Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty (5304 Views)

Africa's Name Before Europeans Renamed It Africa / My Message To People Sharing Bads/making Jest Of Nigeria Today / Fuel Subsidy Removal: The Best Way For Jonathan To Punish Nigerians For Making Jest Of His Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Olaone1: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
Just read this disheartening rubbish written in the ultra Right-wing British paper called the Daily Mail. I can't be a***d to paste the exceedingly disgusting piece here. Be clever and see how the piece is worded. This is low even for the Daily Mail. Sad! angry angry

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2834564/The-19th-Century-Kim-Hottentot-Venus-s-big-bottom-sparked-global-scandal-200-years-certain-Miss-Kardashian.html
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by gtrust: 10:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
No be today bros!

Nigeria is our ONLY Country oh!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Olaone1: 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
Her epitaph is deep, though.

'I have come to take you home, where the ancient mountains shout your name.

I have made your bed at the foot of the hill, your blankets are covered in buchu and mint, the proteas stand in yellow and white – I have come to take you home where I will sing for you for you have brought me peace,’
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by jasper7(m): 11:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
I have read that article and dailymail just shared a piece of history. Not as if they were saying fiction. The thing the african folk always fail to understand is we can never be like the whites. We cannot be better than them cos we try everything within our power to be like them. We have forgotten ourselves, our tradition and culture is lost in the chaos of the mad african. We have to be ourselves to be the best. Shikena!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Olaone1: 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2014
jasper7:
I have read that article and dailymail just shared a piece of history. Not as if they were saying fiction. The thing the african folk always fail to understand is we can never be like the whites. We cannot be better than them cos we try everything within our power to be like them. We have forgotten ourselves, our tradition and culture is lost in the chaos of the mad african. We have to be ourselves to be the best. Shikena!
What useless piece of history! How do you link a story about slavery, sexual exploitation and apparent racial slur to what Kim K is doing? Can't you see the hypocrisy? The article mysteriously ignored the fact that she was ra.ped by dozens of white men for almost a decade. Even in the useless article, Kim Kardashian's ni.pples were censored and hers? Well, look again undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
OP considers dailyy mail to be ultra right wing because they are the only western media outlet that reports on ISIS rampaging menace.

Trying to use factual history as an excuse of being rascit in order to get Africans to dump the mail won't work.

Taqiyya harder because you aint fooling no one but yourself
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Olaone1: 12:05am On Nov 15, 2014
WombRaiders:
OP considers dailyy mail to be ultra right wing because they are the only western media outlet that reports on ISIS rampaging menace.

Trying to use factual history as an excuse of being rascit in order to get Africans to dump the mail won't work.

Taqiyya harder because you aint fooling no one but yourself
Go back to your cave, right now. sad sad
You scanned through the paper and saw a coupla stories about ISIS and reached a hasty and silly conclusion? What do you even know about the term "Right-wing?" Trying to be clever? Uhn? Bet you're reading the paper for the first time. lipsrsealed

And, what the hell does "Taqiyya" mean?
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 15, 2014
Olaone1:

You scanned through the paper and saw a coupla stories about ISIS and reached a hasty and silly conclusion? What do you even know about the term "Right-wing?" Trying to be clever? Uhn? Bet you're reading the paper for the first time. lipsrsealed

You are a muslim and you hate the mail because unlike other liberal multi cultural news outfits the mail is not afraid to bring the atrocities of ISIS to its viewers

I know you like the NewYork times because they are the only paper claiming just like obama that terrorist acts have nothing to do with islam

1 Like

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by jasper7(m): 12:10am On Nov 15, 2014
Olaone1:

What useless piece of history? How do you link a story about slavery, sexual exploitation and apparent racial slur to what Kim K is doing? Can't you see the hypocrisy? The article mysteriously ignored the fact that she was ra.ped by dozens of white men for almost a decade. Even in the useless article, Kim Kardashian's ni.pples were censored and hers? Well, look again undecided

Datz the point you are not getting. You expect the white man to hold a black woman who died almost 200years ago in high regard? Do we africans even hold ourselves in high regard?
We cannot go and be fighting oyibo for disrespecting us when we disrespect and embarrass ourselves everyday.
Have you ever sat down to ask yourself this question. Why is Mandela the most recognized black man ever? Because he challenged the white man and stood up for himself for decades. All our underlicker head of states wey dey fall hands around the world no get respect for where oyibo dey.
Forget it men, we africans don fall hands around the world. Nothing pass to be original and be yourself o. Olorun.
Kim don do her own, trust me before next week maheeda, tonto dikeh and the rest of the mad africans will do their own with low budget shooting and chicken pox infested bodies plus stretch marks. Tell me why them no go ridicule us?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Olaone1: 12:16am On Nov 15, 2014
WombRaiders:

You are a muslim and you hate the mail because unlike other liberal multi cultural news outfits the mail is not afraid to bring the atrocities of ISIS to its viewers

I know you like the NewYork times because they are the only paper claiming just like obama that terrorist acts have nothing to do with islam
Me? A Muslim? Are you okay? You want me to bow down to a warrior from Arabia? Are you okay?!

