Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing (24137 Views)

Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians / Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK / S’africa Orders Chirst Embassy Church To Stop Faith Healing Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Gombs(m): 9:44am On Nov 16, 2014
thank God for the Holy Ghost.

Jesus is alive,forever
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by paulGrundy(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2014
Seun:
If there were actually 10 documented cases of faith healings, the claims would have been written about and debated by reputable journalistic establishments like CNN, BBC, etc, and skeptics like James Randi would have investigated the cases to find the inevitable flaws. As it stands, the sole source of this information is an article on a Christian apologetics site that we've never heard about.

Wow! Seun hasn't even bothered to investigate the claims of the OP before jumping into conclusions. There have cases where miracles have made frontpage of reputable newspapers around the world, if no miracle has been on CNN or whatever, its because they don't consider it a priority. Sometimes skeptics can go to any lenght to discredit an act of God. Instead of jumping into conclusions, why don't you try and verify the claims of the OP? smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Skylarenchanted(f): 9:50am On Nov 16, 2014
I remember once wen I noticed a lump in one of my breasts.It was so painful up 2 d point dat I couldn't sleep well at night. Didn't tell my parents tho cos I felt dey were gonna freak out ,so I went 2 church on a sunday and while d healing service was goin on I placed my hand on my breast nd prayed dat God should heal me. When I woke up d following day there was no lump and no pain in breast. I give God all d glory.

3 Likes

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2014
masonkz:
40something kids were blasted to death last week in the north. I guess they weren't created by same God.

or maybe they just weren't old enough to possess this kinda "faith". undecided

Often the same people who ask where God was following a disaster thinklessly forget to worship and honour him for years of peace and calmness. They disregard God in good times yet think he is obligated to provide help when bad times come. They call into question God's attribute of mercy and compassion. Call into question the mess that we made on earth in which we live.

When God created the earth, it wasn't intended to be this way. The beauty that is in the world was God's idea. The mess was ours and now when we see a judgement caused by sin and we see judgements in that world. We blame God!!!!!!.

Many blame God for the disasters that take place yet in good times they deny his very existence.

God has established a universal law. We reap what we sew. Perhaps there is a connection with all the terrible things that take place upon the earth and our blatant rejection of God and his word. Rather than take responsibility, man chooses to believe God is the author of evil. That way we can question God's love and fairness.

God knows his people and his people know him.
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2014
There is a criminal born every day.. there is a maga born every minute FACT
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Lovine: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2014
For answer to your questions only if you are a genuine Christian please read: Luke: 13: 1-5, so what do respond on that? My friend repent you may not know when or where you will be called back to your maker.
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Gombs(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2014
Skylarenchanted:
I remember once wen I noticed a lump in one of my breasts.It was so painful up 2 d point dat I couldn't sleep well at night. Didn't tell my parents tho cos I felt dey were gonna freak out ,so I went 2 church on a sunday and while d healing service was goin on I placed my hand on my breast nd prayed dat God should heal me. When I woke up d following day there was no lump and no pain in breast. I give God all d glory.

i like hearing these kinda statements. Jesus did not go to tha cross to raise sissies.

Seun,take heed,one day,you'd seek with tears in your eyes,a supernatural touch,but find none,or get some...whichever way,you'd have a testimony

3 Likes

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Lordlexyy: 10:08am On Nov 16, 2014
ZUBY77:
Another criminal in the making somewhere.
Very soon, he will leave the sick people in America and come down to heal the ones in Africa, where everybody have no option than to believe he is from the Heaven.
An anti-christ. Beware! Between, I am a testimony of God's miraculous deed. The healing, the relieve i received on my manhood (scrotum) after hand was laid on me was instantaneous, speedy and immediate. Since then, i make nonsense of anyone who comes up to discredit God, miracles or men of God, people like the guy i quoted and the several 'too intelligent' athiests we have around today. The fact that you have not witness one doesn't negate the existence of one. Jesus is Lord!

