Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? (6859 Views)

How America And The West Are Likely To Assist Osinbajo To Presidency / No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Donmarrius: 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
nedu2000:
in summary,yorubas have nothing to lose whether nigerian breaks up or not,the north seemingly have much to lose,while the niger delta seemingly have much to gain

I am an igbo boy from anambra but with an open mind devoid of party affiliations & tribal sentiments one can make qualitative analysis.
First,who you are,and where you come from,is grossly inconsequential to me,i only made mention of yoruba sophistication mantra,cos that's what you did.
Secondly,all i need from you,is the answer of WHY the yorubas and North,doesn't want to walk away from this union,or rather allow others do,despite the hate and other ill-mannered behaviours in this union,according to Op.
Lastly,i never asked you who will survive or die.I DO NOT BELIEF IN PETRODOLLARS,I BELIEF IN HUMAN RESOURCES!.

1 Like

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by papalnuncio: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
TRUTHTELA:
The hatred and fight to stop Jonathan, by Northern muslims and some Southwest folks is no longer a secret. Jonathan must go and he cannot be your president, right. However, other folks in the Southeast and Southsouth, are saying, IF HE CAN'T BE PRESIDENT, THEY'LL BREAKAWAY FROM NIGERIA.

My simple question is, How come the Southwest and the North hell bent on having a FAILED nation, that NOTHING HAS WORKED, and THE UNION IS NOT WORKING AND IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK

I mean, is it that they can't survive on their own? Who's benefitting from Nigeria?

I expected some tribes to be saying, "IF GEJ, IS RE-ELECTED ( he's weak and clueless rite?), WE'LL BREAKAWAY FROM NIGERIA. You that's informed and have the resources should be yearning for your own nation. I don't get the HYPOCRISY or they're LEECHES or what?

my friend, point of direction some NORTHERNERS
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Mckennedy: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
F'lathead
it seems you'v forgotten about how starvation and kwashiorkor finished your miserable mother off at Biafra

It's because they are very important to Nigeria that's why your parent fought to retain them Nigeria knowing fully well that if these ppl secede nothing will be left to loot.

7 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by IGBOSON1: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Fvctard
we remember what happened the last time when Governor Babatunde Raji Ifashola deported destitute ibos back to iboland.

We know the tribe that cannot do without Nigeria. We know does who constitute the highest number of displaced people in Nigeria

^^^Talk is cheap! Put your money where you mouth is and agitate for a restructured Nigeria or we all go our seperate ways!!

If more ethnic groups threatened secession like the current Biafran group is (whatever you make of their methods), then maybe it would make those holding us to ransome come to the negotiating table so we can all restructure this country!

5 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by miiraaj: 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
TRUTHTELA:
The hatred and fight to stop Jonathan, by Northern muslims and some Southwest folks is no longer a secret. Jonathan must go and he cannot be your president, right. However, other folks in the Southeast and Southsouth, are saying, IF HE CAN'T BE PRESIDENT, THEY'LL BREAKAWAY FROM NIGERIA.

Lols.. The last thing my brothers from across the falling Niger bridge will call for is the break up of Nigeria. Its their normal empty threat and chest beating.

My simple question is, How come the Southwest and the North hell bent on having a FAILED nation, that NOTHING HAS WORKED, and THE UNION IS NOT WORKING AND IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK

I mean, is it that they can't survive on their own? Who's benefitting from Nigeria?

I expected some tribes to be saying, "IF GEJ, IS RE-ELECTED ( he's weak and clueless rite?), WE'LL BREAKAWAY FROM NIGERIA. You that's informed and have the resources should be yearning for your own nation. I don't get the HYPOCRISY or they're LEECHES or what?

Stop being naïve my friend. You think the clueless hat wearing dumbo is worth breaking this great country for? I'm sorry, we don't need to make such empty threat or issue baseless ultimatums, the clueless drunk will be kicked out at the polls. cool

5 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
Mckennedy:

It's because they are very important to Nigeria that's why your parent fought to retain them Nigeria knowing fully well that if this ppl secede nothing will be left.
B.stard
my parents did not fight to retain them. Your biafra uncles invade Ore, Yorubaland, so my parents had no choice than to chase them back across the Niger into their cursed land of Biafra

13 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Donmarrius: 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
If you arent foolish, you would have realised that they are about 14 PDP Governors in the North. So you want the North with their PDP Governors who support jonathan to stay together while southwest states that oppose jonathan like Lagos and Ogun opt out
I don't like quoting kids who take insult for constructive discuss.
I don't care about PDP or APC,cos' they are 'nest of doom' for humanity!.
I care about the thought,belief,and action of the GREATER percentage of Yorubas and north,as regards this issue under review.
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by atlwireles: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
[s]
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Bastard

i have quoted you again. Taraba and Kebbi state are both PDP states. Go tell your otuekwe fisherman to form a country with them

[/s]
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by shakol91(m): 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
Donmarrius:

Did you pass common entrance examination?.Is that what the Op ask?.why not answer the question intelligently?.let me repeat it to you in a more simplied manner,WHY IS IT THAT,NORTH AND SW DESPITE HATING AND DISPARAGING GEJ,AND BY EXTENSION SS AND SE,HAS NEVER DEEMED IT NECESSARY TO WALK AWAY FROM THIS UNION OF OURS?

