Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? (3005 Views)

When Somebody Says "That Hallelujah Is Too Small For God" (photo) / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Can man live without God? Why do people who reject God seem to live happy lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by seemore(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2014
I know the first quick answer is that because they miss their loved ones. But think about it, if we are so sure that there is heaven and the person has gone to heaven which is supposed to be a wonderful place. A place where the streets are paved with gold and has mansions for everybody. No sickness, hunger or poverty. If we know for sure that soon we will be there with those our loved ones, will we truly cry like this.
I think the better reaction should be, ok see you soon my man, take care. Just like somebody that just traveled and we will soon meet up with them.
It's also baffling when announcements of death are made in church and you see everybody looking so frozen and I wonder shouldn't we just take it as a normal thing, infact we should be saying oh this man has gone to enjoy. But the reverse is the case, everybody is afraid to die even the priests. Even when a priest dies the reaction is still not right. Pastors pray for you and say death is not your portion and I am like if you are so sure of heaven why not be excited to go there.
When an old man dies people don't cry so much because they believe he lived long enough on earth, notice the emphasis and consolation in long earthly life. Seems somehow we know it all ends here. Nobody knows what is on the other side if there is an other side. Except what we read in religious books (both bible and koran) and try to believe because it gives us hope of immortality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by Martini101(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2014
At that instance, itz the shock then after that material gain and loss. BRB to explain
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by smartcred(m): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2014
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by seemore(m): 8:45am On Nov 17, 2014
Martini101:
At that instance, itz the shock then after that material gain and loss. BRB to explain

Do explain
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by CANTICLES: 8:57am On Nov 17, 2014
Nice Observation @ Op ......... People should not weep aftrall the person has gone to heaven , they should rejoice instead !!!! Honestly speaking ..... God place death on Adam as a curse Gen 3:19 , curse is neva a blessing ....... But this afterlife preachers turn death to a blessing, a visa to go to heaven !!! They are Liers ..... Did God promise Adam and eve an afterlife or imortality ?? Nooo, if u say " YES" am calling u a flat lier, nothin of such statement is made to Adam !!! 2. How Can Adam be imortal , since he was BLOCKED from having access to the tree of immortality ?? GEN 3:22 ... Most religions of nowadays are Devil's machinery to propel the immortality lie he made to Eve , which he said as : " You Shall Surely Not Die" Gen 3:4 !! To support it, he uses religion to lie to mankind that somtin in them lives on afta death ! Thus they themselves neva die , imagine that, how can that be possible since Adam was blocked from havin access to the tree of immortality ?? Pity religion

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by honourhim: 9:15am On Nov 17, 2014
CANTICLES:
Nice Observation @ Op ......... People should not weep aftrall the person has gone to heaven , they should rejoice instead !!!! Honestly speaking ..... God place death on Adam as a curse Gen 3:19 , curse is neva a blessing ....... But this afterlife preachers turn death to a blessing, a visa to go to heaven !!! They are Liers ..... Did God promise Adam and eve an afterlife or imortality ?? Nooo, if u say " YES" am calling u a flat lier, nothin of such statement is made to Adam !!! 2. How Can Adam be imortal , since he was BLOCKED from having access to the tree of immortality ?? GEN 3:22 ... Most religions of nowadays are Devil's machinery to propel the immortality lie he made to Eve , which he said as : " You Shall Surely Not Die" Gen 3:4 !! To support it, he uses religion to lie to mankind that somtin in them lives on afta death ! Thus they themselves neva die , imagine that, how can that be possible since Adam was blocked from havin access to the tree of immortality ?? Pity religion

Silly post.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by honourhim: 9:25am On Nov 17, 2014
seemore:
I know the first quick answer is that because they miss their loved ones. But think about it, if we are so sure that there is heaven and the person has gone to heaven which is supposed to be a wonderful place. A place where the streets are paved with gold and has mansions for everybody. No sickness, hunger or poverty. If we know for sure that soon we will be there with those our loved ones, will we truly cry like this.
I think the better reaction should be, ok see you soon my man, take care. Just like somebody that just traveled and we will soon meet up with them.
It's also baffling when announcements of death are made in church and you see everybody looking so frozen and I wonder shouldn't we just take it as a normal thing, infact we should be saying oh this man has gone to enjoy. But the reverse is the case, everybody is afraid to die even the priests. Even when a priest dies the reaction is still not right. Pastors pray for you and say death is not your portion and I am like if you are so sure of heaven why not be excited to go there.
When an old man dies people don't cry so much because they believe he lived long enough on earth, notice the emphasis and consolation in long earthly life. Seems somehow we know it all ends here. Nobody knows what is on the other side if there is an other side. Except what we read in religious books (both bible and koran) and try to believe because it gives us hope of immortality.