1 Like

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Lordlexyy: 10:15am On Nov 16, 2014
masonkz:
40something kids were blasted to death last week in the north. I guess they weren't created by same God.

or maybe they just weren't old enough to possess this kinda "faith". undecided
And what did u do to prevented it from happening suppose u are a Christian? The responsibility of securing our lives and others especially love ones remain our job. God has given the world and the Word to men. What u do with it determine how God intervene. God can't do anything if we are docile and do nothing. If u and i had stayed in the gap for the north east, believe me, the death wouldn't have occured.
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by ZUBY77(m): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2014
Lordlexyy:
An anti-christ. Beware! Between, I am a testimony of God's miraculous deed. The healing, the relieve i received on my manhood (scrotum) after hand was laid on me was instantaneous, speedy and immediate. Since then, i make nonsense of anyone who comes up to discredit God, miracles or men of God, people like the guy i quoted and the several 'too intelligent' athiests we have around today. The fact that you have not witness one doesn't negate the existence of one. Jesus is Lord!

Were you able to find out what happened to your scrotum first before crediting it's healing to miracle?
Do you know that human skin grows and corrects some mistakes on its own?
If you doubt me, make a cut in your palm with a knife, don't treat it and don't pray. See if it will heal on its own or not.

Why don't this miracle heal an amputated man?

BTW, must everybody be pro - Christ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Lordlexyy: 10:25am On Nov 16, 2014
ZUBY77:

Were you able to find out what happened to your scrotum first before crediting it's healing to miracle?
Do you know that human skin grows and corrects some mistakes on its own?
If you doubt me, make a cut in your palm with a knife, don't treat it and don't pray. See if it will heal on its own or not.

Why don't this miracle heal an amputated man?

BTW, must everybody be pre-Christ?
Well, i see where u are coming from. I owe my body. I knew what i went through. I new how medication failed me. Beside, who is talking about natural healing. I'm letting you know the instant healing i received in a midst of an excruciating condition. The kind of recovery beyond word or explanation. Certain miracles like the one i experience are not something that has interpretation for it. Is like a -touch- and - go- situation.

1 Like

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Lordlexyy: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2014
Seun:
If there were actually 10 documented cases of faith healings, the claims would have been written about and debated by reputable journalistic establishments like CNN, BBC, etc, and skeptics like James Randi would have investigated the cases to find the inevitable flaws. As it stands, the sole source of this information is an article on a Christian apologetics site that we've never heard about.
I know atheists would do anything to disrepute any act of miracle as presented by that article. If u wish to know, i am a direct beneficiary of an instantaneous miracle , and that explain why i don't take seriously when confusionists come up with ridiculous clam about the nonexistence of miracle to make jest of God's mighty work. The site to the article is not hidden. So, if CNN or any atheistic body feel oblige, they are free to seek the authenticity of the claims and draw out a conclusion as it suits them.
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Lordlexyy: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2014
sandijey:
I always wish I could say how God healed me but I don't think it's the right time. I believe strongly in God and faith healing o. If I had gone to the hospital I am more than convinced that I would have died. God did not only heal me. He also healed my mum of......... Who says there is no God?. I believe one day God will give me the opportunity to reveal it......
It's a great testimony. God is real......
Sandi, what better way and time can you share ur testimony if not now, especially at a time when evil men are out to relegate God? No other time to that but now. Certainly, you will be 'slain', malign and condemned, but your testimony is the biggest tool to shame the devil and his human agents parading as athiests and what are few. Remember: we overcame them by our testimony and by the blood of the lamb.

1 Like

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by cold(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2014
Seun has every right to voice his concerns. There's not a shred of truth in any of those stories. Only published in a non-descript Christian magazine with no verifiable means. Besides, this god has yet to heal an amputee; as in regenerate an amputated limb! Now that would be a miracle to shut down all miracles. Until then...your sky daddy remains a figment of your imagination.

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by cold(m): 11:12am On Nov 16, 2014
sandijey:

Rather than take responsibility, man chooses to believe God is the author of evil. That way we can question God's love and fairness.

Is he not?

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Gerrard59(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2014
sandijey:

Often the same people who ask where God was following a disaster thinklessly forget to worship and honour him for years of peace and calmness. They disregard God in good times yet think he is obligated to provide help when bad times come. They call into question God's attribute of mercy and compassion. Call into question the mess that we made on earth in which we live.
When God created the earth, it wasn't intended to be this way. The beauty that is in the world was God's idea. The mess was ours and now when we see a judgement caused by sin and we see judgements in that world. We blame God!!!!!!.
Many blame God for the disasters that take place yet in good times they deny his very existence.
God has established a universal law. We reap what we sew. Perhaps there is a connection with all the terrible things that take place upon the earth and our blatant rejection of God and his word. Rather than take responsibility, man chooses to believe God is the author of evil. That way we can question God's love and fairness.