I didn't quote the OP because he only asked question but quoted you because you posted rubbish. For your better comprehension read what you posted that made me to quote you

1 Like

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by shakol91(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
Donmarrius:

First,who you are,and where you come from,is grossly inconsequential to me,i only made mention of yoruba sophistication mantra,cos that's what you did.
Secondly,all i need from you,is the answer of WHY the yorubas and North,doesn't want to walk away from this union,or rather allow others do,despite the hate and other ill-mannered behaviours in this union,according to Op.
Lastly,i never asked you who will survive or die.I DO NOT BELIEF IN PETRODOLLARS,I BELIEF IN HUMAN RESOURCES!.

alright if you want right answer to your question,you can simply leave where you live and come to ojuelegba in lagos to ask. You have Ibadan as an alternative place to ask. Iranu
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Donmarrius: 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
shakol91:
I didn't quote the OP because he only asked question but quoted you because you posted rubbish. For your better comprehension read what you posted that made me to quote you
Their isn't anything wrong with my post!.ANSWER THE QUESTION RAISED BY OP.
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by focus7: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
no other tribe is threating to leavce Nigeria except the Igbos, and guess they often threat to leave because they are the tenant in Nigeria. I don't mean to castigate the igbos, I must say the sons heir don't leave their inheritance only the slaves does and the master holds the right to decide whether the slave goes or not unless he pays his dues.

10 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Talk is cheap! Put your money where you mouth is and agitate for a restructured Nigeria or we all go our seperate ways!!

If more ethnic groups threatened secession like the current Biafran group is (whatever you make of their methods), then maybe it would make those holding us to ransome come to the negotiating table so we can all restructure this country!
what is this slowpoke saying? Abeg save me the sermon o jare.

Do you know that they are more ibos in Kano than they are in Ebonyi which is even an ibo state?

You want to opt out of the country yet you lot keep running out of your region in your thousands.

Ojuku, the greedy thief wanted biafra yet he annexed bonny, forcados, escravos and other oil producing non-iboland

7 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by gists: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
shakol91:
God bless U. you need to tell your people that project like cocoa house at dugbe in ibadan wasn't built with oil money,liberty stadium,free health and education system all these has nothing to do with oil money during Awo's era
Those were the good old days. lets talk about today. It is said that Ogun state has the highest number of industries in the country - non of them is oil producing!. Osun has been reported to be one of the most economically improved state inspite of its low revenue allocation from Abuja. I don't need to talk about how Lagos survived OBJ starvation of fund and even came out stronger. Don't forget ondo Ondo has some amount of oil and economic potential of oyo's population cannot be ignore/over looked.

So, OP, at least SW is not afraid. We only have the interest of the country at heart and even suggest true federalism with resource control (not sure if south east supported resource control self?).

6 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by vedd: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
EdCure:
We all see Nigeria as our own. Does a man issue threat to leave HIS OWN house?
The (empty and poorly planned) threats of secession is most common among the population that regard itself as tenants, immigrants and the subjugated.
No region in Nigeria is as diverse with settler communities as the SW and Edo.
When the time comes, we shall surround and dump you all at what remains of the Onitsha Head Bridge.

1 Like

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
Donmarrius:
Their isn't anything wrong with my post!.ANSWER THE QUESTION RAISED BY OP.
The wrong with your post is that you ought have directed your question to your ibo kinsmen who keep running out of iboland in their millions.

7 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
shakol91:
Countries like japan,Israel and so on focused on their human resources, I know with good educational system any region can develop. If a natural disaster like tsunami should happen in the niger-delta area due to mining,the region won't like to face the problem alone because every region enjoyed the proceeds together. Nigeria needs every region to survive
the ss region is facing oil spill and environment degredation alone
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Mckennedy: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
[quote author=FFKfuckedBIANCA post=27952816]B.stard
my parents did not fight to retain them. Your biafra uncles invede Ore, Yorubaland, so my parents had no choice than to chase them back across the Niger into their cursed land of Biafra[/quote

why calling B.stard? Biafra never declared war on Nigeria but Nigeria did after a peaceful accorccord at Aburi Ghana..maybe you should go back and ask your parents. But if that not enough, Google' Aburi Agreement '
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by kettykin: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
focus7:
no other tribe is threating to leavce Nigeria except the Igbos, and guess they often threat to leave because they are the tenant in Nigeria. I don't mean to castigate the igbos, I must say the sons heir don't leave their inheritance only the slaves does and the master holds the right to decide whether the slave goes or not unless he pays his dues.

so how come the so called landlords don't deem it fit to at least stop bombing their so called bombed out inheritance, the slave master that was dozing and the slave superseded him in every sphere of human existence must be an interesting slave master so much so that schemes like federal quota , lower cut off marks for federal common entrance will have to be invented so that the master can catch up .