You dont have a point. Even when your beloved brother or sister living in the same house with you is travelling you still feel bad because you will miss her. Think of death, the pains the person passed through before dying and the fact that you wont see him again in a very long time that is so indefinite, no phone call, no email, no communication at all. Again you are not even sure whether the person had a good stand with God as at death time to earn him heaven.

There are some close people to me that their death was glorious so i'm not in doubt that they are in heaven. To such people, i can only morn because i ll miss them for an indefinite time. To those who i'm not sure where their end will be i morn them for two things- 1. that i ll miss them. 2. The pain they ll face in hell if they didnt make heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by CANTICLES: 11:16am On Nov 17, 2014
honourhim:

You dont have a point. Even when your beloved brother or sister living in the same house with you is travelling you still feel bad because you will miss her. Think of death, the pains the person passed through before dying and the fact that you wont see him again in a very long time that is so indefinite, no phone call, no email, no communication at all.

There are some close people to me that their death was glorious so i'm not in doubt that they are in heaven. To such people, i can only morn because i ll miss them for an indefinite time. To those who i'm not sure where their end will be i morn them for two things- 1. that i ll miss them. 2. The pain they ll face in hell if they didnt make heaven.
walla!!! So why the need for a ressurection ?? 2. Resurection of the dead or resurection of the living ?? Just think!!! David is a man who walks with God, Did He go to heaven when he dies ?? Nop, scriptures said he is still in d grave ( Joh 3:13; Act 2:29,34) !!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by nickz(m): 11:25am On Nov 17, 2014
can't remember the last time i cried cause of someone's death

maybe its cause i've lost too many people or my job is to console those crying.....reason why sometimes i still watch my grandaunt's very old burial video and laugh when i see myself cryinggrin
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by asalimpo(m): 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
Som ppl dont feel like cryg, they cry to fulfil social custom.
Others get hit by d shock dat a person theyve been with for years is gonna b no more.. The shock jolts them ,releasing tear drops.

Actually, d heaven,hell thing aint really real to most people.
Wud a poor person cry if he won u.s visa lottery? I mean wail and grieve? Wud d mum pull out d pix of her son in the u.s living in d white house, living fine and burst into tears and lose all appetite?
Roll on d floor and get sick for dayz?

I'm assumg d dude in question made heaven. Point is nobody is thnkg of heaven,not even pastors ,
evry1 'cept a minute few,wanna live here forever,it's only d very old and sickly and diseased and hurt tht think of yonder and say "there's nothng in this life".
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by mumumugu(m): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
The more u cry,the more burial rice u will eat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Don't worry by the time a really loved one of yours dies, you will understand.

seemore:

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
honourhim:

Silly post.
can u show the silly part in the guy's post ?? Or else u are telling me that u are a "silly" person
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by vooks: 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
It feels sad to be separated from the ones you love and have been in close relation with. It is silly to conclude ithere is no life past death because people grieve. Whether they believe in afterlife or not, they are still separated for now and for that they grieve

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by honourhim: 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
babeline:

Don't worry by the time a really loved one of yours dies, you will understand.

Dont mind the small boy. People feel bad when they lose their money, car, house, certificate, business, properties etc or fail exam, then he expects them not to feel bad when they lose a fellow human being. You can see how small boys reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by honourhim: 9:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
can u show the silly part in the guy's post ?? Or else u are telling me that u are a "silly" person

If you were reasonable you would ve seen how silly his post is. Reasonable people have seen it so continue in your journey with him.
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by asalimpo(m): 12:03am On Nov 18, 2014
honourhim:

Dont mind the small boy. People feel bad when they lose their money, car, house, certificate, business, properties etc or fail exam, then he expects them not to feel bad when they lose a fellow human being. You can see how small boys reason.

The keyword is "lose".
And it is d wrong word. Biblically speaking, to the child of God , "to die is gain". Do people "feel bad" wen they "gain"?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by asalimpo(m): 12:14am On Nov 18, 2014
Mostof d grievg punks treated the deceased like dirt , took them for granted, ignored them so long, only to cry bucket fulls wen theyre gone. They cleanup, freshen up, get up and go back to their old ways - of treatg their lovedd ones like dirt

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by timmy2409(m): 1:36am On Nov 18, 2014
The reason:

Most people don't really believe heaven exists.

