Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,234 members, 7,849,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:49 AM

.......... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .......... (10952 Views)

7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) / Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan / Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .......... by unlimitedbosco: 7:22am On Nov 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

And whose Job, it is to arrest and prosecute him brownfool?
does lagos state government have the power to prosecute him?
Re: .......... by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 14, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
Please can you provide a link to the report of this indictment. I will be glad to see it. I do not mean hearsay but a report of a panel, committee,etc.
Shortly after she was removed as minister, Obasanjo relieved her as chairman of his economic think tank.

But in a chat with Pointblanknews.com in Abuja, former presidential candidate for the Peoples Mandate Party (PMP), Dr Batos Nwadike insisted Obasanjo fired Okonjo- Iweala because of the debt buy back deal. He said further that even though the deal appeared legitimate, there were some moral questions that cast doubt on the intentions of the former minister .

According him, even though Obasanjo saw her as the one with the magic wand, the former President was upset when he discovered went happened in the back room.http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os5512.html
First, Iwaela did not resign from the Cabinet and the Economic Think-tank, She was fired!
Secondly, Obasanjo is not interested in "Committee" and Panel to look into allegations/indictment that bothers on fraud/corruption against cabinet members or big officials if he wants to act, he let you go- Eg Tafa Balogun, SP Wabara, Fabian Osuji and few others including Atiku Abubakar(He couldn't sack him but demanded for his Impeachment in 2007 though unsuccessful). Dude, Oby Ezeks was fully part of the Cabinet and the Think tank, she's alive.Same with Obasanjo, elRufai and Nanadi Usman- who was the Finance Minister of State and elevated to the Finance Minister. I know you will argue though.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 14, 2014
Aloralord1:

U don't get it? Its bad precedence; it encourages corruption! Don't care abt Clinton!
Now you know what those guys stand for. They don't care whether Nigeria collapse

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
Now you know what those guys stand for. They don't care whether Nigeria collapse
My brother, its ludicrous to see statements like that from datolee. Such a brilliant guy selling an unsellable product.. Didn't GEJ promise zero tolerance to corruption?

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
How many High Profile conviction from members of his Cabinet and party? At least Obasanjo showed it(though selectively).
He fired the Minister of Finance, Okonjo Iwaela in 2006 based on an indictment, and removed her from the Economic Team

He fired a Minister of Education Fabian Osuji based on indictment and instituted his prosecution.

He fired an incumbent Inspector General, prosecuted him and secured his conviction.

He Prosecuted 5 Senators that were associated to Osuji's case, including the Senate President Wabara, who was impeached.

Gov Alams pleaded guilty and was convicted plus many other cases,

Please how many have we witnessed under GEJ?

Why do you keep misleading the masses? NOI was redeployed from ministry of finance to ministry of foreign affairs. OBJ appointed Esther Nenadi Usman as the new minister of finance and new head of economic team. NOI resigned as a result, he was never fired nor indicted by any panel

http://www.segundawodu.com/aluko140.htm

10 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 14, 2014
datolee:

Why do you keep misleading the masses? NOI was redeployed from ministry of finance to ministry of foreign affairs. OBJ appointed Esther Nenadi Usman as the new minister of finance and new head of economic team. NOI resigned as a result, he was never fired nor indicted by any panel

http://www.segundawodu.com/aluko140.htm

Bros when she was redeployed to Foreign Affairs she maintained her position as Head of the Economic Team aka Think Tank. But Obasanjo later relieved her of her role in the Think Tank and later Foreign Affairs. Okonjo Iwaela performed her function in the Foreign Ministry before her relief.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2014
Aloralord1:

My brother, its ludicrous to see statements like that from datolee. Such a brilliant guy selling an unsellable product.. Didn't GEJ promise zero tolerance to corruption?

I do not support the pardoning but to say that that is encouraging corruption is not kind.. what is encouraging corruption is Lucky Igbidedion being fined N3.5 million after being convicted of corruption or the recent pension thieves... Alams served his time (though very short) waited for 7 years to get a pardon.

