Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True (40739 Views)

5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop / Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? / Igbos That Cannot Speak Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by oliidell(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
chrisviral:

Slow down, Infact Halt, she is already Taken.. Eehya tongue

Lmao.

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
who told you that you are the most educated tribe in naija? I respect yorubas and have them as friends too, but am always careful with them, cos always buy ontop ur head.
they are, cuz they Brought education to Nigeria, abd the best university in Nigeria is even in the West (oau).. Don't get me wrong, igbos too are very educated and might even surpass the yorubas in terms of education. .. bt for now, it's the yorubas.... The igbos are better in creativity and entrepreneurship.. I'm not supporting one against the other or being tribalistic... . We need each other #

3 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
UGLYS:

Keep deceiving yourself. You made an inflammatory statement, you got served and you are claiming you were tryna prove a point. The word "Many" is offensive and highly dubious.

Next time, know your intentions before posting. And retain the 60% of your igbo friends, they will be handy throughout your lifespan on this beautiful earth.

Hi Ugly Betty, caracta doesn't get served.

Engage me in a reasonable conversation when you get your brain from where you kept it. Till then...toddlescheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by UGLYS: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
oliidell:

Yw...60% wao! U sure live up to your moniker..lol. Yes u are absolutely right. The change is about us. We always put tribe and religion before reason. Nigerians are actually good people but the division on so many lines is hindering our collective progress as a Nation. One thing iv discovered by association is that we are basically the same (talking of the average Nigerian). I have friends from evry part of the country and we relate very well despite our ethnic and religious differences. Formal Education and exposure should equip us to let go of whatever happened in the past and learn to accept each other as man and woman first before colour, race, religion and other distractions set in.

Caracta, u r very reasonable and u r not afraid to speak ur mind. Invaluable traits.

Quit patronizing her bro, she erred in her first post, though she is entitled to her opinion which I believe if spoken constructively won't arouse bitter reactions

5 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by chrisviral(m): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

Thank you.

*blushes in different shades and colours*

Some ancient culture in 19something, would consider this cheating grin cheesy!
But why woman too like to dey blush? grin

Caracta:

Lol. Gerrout jor. tongue

grin cheesy
Ok!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Noneroone(m): 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
adusim:

This is not entirely false. Many people from Anambra are uneducated, illiterate traders who have no desire for education or acquiring knowledge, a rather disgraceful state of play.
The op didnt say all Igbos are educated. Every society has 'many' uneducated pple.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by GodMode: 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

It's really unnecessary just as I pointed out. When people say good or bad things about me or my tribe...they must definitely have a reason. I try to find out the reason and also find a way to get better. That's how life should be rather than judge and crucify them. Everybody cannot like you or your tribe or your religion or your social values. We are where we are today because we place priorities on petty and irrelevant things.

Your life is petty and irrelevant cos everything is petty and irrelevant..

If someone didn't play with petty and irrelevant things the advancement you see in the 21st century wouldn't have happened..

2 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
UGLYS:

Quit patronizing her bro, she erred in her first post, though she is entitled to her opinion which I believe if spoken constructively won't arouse bitter reactions

Constructively? Hmmmm. Good one.

Do you mind helping out since you were a part of my experience?

If I am entitled to my opinion, why are you pained? Did you see me call you names over your own comment?...that's because you are entitled to it. Common sense!

Now stop interrupting my blushing session!

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by UGLYS: 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

Hi Ugly Betty, caracta doesn't get served.

Engage me in a reasonable conversation when you get your brain from where you kept it. Till then...toddlescheesy

Thank you for your willingness to engage in a reasonable conversation.

What informed your decision to conclude that "Many are tribalistic" then annoying?
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
GodMode:

Your life is petty and irrelevant cos everything is petty and irrelevant..

If someone didn't play with petty and irrelevant things the advancement you see in the 21st century wouldn't have happened..

cheesy

That explains why you are paying attention on me. Petty.

Petty! You place your priority and attention on me because I'm petty. You just sealed my point! Whoops!

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Bifwoli: 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
Igbos are mostly fat and their women always have quick temper.(just my observation)

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sammyblake:
they are, cuz they Brought education to Nigeria, abd the best university in Nigeria is even in the West (oau).. Don't get me wrong, igbos too are very educated and might even surpass the yorubas in terms of education. .. bt for now, it's the yorubas.... The igbos are better in creativity and entrepreneurship.. I'm not supporting one against the other or being tribalistic... . We need each other #
Any statistic to prove your point about education? I have friends from yoruba but also careful with them, I also believe they are careful with me too.

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Dani4tech(m): 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Gbam!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Ezevajina: 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
They invented smuggling drugs by swallowing drug pellets and hiding packets of drugs inside their rectums grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by oliidell(m): 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
UGLYS:

First, I wasn't patronizing her. 'Patronize' is a negative word. As for her first post, u have to read my first reply. I realy like her reaction to my reply, It gave me an insight into her motive for the initial post. Chill bro it's d same 'ol caracta
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by steppin: 9:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Smh. Modafuckers! They always claim they have 60% or 90% of Igbo friends. Wash wash!
Who's fooling who?

7 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Any statistic to prove your point about education? I have friend from yoruba but also careful with them, I also belive thay are care with me too.
it's obvious sir....
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by GodMode: 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

cheesy

That explains why you are paying attention on me. Petty.

