Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses (9875 Views)

18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Leobreezy(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
paulGrundy:

Jwfacts.com is not biased though its very critical. I have seen the other side , and believe you me, its filled with lies misquotes, exaggerations, misleading information and misrepresentations.

That makes it obvious that you were at some point a witness or you're just bluffing. To have seen the other side, you must have been on the other side. You claimed we disfellowship sisters who were molested regardless of whatever happened, something you obviously derived from jwfacts.com. I showed from the publication you quoted, the bible, as well as another watchtower that resistance to molestation is key in considering such a situation.
You also claimed we BELEIVE organ transplants is synonymous with cannibalism, I explained that it was only COMPARED with and that does not in anyway form an authority on our views concerning organ transplant
You further asserted that we've predicted the end of the world 20 times, I disputed that and acknowledged that we only made such claim twice, in 1914 & 1975
Tell me, who's making the exaggerations and misinterpretations?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Leobreezy(m): 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
paulGrundy:

But even at that it raises a very important issue, watchtower interpretations are inconsistent.
I'll explain what I meant using an illustration. In the 1979 Constitution of Nigeria, the power to recommend the appointment of judges of state high courts was vested in the state judicial service commission. Under the 1999 Constitution as amended, the power to recommend the appointment of state high Court judges is vested in the National Judicial Council, a federal body. In light of the difference in both Constitutions would you then say that the 1999 Constitution is inconsistent and contradictory or simply an adjustment of the old 1979 Constitution?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Leobreezy(m): 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
malakh7:

There are 12 classical world religions and over 34,000 Christian sects. Most of these say that salvation requires following their particular God. The extremist sects say that belonging to their particular sect is a requirement for salvation. If you are a Witness, imagine for a second that the Watchtower Society is not the true religion. Do you think it fair that God is going to destroy you for being part of the wrong religion? As the Watchtower discourages active examination of other beliefs, would it be fair that you will shortly die for not finding the correct one?
If you went to a store to buy a TV with the knowledge of what the fake and the real one looks like, would you, having found the original TV, still search for and buy the fake one? The Bible gives clear indication that those who love Jehovah obey his commandments and yet they are not burdensome 1 John 5:3. Some of such commandments include
1. Abstaining from blood Acts 15:20
2. Expelling persons who commit gross sin from the church 1 Corinthians 5:9-13
3. Not worshipping idols or any carved image Exodus 20:4&5
4. Declaring the Goodnews to others Matthew 24:14
Having idenfied those who live up to those commandments highlighted above, should you still mingle with those who disregard them? 2 Corinthians 6:4.
There is a true religion, it's left for you to earnestly and honestly examine the fruits (conduct) of each of the religions, determine if they are in line with the bible, and prayerfully make your choice. Please read Matthew 7:15-23

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by malakh7: 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
Leobreezy:
If you went to a store to buy a TV with the knowledge of what the fake and the real one looks like, would you, having found the original TV, still search for and buy the fake one? The Bible gives clear indication that those who love Jehovah obey his commandments and yet they are not burdensome 1 John 5:3. Some of such commandments include
1. Abstaining from blood Acts 15:20
3. Not worshipping idols or any carved image Exodus 20:4&5
4. Declaring the Goodnews to others Matthew 24:14
Having idenfied those who live up to those commandments highlighted above, should you still mingle with those who disregard them? 2 Corinthians 6:4.
There is a true religion, it's left for you to earnestly and honestly examine the fruits (conduct) of each of the religions, determine if they are in line with the bible, and prayerfully make your choice. Please read Matthew 7:15-23
Ovie56:
im not sure of this series survival
SuperMartins:
Honestly..the Arrow ain't like d way it used to be..
[b]oh pleease! ..there is no original TV as everyone thinks their TV is original.
And don't quote scriptures for me, one would have to agree with the accuracy of an instrument before it can be used.