2 Likes

Re: .......... by Sibabasibaba1: 7:52am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
First, Iwaela did not resign from the Cabinet and the Economic Think-tank, She was fired!
Secondly, Obasanjo is not interested in "Committee" and Panel to look into allegations/indictment that bothers on fraud/corruption against cabinet members or big officials if he wants to act, he let you go- Eg Tafa Balogun, SP Wabara, Fabian Osuji and few others including Atiku Abubakar(He couldn't sack him but demanded for his Impeachment in 2007 though unsuccessful). Dude, Oby Ezeks was fully part of the Cabinet and the Think tank, she's alive.Same with Obasanjo, elRufai and Nanadi Usman- who was the Finance Minister of State and elevated to the Finance Minister. I know you will argue though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is good to keep mute when you don't have anything to say. So, presidential candidate for the Peoples Mandate Party (PMP), Dr Batos Nwadike, is the body that indicted Okonjo Iweala? Is it not ridiculous that you now see Pointblank News as a bastion of truth? Will you also believe any of their report that casts Buhari in a bad light? You mentioned Balogun, Osuji and Wabara, I hope you know they have one thing in common: They were formally charged. While Balogun opted for a plea bargain, Osuji and Wabara pursued their cases to conclusion (or are still in court). So why was the 'indicted' Okonjo Iweala not prosecuted. Sometimes, you guys bandy words you seem not to understand their meanings and usage. Indict means 'formally accuse of or charge with a crime'. Its synonyms include: arraign, censure, charge, impeach, incriminate and prosecute. So, you see, okonjo Iweala was NEVER indicted. She resigned honorably and Obasanjo still has high regards for her. You don't sit behind your laptop and accuse people falsely just because you want to win an argument. Arguments are won with facts and not fiction.

If you had situated your point on this within the context of rumour, it would have been understandable.

Cheers

7 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
Bros when she was redeployed to Foreign Affairs she maintained her position as Head of the Economic Team aka Think Tank. But Obasanjo later relieved her of her role in the Think Tank and later Foreign Affairs. Okonjo Iwaela performed her function in the Foreign Ministry before her relief.

You do not know anything, NOI was redeployed to ministry of foreign affairs and still retained the headship of the economic team, however when she was in London negotiating another debt relief for Nigeria, she was removed as the head... she resigned as soon as she got back. She accepted the redeployment to the ministry of foreigner affairs on the bases that she will be retained as the head of the economic team. She served for foreign affairs minister for a period of less than 2 months.

She was not fired, she resigned.

6 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2014
datolee:

You do not know anything, NOI was redeployed to ministry of foreign affairs and still retained the headship of the economic team, however when she was in London negotiating another debt relief for Nigeria, she was removed as the head... she resigned as soon as she got back. She accepted the redeployment to the ministry of foreigner affairs on the bases that she will be retained as the head of the economic team. She served for foreign affairs minister for a period of less than 2 months.

She was not fired, she resigned.
She was Fired and not resignation. Obasanjo removed her first as Finance Minister to Foreign Affairs, and later Removed her as Chairman of the Economic Team. You want to make people believe that "That was an agreement for retaining NOI as Chair of the Tink tank", lol, which agreement? Bros, no such agreement existed anywhere. President Obasanjo removed her. If something wasn't in the offing baba would never have touched her in Finance Ministry and later Economic Team.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
She was Fired and not resignation. Obasanjo removed her first as Finance Minister to Foreign Affairs, and later Removed her as Chairman of the Economic Team. You want to make people believe that "That was an agreement for retaining NOI as Chair of the Tink tank", lol, which agreement? Bros, no such agreement existed anywhere. President Obasanjo removed her. If something wasn't in the offing baba would never have touched her in Finance Ministry and later Economic Team.

Question for you, why would Obasanjo redeploy her to the ministry of foreign affairs only to sack her with 44 days?

So, she was corrupt, instead of sacking her as minister of finance, OBJ had to send her to foreign affairs ministry and sack her in 44 days.. does this make sense to you?

