Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership (16521 Views)

Poll: Do you support this decision?

Yes: 44% (51 votes)
No: 55% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

TB Joshua Predict That English Premiership Side Chelsea Will Champions League / Dstv Regains Lucrative English Premiership Rights In $100m Deal / Arsenal Will Win D English Premiership This Season Coming 4rm Prophet T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by ayusman16(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2007
i suggest hitv close shop and give the right back to dstv, It's better to cough out 9k and enjoy all the services than pay 4k for epileptic one,
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by slimnike(m): 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2007
We Will Forever Love You Jose,
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by 2ceSharp(m): 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2007
is DSTV going to show the Arsenal vs Man Utd clash tomoro?
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by 9ja4eva: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2007
Do dey still show live matches?
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by Mustay(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2008
LAWMAKER FROWNS AT SUPER-SPORTS ON SOCCER LEAGUE

Hon. Gbenga Elegbeleye, Deputy Chairman, Committee on Sports at the House of Representatives, has called for a legislation that would moderate Super-Sports Cable television in Nigeria.

Elegbeleye made the call Monday while speaking with newsmen in Makurdi. He said the uncontrollable infiltration of the Nigeria air wave by the South Africa based cable station was inimical to the growth of Nigerian football leagues.

"The quality of players that can make any league thick are available in our leagues, but the unabated beaming of European leagues by the station to subscribers in the country is gradually killing the development of the game here.

"These subscribers who are in large numbers have commercialized their bouquets to show the matches to our teeming football lovers on the streets. "The beauty of the European leagues transmitted by the station has overshadow our league and something must be done fast to stop it,"
the legislator added.

On attempts to improve the local leagues, he said a bill that would legalize Nigeria Football League would soon be passed into law, saying until NFL became autonomous the league would remain unattractive.

He also said the Ministerial panel investigating corruption in football management in the country by the government was wrong. He argued that it was only NFA that FIFA statutory law allowed to probe football officials in any country.
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by lailai2(m): 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
any news about viewing arrangements for 2008/2009 soccer season
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by Emperoh(m): 7:32am On Jul 09, 2008
If u guys must know, i heard HITV has bought the UEFA Champions League rights
Btw 2008/2009 till 2011/2012
I am yet to confirm this news but once i do, i will let you guys know
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by lailai2(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2008
k, will be waiting 4 confirmation
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by codedguy1(m): 8:52am On Jul 09, 2008
lai-lai:

k, will be waiting 4 confirmation
Emperoh:

If u guys must know, i heard HITV has bought the UEFA Champions League rights
Btw 2008/2009 till 2011/2012
I am yet to confirm this news but once i do, i will let you guys know

Yes, they got the rights for the UCL, but that right starts from the 2009/2010 season and its for 4years.
They also got UEFA and Carling Cup.
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by lailai2(m): 8:56am On Jul 09, 2008
from 2009/2010, u serious?/ thats f**k up, so we still gats 2 be payin 4 hitv n dstv, which kind country be dis
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by ohis4: 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2008
Instead of FG banning DStv from showing the English premiership, they should look for a strategy to compete them to win the heart of Nigerians so that we can embrace our own product. strategy like having a reliable cable,always on broadcast,showing the right channel that Nigerians love and affordable to purchase. with this i think the Govt will win.but what they just did his highly desensitizing and that act of military mind.
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by Footyfan: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2009
I have no problem with encouraging competition especially in the Nigerian pay-TV market. As HiTV have won the bid for the EPL, UCL and other leagues that's great. However I am worried that current DStv subscribers will have no access to these leagues in the volume required.

MY QUESTION IS THIS: Is there some kind of a system where DStv subscribers can pay extra to subscribe to Hi Sports and Hi Soccer? In other words, for an extra fee can DStv subscribers access Hi Soccer and Hi Sports? This way HiTV still gets it money and is still platform of choice for sports but it doesn't alienate a large section of the market who already have DStv.

In countries around the world this works and make life for the consumer easier while still encouraging competition. Here's an example in the UK:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/nov/04/bskyb-virginmedia

I think having some kind of internal distribution so that at least the sports packages from HiTV can be bought by DStv will be beneficial in the long run.
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by enet1(m): 11:25am On Aug 19, 2009
I THINK D FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA HAS TAKEN A RIGHT STEP IN D RIGHT DIRECTION.ALL THESE MULTINATIONALS ESPECIALLY MULTICHOICE ARE FOND OF RIPPING US OF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY.THIS ISNT FAIR AT ALL.D SUBSCRIPTION FEE SHOULDNT BE MORE THAN #5000 PER MONTH.THIS IS because THESE PEOPLE MAKE A LOT OF MONEY IN DIS COUNTRY.THUMPS UP TO D FEDERAL GOVT.
Re: FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership by galatico(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2009
What da hell is wrong with the Federal Government of Nigeria? I don't know why they should ban what makes Nigerian youths happy, look at the survey crime rate are relatively low during the period these matches are played due to the fact that they are watching English Premier League matched and now they want crime rate to be on the increase.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Southampton (0 - 1) On 23rd January 2016 / Chelsea Vs Schalke - UCL (3 - 0) On 6th November 2013 / Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 28th October 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.