Is the Witness that grows up in America listening to immoral 'pop' music more righteous than the Baptist missionary in Indonesia? Should the Nepalese monk, isolated from the world and Bible be destroyed for living the life of abstinence that he truly believed and was indoctrinated to understand was the way to achieve oneness with God?

When a religion teaches absolute truth, it makes sense anyone not believing this truth is worshipping falsehood. Anyone not worshipping Jehovah is worshipping Satan, and so deserves destruction. If truth is easy to understand and God attracts his sheep, there is no excuse not to follow it. The flaw in this reasoning is that no Organization teaches absolute truth. Jehovah's Witnesses certainly do not teach it. In its short 130 year history the Watchtower Society has changed its teachings so substantially that they have no right to claim a unique ability to understand truth. It is illogical to state God gave Russell the many wrong teachings that the Watchtower later had to reject.

Jwfacts.com
[/b]
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Leobreezy(m): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
paulGrundy:

Aha beautiful! smiley now we are getting somewhere.
What makes NEPA an inconsistent power supply body? Isn't it the fact that they restore and take electricity supply haphazardly? Suppose electricity supply gradually became steady, would you still call them inconsistent? Gradually over the years, adjustments to certain beliefs have been made and they have formed the basis of our faith down till this day. Would you for the reason of the adjustments published years ago in the Watchtower still call it inconsistent? Be honest with yourself, you're holding a biased opinion.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Leobreezy(m): 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
malakh7:

[b]oh pleease! ..there is no original TV as everyone thinks their TV is original.
And don't quote scriptures for me, one would have to agree with the accuracy of an instrument before it can be used.

Is the Witness that grows up in America listening to immoral 'pop' music more righteous than the Baptist missionary in Indonesia? Should the Nepalese monk, isolated from the world and Bible be destroyed for living the life of abstinence that he truly believed and was indoctrinated to understand was the way to achieve oneness with God?

When a religion teaches absolute truth, it makes sense anyone not believing this truth is worshipping falsehood. Anyone not worshipping Jehovah is worshipping Satan, and so deserves destruction. If truth is easy to understand and God attracts his sheep, there is no excuse not to follow it. The flaw in this reasoning is that no Organization teaches absolute truth. Jehovah's Witnesses certainly do not teach it. In its short 130 year history the Watchtower Society has changed its teachings so substantially that they have no right to claim a unique ability to understand truth. It is illogical to state God gave Russell the many wrong teachings that the Watchtower later had to reject.

Jwfacts.com
[/b]
Imagine you had two unruly stubborn sons. As the years went by one of them began to change and became more humble and willing to accept correction. The other however continued being unruly and even more stubborn. Be honest, who would you love more? Nobody learns the truth in a jiffy, it takes time and patience. What matters is the effort and desire to learn the truth. The organization has undeniably made mistakes in the past. The Bible students used to celebrate Christmas but at some point, after carefully examining the bible and learning of its pagan origin changed its views. You should be proud of the fact that we have chosen not to remain in the darkness but continue striving to adjust our ways to conform with the bible. Making the decision to change requires humility, do you see such spirit exhibited by the Organization in christendom today?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Leobreezy(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
malakh7:

oh pleease! ..there is no original TV as everyone thinks their TV is original.

Jwfacts.com
If you don't believe in the Bible, how can you find the true religion when the guidelines are stated in the Bible? I don't know if you are or were a witness but I'll say this, when you were young weren't there things you did that were wrong but you eventually learnt the right thing to do? As you grew older weren't there things you did but changed or stopped doing? And now aren't you trying to live in harmony with the things you learnt in the past and present? Would it be right then for me to hold you accountable for the things you did in the past when I KNOW you've changed and stopped doing them? That's exactly the same way you're judging the organization. If you require time to adjust yourself and your lifestyle shouldn't you do the same for the organization?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Leobreezy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
I have done my part in the capacity I could. Contrary to what some may feel, we don't force or compel people to become a Jehovah's Witness. The growth of Jehovah's Organization does not depend on whether one believes what we teach or not or chooses to deviate from the truth. Every year thousands of people who earnestly desire the truth and humbly let God's word sink into their hearts get baptised and come into the truth. Last year 277,344 people got baptised, we currently number almost 8 million worldwide. So if anyone chooses to hold on to past events as a basis to discredit us it's entirely up that individual. Various attempts have been made in the past to stop people from learning the truth, more gruesome and menacing than a website. All attempts failed. The truth will never stop growing come what may. Isaiah 2:2 & 3

