Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? (7426 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing Your Mom Caught You Doing? / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents / Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Benbisco(f): 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
After dressing up my 6yr old for church, I realized he was begining to outgrow his trousers so I said "wow! You are growing tall we need to get you more trousers". My 3yr old daughter who had been forming sleep all along suddenly said " no, don't buy him new ones let him manage them"?

Some days later I told the 6yr old to get a toy for the 7 mths old and he brings a broken one. I asked him to change it and he goes "Its ok. Let him manage it".

I guess "manage" is a new word they learnt. cheesy

Armed robbers broke into our home in the middle of the night and were asking for money and I was hysterically searching my bag for money. My 3yr old was just watching from a corner. After they left she was like "mummy, you were scared of the thieves" I said "no, I wasn't". She says" yes you were that is why you were looking for money to give to them to leave you alone" as in bribe? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by woky: 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ok smiley
skillzbae:
Thomas, pm me or drop ur whatsapp nos
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by saponification: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
One day I spanked my 3 yrs old son for misbehavin n he shouted ooohh!mummy stop it now then he picked a book near him ,put it to his ears like a phone n said 'barney my mummy is beatin me oooo come n see her'.I laughed so much n later when I cautioned him in a light tone ,he took d same book n said'barney don't come again u hear my mummy have said sorry'.

11 Likes

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by ladyfeli(f): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
I don't have a child yt bt ma 11 months old cousin is one comic character. If a stranger attempts to carry him he will just turn his head n start scratching his ears
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
woky:
You expect me to believe your daughter is 3yrz??

When my son was 3yrs old, I showed him our President on tv, he turned to me and said mum that man wearing cap is not our President, he can't be. children say things you don't expect, he was telling his friend, anytime you see my mum laughing she is reading nairaland . I no believe my ears that day .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by woky: 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
brito:

When my son was 3yrs old, I showed him our President on tv, he turned to me and said mum that man wearing cap is not our President, he can't be. children say things you don't expect, he was telling his friend, anytime you see my mum laughing she is reading nairaland . I no believe my ears that day .
shocked
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Splendblex(f): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
brito:

Lol, how did he know that?
My son is 3 + I went to unical, and when I came back I told him I went to school, he said; what did they teach you? I just laughed eh
One morning during morning devotion, I was praying and I said " baba in heaven " my son just shouted eh baba is in heaven? baba is in doma na.Lolz(Baba is his grandpa, and he lives in a place called Doma) we couldn't finish praying that day.

8 Likes

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Mamaflex(f): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Brb
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Slot301(f): 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Can't wait to have minekiss kiss
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by pak: 1:26am On Nov 14, 2014
skillzbae:
My 3yr old once told me Mumi,i dnt like ur frnd,she begs too much. Anoda frnd of mine ws in my hse, complaining of his wife behaviour, my dota looked @ him nd said If u dnt like her, y did u marry her? D guy jux got up nd went to his house. I ws helping her wit her home wrk one day, i wanted to b sure she knew wat she ws doing, so i ws trying to confuse her,d little madam said,mumi i dnt blame u, u r alwz sitting at home without going to sch,i wil tel my daddy to bring u to my sch,so dat u wil knw book

Please am begging you, don't 'tame' this intelligent girl as other responders have been suggesting. She's just natural curious and has a good ability to express herself.

Teach her social skills as she grows up but don't let her lose her confidence and feel as though being smart and expressive is something to be punished.

Don't you see kiddies program in this clime where seemingly intelligent kids just freeze whenever they are in front of the cameras. its due to years and years of being shut up when trying to express themselves up until they psychologically feel suppressed when adults are around

10 Likes

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by nickz(m): 1:49am On Nov 14, 2014
my second cousin(my cousin's son)....very sweet 4yrs old boy;very attached to this little man cause his mum and i were very close ....so he bears the same name with megrin

one day was in my room,wanted to take him out
so i had to change my shorts to a trouser
while changing i noticed somethinggrin
he was looking at his manhood while closely staring at mine even though i had boxers onshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked (like he was comparing something)

then he told me(will never forget)......"uncle,why is your wee wee thing bigger than my own"shockedshockedshockedgrin

another day he asked my gf....."
"are you his wife"gringrin
she told him "you won't understand....yes"
the boy said "ahn ahn how many wives does uncle now have"
shockedshockedshockedshocked baba wan spoil work for meangry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 14, 2014
nickz:

another day he asked my gf....."
"are you his wife"gringrin
she told him "you won't understand....yes"
the boy said "ahn ahn how many wives does uncle now have"
shockedshockedshockedshocked baba wan spoil work for meangry

cheesy cheesy. The young man doesn't believe in "polygamy". cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by lalasticlala(m): 7:28am On Nov 14, 2014
skillzbae:
Tnx, i do beat her, dunno wat else to do to caution her, u can imagine d embarrasement wen she told my mother in law dt d soup she cookd is nt sweet,nd ws asking her if she forgot to put maggi, tnk God her fada ws dre to calm his mum, cos d woman said i ws d one who must av said it to her hearing,God knws im innocent. Pls anyone dt knw hw i can tame her mouth shuld pls tell me,her fada believes she wil out grow it

Lol.
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by lalasticlala(m): 7:29am On Nov 14, 2014
Phema:

That wasn't so nice. Please teach her to not interfere in adult talks like that. That isn't being sharp. That is being naughty and ill mannered. And for your friend to walk away; it shows that you didn't see anything wrong in what your daughter said and prolly didn't caution her on the spot.