But he's Omnipotent and Omnipresent. The all knowing God. isn't He?
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by kevoh(m): 11:45am On Nov 16, 2014
The name Kathryn Kuhlman appearing more than twice in the different cases raises potential red flags for fraudulent cases which immediately dismisses the untruths raised by the OP.

But hey, it's Sunday let's allow the christians enjoy this thread it's their holy day. tongue

1 Like

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by cold(m): 11:49am On Nov 16, 2014
Misogynist2014:
THIS IS THE COMPLETE DEFINITION OF FAITH. sad
I think this is a more succinct definition...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Misogynist2014(m): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2014
cold:

I think this is a more succinct definition...
So you mean God doesn't exist?!
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by cold(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Misogynist2014:
So you mean God doesn't exist?!
Like you didn't know?
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by musicwriter(m): 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
Miracles happen everyday!.
This research is a proof that science do not contradict believe in God. Neither do believe in God contradict science.
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by bezimo(m): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
Devine Healing is real, as I can personally attest to it.Only fools doubt proofs

1 Like

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by paycash: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Jesus is Lord

I am a living testimony.

Thank you Jesus.
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
I hereby apologize for concluding that these stories are not real. We should investigate this further before concluding that they are real (or not).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by nanizle(m): 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
A response from the original reddit thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DebateReligion/comments/1i062f/to_atheists_scientifically_studied_miracles/
erage.

The Southern Medical Journal has an Impact Factor of 0.9. Less than 1. It is the lowest impact factor a publication can have. That makes it, in my opinion, barely worth talking about.

But lets do so anyway, just for the hell of it.

Dr Richard Casdorph. That's a distinctive name. Shouldn't be too hard to find more info on this person. Huh... Lots of things saying he's a doctor, and a researcher, respected and eminent. Very nice. Good for him. Oddly enough all of them are in context of his faith ministry and books he's made a fortune from shilling. He's as much an impartial, skeptical observer as I am a penguin made of chocolate.
(I'm not. In case you were wondering.)

Calling someone a doctor doesn't make them a doctor. Even if they ARE a doctor (which he probably is) that doesn't make them definitively reliable. It seems to me that this is one faith healer being followed by a true believer. Scientific? Bullshit. Science suspends belief. This guy wallowed into it.
While I was looking for more info on him, though, I found out a bit more on Karthryn Khullman, too. In particular I found out about a man called William A Nolen, a legit respected doctor, respected enough to have an actual wiki entry to himself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_A._Nolen

He interviewed people Kathryn "healed" and found she did not, in fact, heal them at all. In fact, one of the women who was healed of spinal cancer threw her crutches away. Her spine collapsed the next day and she was hospitalised for some time, dying shortly after.
This is remarkably unconvincing.

If you're going to take the anecdotes of this one agenda driven man, why not take other studies into account, too? The Templeton Foundation (a Christian organisation trying to get some science up in this bitch) paid a substantial amount of evidence into an "Intercessory Prayer" study, and found that there was absolutely no difference between those people and a control group.

Don't pick and choose the results that suit your agenda. Take a look at all of them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DebateReligion/comments/1i062f/to_atheists_scientifically_studied_miracles/

2 Likes

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Seun(m): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
Skylarenchanted:
It's not every lump on your breast that is cancer; that's why you need a doctor's diagnosis. The lump could have been a small boil, pimple or something like that. It may have been cured on its own, due to the natural working of your immune system, or due to home treatments like application of antiseptic cream, heat, and cleaning/washing that you didn't mention in your testimony. The timing doesn't mean as much as you think :- you were probably praying every day, since you thought it was cancer, and you didn't get cured on any of the other days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by nanizle(m): 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
According to the American Cancer Society:

... available scientific evidence does not support claims that faith healing can actually cure physical ailments.

One review published in 1998 looked at 172 cases of deaths among children treated by faith healing instead of conventional methods. These researchers estimated that if conventional treatment had been given, the survival rate for most of these children would have been more than 90 percent, with the remainder of the children also having a good chance of survival.

