Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 (1629 Views)

The Reason We Should Support Mr President / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Ibb Endorses Ribadu For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by troy07: 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2008
I hereby nominate Mallam Nuhu Ribadu for the next president of Nigeria. We need to support Ribadu and convince him to run for Aso rock. He is competent enough to run the country and direct us the right way.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by MrCrackles(m): 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2008
Another stupid and meaningless thread that should be recycled into the nairaland bin with immediate effect!
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by RibaduFan(m): 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2008
Wish the young man could actually make the presidential seat, maybe the country might just start heading in the right direction
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Mustay(m): 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2008
troy07:

I hereby nominate Mallam Nuhu Ribadu for the next president of Nigeria. We need to support Ribadu and convince him to run for Aso rock. He is competent enough to run the country and direct us the right way.

The same way Obasanjo and Yar adua were convinced too? undecided
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by McKren(m): 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2008
I dont know whether he will make a good President, but I surely know he will out perform the current occupant of Aso Rock.

But going by the fact that he built the EFCC from scratch to what it is today, I believe there are traces of good leadership qualities in him.

If he runs for President, whether he will win or not . . . . . . I will certainly be willing to contribute to his course with my credit card.

I think creating a page for FACEBOOK fans of Ribadu will be a good start . . . . if that is successful, a webpage can be launched for him.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by troy07: 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2008
MrCrackles? What makes this stupid?
Mustay? I nominated him 'cause i thing he knows how to administer power if given the chance. He can start the change Nigeria needs if surrounded with good and intellectual people.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by McKren(m): 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2008
i did not even know the movement had already started

Join it here and encourage people of like minds to join

It is up to our generation to cease our future and lead the country into the 21st century

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=81386290064&ref=mf&-Ribadu%2F37035137872
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by lucabrasi(m): 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2008
im sorry for we nigerians, we have very short memories, the fact that ribadu did creditably well inSOME NOT ALL of his tenure in e.f.c.c and threads like these are springing up, a fela song comes to mind, in the country of the blind,na one eye man be king.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by McKren(m): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2008
lucabrasi:

I'm sorry for we nigerians, we have very short memories, the fact that ribadu did creditably well inSOME NOT ALL of his tenure in e.f.c.c and threads like these are springing up, a fela song comes to mind, in the country of the blind,na one eye man be king.

what is your solution
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by lucabrasi(m): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2008
the solution is to nominate one of you guys, an average nigerian either in nigeria or abroad is better than either ribadu,el rufai or any of the so called politicians who only remember nigerians when they have been dealt a bad hand in the game called politricks,
lets be honest here, are you saying a country of almost 150million people cant do better than ribadu?
is there a dearth of leadership orpresident material in nigeria to the extent of having no choice but ribadu??
and we want an obama,
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Nigeria4: 1:28am On Nov 25, 2008
that is not the solution, if he want to run. he should try his state and become governor. not nigeria. i cant see him win, no let igboman or south south hear you say president 2011, them go kill you.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 25, 2008
I as an Igbo boy would not mind if Ribadu; an Hausa/fulani can get rid of corruption if given a chance to become president.
However, the reason why my fellow Igbos are beginning to bother about choosing one of their own is cos the ones chosen from other tribes have shown that either they are not cut out for leadership or there's a well calculated sabotage on the Igbos. Exactly the reason why i wont hold it against some of them rooting for a Briafran state.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by troy07: 7:02am On Nov 25, 2008
We need change now. If you believe in change. Join this movement. Remember we going to be faced with challenges, but we will not tire

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/fabiyi/082508.html
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Mustay(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2008
It's not by force to force anyone who doesn't have intentions of contesting.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2008
I agree

make Ribadu resign from police and lead a political and peaceful revolution to drive Yar'adua out of power.

Nigerians worldwide go fund his campaign through the internet.

make him just flee from Nigeria . . . . go abroad

make him start with rallies in capital cities like London, New York, Joanesburgh, Berlin . . . . . . then carry the momentum back home.

make him start now because it can either be 2011 or as soon as supreme court cancel Yar'adua election.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Tonim(f): 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2008
Bear in mind that just because someone is good at fighting corruption doesn't mean they'll
make a good president.

Yar'adua was chosen by OBJ to be president because he was not a corrupt governor, but has he been a good president so far ?

If Ribadu wants to run for office, let him come out and state what he has to offer. I don't know enough about him to
support anyone's call for his presidency come 2011.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Mustay(m): 2:41pm On Nov 25, 2008
Not every one likes him.

Some still hold the view that he is very partisan.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2008
47% of Americans no vote for Obama