It was at the same of re-shuffle of the government that Oby Ezekwesili was redeployed from mines and solid mineral to education.. was it also because she was corrupt?

You still have not shown any link to the fact that she was sacked. I have given you her resignation letter.

7 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2014
datolee:

Question for you, why would Obasanjo redeploy her to the ministry of foreign affairs only to sack her with 44 days?

So, she was corrupt, instead of sacking her as minister of finance, OBJ had to send her to foreign affairs ministry and sack her in 44 days.. does this make sense to you?

It was at the same of re-shuffle of the government that Oby Ezekwesili was redeployed from mines and solid mineral to education.. was it also because she was corrupt?

You still have not shown any link to the fact that she was sacked. I have given you her resignation letter.
Bros, Oby Ezekwesilli combined both Mines and Education. She was the one that was assigned to Oversee the Mines Ministry despite her redeployment.

I am not accusing NOI of Corruption, don't misquote me. I only quoted from a source on her alleged removal from Office as Finance Minister and the Head of Economic Team. I see it that it bothers on conflict of interest where one of her relative benefited from a deal or so(though it never said it was illegal) according to that source.

As regards fire/resignation, one thing these BIG MEN and Politicians does is to give SOFT LANDING to some Highly Placed Individuals. Even Stella Oduah was said to have resigned her position and not fired by the President. The question to ask is was it a Voluntary Resignation or a Resignation out of "Necessity"? I only cited her in my write-up to drive home a point. In advanced countries, Officials step down just to face trial so as to save their honor and the position they occupy.
He fired the Minister of Finance, Okonjo Iwaela in 2006 based on an indictment, and removed her from the Economic Team
Removing her first as Finance Minister send signal. Then removing her as Head Economic Team calls for more indepth thinking. NOI only "left" after her sack from Finance Ministry and as Head Economic Team in August 2006. see her resignation letter http://www.dawodu.com/okonjo5.htm

Recall that Jonathan fired then Attorney General, Michael Aondoaaka by moving him to Ministry of Special Duties in 2010. These thing is not uncommon in government.

PS: I used to be a fan of NOI until January 1st, 2012
Re: .......... by brownlord: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

It is now clear, you are just a stark illiterate! Ewu Brownfool

Says a Nairaland resident idiat, a confused gender animal, olodo,

1 Like

Re: .......... by Sibabasibaba1: 8:45am On Nov 14, 2014
[quote author=barcanista post=27999895]Bros, Oby Ezekwesilli combined both Mines and Education. She was the one that was assigned to Oversee the Mines Ministry despite her redeployment.

I am not accusing NOI of Corruption, don't misquote me. I only quoted from a source on her alleged removal from Office as Finance Minister and the Head of Economic Team. I see it that it bothers on conflict of interest where one of her relative benefited from a deal or so(though it never said it was illegal) according to that source.

As regards fire/resignation, one thing these BIG MEN and Politicians does is to give SOFT LANDING to some Highly Placed Individuals. Even Stella Oduah was said to have resigned her position and not fired by the President. The question to ask is was it a Voluntary Resignation or a Resignation out of "Necessity"? I only cited her in my write-up to drive home a point. In advanced countries, Officials step down just to face trial so as to save their honor and the position they occupy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting! You have changed from an emphatic indicted to "alleged removal".

Ezekwesiri did not oversee education. She was a substantive minister of education. When she left Solid Minerals Ministry, she was replaced with the Professor Leslie Obiora who later resigned in 2007 after she was redeployed in the Special Duties Ministry.

Maybe Obiora was also sacked since in your books everybody who resigns has been sacked.

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
Interesting! [s]You have changed from an emphatic indicted to "alleged removal"[/s].

Ezekwesiri did not oversea education. She was a substantive minister of education. When she left Solid Minerals Ministry, she was replaced with the Professor Leslie Obiora who later resigned in 2007 after she was redeployed in the Special Duties Ministry.

