Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (369476 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pluto04(m): 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2015
RIP DJDola. We pray that you get eternal rest and the people left behind, the fortitude to bear the loss.

While we are on the issue of funding balance, I think the decent thing would be to return the money to the original donors or to give it to DJDola's family. Anything other than that would be diversion of funds (from the original intention of the donors) aka 'fraud'. If you are thinking of diverting the money to a new project you might as well raise fresh money for that new project. Making decisions based on the opinions of 'un-invested' Nairalanders would not cut it. It would be wrong to divert funds without the explicit consent of each the original donors who are the 'only' stakeholders as far this decision is concerned.

Disclosure: I have no vested interest here.

jaybee3:

It didn't take anything to get funds for his mum Sir. So you know, the mum actually rejected the 100k as that was the last thing on her mind at the time. A caring mother would have cared less about her business considering the ernomous challenges her son faced.

I'm not sure if you've read our comment on future plan as per the balance. We will come up with options at an appropriate time then have all stakeholders ratify it.

This is not the time to be talking/thinking about money. They lost a son that no amount of money could have saved so let's try and consider how they may be feeling at this difficult period

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
pluto04:
RIP DJDola. We pray that you get eternal rest and the people left behind, the fortitude to bear the loss.

While we are on the issue of funding balance, I think the decent thing would be to return the money to the original donors or to give it to DJDola's family. Anything other than that would be diversion of funds (from the original intention of the donors) aka 'fraud'. If you are thinking of diverting the money to a new project you might as well raise fresh money for that new project. Making decisions based on the opinions of 'un-invested' Nairalanders would not cut it. It would be wrong to divert funds without the explicit consent of each the original donors who are the 'only' stakeholders as far this decision is concerned.

Be rest assured that diversion of funds is not an option being considered.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Soflex(m): 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
I'm so sad right now; rest well brother.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by tony9k: 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
pluto04:

I think the issue of returning the money to the original donors does not arise. The funds were donated to DJDola and they have become his money. Recall that the initial funds were disbursed directly to him before it was collapsed to the Tehn team. Technically the funds are his and on his passing should go to the next of kin - the mum. The suggestion that it should be used as a seed for future projects is also not right as the funds neither belong to Tehn nor the original donors.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gmcb: 3:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
RIP Djdola!!!! What a painful exit!!!!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
humans eh, i bow for una. Persin just die e never even reach one week and y'all are here discussing what to do with funds? Jeez! Smh!!!! Go and clear the account na, msteeeeew!!

*sighs*

RIP DJ! Sun re o....Hamed. cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
Rest in peace bro. sad
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by prissyluv(f): 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
RIP DJDOLA. May your soul rest in perfect peace. Amen!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
tony9k

At the present time, the family is mourning the loss of their son and the issue of monies is not the matter at hand.

You will do well to remember that a philanthropist sent some money directly to the mum to assist with her business so be rest assured the optimal decision with the unspent funds will be made.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by adeiza4u(m): 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
May God bless nairaland and the creator, may God bless TeHN and its officials, may God bless all the donors, May God comfort the family and relatives of DJDOLA, May God give us sound health in all days of our life and may God prevent this from happening to anyone of us. R.I.P DJDOLA. Lastly, let us make sure we put ourselves right before our creator so that on that Glorious day, we might appear blameless before our God. Let us be conscious of that part of us that will never die(our soul) and preserve it through the love of God(Jesus Christ) thank U all.

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by anthoniaz(f): 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
RIP DJDOLA embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Jesus Christ!!!

How? When?

Jezzz cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

May his soul rest in peace, Amen..
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
I always wonder if people know when they are about to cross over. After months of treatment.....in his last post DJ said he needed to be admitted for 4 days only ....he was like at peace and had no doubt in his mind......I even suggested that he stay for at least a week......and he passed in that same 4 days...he knew what he was saying. In death...DJ will always live in Naiaraland because of the many lessons we learned because of him.....about cancer...about vampire medical professionals ... about having us appreciate life regardless of how rich or poor or wherever we are ...and that Nigeria can be a better place if we can as in DJ's case....do the unthinkable....that impressed me the most....unite for the common good.... could've never imagine the tribalists...political enemies...religious heretics...atheists all coming together as one ...and donating ....all for DJ...an ordinary guy that we never met. His life here shall never be in vain. DJ lives. Sorry...I needed to vent.

21 Likes 11 Shares

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by luluosas(m): 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
O my God! What a loss. May God comfort his bereaved family. So sad
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
pluto04:

What is wrong, really wrong with all of you? You particularly that say you have no vested interest yet you are already interested in discussing money and how to share the deceased's property on a thread where barely 3days back was full of prayers hopes, dreams and strategies and now mourning? What is wrong with you?
Didn't you read that even when this young man was alive, the mother refused a sum that was donated particularly for her? Didn't you see that part?
A man, a breadwinner just died and we won't allow the family grieve, heck! We won't even allow "ordinary" online friends grieve and someone with no vested interest will join in and start talking about how to "share his property". What is wrong with all of you? Pleeeeeeaaase! Let's stop this. Its not helping at all.

If I must spell it out, then I will: On this thread, just say a prayer for the grieving family and wish DJ rest in eternity. Then, move on. Its not too difficult.

