela: 10:00am On Nov 12, 2014
seansifo:
We need to get it straight. If there's any country yo watch of for in 15/20 years time then the country is definitely Nigeria. As for the US, they don't what such to happen and that's the reason they are doing all they can to see our beloved country scatter. They said i. "Nigeria will divide come 2015 and they are doing a'll they can yo make it a reality but unfortunately our politicians insensitiv. During the Ebola outbreak us refused to assist but Go. In is mercy saw us through. Just of recent they (us) declared our beloved present the richest president in the world (WTF) Unfortunately our politicians and some of us are holding onto the claim which we all know it nothing but lies. Now they (us) refused to do businesses with us.

if only we can stand as one, believe me the world will be begging to do business with us in 15 years time

Reason why the US has always refused to assist Nigeria
1) they have come to a point where they've got nothing to new to offer to the world
2) they see potentials in africa (Nigeria)
3) if they are not the ones sponsoring the boko boys definitely they got hands in it because I'm sure by now we all know the boko boys are been sponsored by outsider but with the help of insider (if there's no insider even with our ak47 we would had defeated them long ago

conclusion weather the American or our selfish politicians like it or not, NIGERIA will STAND and they shall hide their faces in shame

Some of you are almost delusional in your optimism. I often wonder which reality your hope is based on? You see a ship sinking fast under the gudiance of an inept captain and you are talking plenty. Nigerians like you actually think America does not have more important things to worry about. Get serious!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by MduZA: 10:01am On Nov 12, 2014
kendrick93:
because u are sayin rubbish.... SA has or can't hav a nuclear weapon.. u must be a fool to bliev so

a Nigerian will scream on top of his voice denying that Johannesburg is in south Africa...lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by seansifo(m): 10:12am On Nov 12, 2014
mbulela:

Some of you are almost delusional in your optimism. I often wonder which reality your hope is based on? You see a ship sinking fast under the gudiance of an inept captain and you are talking plenty. Nigerians like you actually think America does not have more important things to worry about. Get serious!

How long do you want to continue doing this huh? how much were you given? I know your type and I've got no time to waste. GET Serious LIFE

Nigeria Will Stand

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Abba999(f): 10:13am On Nov 12, 2014
noblezone:

It is too unfortunate that folks like you who claim Nigeria so much have decided to trade Nigeria for political gains.
US is obviously being mischievous and all you do is insult Mr President!
Anyway, just know that when Nigeria finally scatters, and you start looking for whom to blame, add your name on that list.

Choose between Nigeria 'scater " and the continues genocide?

Remember that the whites don't care about your life, because in return, blacks don't regard themselves as human- they hate themselves with deep passion.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by hrhobi1(m): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2014
SantaMafia:
Even Ghana? lipsrsealed kiss

Check out Ghana military on wikipedia.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Peejayybold(f): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2014
This country they call US!!!!
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by duni04(m): 10:16am On Nov 12, 2014
mbulela:

grin No mind am

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2014
zeroshadow:

whats this stupidity on display? nairaland is just full of kids
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by Uruanguy(m): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2014
Their claims are not justifiable if they still support Isreal with real donations and giving of lethal arms and we all know that Isreal tops the record in human right abuses killing thousand of civilians (Palistenians) in gaza in thier last war not the Amnesty or ICc did a thing.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by egift(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2014
nigerianvenom:

ur stupidity had a beginning but it has no end.
partisanship shouldn't override ur ability to reason

^^^^
Who care? If you like insult me till next decade, personally, I don't give a dam. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by synergycom19: 10:34am On Nov 12, 2014
Maybe they are scared,The Nigerian Armed forces will just hand over the weapons to Boko haran boys and disappear as they always do.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by pizzaboi55(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2014
Why do the comments after a post always derail substantially from the issues raised in the topic?
There is a move from the issue of if or not the USA's claims are founded, the possible power and economic-politics behind their refusal to sell lethal weaponry to the Nigerian army and other reliable means of obtaining these weapons, if possible, without the undue influence of the US.
Very few comments are topical and at the issue's crux and if that is a measure of the intellect of the Nigerian populace here represented on Nairaland....
Hmm...wahala dey.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by kernel504(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2014
noblezone:

It is too unfortunate that folks like you who claim Nigeria so much have decided to trade Nigeria for political gains.
US is obviously being mischievous and all you do is insult Mr President!
Anyway, just know that when Nigeria finally scatters, and you start looking for whom to blame, add your name on that list.