Maybe Obiora was also sacked since in your books everybody who resigns has been sacked.
She oversaw the Solid Mineral Ministry before the appointment of Obiora even as Education Minister. Her own case was purely different and commendable

My stance on Okonjo Iwaela as regards to what transpired, actions and inactions of President Obasanjo, her removal from Finance Ministry and as Head Economic Team remains unchanged. It is only a blind fellow that did not read the Message in Aaondoakaa's sack from Justice Ministry
Re: .......... by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
She oversaw the Solid Mineral Ministry before the appointment of Obiora even as Education Minister. Her own case was purely different and commendable

My stance on Okonjo Iwaela as regards to what transpired, actions and inactions of President Obasanjo, her removal from Finance Ministry and as Head Economic Team remains unchanged. It is only a blind fellow that did not read the Message in Aaondoakaa's sack from Justice Ministry

I ask you again, so If NOI was indicted of corruption, the best OBJ could have done was to redeploy her to the ministry of foreign affairs only to sack her within 44 days?

Why would OBJ give her soft-landing when he sacked Osuji the previous year?

NOI was indicted under OBJ that saint El-rufai in his book mentioned that OBJ had proposed Buhari / NOI presidential ticket in 2011

Of all sources online and everywhere, only one person is saying that NOI was indicted of corruption and the man wasn't a member of the cabinet nor law enforcement agency.

4 Likes

Re: .......... by Sibabasibaba1: 9:12am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you saying what happened or you are saying what you think? Your argument is simply untenable. You said she was indicted. When challenged you brought a hearsay link. Now you are talking of Aaondooaka. Please, apples to apples. Aaondooka never resigned. He was removed. Okonjo resigned. You have not made any point regarding "what transpired, actions and inactions of President Obasanjo, her removal from Finance Ministry and as Head Economic Team" apart from hearsay. When you bring facts, you will be taken serious.

3 Likes

Re: .......... by OLADD: 9:42am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
HOW JONATHAN HANDLES CORRUPTION

1. Pardoned exConvict and Felon Alamesigha

2. Shielded Stella Odua Only to tell her "Go In Peace" despite the N2N55 million indictment on the two Bullet proof cars

3. No Conviction has been secured against any former Official. In Fact, Daniel, Akala, Bankole, Tafida etc are given clean bill of health.

4. Corruption case that was instituted by Yar Adua was withdrawn against Fani Kayode

5. Corruption Case that was instituted by Obasanjo was withdrawn against Muhammed Abacha

6. Farouk Lawan is still smiling in the green chamber, despite the clear evidence of bribery. The Subsidy indicted people are smiling daily

7. exConvict Bode George who was prosecuted by Yaradua got a "miraculous" clean bill of health under this administration

8. Diezani Maduekwe is running from court to court just to evade questioning from House of Reps on allegation bordering on corruption

The EFCC and ICPC under this administration is neither a biting nor a barking dog.
[color=#006600][/color]

Here he goes again. Barcanista, a man so passionate in dishing out lies and half truthsl to the world. May the good God forgive you.

1. Yes, Alarms was pardoned and so was Ojukwu pardoned by OBJ despite millions of Nigerians dying in his hands.
2. When have you suddenly turned yourself to a law court where people are condemned without trial? Did GEJ prevent any court case instituted by you or Lai Mohammed, your mentor against Stella?
3. You can turn yourself to a judge and advocate by jailing those officials with out court verdict. I am sure you assume Jonathan is now the Chief Judge of Nigeria.
4, Barcanista, why is your life like this? Can you tell Nigerians when the case against Fani Kayode was withdrawn and under what circumstance. Well, the case against FFK is still subsisting.
5 Why can't you tell Nigerians the reasons adduced by FG for dropping the case against Abacha's son? Do you want repatriation of the stolen fund to be stalled because uneccessary litigation?
6 Barcanista, you are a disgrace. Why can't' you direct your venom to Tambuwwal under whose reign Farouk commited the crime. Will Jonathan coerce the court to speedup his trial and conviction? Has the FG not done its part by dragging Farouk to court for prosecution?
7 The case against Bode George was pursued up to the Supreme Court where the man was duly discharged and acquitted after he was adjudged to have been unjustly convicted by lower courts. Was it Jonathan that forced the Supreme court judges to pass their verdicts? Barcanista, fear your conscience and God.
8 Ask Tambuwwal and the opposition to step up their pursuit of the case and stop playing judge and advocate. If the House is so sure of their allegations, let them institute another case to vacate any judgement passed in favour of Stella, or else they should keep shut until the end of this universe.