TeHN has severally said a time will come when his property and will will be read to the house, until then please let's keep this sharing formula only in our thoughts.

*edited* I see you have been answered fully. Sorry about my outburst but that's how I feel.

13 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by kendraloops(f): 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
I couldn't believe it when my husband woke me up with the news, i was shocked. i screamed, the thing pain me. it still hurts cos i was happy seeing his updates that he's getting better and all that. its soo painful, the guy never gave up hope for a second. From his appeal for help to his posts about his recovery. i remember where he updated that he just ate bread n eba or something like that n pple were making jest of him lovingly.

djdola, rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Next2Bezee(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
Been following your story since Day 1, May the lord keep you by his bosom DJDOLA..God bless u. RIP cry
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by begwong: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
May Djdola's soul rest in perfect peace with the Lord.May God grant us with his immediate family the fortitude to bear this loss!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
pickabeau1:

At the present time, the family is mourning the loss of their son and the issue of monies is not the matter at hand.

You will do well to remember that a philanthropist sent some money directly to the mum to assist with her business so be rest assured the optimal decision with the unspent funds will be made.

l don't know why money, money, and money keeps re-echoing here, somebody passed on few days ago, the family, friends and loved ones are still grieving and here some peeps are talking about money, what is money to the value of a human ............abeg make una chill about this money issue........thanks to TeHn, Rip Dj and my condolence to his family............

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
shinejackie:

l don't know why money, money, and money keeps re-echoing here, somebody passed on few days ago, the family, friends and loved ones are still grieving and here some peeps are talking about money, what is money to the value of a human ............abeg make una chill about this money issue........thanks to TeHn, Rip Dj and my condolence to his family............

I am flummoxed myself
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ennyhollar1(f): 8:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
kullu nafsin zaaiqutul mawt,,,, every soul shall taste death.... Allah knows best
R.I.P dear

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pluto04(m): 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
I wanted to draw a line in the sand and I have. I could see that you have problems with my opinion. Read the rest of the thread and you'll see why. I won't be able to help you beyond that. Sorry.

Regarding the rest of your rant, It doesn't do you any justice and does indicate some limitations in your social intelligence. As you can guess, they have been ignored. You will get more responses when you enroll in Jaybee's school of communication.

Gboliwe:

What is wrong, really wrong with all of you? You particularly that say you have no vested interest yet you are already interested in discussing money on a thread where barely 3days back was full of prayers hopes and dreams and strategies and now mourning? What is wrong with you?
Didn't you read that even when this young man was alive, the mother refused a sum that was donated particularly for her? Didn't you see that part?
A man, a breadwinner just died and we won't allow the family grieve, heck! We won't allow "ordinary" online friends grieve and someone with no vested interest will join in and start talking about how to "share his property". What is wrong with all of you? Pleeeeeeaaase! Let's stop this. Its not helping at all.

If I must spell it out, then I will: On this thread, just say a prayer for the grieving family and wish DJ rest in eternity. Then, move on. Its not too difficult.

TeHN has severally said a time will come when his property and will will be read to the house, until then please let's keep this sharing formula only in our thoughts.

*edited* I see you have been answered fully. Sorry about my outburst but that's how I feel.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by VickyRotex(f): 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2015
I dont know him. This is my 1st time reading about him, both his ailment and passing on... May your soul continue to rest in Peace DJDOJA.... May God comfort the family and the entire Nairalanders!!! It saddens my heart, even though I dint know you...But knowing a fighter is gone weakens my spirit. God knows best...
'Thanks to the entire Nairaland family, Other helpers and TEHN.
Please dont stop praying for the family...

#Sun re ooo
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by sylve11: 9:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
journey well bro. sad cool
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ishilove: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2015
Idowuogbo:
humans eh, i bow for una. Persin just die e never even reach one week and y'all are here discussing what to do with funds? Jeez! Smh!!!! Go and clear the account na, msteeeeew!!

*sighs*

RIP DJ! Sun re o....Hamed. cry
Idowu, I didn't want to laugh but you have made me chuckle loudly.

*sighs* sad
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Breeze5000: 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
May Godbless every single one of you for your Love and care towards a person you don't truly know and may God console his family. Amen!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ishilove:

Idowu, I didn't want to laugh but you have made me chuckle loudly.

*sighs* sad
Babe, I swear these lots are so annoying.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ubiero(f): 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ooohhh! DJ, Rest in peace.

Such a painful exit but we know it's cos u've gone to a better place.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Dapresident(m): 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
RIP
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
Wow!!! RIP Hamed, I pray that you find peace and your loved ones find His comfort.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by wunderkiind(m): 12:54am On Feb 16, 2015
fpeter:
I've been thinking about DJ lately and wondering how he was fairing, I am shocked to read this today. I also thank God I had the opportunity to give my widow's mite.
Never let an opportunity to help someone pass you by, you may never have the same opportunity to show love when the individual is dead. RIP DJ
let us seize this opportunity to reflect on our lives, death can come knocking at any time but the question is are you ready to meet your creator? Eternity is real my friends and there is no repentance in the grave.
The heart of it all.. Well said!

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 16, 2015
2 SAMUEL 14:14 NIV

RIP

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (168)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.