Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (370144 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Babymama1:

Can someone answer me please
Caracta
Chaircover
R231
Jaybee3

Our field worker was with him last thursday.
I spoke to him on thursday and i plan to go see him very soon
We communicate with him all the time (we've spoken to him today)

With regards to his cognitive state, there really isn't anything to report. He is anxious as expected but hopeful things will get better

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 4:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice one. keep up the good work.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
I will be straight to the point

@Tehn you guys have wrong me in no little way but for the sake of this dj I forgive you guys

Is dj at home as we speak or in the hospital ?

Hcg have being calling me every week since last year on this case

If you guys still want to fly him to hcg india then call hcg on 08123903174 they promise to get all travelling document for him fast and even if u still dont want to fly him out , you can still call the number for assistance , the white guy is in nigeria now and he said he will like to see him physically.

Peace
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
cc r231, jaybee etc.
l think getting passport for him just in case its necessary should be done fast. if he wouldnt need it its no biggie. it cant be more than 25k.
l think facilitating the meeting with the white doctor should also be fast tracked so he can give recommendations on the pissible next step.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
jaybee3:

Our field worker was with him last thursday.
I spoke to him on thursday and i plan to go see him very soon
We communicate with him all the time (we've spoken to him today)

With regards to his cognitive state, there really isn't anything to report. He is anxious as expected but hopeful things will get better

Is he at home or in the hospital
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
Babymama1:

Is he at home or in the hospital
He is currently an outpatient

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Themaingate:

@Tehn you guys have wrong me in no little way but for the sake of this dj I forgive you guys

If you guys still want to fly him to hcg india then call hcg on 08123903174 they promise to get all travelling document for him fast and even if u still dont want to fly him out , you can still call the number for assistance , the white guy is in nigeria now and he said he will like to see him physically.

Peace
Thank u so very much for following up with HCG. I said this earlier,forward the current report u have to them and let's hear their opinion and not to conclude that they will refer him to chemo treatment.
Bros thanks once again
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
A normal person has cancer cells form all the time. It is not a problem because their immune system handles the cancer cells routinely. But when the number of cancer cells grows too quickly, or the immune system is suppressed, the balance between new cancer cells and the immune system’s ability to kill them gets out of balance.

Thus, BY DEFINITION a cancer patient does not have a strong enough immune system to handle newly forming cancer cells.

CANCER DIET MUST, MUST, MUST be part of cancer treatment

www.cancer.org/cancer/lungcancer-non-smallcell/detailedguide/non-small-cell-lung-cancer-treating-by-stage
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 10:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
So, we don't really have a rough estimate on how much it will take to get this brother out to India/US or somewhere better? I am sorry but I am of the old school block who believe in miracles. I strongly do believe also that if we can have a united front, we can look back at today and just go speechless in thanksgiving.

So, I would suggest that the fund-raising starts again. The politicians won't help us now (not like they had) because they are all too busy with their campaigns, so they are ruled out. Any ideas on how we can raise something really substantial? Atleast let it be said that we covered all options.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by delpee(f): 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Praying for a miracle. The Lord is your srength DJDOLA.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Gboliwe:
So, we don't really have a rough estimate on how much it will take to get this brother out to India/US or somewhere better? I am sorry but I am of the old school block who believe in miracles. I strongly do believe also that if we can have a united front, we can look back at today and just go speechless in thanksgiving.

So, I would suggest that the fund-raising starts again. The politicians won't help us now (not like they had) because they are all too busy with their campaigns, so they are ruled out. Any ideas on how we can raise something really substantial? Atleast let it be said that we covered all options.

With regards to your first paragraph, "every" information you require has been provided in the updates/responses by Jaybee...stuffs about treatment cost circa N4M, targeted Chemo offered in Nigeria likely to be same in India, etc

Re, your second paragraph, "again" if you go through Jaybee's update you would see info about a caveat emptor/diagnosis now being investigated in New York...the Politician gentleman after personally phoning DJ, posted a promise to chip in following a "final diagnosis" being gotten...yes it's been 66 nail-biting days investigation started on the patient at this hospital, but fingers crossed a miracle would happen and New York hospital will give him a clean bill of health certificate with the good news that he is healed and free...amen.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by cycline404(m): 11:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
Gboliwe:

We need to start again, maybe get the initial expenses and balance and how much that is required now, cos the campaign must begin again so we wont be stranded when it comes to money matter.