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by malakh7: 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
LOL ...you have just successfully shown how empty your religion is.
The original doctrine has been adjusted and adjusted due to errors found out from bible interpretations and misinterpretations... This goes to show that the present doctrine too, could be changed just like it had been in the past.

The above point goes to show that there is no supernatural being guiding your faith....it was just a bunch of researchers who thought they had found out a 'truth' ....nothing more.
Without first-hand proof or evidence or communication with Jehovah, you just believe that if you follow this book: the bible, then you are bound to receive a reward post-mortem... Define Illusion.

Other Churches that claim signs and wonders and first-hand communication with God seem more sane.
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Leobreezy(m): 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
To any who may have read this post and desires to learn more about Jehovah's Witnesses, please visit our website jw.org . We also offer a free home Bible study to any who desires so, you can request for such on our website or from a Jehovah's Witness when they call on you. Have a blissful week smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Leobreezy:
What makes NEPA an inconsistent power supply body? Isn't it the fact that they restore and take electricity supply haphazardly? Suppose electricity supply gradually became steady, would you still call them inconsistent? Gradually over the years, adjustments to certain beliefs have been made and they have formed the basis of our faith down till this day. Would you for the reason of the adjustments published years ago in the Watchtower still call it inconsistent?

cheesy love this analogy you used. I just showed you a while ago, an inconsistency in your literature about superoir authorities.
Obviously you didn't it.

Until 1929, the “superior authorities” or “higher powers” were correctly said by the Watchtower to be the earthly rulers to whom Christians paid taxes and whose laws they were obligated to follow.

“They taught the Church to obey the laws, and to respect those in authority because of their office, even if they were not personally worthy of esteem; to pay their appointed taxes, and, except where they conflicted with God’s laws (Acts 4:19; 5:29), to offer no resistance to any established law. (Rom. 13:1-7; Matt. 22:21)” Studies In the Scriptures Series I - The Divine Plan of the Ages p.266

“The Bible directs the followers of Jesus to be subject to the powers that be. (Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-17) But while seeking to be thus law-abiding in every respect, Christians are to recognize that there is still a higher law and a still higher Ruler, and are to be subject to the worldly powers only in the absence of a contrary admonition from the Higher Power - from God.” Watch Tower 1916 Jan 15

With one of Rutherford’s revelations this changed in 1929.

“The instruction of the thirteenth chapter of Romans has long been misapplied. The improper application has really been the basis for the false doctrine of the “divine right of kings” or rulers to rule and oppress the people. The apostle is, in substance, telling the members of the church that they should always be obedient to God, and that the motive for such obedience must be love for God and a delight in doing’ his will.” Watchtower 1929 Jun 1 p.163

“Both of these scriptures have reference to the government, order and discipline in the organization of the Lord. Applying these words to earthly governments has been misleading and wrongful so far as Christians are concerned.” Watchtower 1929 Jun 15 p.183

From 1929 to 1962 the “superior authorities” became “the Most High God Jehovah and his exalted Son Jesus Christ”. Rutherford used the 1929 position on higher authorities to justify:

Consuming alcohol during the United States prohibition (“God never authorized a prohibition or any other sumptuary law to control the consciences or actions of others.” w29 p.121)

Prevention of Bible Students doing civilian military service (“For this reason the Bible Students devoted to the Lord refuse to take military service, because they are true followers of Christ and must obey God’s law.” w29 p.117)

Banning flag salutes.
By saying that the higher authorities referred to Jehovah rather than earthly rulers, it made breaking the law easy to introduce.