How come the slave control everything from sports , entertainment, movies, banking, media , new media, leaving the masters to be rioting over subsidy money .

How come the slave descendants are the best economist have better sports men produce better authors , writers , movie actors celebrated novelist, musicians , olympic gold medalist , business men etc

10 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Mckennedy: 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
B.stard
my parents did not fight to retain them. Your biafra uncles invade Ore, Yorubaland, so my parents had no choice than to chase them back across the Niger into their cursed land of Biafra

why calling B.stard? Biafra never declared war on Nigeria but Nigeria did after a peaceful accord at Aburi Ghana..maybe you should go back and ask your parents. But if that not enough, Google' Aburi Agreement '

1 Like

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
TRUTHTELA:

speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by femicyrus(m): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
We can now see clearly how the presidency of GEJ have divided nigerians. undecided
Igbos are everywhere in the north and SW
Hausa/fulani are everywhere in SS,SE and SW
Yorubas are everywhere in North, SS and SE.
We married each other, we leave together and even share a common goal without division. But now it is division by religion, economy, politics etc. All thanks to GEJ for transforming Nigeira!

5 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by nedu2000(m): 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
Donmarrius:

the north wants our union because of the oil money,simple!!.& its quite understandable from their view point.
The south west are generally unconcerned if there's a disintegration or not
Its from the northern reference point that I say the practice of true federalism will be difficult to initate without making the necessary steps

2 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by cheruv: 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
focus7:
inheritance bequeathed to you by a conquering British army I can't believe peeps can be so daft undecided
before 1914 there was no Nigeria and by 2060 there would be no Nigeria to celebrate 100 yrs of independence.
I like slavery..its a system that confers certain benefits to the economy but history is replete with stories of slaves who killed their masters and took everything he owned for themselves.. some like Jaja went on to build powerful states.
go and read about the mamluks..while reading about that have this quote by Awo in 1947 in mind that Nigeria is a mere geographical expression..

4 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
femicyrus:
We can now see clearly how the presidency of GEJ have divided nigerians. undecided
We married each other, we leave together and even share a common goal without division. But now it is division by religion, economy, politics etc. All thanks to GEJ for transforming Nigeira!

YOU ARE AVERY BIG FOOL!!! SO GEJ WAS ALSO RESPONSIBE FOR THE SHARIA RIOTS OF THE 2000S AND THE NIGERIA CIVIL WAR? ANU MPAMA.U DONT WANT A NIGER-DELTA PRESIDENT BUT YOU STILL WANT TO ENJOY AWOOF OIL

3 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Donmarrius: 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
nedu2000:
the north wants our union because of the oil money,simple!!.& its quite understandable from their view point.
The south west are generally unconcerned if there's a disintegration or not
Its from the northern reference point that I say the practice of true federalism will be difficult to initate without making the necessary steps
Ok!!!.

But is it not wise we seperate and survive,than
engage ourselves in a 'forced togetherness',that can cause collision and hence destruction?
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by cheruv: 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
femicyrus:
and I'd vote him for another 40yrs to transform Nigeria.. when he serves out his tenure in 2055,Nigerians would be ready like the Jugoslavs and Soviets were in '91 to form new countries

1 Like

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Donmarrius: 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
The wrong with your post is that you ought have directed your question to your ibo kinsmen who keep running out of iboland in their millions.
In the spirit of one Nigeria forced on them by same North and SW,who doesn't want Nigeria break,my Igbo brothers are in every part of Nigeria,and of course,in every part of the world!.
Mind you,yorubas are here in Igboland too!
But please,don't derail this thread,answer the question!!!

1 Like

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Donmarrius: 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
shakol91:
alright if you want right answer to your question,you can simply leave where you live and come to ojuelegba in lagos to ask. You have Ibadan as an alternative place to ask. Iranu
Are you kidding me?.

Ok buddy,i will be there IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT,but you MUST book my flight!.
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by femicyrus(m): 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Why did you leave your village that has oil to go and open a shop in lagos?
chukwudi44:

YOU ARE AVERY BIG FOOL!!! SO GEJ WAS ALSO RESPONSIBE FOR THE SHARIA RIOTS OF THE 2000S AND THE NIGERIA CIVIL WAR? ANU MPAMA.U DONT WANT A NIGER-DELTA PRESIDENT BUT YOU STILL WANT TO ENJOY AWOOF OIL

5 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by salam1(m): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
U keep on saying the south east is the best place nd still majority of u people stay in the North nd southwest, wat an irony. I pity una I swear.

2 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by femicyrus(m): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
What is the difference between you and bokoharam that want a new islamic country?

cheruv:

and I'd vote him for another 40yrs to transform Nigeria.. when he serves out his tenure in 2055,Nigerians would be ready like the Jugoslavs and Soviets were in '91 to form new countries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman / Ebonyi Pensioners Smile Again / INEC Warns Against Inciting Statements As Campaigns Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.