I love you Djola and get well soon
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 4:36am On Jan 20, 2015
Busybody2:

With regards to your first paragraph, "every" information you require has been provided in the updates/responses by Jaybee...stuffs about treatment cost circa N4M, targeted Chemo offered in Nigeria likely to be same in India, etc

Re, your second paragraph, "again" if you go through Jaybee's update you would see info about a caveat emptor/diagnosis now being investigated in New York...the Politician gentleman after personally phoning DJ, posted a promise to chip in following a "final diagnosis" being gotten...yes it's been 66 nail-biting days investigation started on the patient at this hospital, but fingers crossed a miracle would happen and New York hospital will give him a clean bill of health certificate with the good news that he is healed and free...amen.

The expertise of the administrators of this chemo as a form of cure will go a long way in its success. . . . . . . ..
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by red101(f): 4:52am On Jan 20, 2015
What a topic.
I know we Nigerians believe in miracles and have a lot of faith but I hope we can also be more realistic and practical in approach to this situation. Esp for those talking about flying this young man to India. I don't think that is a realistic idea. too risky ( plus imagine all the confusion and drama that will come out of it). I like the idea of focusing on quality of life care for him at this point or following doctor recommendations.

Maybe when this is all over, THeN should come up with a concrete mission statement and strategic plan to guide in ways to make the organization more efficient going forward. this is important because people will stop contributing their hard earned money if they don't see results. or if they thought that their previous contributions went to waste.

Maybe it's just me but I don't like the idea of emergency fund raising esp on a very large platform as this. It leads to issues. it's better to have a pool of funds already (through yearly general fundraisers etc) and then with a clear head, one can choose good candidates (the criteria should be laid out in the strategic plan which should be drafted by board members). assess their needs (I think patients should already have a diagnosis or needs that are clearly articulated before coming to THeN for help. again this is a criteria that should already be created) set a budget, timeline and go through with helping them. This will lead to less worry about money or being defrauded by doctors or getting new diagnosis updates that leads to surprises about the amount of money needed, lack of information that leads to panic and confusion etc.

Overall, this is a really great effort and i'm very impressed by Nairaland. WOW

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by aboki2000(m): 5:01am On Jan 20, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Abo/ki na monday morning,respect yourself na angry

Morning everyone... smiley
Idowuogbo I sight u
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 7:51am On Jan 20, 2015
red101:
What a topic.
I know we Nigerians believe in miracles and have a lot of faith but I hope we can also be more realistic and practical in approach to this situation. Esp for those talking about flying this young man to India. I don't think that is a realistic idea. too risky ( plus imagine all the confusion and drama that will come out of it). I like the idea of focusing on quality of life care for him at this point or following doctor recommendations.

Maybe when this is all over, THeN should come up with a concrete mission statement and strategic plan to guide in ways to make the organization more efficient going forward. this is important because people will stop contributing their hard earned money if they don't see results. or if they thought that their previous contributions went to waste.

Maybe it's just me but I don't like the idea of emergency fund raising esp on a very large platform as this. It leads to issues. it's better to have a pool of funds already (through yearly general fundraisers etc) and then with a clear head, one can choose good candidates (the criteria should be laid out in the strategic plan which should be drafted by board members). assess their needs (I think patients should already have a diagnosis or needs that are clearly articulated before coming to THeN for help. again this is a criteria that should already be created) set a budget, timeline and go through with helping them. This will lead to less worry about money or being defrauded by doctors or getting new diagnosis updates that leads to surprises about the amount of money needed, lack of information that leads to panic and confusion etc.

You have made very valuable suggestions.

A good analysis of the situation with recommendations going forward and made salient observations

I will forward this to ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Fhemmmy: 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
red101:
What a topic.

[b]I tried so hard not to comment on this thread, especially with how things had turn out, insults and fighting like APC against PDP, while they are all same Nigerians being controlled by same clueless leaders.
While you made a great point, I disagree with the bold part, though, disagree with more, but the bold stood out for me.

Would you agree that this young man might not have kmow what is happening to him till today if the ThEn never got involved? Many are dying like chicken in our run down health care system all cos they can't afford the scan and check up and all that, so if many MUST wait to know what kinda sickness it it, then the name of this TheN might as well be changed and just be in the business of donating caskets.

Inasmuch as they could have dine more, I think they deserve everyone's praise, their prsence and that of God opened some doors to the young man.

I duff my hat to some individuals as well that worked behind the scene and yet not a member of TheN...... I am proud to be a Nigerian and our future is bright, to all donors, God bless you and to those that wished to give but couldn't, God will provide and to those that did leg work, finger work, God be with you all.

To the young man, you will live and not die..... once next step is known, Fhemmmy motors and the management will be part as well.
[/b]

9 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2015
red101:

We do have a mission statement and our strategic goals and plans are published on our page => https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread

Obviously there is always room for improvement and we welcome suggestions on our to make us better.