In 1962, the Society returned to the original position of Russell. A statement in Babylon the Great Has Fallen! God’s Kingdom Rules! page 548 indicated there was a change in understanding;

“In spite of the end of the Gentile Times in 1914, God permitted the political authorities of this world to continue as the ‘higher powers’ or the ‘powers that be,’ which are ‘ordained of God’.”
This was explained in detail through the November 1, November 15 and December 1 editions of the Watchtower in 1962

Before 1929 it was taught that superior authorities were earthly rulers, as from 1929 it was taught that superior authorities was Jehovah. By 1962, they reverted back to 1929 position. Now that is inconsistency, there are more, but that will be a topic for another day.

Be honest with yourself, you're holding a biased opinion.

On the contrary, you need to be honest with yourself, the truth is glaring at you but can't see it.
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
Leobreezy:

That makes it obvious that you were at some point a witness or you're just bluffing. To have seen the other side, you must have been on the other side. You claimed we disfellowship sisters who were molested regardless of whatever happened, something you obviously derived from jwfacts.com

Why are you telling lies? I never said “regardless of whatever happened“, you put the words straight into my mouth, neither did I derive anything from jwfacts, it was from your watchtower literature.it was your watchtower literature I quoted. Stop seeing what you want to see. cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1998909/10-things-never-knew-jehovahs

https://www.nairaland.com/1988061/r.a.pists-should-treated-respectfully-during

I showed from the publication you quoted, the bible, as well as another watchtower that resistance to molestation is key in considering such a situation

You showed me from your own watchtower publication?? cheesy hilarious!

https://www.nairaland.com/1998909/10-things-never-knew-jehovahs

You also claimed we BELEIVE organ transplants is synonymous with cannibalism

I never claimed, your publication said it.

Watchtower 1967 November 15 pp.702-704

[size=15pt]"Sustaining one's life by means of the body or part of the body of another human...would be cannibalism[/size], a practice abhorrent to all civilized people It is not our place to decide whether such operations are advisable from a scientific or medical standpoint Christians who have been enlightened by God's Word do not need to make these decisions based simply on the basis of personal whim or emotion. They can consider the divine principles and use these in making personal decisions as they look to God for direction, trusting him and putting their confidence in the future that he has in store for those who love him"

I explained that it was only COMPARED with and that does not in anyway form an authority on our views concerning organ transplant
You further asserted that we've predicted the end of the world 20 times, I disputed that and acknowledged that we only made such claim twice, in 1914 & 1975
Tell me, who's making the exaggerations and misinterpretations?

YOU!

I'll paste quotes were such claims were made shortly.

SOON

Studies in the Scriptures, The Plan of the Ages 1886 p.344
"And from the prophets we learn that this kingdom is soon to be established in the earth; …"

Universal War Near 1935 pp. 26-27
"The Scriptural evidence and the physical facts strongly indicate that such witness work is now almost done, and when it is done the universal war will begin. Universal war is absolutely certain to come, and that soon, and no power can stop it.... During the few remaining months until the breaking out of that universal cataclysm the powers that rule the nations of the earth will continue to make treaties... They will continue to persecute and oppose Jehovah's witnesses who are trying to get the truth to the people"

Watchtower 1936 Dec 1 p.365
"It is not for them to know just how soon the curse will fall, that is to say, just what hour or year Armageddon will take place. They certainly know that it cannot be far removed from the present day, because that work marked out for them, and which they are doing,immediately precedes Armageddon"

Watchtower 1951 September 15 p.547
"For our expecting this old world to end soon means we are looking for a new world to begin with the most wonderful opportunities for living. It is not a false, baseless optimism, but is based on God's own Word." Watchtower 1966 6/1 p.328

"Yes, the present system of things is soon coming to its end!"

Watchtower 1958 4/15 p.237
"The United Nations belongs to this old world, which is facing a disastrous end very soon."

Watchtower 1970 6/1 p.339
"Very soon the world empire of false religion, Babylon the Great, will come to its destructive end."