Petty! You place your priority and attention on me because I'm petty. You just sealed my point! Whoops!

You have mental issues...

4 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by seyigiggle: 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
statistics over the years has proven that we are ahead of your people educationally, just ask waec,jamb etc not that retrogressive opon imo that made oshun shildren took 24th position in waec, Imagine people that star

ted allover in 1970 after the so called uncivil war are ahead of you, Imagine a yorlluba man or woman saying that Igbos are dirty? shaking my head for you.
Truth is bitter. besides, I don't need you to agree with me. moreover I remember helping one of your brother to write his name. are you surprise? I am too. ability to speak pidgin English does not guarantee that the person passed through the 4 walls

2 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sammyblake:
it's obvious sir....
I get am before no be property, before the war we are ahead of all the ethinic group educationally, after the war it you took over but we have overtaken you with hundereds of miles. Just google jamb and waec result in the last 20 years then come back to me.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
UGLYS:

Thank you for your willingness to engage in a reasonable conversation.

What informed your decision to conclude that "Many are tribalistic" then annoying?

Medicine after death.

Like I said, personal experiences...many, not few. It happened today sef, I lost out because I wasn't recognized as 'our sister'. The man didn't even mince words when he told me I wasn't igbo...he thought I was one initially probably because of my friends. Even on NL...oh the pure undiluted hate.

Annoying because, it's totally unnecessary and un-called for. Luther said don't judge people by the colour of their skin, I say we shouldn't judge people by their roots.

Nuff said.

I'm sleepy. You guys have bored me to sleep sad

Now that's annoying. tongue

3 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
GodMode:

You have mental issues...

Yeah...posh mental issues. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by UGLYS: 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
oliidell:

First, I wasn't patronizing her. 'Patronize' is a negative word. As for her first post, u have to read my first reply. I realy like her reaction to my reply, It gave me an insight into her motive for the initial post. Chill bro it's d same 'ol caracta

It took a 2nd post for you to comprehend her. What can I say?
Buh she be real caracta
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by niggadee(m): 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
Big fat lie
kslay28:
YORUBA'S are the most triabalistic human beings on planet earth. In 2013 i was employed in a multinational company at Ikeja by a South African expatriate. Due to my academic background, I wyas placed on the rank of a PM (Process Manager). i was the only Igbo in the mist of over 11 Yoruba people on the rank of a PM. I lost the job immediately the South African was transferred to Ibadan. My only 'interpreter' a yoruba IT student kept telling me the nasty things they were discussing about me. The Yoruba's really frustrated my life then ehnn.. even when i tried to be loyal and humble as a dove, they made sure i was kicked out and replaced by another Yoruba. But i hold no grudge against any ethnic group or human in Nigeria.

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
seyigiggle:
Truth is bitter. besides, I don't need you to agree with me. moreover I remember helping one of your brother to write his name. are you surprise? I am too. ability to speak pidgin English does not guarantee that the person passed through the 4 walls
Lol u assisted one person to write his name abi and you are generalising? Do you know how many of your people that I have assisted? Grow up and be a man biko.

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
I get am before no be property, before the war we are ahead of all the ethinic group educationally, after the war it you took over but we have overtaken you with hundereds of miles. Just google jamb and waec result in the last 20 years then come back to me.
lol i don't have the strength to argue sir. ... Obviously you're being biarse.... Is it only waec and jamb statistics that can be used to judge the educational strength of both ethnic groups? And how many of them use their head pass? grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by iiiyyyk(m): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
@ op, u are igbos number one problems,
leave igbis alone.

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by ProfDumbledor(m): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
gratiaeo:

You speak like lazy man
But it's true. I'm Igbo, mind u.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
sthecy:
proudlY IGBO,Proudly 4rm OWERRi
Exactly.Where its happening wink. Even flavour no gree rest
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

The ones on Nairaland are also Nigerians out there. Just see the piles of hate showered on my post already. Just as expected.

Na real wa.

*grabs popcorn*
That must be because u're very quarrelsome. Sotey u dey grab popcorn shocked
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by GodMode: 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

Yeah...posh mental issues. cheesy

Keep living in denial... For now, your issues are beyond your reasoning. They are not just mental... you'll need to relax or else you'll have a seizure...
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
Igbo ndi oma muru m. Ndi oma m ji eme onu. Chi kere eluigwe n'ala lekwa m. Iheoma tiere onye obula egwu. Ka chi jiri eji fotere anyi iheoma. Anyi gana eje eje na abata abata. Onye sina anyi ga-adi ga-adikwa. Onye sikwanu na anyi agaghi adi; ya buru okuko uzo lakpuo ura. Makana o biara be m abiagbula m, o lawakwa ka mkpukpu hapu ikwa ya. Ndu mmiri; ndu azu bu ekpere anyi.
Onye sina anyi amaghi eme, Ya cheta na I no-aru m otu mkpuru aka, ano ndi ozo ana aru gi. Makana dibia na-agwo otolo, ike ya adighi n'elu. Onweghi ebe egburu aja, ngwere anoghi.
Nani ire oma ka ejula ji aga n'ogwu. dalunu!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ahmed Dahiru Zungeru Is Dead (Seriki Hausa Of Ibadanland) / Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.