Please, it will be your own undoing if you go on thinking she will outgrow it. What if she doesn't? This is actually the best time to start inculcating good values. The foundation just has to be right. . .
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by bukatyne(f): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2014
Phema:

Lol

Became born-again @ quite young grin

Operation catch them young cheesy
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by lalasticlala(m): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2014
madampresident:
I went to market with my 3yr old G-daughter and a guy said she is fine and he wants to marry her. She was like..."No, you can not marry me now, I am small. When I grow up and people start calling me Aunty, you will marry me." Everybody pick laugh o. smiley

Children of nowadays.

Lol
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Henrypraise: 7:34am On Nov 14, 2014
Most pple commentin here ar women, dis feelin u get bein wit kids is d feelin fathers crave 4 from dia kids, but work n all dat doesn't giv dem dat chance.

Children ar so amazing, dia innocence n unbiased opinion of life.

My neighbours daughter of about 4 or 5yrs saw hair on my chest n asked me: "uncle henrypraise hu fix dis attachment for u? Its very fyn o" I almost choked wit laughter.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by lalasticlala(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2014
egopersonified:
When I had my third son, my second said 'we dont even have a baby girl, mummy go and buy a baby girl for us' embarassed. I laugh die.

The day I took the new born baby for immunization, both of them kept following me around the hospital and saying, 'mummy wants to return the baby' and I am like return the baby to who? The doctor, God or back to my womb?

Lwkmh
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by lalasticlala(m): 7:42am On Nov 14, 2014
I love this thread. So funny. Waiting patiently to read more. Lol
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by nickz(m): 8:26am On Nov 14, 2014
Phema:

gringringrin immediately after that incident.....my gf made him her best friendgringringrin
cos he's always with me

but i can bribe him easilycheesy
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by skillzbae(f): 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
pak:

Please am begging you, don't 'tame' this intelligent girl as other responders have been suggesting. She's just natural curious and has a good ability to express herself.

Teach her social skills as she grows up but don't let her lose her confidence and feel as though being smart and expressive is something to be punished.

Don't you see kiddies program in this clime where seemingly intelligent kids just freeze whenever they are in front of the cameras. its due to years and years of being shut up when trying to express themselves up until they psychologically feel suppressed when adults are around
Tnx
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Saraha1(f): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
Wow wonderful kids .
God bless your children.
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Odunharry(m): 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
lalasticlala:
I love this thread. So funny. Waiting patiently to read more. Lol
vry funi...update ur own o
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by lalasticlala(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
Odunharry:

vry funi...update ur own o

Odunharry, I never marry o. Can't wait to do that.
But my little niece of 4 years & nephew of 2 years are something else. They sometimes make comments that amaze me
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Lawalemi(m): 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
My younger sister was in the habit of exclaiming, 'O ga o' (this is wonderful) at the sight of any new thing. Funnily, my daughter exclaimed 'o ga o' on the day she sighted her in my album grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by agbeke58(f): 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
My 4yr old niece and her younger brother came for holiday some months back. They went to my dad's room one day and scattered d whole room. When my dad saw d messed up room, he spanked my niece and asked y she cant curtail her younger bro not to scatter d room, my niece just ran towards me and said "anty agbeke, grandpa is no more an adult".

Another day, she saw my grandpa shaving in his room and she asked, grandpa, y are u shaving ur bears in ur room, grandpa answered her dat he doesnt feel like shaving outside, her response was, ok grandpa, but dont mess up ur room. Grandpa sef confuse say see person wey i for tell make she nor mess herself up.

3 Likes

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2014
Oh my lool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by Savigne(f): 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
Funny comments...
My younger brother went to play football so when he came back he was all sweaty,so I said "Daniel Owefu"(Owefu means to smell...According to my neighbor) So my younger sister just kept on repeating what I said,so he started chasing her and she ran to my eldest brother.My eldest brother told him to leave her alone,which he did grumbling... As he was going to the bathroom she just called him
"Daniel"
He shouted "Wetin?!"
She grinned and replied "You know naooo" Funny girl

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by cococandy(f): 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
egopersonified:
When I had my third son, my second said 'we dont even have a baby girl, mummy go and buy a baby girl for us' embarassed. I laugh die.

The day I took the new born baby for immunization, both of them kept following me around the hospital saying, 'mummy wants to return the baby' and I am like return the baby to who? The doctor, God or back to my womb?
lmao @ "return the baby"
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by xynerise: 7:26am On Nov 15, 2014
Saraha1:
Wow wonderful kids .
God bless your children.
Amen
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by xynerise: 7:29am On Nov 15, 2014
My son called his cousin an antelope.
Re: Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? by anthoniaz(f): 8:08am On Nov 15, 2014
skillzbae:
Tnx, i do beat her, dunno wat else to do to caution her, u can imagine d embarrasement wen she told my mother in law dt d soup she cookd is nt sweet,nd ws asking her if she forgot to put maggi, tnk God her fada ws dre to calm his mum, cos d woman said i ws d one who must av said it to her hearing,God knws im innocent. Pls anyone dt knw hw i can tame her mouth shuld pls tell me,her fada believes she wil out grow it
Hmmm, I can imagine. Some kids are like that.My neighbour's son once came to my room with the mum, instead of sitting down, he started complaining that my room was smelling(I just used the toilet).He tells the mum that her mouth smells.We were all outside one day when he started talking about another neighbour that was passing by, his words were "mchwww, what kind of trouser is she even putting on sef" I was angry because the mum couldn't even caution her, rather she was smiling. This boy was just 3years then.There was a day I went to their house and he started whispering something to the sister who was just 2years and both of them were laughing,it was later they both said that I like shakara too much.To be frank I felt it must be their mum who said something like that in their presence that was why they were saying it.Kids ehn! They should always be cautioned else you will be the one to receive all the embarrassments.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Living With Parents After Wedding / Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love / I Am No Longer Interested In Sex With My Hubby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.