Watchtower 1971 8/15 p.490
"They trust that Jehovah God will soon bring a speedy end to all wickedness in his war of Armageddon."

Awake 1996 10/22 p.19
"To settle the issues Satan raised, God will soon bring an end to all wickedness."

Watchtower 1999 9/15 p.5
"And very soon, Jehovah will end poverty and oppression-in fact, all suffering"

Watchtower 2006 7/15 p.23
"Soon this wicked system of things will end, and the Messianic Kingdom will take full control of mankind's affairs."

Watchtower 2006 5/1 p.12
"Very soon, Bible prophecy shows, God will bring this vicious, cruel system of things to an end:"

Watchtower 2012 Jun 15 p.18
"We are living in the days of the seventh head. No more heads will appear on this beast before it is annihilated. The Anglo-American World Power will be the dominant world power when false religion is eradicated. The prophecies of Daniel and John have been fulfilled to the smallest detail. We can be confident that the destruction of false religion and the battle of Armageddon will soon come. God has revealed these details in advance. Will we pay attention to the prophetic warnings? (2 Pet. 1:19) Now is the time to take sides with Jehovah and to support his Kingdom."

Imminent

Watchtower 2001 4/1 p.26
"In 1940, Lloyd's mother visited Australia, and Lloyd told her that we were thinking of marriage. She advised him against it because the end of the system of things seemed imminent."

Watchtower 2001 7/15 p.11
"God's heavenly Kingdom was established in the hands of Jesus Christ in 1914, and we are now proclaiming the message of hope with more urgency than ever before. Why? Because among the blessings of Kingdom rule is the imminent end of the present wicked system."

Watchtower 1996 7/15 p.23
"Because the end of this system of things is imminent, and problems are more pressing than ever."

Watchtower 1993 6/1 p.16
"the imminent end"

Awake 1988 4/8 p.3
"So how can anyone be sure that Jehovah's Witnesses are right in announcing the imminent end of the present world system and the extension of God's Kingdom rule over the earth?"

Watchtower 1952 12/1 p.709
"But now, by occurrence of every detail of the great sign Jesus gave, we know that we face the imminent end of the present world system."

Watchtower 1912 12/1 RS139
"Just now, all the nations of the world are fast approaching the most terrible crises of their national existences. In a great time of unparalleled trouble, which is even now imminent, they are about to reap what they have sown. They have sown to the wind the seeds of selfishness, and now they are about to reap the whirlwind of terror and the destruction of all law and order, and of national and social organization."

Shortly

Informant May 1937 p.1
"All witnesses for the Lord must be unusually diligent to carry the truth to the people now, and this work must becompleted before Armageddon, which will follow shortly after the Hierarchy has reached the zenith of its arrogance and power"

Watchtower 1938 Sep 1 pp.269-270
"To be sure, no man can say precisely what day or yearJehovah’s battle at Armageddon will be fought, but it is easy to be seen that now conditions among the people are such as to indicate that a great crisis is near. ... God’s kingdom has begun to operate. His day of vengeance is here, and his terrible battle at Armageddon is near and certain to fall upon 'Christendom', and that within an early date. God’s judgment is upon 'Christendom' and must shortly be executed...."

Few Years (or Months)

Face the Facts 1938 pp.46,50
"Those Jonadabs who nowcontemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone"

Watchtower 1941 September 15 p.288
"Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord’s provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon"

Near

This Means Everlasting Life 1950 p.248
"Not only is the life of all children endangered by the nearness of Armageddon, but their eternal destiny is involved."

Yearbook 1940 pp.132,192
"It is quite evident that the witness work is near an end in continental Europe, and this is further proof that Armageddon is near at hand.... One brother writes: ’Jehovah knows that our company had not a sound-car. It is doubtful if we shall have it before Armageddon. For that reason he has blessed our company with more than usually strong rowers, and boats, and provided us with a territory very rich in lakes' "

Informant 1940 May p.1
" 'The year 1940 is certain to be the most important year yet, because Armageddon is very near.' It behooves all who love righteousness to put forth every effort to advertise THE THEOCRACY while the privileges are still open"

Informant 1940 Sep p.2
"The Watchtower clearly proves that Armageddon is not far off. It therefore behooves all of the anointed and their companions to work with even greater diligence than ever before while it is still day. There is no time now to slack the hand.