Ribadu Partisan well him serve under PDP Government and I sure say him investigate more PDP people
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by DRANOEL(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2008
ribadu president? rubbish!,might as well nominate keyamo for vice
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by cre8tivity(f): 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2008
if the election takes place in nigeria, ribadu will not even get 20% of the overall votes. many forgot that ribadu is still a product of obasojo. today, obasojo still wears the crown of one of the most corrupt human being. i also believe that most of ribadu's supporters do not live in nigeria. it is widely known that many people from everywhere in nigeria have already turned against ribadu. it is still a popular conclusion in nigeria that if it wasn't for ribadu senseless, irresponsible and reckless actions, many of these government officials would have been jailed by now. i think this is one of the purpose of the effc invitation. it is also openly known by many, including ribadu's close friends that ribadu intentionally left messy files behind.
i'm not trying to present any bias, but only want the truth and also to be reasonable.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2008
OBJ is only corrupt on the pages of the newspaper
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by luka1981(m): 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2008
i will lead the campaign here in italy and in nigeria, we need people like nuhu ribadu as our president
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by lucabrasi(m): 12:14pm On Nov 26, 2008
you guys will need a lot of money for campaigns,so ill suggest you start from ota farms then andy uba in anambra,iyabo obasanjo ,bode george,tony anenih by the time u traverse these areas you should have a sizeable amount of campaigne funds grin
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Moves: 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ Lucabrasi; Funds are not required from treasury looters; when the poor masses donate their N100's before you know; u get more than is required; nigeria need to do away in their believe of the superiority of moneybag politics; What is Important is grassroot participation and mobilisation with that powerful cabal can be overturned. A lot of work is required though; but it is doable
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Marymos: 2:16pm On Nov 26, 2008
HOW I WISH IT WILL HAPPEN.HE HAS THE COURAGE AND ALL IT TAKES TO TAKE NIGERIA TO THE PROMISE LAND.WHAT IS HAPPENING 2 HIM 2DAY IS AS A RESULT OF THE GOOD WORKS HE HAS DONE.HE WAS ABLE 2 TOUCHE D UNTOUCHABLE.LETS NOT 4GET THAT NUHU RIBADU EMANATE FROM THE POLICE FORCE WHICH IS ONE OF THE MOST CORRUPT INSTITUTION IN NIGERIA.THAT NOT WITHSTANDING,HE WAS ABLE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
THE DAY HE DECLEAR HIS INTENTION,ALL THE CORRUPT POLITICIAN IN THE SENATE,HOUSE OF REP.,FORMER PRESIDENTS AND GOVERNORS,MINISTERS ETC WILL ALL UNITE TO DESTROY HIM.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Thadude(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2008
Here is the deal, without finishing the fight against corrupt we cant move on as a nation. we are fond of making 2 steps forward and 5steps backward our progress is worst than a circular one!, the average directional progress in Nigeria is on the negative side. We should not elect Ribadu for the purpose of saving Nigeria, NO!, We should elect him for one reason!, to kick out corruption from the top down, that will be the first sign of progression in Nigeria. Just like we have the signs of the coming of Jesus, so we have the signs of a better Nigeria!, let no one be decieved if corruption is not arrested and put in jail, we can never have a better Nigeria. After Ribadu successfully kicks out corruption and lock it in Jail we can take the key to the cell to my backyard at lake michigan and thro' it inside it, so that witch sef no go fit find am again, lol.
Then we can elect an average Nigerian with people minded program. Right now an average Nigerian can not with stand James Bond (Ibori) because Ibori will give him an offer he cant reject after puting him in the matrix where Yaradua is right now, yaradua cant come out alive and the fact that he has a bad kidney makes Ibori's JOB easier,as the first African James bond. A nigerian abroad becoming the president is the worst idea anyone can bring into this forum. We need someone who know what it means to have an innocent relative killed and have his car burnt by the police as a cover up of an auto accident, someone who knows what it means not to have light for 24hrs, days and months, someone who knows what is means to seat in the bus for hrs sweating, someone who knows what it means to watch a child stay at home for 1yr or more cos' the parents couldnt afford the school fees for that yr.
Not someone who cant withstand stress, not someone who thinks Nigeria's weather is too hot and makes him/her dark in complexion.
Anyone who has a dual citizenship shouldnt be allowed to hold anypost in Nigeria and tht includes myself, Prof Iwu is a perfect example he acquired US citizen during his yrs as a hussler in the USA. He has no care or love for Nigeria cos' he knows he has an alternative in the USA, i bet his kids are here right now.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by chidichris(m): 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2008
because this forum is free and nobody cares about what anybody is posting here, i hereby nominate Jay-Jay okocha as the next president of Nigeria. this nomination is based on his classical role as No 10 in the super eagles and bolton.
sorry i wanted to nominate pete edochie because as long as the movie industry is concerned, he is very good and as such will make a good president but in case we will need a female president, i will vote Mama G (petience ozokwu).
anyways, 2face Idebia is the first nigerian musician to win grammy award, if we make him president and make samuel peters his vice, nigeria will go a long way.
but Ribadu, he is close to going to jail and from like his boss(obj) will come out to be the president.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by 1luvkipsus: 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2008
Another stupid and meaningless thread that should be recycled into the nairaland bin with immediate effect!

Why? I think this your post is the stupid and meaningless thread that should be recycled into the nairaland bin with immediate effect.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by lucabrasi(m): 4:58pm On Nov 26, 2008
@moves
lol,thank GOD you agree these people are all treasury looters, now tell me,why did nuhu ribadu fail to deal with them or treat them same way he treated others like dariye,ibori e.t.c
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2008
NO WAY!!! Support Yar ADua For President 2011 and 2015 !!!! grin
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by troy07: 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2008
@Lucabrasi

Trust me we will not need there fund for this movement.
Re: Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 by idupaul: 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2008
Audacity 2 hope

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Visits Obasanjo In Abeokuta / Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa / Breaking News !. !.!. 6.0 Magnitue Earthquake Hits Guatemala City.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.