And finally, if you have any evidence that alludes to the fact that Jonathan prevents EFCC or ICPC from prosecuting corrupt officials, pls avail us such. In the absence of that please shut your mouth again and stop bringing down. fellow Nigerians with media propaganda and Satanic accusations. Period.

4 Likes

Re: .......... by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:56am On Nov 14, 2014
Is it that your party is tired of marketing their candidates now that you now have to compare individuals from same party? Implicitly, you are saying that PDP isn't bad after all? If they have solid programs, let them continue then....
Re: .......... by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 14, 2014
Whynotthetruth:
Is it that your party is tired of marketing their candidates now that you now have to compare individuals from same party? Implicitly, you are saying that PDP isn't bad after all? If they have solid programs, let them continue then....
We can't compare Jonathan and Buhari because the latter is light years ahead of him. Comparing Jonathan to Obasanjo means comparing a Failed Government(Obj) with a Very Woeful one(Jonathan).
Re: .......... by Olaolufred(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
Wonder why all the alleged corrupt officials are united in the promotion of Goodluck2015 Project?

DARKNESS WILL ALWAYS GANG UP AGAINST LIGHT.

BUT THEY WILL FAIL THIS TIME.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 14, 2014
Bolded is one of the things that GEJ did right.

Abacha did not loot the evidence it clear.
Ask why despite 8 good years in power thief Obasanjo failed to bring Mohamed Abacha to trial? because he knew he had no case against him.
barcanista:
HOW JONATHAN HANDLES CORRUPTION

1. Pardoned exConvict and Felon Alamesigha

2. Shielded Stella Odua Only to tell her "Go In Peace" despite the N255 million indictment on the two Bullet proof cars

3. No Conviction has been secured against any former Official. In Fact, Daniel, Akala, Bankole, Tafida etc are given clean bill of health.

4. Corruption case that was instituted by Yar Adua was withdrawn against Fani Kayode

5. Corruption Case that was instituted by Obasanjo was withdrawn against Muhammed Abacha

6. Farouk Lawan is still smiling in the green chamber, despite the clear evidence of bribery. The Subsidy indicted people are smiling daily

7. exConvict Bode George who was prosecuted by Yaradua got a "miraculous" clean bill of health under this administration

8. Diezani Maduekwe is running from court to court just to evade questioning from House of Reps on allegation bordering on corruption

The EFCC and ICPC under this administration is neither a biting nor a barking dog.

1 Like

Re: .......... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:01am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
We can't compare Jonathan and Buhari because the latter is light years ahead of him. Comparing Jonathan to Obasanjo means comparing a Failed Government(Obj) with a Very Woeful one(Jonathan).

Lolz... that's very thoughtful of you guys...I wouldn't want us to go back to the argument where@datolee whitewashed you and your Saint Buhari and let the world see the truth about his administration. But in your conscience, do you really believe in this buhari guy with all his irresponsible comments on national discuss? How do you sleep at night after dishing out lies and maligning personalities for personal aggrandizement?

Further more, if Obj ran a FAILED GOVERNMENT as you said...do you think you will be accessing the internet easily now running all these lies, hatred and propaganda?
If GEJ is running a WOEFUL GOVERNMENT according to you...don't you think you would have be sacrificed to your village deity for spreading such falsehood and maligning his name and administration unjustly in the name of enjoying the freedom of expression under democracy?