Yearbook 1941 pp.246,249
"Whether it shall be the Lord’s will that another Yearbook be published before Armageddon, of course, no one can say. What the immediate future holds it would be unwise to try to predict. All the surrounding circumstances, however, indicate that the battle of Armageddon is near at hand, which means the end of wickedness in the earth and the full ushering in of righteousness.... The trying experiences of the year past, the persecution and reproach of God’s people by the enemy, and which persecution daily increases, testifies that we are near Armageddon and that soon we shall see a complete change. The present time is the day ’when the wicked spring up as the grass, and when all the workers of imquity do flourish’. Never at any time has there been such wickedness and lawlessness against Christians in America as today....Comfort and aid those of good-will. The day of deliverance is near!

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Yooguyz: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2014
paulGrundy:
molestation can be fornication grin grin grin

Does it mean that when honeychild complyed with the predator because of the gun in her head? She has fornicated? shocked shocked

I will go and report her.
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by maestroferddi: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
Leobreezy:

1914 and 1975 were the only years thought of to mark the end of this system of things. Further adjustments have been made to our understanding of Matthew 24. We neither deny nor hide the mistakes made, rather we use that to increase our understanding of the scriptures.

I already explained that. Matthew 24:6

We don't decide who makes up the 144,000, Jehovah does Romans 8:16&17. If however the members of the 144,000 are primarily composed of faithful Witnesses whom Jehovah's spirit has borne witness with, you're left to your own conclusions.

You asserted that we BELIEVE organ transplants are synonymous with cannibalism. I showed you that the Watchtower you drew your hasty conclusion from only COMPARED it to cannibalism and does not in anyway show a general belief of our views concerning organ transplant

Contradicting statements you have been making...

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by rabzy: 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
*** w80 3/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
Questions From Readers
● Should congregation action be taken if a baptized Christian accepts a human organ transplant, such as of a cornea or a kidney?
Regarding the transplantation of human tissue or bone from one human to another, this is a matter for conscientious decision by each one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Some Christians might feel that taking into their bodies any tissue or body part from another human is cannibalistic. They might hold that the transplanted human material is intended to become part of the recipient’s body to keep him alive and functioning. They might not see it as fundamentally different from consuming flesh through the mouth. Such feelings may arise from considering that God did not make specific provision for man to eat the flesh of his fellowman when he made provision for humans to eat the flesh of animals that had been drained of their life-sustaining blood. They may give consideration also to the way people in Bible times viewed sustaining themselves by taking in human flesh. For example, see the account at 2 Kings 6:24-30; Deuteronomy 28:53-57; Lamentations 2:20 and 4:10. At John 6:48-66, Jesus spoke figuratively of eating his flesh and drinking his blood. On hearing this discussion and not perceiving the spiritual significance of his words, some of his Jewish disciples were shocked and turned from following him. These accounts illustrate how some humans felt about eating human flesh.
Other sincere Christians today may feel that the Bible does not definitely rule out medical transplants of human organs. They may reason that in some cases the human material is not expected to become a permanent part of the recipient’s body. Body cells are said to be replaced about every seven years, and this would be true of any human body parts that would be transplanted. It may be argued, too, that organ transplants are different from cannibalism since the “donor” is not killed to supply food. In some cases persons nearing death actually have willed body parts to be used for transplants. Of course, if a transplant should require taking in another person’s blood, undeniably that would be contrary to God’s command.—Acts 15:19, 20.
Clearly, personal views and conscientious feelings vary on this issue of transplantation. It is well known that the use of human materials for human consumption varies all the way from minor items, such as hormones and corneas, to major organs, such as kidneys and hearts. While the Bible specifically forbids consuming blood, there is no Biblical command pointedly forbidding the taking in of other human tissue. For this reason, each individual faced with making a decision on this matter should carefully and prayerfully weigh matters and then decide conscientiously what he or she could or could not do before God. It is a matter for personal decision. (Gal. 6:5) The congregation judicial committee would not take disciplinary action if someone accepted an organ transplant.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2014
Leobreezy:
To any who may have read this post and desires to learn more about Jehovah's Witnesses, please visit our website jw.org . We also offer a free home Bible study to any who desires so, you can request for such on our website or from a Jehovah's Witness when they call on you. Have a blissful week smiley

