Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

stiff gear, jstConfused right now - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / stiff gear, jstConfused right now (2612 Views)

Slightly Stiff Gear / Very Stiff EOD Steering Problems / Honda Accord With Stiff Steering Any Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

stiff gear, jstConfused right now by Emulti(m): 4:58am On Nov 14, 2014
car guru's in d house I need ur advice pls. my CRV developed fault I gave it to mechanic. he changed d clutch plate nd disc after which selection of gears especially gear 1 is very hard. he told me to change gear oil which I did bt d problem persists, pls I need ur advice on what to do next. Thanks to u all.
Re: stiff gear, jstConfused right now by AutosBay(m): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2014
Might be your filter or you could just put in Lucas transmission treatment or any other authorized transmission fluid you might Google major sellers online.
Re: stiff gear, jstConfused right now by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Emulti:
car guru's in d house I need ur advice pls. my CRV developed fault I gave it to mechanic. he changed d clutch plate nd disc after which selection of gears especially gear 1 is very hard. he told me to change gear oil which I did bt d problem persists, pls I need ur advice on what to do next. Thanks to u all.

you should have gave us more infor on which year is the car

what was the problem before you took it to the mechanic ?

it looks like the problem might be in the gear selection rod or cable
Re: stiff gear, jstConfused right now by Emulti(m): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

you should have gave us more infor on which year is the car

what was the problem before you took it to the mechanic ?

it looks like the problem might be in the gear selection rod or cable

honda CRV 1999 MODEL(manual drive ). D day before, d CAR got stuck in one of the bad roads here, after much firing it came out. though d clutch was low bt I was able to drive it home. the nxt day, a friend came nd took it for a wedding nd called some minutes later to inform me dat d car has refused to move nd dat they ve taken it to nearby mechanic. on meeting d mechanic he told me dat d clutch plate plate is burnt. to cut d story short, he changed d clutch plate nd clutch disc nd it started working. But changing gear especially gear 1 is very stiff, I complained to d mechanic who advice me to change gear oil which I did yesterday morning bt d problem is still not solved. pls ur advice is needed. Thanks

1 Like

Re: stiff gear, jstConfused right now by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
Emulti:

honda CRV 1999 MODEL(manual drive ). D day before, d CAR got stuck in one of the bad roads here, after much firing it came out. though d clutch was low bt I was able to drive it home. the nxt day, a friend came nd took it for a wedding nd called some minutes later to inform me dat d car has refused to move nd dat they ve taken it to nearby mechanic. on meeting d mechanic he told me dat d clutch plate plate is burnt. to cut d story short, he changed d clutch plate nd clutch disc nd it started working. But changing gear especially gear 1 is very stiff, I complained to d mechanic who advice me to change gear oil which I did yesterday morning bt d problem is still not solved. pls ur advice is needed. Thanks

am not sure if the clutch system is a hydraulic, should try bleeding the system
Re: stiff gear, jstConfused right now by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On Nov 15, 2014
Emulti:

The problem you have is the material that was used to refurbish your clutch disk is too thick for the design of the pressure plate, this happens a lot when refurbishing disks. Presently when you step on your clutch pedal the disk is still in slight contact with the fly wheel, so gear switching becomes stiff.

2ways of fixing your problem, replace disk with the right one. Or try this old trick. Place spacers of even sizes inbetween the disk and the flywheel.
before bolting it up (usually oil pressure rings are used) this method though crooked works like a charm. grin

Good luck.
Re: stiff gear, jstConfused right now by Emulti(m): 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

The problem you have is the material that was used to refurbish your clutch disk is too thick for the design of the pressure plate, this happens a lot when refurbishing disks. Presently when you step on your clutch pedal the disk is still in slight contact with the fly wheel, so gear switching becomes stiff.

2ways of fixing your problem, replace disk with the right one. Or try this old trick. Place spacers of even sizes inbetween the disk and the flywheel.
before bolting it up (usually oil pressure rings are used) this method though crooked works like a charm. grin

Good luck.

Thanks boss
Re: stiff gear, jstConfused right now by itsmayiela(m): 5:32am On Nov 17, 2014
Its ur gear selector. Take it to any competent roadside mechie and ask him to fix ur gear selector

Clue: it is fixed from under the car and not from the gear lever inside the car
Re: stiff gear, jstConfused right now by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:37am On Nov 17, 2014
itsmayiela:
Its ur gear selector. Take it to any competent roadside mechie and ask him to fix ur gear selector

Clue: it is fixed from under the car and not from the gear lever inside the car

No sir you are wrong.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Audi A4 2.0, 2006 Vs Corrola / Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 / Honda Civic 2007 Air Fuel Ration Sensor & Heater Oxygen Sensor Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.