Most people just really hope heaven exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMaK6k4oZ20

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by CAPTIVATOR: 7:07am On Nov 18, 2014
honourhim:

If you were reasonable you would ve seen how silly his post is. Reasonable people have seen it so continue in your journey with him.
C'mon is this what i asked you to do, hahaha u couldnt point out anything coz it hurt ur ego .... Uv silently communicated to me the kind of person u are !!
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by honourhim: 7:58am On Nov 18, 2014
asalimpo:

The keyword is "lose".
And it is d wrong word. Biblically speaking, to the child of God , "to die is gain". Do people "feel bad" wen they "gain"?
Paul said for him to die and go and be with Christ is gain. (Yet foolish JW people will come here to tell me that the dead ends in the grave). Misapplying scripture here and there.

Yes it is gain for the person who died in Christ but loss to the people he left on earth. The people he is feeding or helping in one way or the other, the love they share, the role he is playing in the society and other places will be gone. That's a loss bro. Unless the person that died is a mad man who has no positive impact on people around him that's when you will tell me that people will not grieve.
Even the bible did not say that we should not grieve when people die rather it said that we should not grieve like people who have no hope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:05am On Nov 18, 2014
honourhim:

Paul said for him to die and go and be with Christ is gain. (Yet foolish JW people will come here to tell me that the dead ends in the grave). Misapplying scripture here and there.

Yes it is gain for the person who died in Christ but loss to the people he left on earth. The people he is feeding or helping in one way or the other, the love they share, the role he is playing in the society and other places will be gone. That's a loss bro. Unless the person that died is a mad man who has no positive impact on people around him that's when you will tell me that people will not grieve.
Even the bible did not say that we should not grieve when people die rather it said that we should not grieve like people who have no hope.
which hope ?
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by seemore(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2014
honourhim:

All these things you mentioned are gone forever. But for people you are supposed to meet up with them in heaven. Compared to eternity the time you will wait to meet with them is very short. But we cry as if we will never see them again like our certificates etc that you mentioned. As if death is the end of it all.
Even the whole christian burial ceremony does not show any sign that this person has gone to a better place. Everything is so gloomy and sad and fear infested that their is no shred of joy that this individual is heading to any beautiful place called heaven.
I don't feel the burial ceremony matches with the expectation of an afterlife with God in heaven in any way.
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by OasisofRefuge(f): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2014
Its natural to cry for the lost of a loved one. we are human with feelings and emotions. nothing wrong about crying but we should learn to move on and stop grieving for a long time.
even the bible said cry with those who cry and rejoice with those that rejoice.
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by honourhim: 10:15am On Nov 18, 2014
seemore:

All these things you mentioned are gone forever. But for people you are supposed to meet up with them in heaven. Compared to eternity the time you will wait to meet with them is very short. But we cry as if we will never see them again like our certificates etc that you mentioned. As if death is the end of it all.
Even the whole christian burial ceremony does not show any sign that this person has gone to a better place. Everything is so gloomy and sad and fear infested that their is no shred of joy that this individual is heading to any beautiful place called heaven.
I don't feel the burial ceremony matches with the expectation of an afterlife with God in heaven in any way.

Now you ve made your point much better. If you say that they grieve too much as if there is no hope Its a different thing than saying it as if people should rejoice than grieve when their loved one dies.
For example, how can someone's father or mother die and the person starts rejoicing? That's what the foolish boy up there that is supporting you is saying. Pathetic how desperate people can be in pushing their false teaching.
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by CANTICLES: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2014
honourhim:

Now you ve made your point much better. If you say that they grieve too much as if there is no hope Its a different thing than saying it as if people should rejoice than grieve when their loved one dies.
For example, how can someone's father or mother die and the person starts rejoicing? That's what the foolish boy up there that is supporting you is saying.
#smiles# am not foolish , infact i see no reason why a geniune christian should use such words almost 2 times in expressin his opinion !!! Death is not a good thing, i saw in d scripture that its a curse But the promise of afterlife of nowadays religion turn it to a blessing thus the op stressed that if thats d case , people should be happy that their loved ones has gone to a better place , But thats not d truth .. U will now understand why Jesus wept at the sight of people mourning a dead relative !! Bcoz He knew d man is DEAD ,& its only a RESSURECTION can bring the dead back to life ( Joh 6:44)
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by Yooguyz: 11:57am On Nov 18, 2014
CANTICLES:
#smiles# am not foolish , infact i see no reason why a geniune christian should use such words almost 2 times in expressin his opinion !!! Death is not a good thing, i saw in d scripture that its a curse But the promise of afterlife of nowadays religion turn it to a blessing thus the op stressed that if thats d case , people should be happy that their loved ones has gone to a better place , But thats not d truth .. U will now understand why Jesus wept at the sight of people mourning a dead relative !! Bcoz He knew d man is DEAD ,& its only a RESSURECTION can bring the dead back to life ( Joh 6:44)