Please stop quoting, replying, commenting on any thread opened by "Paulgrundy". I just recently discovered he was dis-fellowshiped for running an apostate website "jwfacts.com".

I believe you know the scriptural reasons involved in associating with such an individual. Nothing good can come out of such discussions.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by macayub(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
You don't need to respond to all arguments. Any honest hearted person no where to find the truth. My question is which Christian or religious organization is better by collective attitudes? Which organization strive to put God first by determined to abide by Bible standard and teaching?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
macayub:
You don't need to respond to all arguments. Any honest hearted person no where to find the truth. My question is which Christian or religious organization is better by collective attitudes? Which organization strive to put God first by determined to abide by Bible standard and teaching?

Good evening sir smiley

I find your post quite interesting, what organization could you be refering to? Buy what means did you jump into your conclusion?

Have you considered the possibility that several christain groups could have the qualities of the bolded?
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Yooguyz: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Please stop quoting, replying, commenting on any thread opened by "Paulgrundy". I just recently discovered he was dis-fellowshiped for running an apostate website "jwfacts.com".

I believe you know the scriptural reasons the watchtower reasons involved in associating with such an individual. Nothing good can come out of such discussions.

Obviously! Another causualty of the watchtower Lying disease syndrome.

paulGrundy: For the record am not a jw was not a jw can never be a jw

https://www.nairaland.com/1998909/10-things-never-knew-jehovahs/1

paulGrundy: First of all [size=19pt]i am not paul Grundy, the real paul grundy owns a site called jwfacts.com[/size]...

https://www.nairaland.com/2005674/disscusion-yooguyz-homosexuality
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Shegricho: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Leobreezy:

I just find it funny when people try to play God, expel people from the church?
You make me laugh brother, what is your definition of "gross sin".
I remember the Bible says, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God", i don't remember that verse pointing to any sin as "gross" or "mild".
In my own view, i just think these witnesses are full of Bible analysts.
Saying someone should be expelled contradicts what the Bible says about correcting each other with love.
Again, that contradicts the parable by our Lord Jesus Christ concerning the lost sheep & coin.
You people are the main reason why people like me thank God that God is not man.

I want to ask you a question sir.

Someone made mention of witnesses not believing in the Holy Spirit, you never replied that.
If you do believe in the Holy Spirit, He gives understanding to us so we don't read the "word" in the analyst view, but in a way which brings understanding.
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
Shegricho:

I just find it funny when people try to play God, expel people from the church?
You make me laugh brother, what is your definition of "gross sin".
I remember the Bible says, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God", i don't remember that verse pointing to any sin as "gross" or "mild".
In my own view, i just think these witnesses are full of Bible analysts.
Saying someone should be expelled contradicts what the Bible says about correcting each other with love.
Again, that contradicts the parable by our Lord Jesus Christ concerning the lost sheep & coin.
You people are the main reason why people like me thank God that God is not man.

Are you a Christian?
If yes , pls how do you or ur church handle this directive from the scripture

1 cor 5:9-13

When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. 10 But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols.
You would have to leave this
world to avoid people like that.
11 I meant that you are not to
associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is
abusive, or is a drunkard, or
cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people. 12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge
those inside the church who
are sinning.
13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
@ paulgrundy

Seems you have deliberately closed ur eyes to Seeing anything good about jehovahs witnesses.