A more recent study found that more than 200 children had died of treatable illnesses in the United States over the past thirty years because their parents relied on spiritual healing rather than conventional medical treatment.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_healing

Faith cannot cure physical ailments. A simple proof is to gather all your pastors and let them pray for an amputee's limb to grow back. I bet you it won't.

1 Like

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by kandiikane(m): 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Skylarenchanted:

You had a cyst
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by nanizle(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
paulGrundy:

Wow! Seun hasn't even bothered to investigate the claims of the OP before jumping into conclusions. There have cases where miracles have made frontpage of reputable newspapers around the world, if no miracle has been on CNN or whatever, its because they don't consider it a priority. Sometimes skeptics can go to any lenght to discredit an act of God. Instead of jumping into conclusions, why don't you try and verify the claims of the OP? smiley

"Miracles" by definition do happen.
A lot of things that were considered miracles in the past have now been scientifically explained.

The idea is that you should not be too quick to ascribe happening or events you don't understand to divine intervention. That's just plain lazy and dangerous.

On a lighter note, I'm still in wondering why tb Joshua et all have not yet healed Ebola patients grin Remember that these guys are reputed to have cured aids, tuberculosis, pneumonia. There are even claims that some of them have raised people from the dead shocked

I guess they can't claim to heal Ebola because every case is under international scrutiny. So no chance for wuru wuru.

2 Likes

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by paranorman(m): 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
EternalBeing:
Miracles are real, genuine miracles happened to me this year. You may not believe me because you don't know what I went through. Those that have seen a demon before would know what I'm talikng about.
Today is Sunday, we don't need to restrict the Gospel of JESUS like anti-Christ. We ought to know whatsoevet would help us to be better people and better Nation. GOD wants to show us Miracles upon Miracles but it's our sin that prevents. The height of it is that devil is trying to get people so used to sin till their minds becomes reprobate, using their bodies for abnormal inconvinent things like homosexuality.
I guess u think homosexuality is secular too; it's grossly spiritual! It is the crescendo, the height of wdesecration of human's conscience. That's why the devil is aggressively pushing it, he knows that it's the only sin that has ever made GOD to rain fire on Earth to consume sinners and that once u cross that line ur conscience become reprobate, dead and hell-bound."

People fall, so it's not about falling, it about refusing to stand, ramaining fallen as a result of pride after falling.
Show me Mastbator and I'll show you a potential homo. Even from comments here, those that mastbate r more soft on condemning homosexuality. It's just too obvious that the Rapture is very much about to happen.
Homosexuality is the major seal of the anti-Christ because the bible says they shall use their bodies for what was normally not convenient, it's the preliminary spiritual 666 before the physical one that would come after rapture. According to Daniel 11:37b, "...(the anti-Christ) shall be a woman hater,he shall not desire women." Read Revelations 13:18, Revelations 14:9-11.
I didn't take JESUS serious until self-acclaimed satanists starts saying that JESUS should come quickly so that they can fully take over!
I even heard a rap song, the gay rapper was boasting of what they'll do to "left behind" Christians after rapture. I laughed because such foolish pple forgot that even after Rapture they too will surely still die and eternity (whether in Heaven or Hell) awaits us all. So, guide ur eyes, hears and watch ur heart. I shall not miss the so very imminent Rapture IJN.

There are now gay pastors and gay churches. Matth24:15 and Mark 13:14 "When you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel standing in the Holy place, know that...JESUS is just about to appear, whosoever readeth let him understand" Are u prepared? or Will you be left behind? Join the genuine Churches like Deeper Life, MFM etc... to prepare yourself for HE is just about to appear. Without any iota or scintilla of doubt, the END TIME is Here!
i am glad you'v bn saved and delivered...! Believe you me, there's nothing like having the joy of salvation; when ur spirit bears you witness that you belong to God. So, tell me about the deliverance experience, how did it go?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by Misogynist2014(m): 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
cold:

Like you didn't know?
My skull still can't figure out how this world can exist without God. Is it right to say 'nothing' doesn't exist, even if there is no proof of its existence, eventhough we feel its effects?
Re: A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing by oblando(m): 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
HAVE YOU EVER READ YOUR BIBLE TO THE PLACE WHERE GOD ASK"HE'S THE GOD OF ALL FLESH, IS THERE ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR HIM TO DO?" NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Silenced Ahmed Deedat? / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. / Mike Bamiloye And Wife, Gloria Celebrate 31st Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.