We always asses each individual case before taking it on board after which we set measurable targets to measure success at each stage of our agreed/published plan. I’m only highlighting this because you mentioned not seeing results which is factually incorrect. You can view some of the cases (Please focus on the summary report) we’ve been involved with on our page

red101:

We have long realised that our modus operandi which is slightly reactive might not be as effective as we would like but we are now putting systems/steps in place to address this.
Some of the steps we are putting in place is to:
1) Formal registration of the group as a charity organisation
2) Once we achieve the registration, we will then proceed to open a dedicated account that can be audited periodically when needed

Thanks for the feedback though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I tried so hard not to comment on this thread, especially with how things had turn out, insults and fighting like APC against PDP, while they are all same Nigerians being controlled by same clueless leaders.
While you made a great point, I disagree with the bold part, though, disagree with more, but the bold stood out for me.

Would you agree that this young man might not have kmow what is happening to him till today if the ThEn never got involved? Many are dying like chicken in our run down health care system all cos they can't afford the scan and check up and all that, so if many MUST wait to know what kinda sickness it it, then the name of this TheN might as well be changed and just be in the business of donating caskets.

Inasmuch as they could have dine more, [b]I think they deserve everyone's praise,
their prsence and that of God opened some doors to the young man.

I duff my hat to some individuals as well that worked behind the scene and yet not a member of TheN...... I am proud to be a Nigerian and our future is bright, to all donors, God bless you and to those that wished to give but couldn't, God will provide and to those that did leg work, finger work, God be with you all.

To the young man, you will live and not die..... once next step is known, Fhemmmy motors and the management will be part as well.
[/b]

But neither Red101 or anyone on this thread or the previous one has ever said TEHN does not deserve praise, "nor" was any one of the numerous fights that transpired here "about" TeHN!! So rhetorically "speaking", why can't we wait till this "critical case" is over "first"?...

Just stating this because I was one of those caught up in those fracas which I couldn't make head or tail of, because all I only came to state was that this hospital was haemourraging money and time that DJ doesn't have, Babyosisi/Babymama1 felt he should go to India for diagnosis and treatment...and "if" I have any issue with TEHN, I would definitely not deal with it on "this" thread/platform...

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
Gboliwe:

The expertise of the administrators of this chemo as a form of cure will go a long way in its success. . . . . . . ..

Sis, personally I don't even have 1% trust in basic paracetamol, given what I know about the profit-first orientation of "conventional" medicine sad sad

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
Busybody2:

But neither Red101 or anyone on this thread or the previous one has ever said TEHN does not deserve praise, "nor" was any one of the numerous fights that transpired here "about" TeHN!! So rhetorically "speaking", why can't we wait till this "critical case" is over "first"?...

Just stating this because I was one of those caught up in those fracas which I couldn't make head or tail of, because all I only came to state was that this hospital was haemourraging money and time that DJ doesn't have, Babyosisi/Babymama1 felt he should go to India for diagnosis and treatment...and "if" I have any issue with TEHN, I would definitely not deal with it on "this" thread/platform...

[b]Madam at the top, i saw and read all that happened with you and the rest of them, and in all honesty, people like you is needed on such committee to put everyone else in check, it is called check and balance, and again, please note that i never said the gentleman is not praising them, but i have read as well of people hurling insults at TheN which in all honesty, not needed, i saw all insult sent your way as well, which, again, was not necessary . . . At the end of the day, what i have seen on this thread is that, we are all brothers and sister with so much passion to see the young man get well and back on his feet, but the approach are just different, which is OK too.

There are cold blood as well as hot blood, all in the name of seeing the young man feeling better, even the neighbor, i am sure just wanna see her neighbor get better and Babyosisi, all she wants is for the young man to be better, at the end of the day, everyone is on same page but just not same approach.

Again, everyone could work together to get the best for this young man . . . Again, i am so proud of everyone that has spoken, argued and fought, this really shows that Nigerians are people with hearts and we love our people.

So DJ could do us all a huge favor, get better soon, and God that see all these will grant the young man a great miracle of healing.

I read Jaybee3's comment above on how they plan to make the TheN a better team and i applaud them for accepting that they are not perfect and willing to get better.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
How is he doing today?
Comfortable and in no pain I pray
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by aderonila18: 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
I have spoken to an NGO about DJDOLA, they would like more information about the diagnosis and recommendations from the doctors. Also they would like to know exactly how much it will take to get him treatment in Nigeria or fly him to India if necessary. Has he been referred to a doctor in India? Have they given him an estimate for treatment ? What about tickets and family member accompanying ? Basically how much will everything cost

