Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Advice On Documents To Request From My Clearing Agent. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Documents To Request From My Clearing Agent. (1245 Views)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. / What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Documents To Request From My Clearing Agent. by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Hi all,

My vehicle will soon be at port shortly. I need help with documents to request from my clearing agent in order to avoid any hassles with custom officers on the road.

Please your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Advice On Documents To Request From My Clearing Agent. by erico2k2(m): 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
Calculus12:
Hi all,

My vehicle will soon be at port shortly. I need help with documents to request from my clearing agent in order to avoid any hassles with custom officers on the road.

Thank you!
Im coming back with the list but if you are going to use the car yourself, register it B4 it leaves lagos state,get all Docs, get number plate and drive your car by yourself.
Re: Advice On Documents To Request From My Clearing Agent. by femmy2010(m): 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
Calculus12:
Hi all,

Thank you!

It should be duly cleared and the following documents given to you

Bill Of Lading
Valuation Copy
Print out and assessment
Customs duty payment stating the bank duty was paid
Examination Report(Not a must)
Customs Exit
Shipping Agency and terminal payment receipts .

Have those and you are good to go.

Re: Advice On Documents To Request From My Clearing Agent. by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 15, 2014
femmy2010:

It should be duly cleared and the following documents given to you

Bill Of Lading
Valuation Copy
Print out and assessment
Customs duty payment stating the bank duty was paid
Examination Report(Not a must)
Customs Exit
Shipping Agency and terminal payment receipts .

Have those and you are good to go.

Thanks man for your help.
Re: Advice On Documents To Request From My Clearing Agent. by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2014
erico2k2:

Im coming back with the list but if you are going to use the car yourself, register it B4 it leaves lagos state,get all Docs, get number plate and drive your car by yourself.

Thanks!

Its for my own use.
Re: Advice On Documents To Request From My Clearing Agent. by dee45: 8:47am On Nov 17, 2014
Clearing your car at the port is simple, if you know how to. you will need a copy of bill of lading, get valuation from the custorms, pay your duties based on the value the custorm gave you , release your car and signed custorms gate. it is easy if you are famileir with custorns acts. Dont forget, you will pay shipping company charges too. For more info contact me: Adeleye on 07030692124, email adeleyeakintoyese01@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

4wd System Of Modern Cars...do's And Dont's / I Need To Rent A Convertible For A Video Shoot In Lagos / Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.