Lets not blame US, but ourselves. Look, countries beg others to buy stuffs from them, so how come the buyer is begging the seller?
Our leaders, ( African Leaders) are so weak that sometimes, l feel ashame of Africa. What does it take to go into arm trade with the likes of Russia,China and Ukraine.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by HirstMOG(m): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2014
U.S. Government are doing this just because our government did not buy into their idea of same sex marriage. God will help us find a way to contail this insurgence. God bless Nigeria my country!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by loswhite(m): 11:23am On Nov 12, 2014
DRealGeesam:
Hmmmm. But seriously there LOTS of countries that are willing to sell to us and dont give a damn about USA policies, why cant we patronize them.

Blaming USA for our whoas is getting stale, we are at war, we cant keep being the cry baby of the world.

It is also high time our government start investing heavily in Research and Development. Who says we cant build our own weapons?

South Africa has nuclear weapon, North Korea that is far poorer than Nigeria has good weapons development programs. What are we still waiting for

Money being spent on pilgrimage, should be diverted into Research and Development, In technology and medicine. Of what national benefit is the pilgrimage our government spends billions on, sending thousands of people to Mecca and Jerusalem.

We had better wake from our silly slumber

How can a country be so blessed and rich as Nigeria and we cant invest in weapons developments, then why do we have so many first class engineers in the first place?

I was at the Airforce Industries, Kaduna about 4 years ago. Honestly things are still archaic there. We are not at par with this decade at all.

USA is world power today, because they invested in research and development not sponsoring their people on pilgrimage to mecca and jerusalem.

NIGERIA!!! WAKE UP!!!

Haba!

Post advert today and ask nigerians to volunteer in weapons development and see how you will be flooded with ideas and men of great knowledge

It wont be easy as ABC, but it is not that difficult too if there is visionary leadership. FACT: India is already sending men to space and probes to the moon and Mars (they where the first to discover water on the moon) yet they got independence only 13 years ahead of Nigeria
nice write up tho but the part of South Africa having nuclear weapon is false except say na d recent one when u build for them sha grin
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by iamord(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2014
hrhobi1:

Bro use Google plz. Even Ghana can produce a nuclear weapon within 6 months.
I read south africa had nuclear weapons but when mandela came in. It was destroyed. don't know how true. but they will surely have. Ghana would have been africas second nuclear power house. Plans are still on tho .there is already a nuclear Reactor. According to an article in the Boston Globe,
“Ghana has enough enriched uranium to
produce a weapon of mass destruction
(WMD).
Entitled “We're still vulnerable”, the writer
speculates that, the orphaned research
reactor at Kwabenya contains highly
enriched uranium sufficient to make a
number of nuclear weapons”.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms by DRealGeesam(m): 11:35am On Nov 12, 2014
loswhite:
nice write up tho but the part of South Africa having nuclear weapon is false except say na d recent one when u build for them sha grin
Check this list
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons

They developed their own nuclear weapons program and built nuclear weapons. They only peacefully stopped the program in line with the nuclear warheads disarmament sanctioned by the United Nations.
Pls pick ur arguments from historical facts.

The point is, if they could have achieved it, cant we? Is Iran richer than us? Do they have more professors and engineers?
My post is to challenge us to rise up and fulfill our potential.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! / Osun Tribunal Verdict: Adeleke’s Lawyers Move To Get Certificate Of Return.. / Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.