[size=18pt]BERNIMORE/CANTICLES[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1976887/canticles-said-end-up-like

So you know death is acurse, and yet you Said I would DIE like hitler. You started to even lie that I am paulGrundy.

https://www.nairaland.com/1990742/bernimore-truthislight-canticles-loveroftruth-biblespeaks
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by shaggy007(m): 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
To lose energy so that they'll be able to eat.
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by Yooguyz: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Please help me and judge this matter, BERNIMORE/CANTICLES said would end up like Hitler do you agree?

https://www.nairaland.com/1976887/canticles-said-end-up-like
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by honourhim: 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
CANTICLES:
!!! Death is not a good thing, i saw in d scripture that its a curse But the promise of afterlife of nowadays religion turn it to a blessing thus the op stressed that if thats d case , people should be happy that their loved ones has gone to a better place , )

Same thing is also applicable to ressurection. People should also be happy when their loved ones die since the dead person will ressurect at the last day. Or are you trying to tell us that ressurection posses a hopless situation that should make people cry very much when they lose their loved ones while the after life doesn't pose a hopeless situation hence people should rejoice? This was why I called your post silly. You allowed your false teaching to blind your eyes to the fact that both the after-life and the resurrection poses hopeful situations and if people should rejoice in one, they should also rejoice in the other.

CANTICLES:
.. U will now understand why Jesus wept at the sight of people mourning a dead relative !! Bcoz He knew d man is DEAD ,& its only a RESSURECTION can bring the dead back to life ( Joh 6:44)

Again you expose your falsehood. What you said here was not the reason why Jesus wept. You are desperately pushing your falsehood but I won't allow you succeed. Jesus knew that he would raise Lazarus up yet he wept. Mary and Martha knew they will see Lazarus on the ressurection day, yet they wept. Its just the human nature. Your false interpretation to it does not hold any water.

You don't believe in afterlife, yet Phillipians 1:21,22-24 shows that there is afterlife. Here is it-

21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

The afterlife is a truth that everyone must face when we die. If you like continue to deny it and be preaching your falsehood. It changes nothing.
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by CANTICLES: 7:26am On Nov 19, 2014
honourhim:

Same thing is also applicable to ressurection. People should also be happy when their loved ones die since the dead person will ressurect at the last day. Or are you trying to tell us that ressurection posses a hopless situation that should make people cry very much when they lose their loved ones while the after life doesn't pose a hopeless situation hence people should rejoice?
u miss it all !! We dont grieve so much bcoz we know there will be Ressurection, wich is future ( joh 11:23,24) !!! But in d case of afterlife, the person neva dies ... he only change location !! So why cry for a livin person??

What you said here was not the reason why Jesus wept. Jesus knew that he would raise Lazarus up yet he wept
DEBUNKED, fact 1: Lazarus wasnt anywhere, Jesus met him in d grave (joh 11:11-14)!! Fact 2: Apostle paul doesnt bliv in pagan greek afterlife ..He blivs in attaining "the earlier resurection from d dead" phi 3:11
Re: Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? by CAPTIVATOR: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2014
honourhim:

Same thing is also applicable to ressurection. People should also be happy when their loved ones die since the dead person will ressurect at the last day. Or are you trying to tell us that ressurection posses a hopless situation that should make people cry very much when they lose their loved ones while the after life doesn't pose a hopeless situation hence people should rejoice?
!!!! So u dont believe in the ressurection ....... Its beta u go and join the pagan greeks and worship their false gods , because u look alike ! " and when they (pagan greeks) heard of the ressurection of the dead, some began to scoff" - Act 7:32 or in other words , 'when they heard of the resurection of the dead at d last day; dey smh" ..... Do u know why ?? Greek philosophers bliv that at death the soul migrates to an afterlife ! Plato (a pagan) argues this all his life'!So d future ressurection of those sleeping in death sounds foolish to them ! Can u see u look alike?

(1) (Reply)

Incredible Video: Watch As Pastor Chris Levels Half Of His Church Wit Annointing / Sunni And Shia Crisis: A Test Of Mohammed Prophethood / Pastor Dr. Martins Semba On Homosexuality In Uganda - Funny/serious Stuff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.