Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,904 members, 7,852,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:57 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (370910 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 8:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
1miccza:

And God in his might and infinite mercy would answer you and Aisha2's prayer by keeping him alive in Jesus name.
Amen!!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
olu4life:

Wait o,don't jump into conclusion. The indian hospitals said that when u sent the previous reports before discovering it was stage 4. Have u mailed them the current update before jumping its all about chemo?
I'm not jumping into conclusions. We have pictorial evidence from the CT scan that validates the claim from the LCC doctors.
The India doctors were consulted for different treatments considering the fact that people initinally thought he needed a liver transplant.

We are going to contact them again with the latest results and if chemotherapy is all they can offer then it's a frank No No
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 8:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Caracta,the cancer don spread na...moving dj to india is out of it IMO.

I think it's U.S. So we just leave him? Chemotherapy?

This doesn't sound good at all. Chai!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
jaybee3:

I'm not jumping into conclusions. We have pictorial evidence from the CT scan that validates the claim from the LCC doctors.
The India doctors were consulted for different treatments considering the fact that people initinally thought he needed a liver transplant.

We are going to contact them again with the latest results and if chemotherapy is all they can offer then it's a frank No No
Pls do!!! Cos I know at this stage,they can never say chemo. IMO I believe leaving him here means we are waiting and watching him to die.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
Caracta:

Did you bother to view/read the link?
The place is in mexico and it's an alternative palliative treatment. Bottom line is there isn't any cure

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
To the guys screaming india,please bear in mind we'll have to cough out another chunk to fund one member of dj's family that'll accompany him to India.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
olu4life:

Pls do!!! Cos I know at this stage,they can never say chemo

As a matter of fact, at this stage, that's almost the only option left.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by etenyong(m): 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
I want to really appreciate the volunteers for their effort so far and all who has shown concern in one way or the other.
Pls i want to plead that irrespective of what we contribute finacially and otherwise that shouldn't make anyone go beyond boundaries.
The patient medical report should be respected, its not everything should be make public. He deserve some privacy regarding his health state.
DJ maybe reading all this and it might affect him negatively.
We have right to suggest or share ideas and opinion on how to move 4ward but pls kindly keep something offline.
Just my humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
For the most part people,chemotherapy is about the only viable option left in stage 4 cancers if recommended
Chemotherapy is a strong medication that is given through the vein and also orally to kill off rapidly dividing cells and cancers are basically rapidly dividing cells but sadly they also kill off the patients good cells and could hasten death ,which makes them dangerous drugs.
Stage 4 means the cancer has spread to distant sites and most patients in stage 4 die within a short time.
Some cancers have better prognosis than others
The handicap here is not knowing where his primary tumor is,that is the saddest aspect of all I have read today
IMHO I believe having read all the recent posts by jaybee ,taking DJ to India at this time may not be wise
Let's be realistic
If there is someone that will give an open check,we may try but I believe that if we are depending on public solicitations to make this work,we may bite more than we can chew.
There is a chance that he may get to India and they say there isn't much they can do for him at this time,let's bear that in mind.

There some stage 4 cancers that are just put in hospice with palliative treatment until the time comes
This is sad but that is my summary of everything that has been written so far

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
alutacontinua:

As a matter of fact, at this stage, that's almost the only option left.
Haaaaa.... Meaning? (Make I never think otherwise sha)
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
Caracta:

Unfortunately, Chemo is the way foward. sad
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
I
Babymama1:
For the most part people,chemotherapy is about the only viable option left in stage 4 cancers if recommended
Chemotherapy is a strong medication that is given through the vein and also orally to kill off rapidly dividing cells and cancers are basically rapidly dividing cells but sadly they also kill off the patients good cells which makes them dangerous.
Stage 4 means the cancer has spread to distant sites and most patients in stage 4 die within a short time.
The handicap here is not knowing where his primary tumor is,that is the saddest aspect of all this.
IMHO I believe having read all the recent posts by jaybee ,taking DJ to India at this time may not be wise
Let's be realistic
If there is someone that will give an open check,we may try but I believe that if we are depending on public solicitations to make this work,we may bite more than we can chew.
There is a chance that he may get to India and they say there isn't much they can do for him at this time,let's bear that in mind.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
olu4life:

Haaaaa.... Meaning? (Make I never think otherwise sha)

Chemotherapy is not death sentence, you know.
it's not awesome but there's nothing awesome about cancer.
Some people just noted that the kind of chemo avaialble in Naija is nothing to write home about, dunno how true that is!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
Oh no...

Really sad. Damn!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
alutacontinua:

Chemotherapy is not death sentence, you know.
it's not awesome but there's nothing awesome about cancer.
Some people just noted that the kind of chemo avaialble in Naija is nothing to write home about, dunno how true that is!
Chai... And chemo will be done almost every time if I'm right,not just one treatment thing. It is going to be well IJN
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
jaybee3:

That's the koko. I'm just angry at the fact that something can be allowed to get to this stage just because luth wouldn't treat/investigate him cos of lack of funds.
It's just pathetic really that our Government don't provide the facilties to treat emergency patients.