4 Likes

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by jasper7(m): 12:18am On Nov 15, 2014
Olaone1:

If na oyibo tell black man to "go back to your cave". You go begin shout. Say na racism.
Our attitude shows we are wild, mad africans that stumbled on civilisation. That's why the whites have no respect for us. Go around the streets of Lagos, before you drive 5mins you are guaranteed to see one savage event or the other . And you wonder who is deceiving who.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 15, 2014
Olaone1:

Me? A Muslim? Are you okay? You want me to bow down to a warrior from Arabia? Are you okay?!

Prove that you are not a muslim

No taqiyya bull sh1t
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Olaone1: 12:24am On Nov 15, 2014
jasper7:

If na oyibo tell black man to "go back to your cave". You go begin shout. Say na racism.
Our attitude shows we are wild, mad africans that stumbled on civilisation. That's why the whites have no respect for us. Go around the streets of Lagos, before you drive 5mins you are guaranteed to see one savage event or the other . And you wonder who is deceiving who.
Stop this rant, abeg. People are free to emulate whatever. Even Kim K. She hasn't offended anyone. Let her be.

The article is demeaning. If you aren't clever enough to decipher that, then, The Daily Mail people are justified in their primordial innate prejudices. undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 15, 2014
jasper7:

Your inferiority complex, self-hate, and ignorance stink to high heavens.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by fr3do(m): 2:51am On Nov 15, 2014
Meanwhile our daughters are playing with caucasian dolls and some tv/radio stations wont hire unless their employee has an accent.

Its high time we changed our 'western' education to nigerian education.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by fr3do(m): 3:15am On Nov 15, 2014
I've read the article, typical!
And its very disturbing that part of her remains that were on display were only returned to SA 2002.

One of the duties of the british media is to justify colonialism and slavery, its in their genetic code. And some of our people are so glued to their channels! They so believe them!

You see, you can hardly bring change when you dont believe, you wont invest if you are not confident. The bad media being aired about Nigeria won't only get Nigerians informed (as if channelstv is not there) it will also make them unbelievers, sadists, self-haters. When these reporters touch down Nigeria, they go straight to the slums and refuse dumps.

What point are they trying to prove?
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by fr3do(m): 3:22am On Nov 15, 2014
jasper7:

Datz the point you are not getting. You expect the white man to hold a black woman who died almost 200years ago in high regard? Do we africans even hold ourselves in high regard?
We cannot go and be fighting oyibo for disrespecting us when we disrespect and embarrass ourselves everyday.
Have you ever sat down to ask yourself this question. Why is Mandela the most recognized black man ever? Because he challenged the white man and stood up for himself for decades. All our underlicker head of states wey dey fall hands around the world no get respect for where oyibo dey.
Forget it men, we africans don fall hands around the world. Nothing pass to be original and be yourself o. Olorun.
Kim don do her own, trust me before next week maheeda, tonto dikeh and the rest of the mad africans will do their own with low budget shooting and chicken pox infested bodies plus stretch marks. Tell me why them no go ridicule us?

https://www.nairaland.com/1983011/history-when-black-men-ruled/1#27945477

I hope this helps a bit.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 15, 2014
Just read the very sad and very touching story ofthis woman. Mankind is truly depraved.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by pharmo25(m): 4:31am On Nov 15, 2014
Na today?
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by PapiWata: 7:36am On Nov 15, 2014
Clearly that ho Kim KarYashian is a descendant of the Hottentot Bush Women, so why all this indignation over that simple fact ?

Just lighten up and accept that evolution does pass quite a few people by, entirely. Mrs. KarYashian evidently is hobbled with a very stunted intellect, but is inexplicably VERY proud indeed, to demonstrate that sad condition at every opportunity that presents itself.

To me the most amusing aspect of this autistic woman's showing off her hideous deformity is the fact that she evidently is deluded enough to imagine that such a mountain of lard is in even the most abstract sense attractive to anyone besides her dim-witted husband.

1 Like

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by fr3do(m): 8:20am On Nov 15, 2014
PapiWata:
Clearly that ho Kim KarYashian is a descendant of the Hottentot Bush Women, so why all this indignation over that simple fact ?

Just lighten up and accept that evolution does pass quite a few people by, entirely. Mrs. KarYashian clearly is of very stunted intellect, but is very proud to demonstrate that sad condition at every opportunity that presents itself.

To me the most amusing aspect of this autistic woman's showing off her hideous deformity is the fact that she evidently is deluded enough to imagine that such a mountain of lard is in even the most abstract sense attractive to anyone besides her dim-witted husband.

are you saying the south african woman was less human and dumb, and everything dumb in the present can be tagged her descendants?

You see no wrong in the way the dailymail compared a woman that was brutalized by their colonialist fathers to a modern day notice-me like kim k. They said the south african woman was treated like a freakshow but they are still writing about her as if she is a freakshow and not human

I expected more from you but you are just another self hater.