3 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 14, 2014
Olaolufred:

DARKNESS WILL ALWAYS GANG UP AGAINST LIGHT.

BUT THEY WILL FAIL THIS TIME.
Amen and Amen
Re: .......... by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 14, 2014
Why compare like with like?

Thief Obasanjo in my opinion has done far more harm than GEJ.

If you wanted to do a comparision you should have chosen Abacha versus GEJ or better still Buhari vs GEJ

barcanista:
HOW PRESIDENT OBASANJO HANDLED CORRUPTION

1. Senate President Adolphus Wabara along was Indicted and Impeached by his colleagues for allegedly partaking in 50 million Naira Bribe from the Education Minister Professor Fabian Osuji.The Education Minister Fabian Osuji was dismissed by President Olusegun Obasanjo. Wabara, Fabian Osuji along with Senators Abdulazeez Ibrahim, Emmanuel Okpede, Badamasi Maccido and Chris Adighije were fingered in the scandal. All six were handed to ICPC for trial. Prosecution was ongoing till the end of the tenure

2. Inspector-General of Police, Mr Tafa Balogun was fired by the President when he was indicted by the EFCC for corruption to the tune of 13 billion. The Government through the EFCC went ahead to prosecute him, having him give up some properties worth 13 billion and secured a six(6) month conviction against him.

3. Governor Deprieye of Bayelsa was arrested in London in 2005 for money laundering. The Government ensured that he was impeached on his escape from jail, and he was prosecuted for looting Bayelsa. He pleaded guilty, gave up some of his properties and was convicted for two years.

4. Vice President Atiku Abubakar was indicted by the EFCC on allegation that borders on mismanagement and gross misconduct as Chairman of PTDF.

Under Obj, the fear of EFCC and ICPC was the begining of "SAY NO TO CORRUPTION"
Re: .......... by jamace(m): 11:30am On Nov 14, 2014
Obj coerced a governor to be giving bribe every month to political godfather. Who says obj is a saint?
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-was-forced-to-pay-a-godfather-n10m-monthly-as-anambra-governor-mbadinuju/

1 Like

Re: .......... by jamace(m): 11:37am On Nov 14, 2014
Who says obj fought corruption? grin LWKMD grin. Please be informed that obj enriched himself to stupendous wealth:
https://www.nairaland.com/1580013/derivation-deprivation-ii-ill-gotten-wealth

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Barcanista its better we let this thread die a natural death, because I can never allow anybody to give Thief Obasanjo any credit he does not deserve angry

2 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
GenBuhari:
Barcanista its better we let this thread die a natural death, because I can never allow anybody to give Thief Obasanjo any credit he does not deserve angry
Bros, You are missing it. I and other progressives are not saying Obj was a good guy, but he made some decisions worthy of note. He secured the conviction of prominent men within his party and even a Governor. This Administration would rather have a Tea Party with them.
Re: .......... by miiraaj: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2014
GenBuhari:

barcanista:

GenBuhari, with due respect, I will advice you to desist from absolving late Gen Abacha of corruption.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
General Sani Abacha absolutely was not corrupt.

You only have to look at the corruption and honesty record of all those that are accusing him and you should be able to reach the same conclusion. If his excellent economic record has not convinced you of his innocence.
miiraaj:

GenBuhari, with due respect, I will advice you to desist from absolving late Gen Abacha of corruption.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
To be honest my view of Obasanjo is such that if he says somebody is corrupt it is very probable that the person is not corrupt and I would have to double check the person's record myself.
The man is a pure criminal and all non-criminals are automatically is enemy.
barcanista:
Bros, You are missing it. I and other progressives are not saying Obj was a good guy, but he made some decisions worthy of note. He secured the conviction of prominent men within his party and even a Governor. This Administration would rather have a Tea Party with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masari, Daura Emir Pay Sallah Homage To Buhari (Photos) / PDP: Obasa Should Submit Himself To EFCC Over Corrupt Allegations / Governor Uzodimma Dissolves Expanded Exco Of SA's And SSA's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.