Sadly our hospitals are in that state. Those who can please take NHIS, we need to take our lives in our hands knowing we dont have a lot of care if something goes wrong. Prevention is the best cure, the second best cure is early detection.
Cancer, kidney failure even heart attack and high blood pressure is no respecter of age, tribe or religion.

We self medicate on everything and even resort to herbs and supress symptoms sadly by the time we get to the hospital it's when cases has reached our brothers level.

It could happen to anyone of us. I beg everyone reading this thread from today if you don't do so already make a pact to go and get a comprehensive medical check up and make it a yearly thing. Some people complain of the cost highest N10,000 or N20,000 how much is that compared to what we are spending on our brother now? That small amount you spend every year to ensure you are fine will save us millions.

Eat fresh fruits and vegetables more and less of frozen meat and fish, fresh fruit juice and less of packaged ones. My sisters eating 3 packs of fast food and shawarmna is not enjoyment and catching mugu oh. Take fresh air and less of airconditioner in the evening. God help us all. My drinking brothers time to cut down oh. God help us all

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
Babymama1:
Chemotherapy is a strong medication that is given through the vein and also orally to kill off rapidly dividing cells and cancers are basically rapidly dividing cells but sadly they also kill off the patients good cells and could hasten death ,which makes them dangerous drugs.
The handicap here is not knowing where his primary tumor is,that is the saddest aspect of all I have read today
Let's be realistic

There some stage 4 cancers that are just put in hospice with palliative treatment until the time comes

We are surely moving forward.

Good points osisi

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
There is something I had wanted to say last year and kept it to myself and I think I should mention it now for the benefit of who knows

When I saw DJ's pictures last year especially the picture where he was well
Something struck me
His eyes
I don't know if it's the picture but I Saw yellowing in his eyes
That is a sign people should be aware of
Jaundice especially in an adult spells trouble even when you don't feel that sick
Who knows how long he has been sick
This may have been caught earlier
Let's watch out for things like that
I could be very wrong here

See pic at bottom of page on link below

https://www.nairaland.com/1963635/need/2

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
jaybee3:

That's the koko. I'm just angry at the fact that something can be allowed to get to this stage just because luth wouldn't treat/investigate him cos of lack of funds.
It's just pathetic really that our Government don't provide the facilties to treat emergency patients.
We need to draw attention to this anomaly.
l thought government hospital were supposed to be cheap and people oriented.
l was just reading this morning that a man was told to bring 2 million before he can be treated for a stab wound to the stomach.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
aisha2:

Sadly our hospitals are in that state. Those who can please take NHIS, we need to take our lives in our hands knowing we dont have a lot of care if something goes wrong. Prevention is the best cure, the second best cure is early detection.
Cancer, kidney failure even heart attack and high blood pressure is no respecter of age, tribe or religion.

We self medicate on everything and even resort to herbs and supress symptoms sadly by the time we get to the hospital it's when cases has reached our brothers level.

It could happen to anyone of us. I beg everyone reading this thread from today if you don't do so already make a pact to go and get a comprehensive medical check up and make it a yearly thing. Some people complain of the cost highest N10,000 or N20,000 how much is that compared to what we are spending on our brother now? That small amount you spend every year to ensure you are fine will save us millions.

Eat fresh fruits and vegetables more and less of frozen meat and fish, fresh fruit juice and less of packaged ones. My sisters eating 3 packs of fast food and shawarmna is not enjoyment and catching mugu oh. Take fresh air and less of airconditioner in the evening. God help us all. My drinking brothers time to cut down oh. God help us all

Yes
Annual check up with full blood work done from a reputable lab
Ladies palpate your breasts and armpit area monthly after your periods to check for lumps and if you get to 40 with or without family history ,get a mammogram annually.
For those of you who can afford trips to the USA don't just come to shop and take pictures,also get a medical check up
A private doctor won't charge more than $170 to $200 to give you a check up and you get lab work done,health centers or county hospitals will charge less than $50

It is very very essential

The first time my parents came to visit and I took them for a check up at a health center for only $20 and on taking my dad's BP it was over 180 systolic shocked shocked shocked
That was a man waiting to stroke out in future
He has been on BP meds since then,that was 13 years ago.
Effects of stroke are difficult to manage but high BP can be controlled by diet,exercise and meds.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
I don't like the mood of this thread
Are you guys considering the psychological effect of your comments.
pessimism everywhere.
This kills even faster than Stage 20 cancer

Abeg move this discussion to a place dj won't access.
Let this thread be for updates

Provided there is life
There is hope
I have seen bigger miracle

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Babymama1:

Yes
Annual check up with full blood work done from a reputable lab
Ladies palpate your breasts and armpit area monthly after your periods to check for lumps and if you get to 40 with or without family history ,get a mammogram annually.
For those of you who can afford trips to the USA don't just come to shop and take pictures,also get a medical check up
A private doctor won't charge more than $170 to $200 to give you a check up and you get lab work done,health centers or county hospitals will charge less than $50

It is very very essential

The first time my parents came to visit and I took then for a check up at a health center for only $20 and on taking my dad's BP it was over 180 systolic shocked shocked shocked
That was a man waiting to stroke out in future
He has been on BP meds since then,that was 13 years ago.
Effects of stroke are difficult to manage but high BP can be controlled by diet,exercise and meds.

Thank you for this. We go abroad for vacation take pictures shop and come home then God forbid we fall and die or fall ill then we blame witches for being jealous of our progress

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
@Babymama1
Pls don't put DJ pics up there again
You can get your unfo across without necessarily putting him there.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
aisha2:

You have succeeded in getting me scared! I hope this effect will propel me to the hospital tomorrow. I have health insurance cover but I have never used it. I presently bought septrin for cough OTC just because I don't want to visit a doctor. Lord have Mercy.

Help me though, what tests exactly should one conduct or ask for? I am not 30yrs yet.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
aisha2:

Thank you for this. We go abroad for vacation take pictures shop and come home then God forbid we fall and die or fall ill then we blame witches for being jealous of our progress

This girl eh grin grin grin
You need to see me and my mother
When she comes with all her MFM stories of spiritual attacks grin grin
Everything is a spiritual attack
Even our neighbors black cat crawled under the fence and came to our backyard ,my mother will be binding and casting

I believe some things are spiritual but not everything untoward is spiritual

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
chidyhels:
@Babymama1
Pls don't put DJ pics up there again
You can get your unfo across without necessarily putting him there.

He posted that picture and several others himself last year,I didn't dig them up from anywhere else
They are here on this thread

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Gboliwe:

You have succeeded in getting me scared! I hope this effect will propel me to the hospital tomorrow. I have health insurance cover but I have never used it. I presently bought septrin for cough OTC just because I don't want to visit a doctor. Lord have Mercy.

Help me though, what tests exactly should one conduct or ask for? I am not 30yrs yet.

Blood work
Blood pressure
Blood sugar
Brea-st and cervical cancer.

Forget age, age doesn't matter now oh, before they said cervical cancer was 35 years and above but now even 18 year olds present with it.

Don't be scared be motivated to take action and get in control of your life so nothing will spring up and shock you. For cervical cancer you can take the vaccine if you are negative
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
Babymama1:

He posted that picture and several others himself last year,I didn't dig them up from anywhere else
They are here on this thread
His pictures here were for a purpose
The purpose you are putting it up is not part of it.
Put yourself in his shoes

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by cococandy(f): 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
That's the misinformation that makes many people find out late if they have health issues.

aisha2:

Blood work
Blood pressure
Blood sugar

Forget age, age doesn't matter now oh, before they said cervical cancer was 35 years and above but now even 18 year olds present with it.

Don't be scared be motivated to take action and get in control of your life so nothing will spring up and shock you. For cervical cancer you can take the vaccine if you are negative

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
aisha2:

Blood work
Blood pressure
Blood sugar

Hmmmmm. This is calming I must say. These are free tests under NHIS and I actually know my status in them. I thought there were more tests I should look out for. Thank you.
Concerning that cervical cancer vaccine, its too tasking. They told me I would take 3 shots at different times. I will take the first one, which I took, then come back after 4mths and take the second one and come back after 6mths and take the third and final shot. Unfortunately, I didn't even remember when my 2nd shot was due. I will have to go sort it out with them.

Thank you all the same. I really appreciate.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
Gboliwe:

Hmmmmm. This is calming I must say. These are free tests under NHIS and I actually know my status in them. I thought there were more tests I should look out for. Thank you.
Concerning that cervical cancer vaccine, its too tasking. They told me I would take 3 shots at different times. I will take the first one, which I took, then come back after 4mths and take the second one and come back after 6mths and take the third and final shot. Unfortunately, I didn't even remember when my 2nd shot was due. I will have to go sort it out with them.

Thank you all the same. I really appreciate.

Go and sort it out oh. Better to stress and do the 3 shots than God forbid be faced with treatment na that one dey tasking pass sister

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by emmysexxy(f): 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
cryGood evening room.I was banned reasons for telling what I know.I wonder why I was unbanned again.I have been receiving texts from ppl on my mail insulting me and my family well its all good.God knows and see all things.dj I believe your miracle is on d way.ho ever suggested they unbann me thanks.cause d whole of today I felt like a lepper.I guess I won't be a problem anymore

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.