1 Like

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by PapiWata: 8:24am On Nov 15, 2014
fr3do:

are you saying the south african was less human and dumb, and everything dumb in the present can be likened to her descendant?

You see no wrong in the way they compared a woman that was brutalized by their colonialist fathers to a modern day notice-me.

I expected more from you, you are just another self hater.

Well sir I just happen to find people who are actually PROUD of such prominent deformities strange and repulsive, but also amusing in a way.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 15, 2014
jasper7:

In all honesty, the treatment of that lady simply highlights the barbarism and lack of civilisation of the Europeans at that time. The woman was mocked for her physical appearance and yet was molested by several men for years (the same ones who 'mocked' her beauty) until she died of a sexually transmitted disease.

If you read the comments made by readers of the article on the Daily Mail website (mostly Americans and Brits), you will find that even they are disgusted by the lack of civilisation displayed by their fore parents in their inhumane treatment of that woman, and angry with the Daily Mail for its subtle yet evident mockery of her.

Yes, some Africans display savage behaviour, but this is not the right time to bring up the savagery of those Africans but rather, the savagery of the Europeans who stripped a black woman of her dignity.

1 Like

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Mcbussy(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2014
If you ask me,I don't think there's anything wrong with that article. Its just trying to explain what Kim kardashian is trying to do. Using her sexual assets to cause controversy just like the African woman was used by the ancient British colonialists of the 19th century.

Honestly, it sheds light on the some of the past exploits of the Brits. I find it kind of educational,cos its my first time of coming across that story.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 15, 2014
jasper7:

Forget it men, we africans don fall hands around the world. Nothing pass to be original and be yourself o. Olorun. ....

I completely agree with your point here.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by Afrocatalyst: 8:51am On Nov 15, 2014
jasper7:

so funny but true,especially maheeda and tonto doing same.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by PapiWata: 9:05am On Nov 15, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

so funny but true,especially maheeda and tonto doing same.

You ain't lyin' my brother. Nigeria is home to some of the most amazingly beautiful and toned African women these grateful eyes have ever beheld, BUT, the makers of Nigerian films, SO tragically, go out of their way to select only the most hideously grotesque and out-of-shape female baboons ever gathered for one purpose since the dawn of time. And when I say UGLY, I refer to sort of stomach-churning, viscerally nauseating, wobbly-lard nastiness that could ever infest a nightmare to induce sudden death by virtue of sheer terror alone.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by fr3do(m): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

In all honesty, the treatment of that lady simply highlights the barbarism and lack of civilisation of the Europeans at that time. The woman was mocked for her physical appearance and yet was molested by several men for years (the same ones who 'mocked' her beauty) until she died of a sexually transmitted disease.

If you read the comments made by readers of the article on the Daily Mail website (mostly Americans and Brits), you will find that even they are disgusted by the lack of civilisation displayed by their fore parents in their inhumane treatment of that woman, and angry with the Daily Mail for its subtle yet evident mockery of her.

Yes, some Africans display savage behaviour, but this is not the right time to bring up the savagery of those Africans but rather, the savagery of the Europeans who stripped a black woman of her dignity.

abeg abeg abeg
show me one race where is no salvagery currently!
There is salvagery everywhere!

Its like you played with a lot of white doll babies cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by jasper7(m): 9:39am On Nov 15, 2014
PapiWata:

You ain't lyin' my brother. Nigeria is home to some of the most amazingly beautiful and toned African women these grateful eyes have ever beheld, BUT, the makers of Nigerian films, SO tragically, go out of their way to select only the most hideously grotesque and out-of-shape female baboons ever gathered for one purpose since the dawn of time. And when I say UGLY, I refer to sort of stomach-churning, viscerally nauseating, wobbly-lard nastiness that could ever infest a nightmare to induce sudden death by virtue of sheer terror alone.
Very funny... all of em with their very funny british-wannabe accent. The most celebrated Nigerian female actresses (omotola and Genevieve) speak with simple, plain and Audible Nigeria accent. and Nigeria get recognition (omotola) for having one of the se.xiest accent around the globe. Another example, the closest nigeria has gotten to a grammy perhaps would be Femi kuti (not really sure). But he god damn sings cultural music. All our movies now, dem wan dey carry gun dey shoot for street. Guns made of wood and sound like firecrackers. Nothing Nigerian about the movie except the low quality. Compare with indian movies that are selling around the world. All of them still has India written all over it. Only people with a heart and a brain can understand this

1 Like

Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by maestroferddi: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2014
Don't you think it is rash to make a sweeping generalisation about The Daily Mail just because of an ill-conceived article?

I am an avid reader of the paper and to me they are among the best in the world.
Re: This Is Sad; Really Sad! Europeans Making Jest Of African Beauty by LORDI(m): 10:00am On Nov 15, 2014
We africans need to embrace our culture!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting / Buhari Charges Ministers To Work Harder As Exco Marks One Year / Southeast: The Time Is Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.