The pages of this thread are so many and it's hard to pick out the relevant information. I would appreciate it if someone ( I know DJOLA. May not be able to do that now )can email me with the needed details so I can pass it on to the NGO. They want to have an idea of exactly how much he needs before they reach out to him personally because they don't want to give him false hope if it turns that they don't have enough money to help him .
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by aderonila18: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
And please the fact that someone has stage 4 cancer dosent mean all hope is lost. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer about 4 years ago. It had spread to her lungs and other organs. We went to the US and they basically said there was no need to do a mastectomy since it was already stage 4. She was given hormone drugs to suppress the hormones and help to slow down the cancer, when she got back to Nigeria she did some chemotherapy and since then she's been very healthy. The first doctor that saw her basically said she had very little time left yet it's been years and she is doing very well. The doctors have been shocked at how well she's doing.definitely it is God's mercy

So let's keep giving our all to help him either with money, time or advice and we pray ceaselessly also. With God no case is ever too bad, we need to keep helping DJDOLA and not lose hope. It could be anyone

11 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Fhemmmy: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
aderonila18:
And please the fact that someone has stage 4 cancer dosent mean all hope is lot. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer about 4 years ago. It had spread to her lungs and other organs. We went to the US and they basically said there was no need to do a mastectomy since it was already stage 4. She was given hormone drugs to suppress the hormones and help to slow down the cancer, when she got back to Nigeria she did some chemotherapy and since then she's been very healthy. The first doctor that saw her basically said she had very little time left yet it's been years and she is doing very well. The doctors have been shocked at how well she's doing.definitely it is God's mercy

So let's keep giving our all to help him either with money, time or advice and we pray ceaselessly also. With God no case is ever too bad, we need to keep helping DJDOLA and not lose hope. It could be anyone

Could you recommend that same doctor in Nigeria to the TheN, maybe they could talk to such

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 9:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
I thought maingate did mention a white doctor presently in nigeria and willing to physically see hamed.
Is it possible to facilitate the meeting.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
aderonila18:
I have spoken to an NGO about DJDOLA, they would like more information about the diagnosis and recommendations from the doctors. Also they would like to know exactly how much it will take to get him treatment in Nigeria or fly him to India if necessary. Has he been referred to a doctor in India? Have they given him an estimate for treatment ? What about tickets and family member accompanying ? Basically how much will everything cost

The pages of this thread are so many and it's hard to pick out the relevant information. I would appreciate it if someone ( I know DJOLA. May not be able to do that now )can email me with the needed details so I can pass it on to the NGO. They want to have an idea of exactly how much he needs before they reach out to him personally because they don't want to give him false hope if it turns that they don't have enough money to help him .

Please send an.email to ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
Themaingate:

Peace

Please send an email to ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by taryour(f): 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
red101:
What a topic.

BRAVO!! This is like the best post I have read on nairaland. Am so in on the idea of making preparations/donations for future cases. Very good idea. This case for example, when the issue arose I was broke and couldn't make my donations early. took me a while before I could play a role.

Please TEHN crew take note of this sir's/ma's.
By the grace of God I would be willing to assist.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
Let's focus on today...the matter on ground....reorganizing or fine tuning Tehn can wait. How is DJ doing?...and again...when is the results from NY expected? ....within a week?...a month?....no time frame so we just have to hope and wait?....please...can someone in the know say something?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by aderonila18: 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Could you recommend that same doctor in Nigeria to the TheN, maybe they could talk to such

I will try and get his contact though it's been a while since she last had to see him , she stopped chemotherapy like 4 years ago

@pickabeau, thanks I'll send an email
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by red101(f): 2:24am On Jan 21, 2015
jaybee3:

We do have a mission statement and our strategic goals and plans are published on our page => https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread

Obviously there is always room for improvement and we welcome suggestions on our to make us better.

We always asses each individual case before taking it on board after which we set measurable targets to measure success at each stage of our agreed/published plan. I’m only highlighting this because you mentioned not seeing results which is factually incorrect. You can view some of the cases (Please focus on the summary report) we’ve been involved with on our page

We have long realised that our modus operandi which is slightly reactive might not be as effective as we would like but we are now putting systems/steps in place to address this.
Some of the steps we are putting in place is to:
1) Formal registration of the group as a charity organisation
2) Once we achieve the registration, we will then proceed to open a dedicated account that can be audited periodically when needed

Thanks for the feedback though

That's great! this is my first time hearing about this organization so I just posted my first impression from reading this thread.
seems like this organization is pretty solid from what you say and whatever issues there was probably has to do mostly with the state of healthcare system in Naija. I didn't think advanced cancer was something that's so difficult to detect until I read this thread. Again, it seems the healthcare system in Naija is the problem here and who knows as this organization grows bigger and stronger, it may end up contributing a lot in that respect as well.
kudos

what do you think of the idea of having maybe an annual fundraiser? or is money just raised on a case by case basis and balances (if any) carries over?

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.