From ur point of view, do they do anything good ?
Is there any practise they follow that is worthy of emulation ?
If there is can you mention some.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
dolphinheart:
@ paulgrundy

Seems you have deliberately closed ur eyes to Seeing anything good about jehovahs witnesses.

From ur point of view, do they do anything good ?
Is there any practise they follow that is worthy of emulation ?
If there is can you mention some.

1. They are very zealous about their preaching work.

2. An average JW have a deep knowledge of biblical quotes and study often (though with a closed mind).

3. JW's have this strong brotherhood love for each other/ watch out for each other, just like the catholic church.
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2015
paulGrundy:

1. They are very zealous about their preaching work.

2. An average JW have a deep knowledge of biblical quotes and study often (though with a closed mind).

3. JW's have this strong brotherhood love for each other/ watch out for each other, just like the catholic church.

What about their stand against warfare, not carrying weapons. Is it good or bad?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

What about their stand against warfare, not carrying weapons. Is it good or bad?

Good. Why do you ask?
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
paulGrundy:

Good. Why do you ask?

Cus you did not mention it.

Going further, do you support there stance on not allowing unrepentant sinners in their midst the moment such sinner is revealed. Is it good or bad?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

Cus you did not mention it.

Going further, do you support there stance on not allowing unrepentant sinners in their midst the moment such sinner is revealed. Is it good or bad?

Their stance is unscriptural. Scriptures talks about expeling only unrepentant fornicators, greedy, abusive, worshiper of idols, drunkard and fraudulent men. The list never included stuffs like blood transfusion, military service and working for another religion/political party.
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
paulGrundy:

Their stance is unscriptural. Scriptures talks about expeling only unrepentant fornicators, greedy, abusive, worshiper of idols, drunkard and fraudulent men. The list never included stuffs like blood transfusion, military service and working for another religion/political party.

Let me rephrase it for you, what do you think about their stance in expelling those who do the things that the scripture talks about as expressed by you .eg expelling fornicators, drunkards, abusive, fraudulent men. Is there stand on such people good or bad .

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

Let me rephrase it for you, what do you think about their stance in expelling those who do the things that the scripture talks about as expressed by you .eg expelling fornicators, drunkards, abusive, fraudulent men. Is there stand on such people good or bad .

Its good. I hope this is not another medium to start your false accusations against me again?
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
paulGrundy:

Its good. I hope this is not another medium to start your false accusations against me again?

Good. Continuing, do you see anything good in their choice not to be payed for their services in the advancement of the beliefs? Is it good or bad

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by Shegricho: 8:50am On Jan 06, 2016
dolphinheart:

Are you a Christian?
If yes , pls how do you or ur church handle this directive from the scripture

1 cor 5:9-13

When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. 10 But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols.
You would have to leave this
world to avoid people like that.
11 I meant that you are not to
associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is
abusive, or is a drunkard, or
cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people. 12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge
those inside the church who
are sinning.
13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”

One thing i know about arguing with your type is that you will never and have never tried to view things from the other person's perspective, anyways sha. We shall meet on judgment day.
Re: 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2016
Shegricho:

One thing i know about arguing with your type is that you will never and have never tried to view things from the other person's perspective, anyways sha. We shall meet on judgment day.

You re the one classifying people into types.!
You just claimed that some people will never view things from the other persons perspectives, yet when I asked you about your perspectives on some scriptural verses, you still (up till now) have refused to talk about it!

Are we supposed to have our own personal perspectives or perspectives are supposed to be based on scritural teachings?
If scriptures that support my views are shown to you and you have a contrary opinion, as someone who claims to be a Christian, you are expected to show me where i got the understanding of the scripture I quoted wrong. But what have you done , you have prejudged without knowing me personaly, you have classified while still refusing to adress the scripture quoted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Really Is The Rapture? / Inspiring Story Of Akiane Kramarik That Converted Her Atheist Parents To Christ / Who's Your Favourite Bible Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.